Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

jesus gently caress, never thought I'd catch up on a thread in GiP and immediately say "wow I'm glad I was probed for the last six hours" :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

PookBear posted:

what the gently caress are you trying to say

Just ignore it and move on man. Not even worth it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Fortunately islam is forgiving of those that were tricked into eating pork, or to avoid starvation.

Can't forget the bacon bullet companies though, that was evil on a particularly awful scale, spiritually. Not to mention incredibly dumb.

That poo poo wasn't issue or standard though. But I wouldn't doubt some rear end in a top hat managed to bring some in, like a contractor or a seal.

The one-two punch of these dudes assuming everyone's God is as much of a rules lawyering dick as theirs while also tacitly implying Islam is the one true religion will never, ever stop being funny

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I really hope we get a confirmation of that command post strike. Because all joking aside, that seems like it would be the worst single thing that could happen to the Russians in that region.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

The kind of dumbfuck who buys something like that doesn’t realize that their own ideology isn’t that far off of Al Qaeda/Daesh/Taliban.

They can absolutely never realize that "What we need to do is get some good, honest, God-fearin' country folk to come in and kick all those corrupt elites and ivory-tower eggheads out and replace them. That's how we'll get some common-sense know-how runnin' things!" is like Khomeini's whole deal for the 1979 Iranian Revolution.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Came in here thinking there were major updates to the war and welp.

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!
Canucks are sending some excaliburs and tubes.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lady of the lake gonna be pissed

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I really hope we get a confirmation of that command post strike. Because all joking aside, that seems like it would be the worst single thing that could happen to the Russians in that region.

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1517681600925941762?t=N5r52qMz6zmG2eIi90uNrQ&s=19

It may originate from the same source.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Ukraine has been pretty spot on with their reporting, especially when it comes to taking out high value targets. Every Russian general they've claimed to have killed so far has been confirmed dead.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

psydude posted:

Ukraine has been pretty spot on with their reporting, especially when it comes to taking out high value targets. Every Russian general they've claimed to have killed so far has been confirmed dead.

I think the Kadyrovite dude early on wasn't?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Farking Bastage posted:

LMAO. I just remember right about the time I grinded the RU cruisers to Moskva that fucker had been power crept into the current state of her.

WoWarships.jpg (Moskva was trying to escape the map so hard!)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/kyivindependent/status/1517762800218738688?s=21&t=X-Z7mu79aY7znFJH6Sx8WQ

Today’s numbers.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

They really should have 1 flagship under the boats

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

They really should have 1 flagship man-made reef under the boats

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Imagine losing 177 aircraft in 2 months.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

bulletsponge13 posted:

My PSG was a Fox News Cold War dickhead who lost his loving mind when I jokingly called my buddy a communist for not sharing M&Ms or some other dumb poo poo.

Of course he did, if your mate was a communist he would have shared those M&Ms, doesn't make sense :colbert:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

We never made bombs into toys. We did have plenty of troops handing out pork MREs to unsuspecting muslims, though.

That's how we gave the locals their own bombing runs.

Lmao

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

psydude posted:

That one seems wildly implausible. The tank losses aren't that far off from the confirmed Oryx numbers but the planes and helis are off by an order of magnitude.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I really hope we get a confirmation of that command post strike. Because all joking aside, that seems like it would be the worst best single thing that could happen to the Russians in that region.

The conscripts are generally not treated well by their commanders. A decapitation of their chain of command could give them an opportunity to mutiny, desert, or surrender.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Apr 23, 2022

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

psydude posted:

And that it's not a total war against a peer air force conducted at the limit of your aircraft's endurance over well developed AAA.

Are they counting aircraft destroyed on the ground by their TBMs in their early war strikes on Russian airbases? Or other things catching fire in Russia that we aren't hearing about.

aphid_licker posted:

That one seems wildly implausible. The tank losses aren't that far off from the confirmed Oryx numbers but the planes and helis are off by an order of magnitude.

In the normal course of things, I'd agree. This is not the normal course of things: Russia does not have air supremacy two months in. I'm prepared to assume that there's some reason for that and the loss of triple-digit airframes would certainly fit the bill.

IPCRESS fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 23, 2022

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

e:^ The numbers include aircraft destroyed on the ground. I say this because the number of helicopter losses increased by the exact number they claimed to have destroyed at Kherson airport the day after.

aphid_licker posted:

I think this is explainable by the way Oryx documents losses. A lot of the videos of destroyed equipment are coming from releases from the UA and RU militaries. We've seen far fewer videos of plane wreckage (Russian and Ukrainian) probably because of the areas where they're being shot down (not along roads) and the lack of drones monitoring them. There's also relatively few civilians left in the east to film and upload this stuff, and those that are sticking around probably don't want to risk getting murdered by the Russians after the stories coming out of Irpin and Bucha.

psydude fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Apr 23, 2022

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

IPCRESS posted:

And that it's not a total war against a peer air force conducted at the limit of your aircraft's endurance over well developed AAA.

Are they counting aircraft destroyed on the ground by their TBMs in their early war strikes on Russian airbases? Or other things catching fire in Russia that we aren't hearing about.

In the normal course of things, I'd agree. This is not the normal course of things: Russia does not have air supremacy two months in. I'm prepared to assume that there's some reason for that and the loss of triple-digit airframes would certainly fit the bill. Unless air supremacy is doctrinally undesirable for the Russians, of course.

We are saving fuel for glorious motherland, da da

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

shame on an IGA posted:

jesus gently caress, never thought I'd catch up on a thread in GiP and immediately say "wow I'm glad I was probed for the last six hours" :wtc:

shitpostin'...

shitpostin'....never changes

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

With how the rest of their military has been looking almost 200 seems like a stretch for them to have operational for this op in the first place sans strat bombers etc. I don't have inside info but purely by gut/rear end pull the number seems off.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

aphid_licker posted:

The discrepancy is a lot less than an order of magnitude, ukraine has been shooting down/destroying 1-10 planes/helis/uavs a day with one or two days where they destroyed 3-5 planes in a day (albeit I think the average is more like one or two a day). idk about the 177 number obviously. Helis there's pics of 40 of them that have been downed and they've been getting helis on the ground with artillery in addition to the ones they're shooting down. Again idk about the claimed number, but Russia has demonstrably lost a lot of both.

low key suspect that Ukraine is the country most densely covered with manpads in the world right now

also early in the war Ukraine was firing a lot of SAMs at what they later suspected to have been decoys, so that might've been inflating their number early on

aphid_licker posted:

With how the rest of their military has been looking almost 200 seems like a stretch for them to have operational for this op in the first place sans strat bombers etc. I don't have inside info but purely by gut/rear end pull the number seems off.

yeah, this too

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Apr 23, 2022

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

aphid_licker posted:

I'm now morbidly curious how many augered in at the end of the runway because lockwire had been stolen.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The attitude of "mistakes were made, we'll try do to better in the future" when there are horrific consequences for the people harmed by those mistakes is troubling. Were there ever any consequence for the people who made the design decisions that ended up putting food and UXO in the same color packaging with foreign lettering?

There is a roughly zero percent chance any single person or committee made both of those decisions.

Vegetarian omelette is the worst MRE or any other "meal."

Godholio fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 23, 2022

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Do they still have chili mac? That was always a favorite because it was guaranteed to come with candy. The vegetarian penne was also pretty damned good if you took the time to heat it up properly.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I don't know what kind of brain it takes to see a country's responsibility for two completely separate organizations coming to independent product decisions that added together, led to tragic consequences and blaring WELL SOMEONE SHOULD GO TO JAIL.

And I truly don't get how loving tankie-brained someone has to be to make the equivalence with Russian forces deliberately sticking bombs inside of food aid and children's toys.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

GD_American posted:

I don't know what kind of brain it takes to see a country's responsibility for two completely separate organizations coming to independent product decisions that added together, led to tragic consequences and blaring WELL SOMEONE SHOULD GO TO JAIL.

And I truly don't get how loving tankie-brained someone has to be to make the equivalence with Russian forces deliberately sticking bombs inside of food aid and children's toys.

Same. Both have bad outcomes but intent is kind of important here.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Godholio posted:

Vegetarian omelette is the worst MRE or any other "meal."

The Vomlet is the worst anything. MRE. Food. Paperweight. Biohazard.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/KofmanMichael/status/1517856532976881664?t=yuv4vEQNCLP2sp2x-vMbHQ&s=19

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Taerkar posted:

:hmmyes:

See also tuna with noodles.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good morning everyone, except Russian officials.

https://twitter.com/kyivindependent/status/1517874325495455744?s=21&t=GpzDV6bmZ_xzzAymtyDthA

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

sneakyfrog posted:

:hmmyes:

See also tuna with noodles.
Beats being a Russian and having to eat MREs that expired 7 years ago, and probably have dirt and rocks for meals, as Boris the defense contractor took and sold the real meals.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
The Pizza MRE is absolutely worth tracking down if you are really interested. And it comes with that cherry-berry cobbler.

Since it's the Ukraine thread, I think Steve did a video on a Ukrainian MRE if you want to see what they are getting. I hope whoever captured the Russian Field Kitchen Vehicle turns it into a food truck after the war. There is a part of me that really wants to poke inside of one and see what it can do.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

"We moved the commands closer to the fronts to help get commands to troops"

Later

"OH NO, 1, IS DOWN"

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Taerkar posted:

Only since they got rid of the Four Fingers of Death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Only since they got rid of the Four Fingers of Death.

The Chili Con Carnage from LRPRs was a solid contender for most vile meal.