Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

gonadic io posted:

(Already deleted)

americanization task force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Oi wheres me bleedin 'ammer got to? Some buggers only gone an nicked it.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
never forget this absolute classic
https://twitter.com/MPSRegentsPark/status/974645778558980096

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Ironically, using any one of those as a weapon would be worse than an object designed to be one

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

gonadic io posted:

(Already deleted)

I love how the Anglo world's solution to every problem is make everything in public worse

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

No way, this can't be real

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

KomradeX posted:

I love how the Anglo world's solution to every problem is make everything in public worse

when i lived in the uk there was this bollard in the middle of a bike path near me. it was cloud gray and around a bend, so in the wonderful uk weather was practically invisible 23 hours a day. people were constantly hitting it, kids especially. after calling the works maintenance people (assuming it maybe had been painted at some point), i did the whole talk to your councilor thing (super fun as a foreigner who was reminded constantly i wasnt a real resident a dozen times per interaction), and they said it was how it was supposed to be and painting it would be an eyesore (in england, shudder at the thought) and removing it would be a safety hazard, because i guess it kept the worlds smallest car from driving onto a meter wide bike path from the middle of the mile wide mud field beside it

also he reminded me at every opportunity that no one rides bikes anyway, despite however many hundreds of people i saw using this thoroughfare from my flat everyday

so i wrapped some reflective safety tape around it, and heard way less people eating asphalt for awhile. then one day the tape was gone, and soon i got a letter about interfering in public spaces. a month later they solved the problem. by putting up two more unpainted, invisible, thin metal poles in the path on either side of it, so it was impossible to ride any bike through

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It's supposed to be poo poo. If you don't like it gently caress off.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

this is why people say its the worst place in the world. its not just about raw numbers. this is about style

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Breakfast All Day posted:

when i lived in the uk there was this bollard in the middle of a bike path near me. it was cloud gray and around a bend, so in the wonderful uk weather was practically invisible 23 hours a day. people were constantly hitting it, kids especially. after calling the works maintenance people (assuming it maybe had been painted at some point), i did the whole talk to your councilor thing (super fun as a foreigner who was reminded constantly i wasnt a real resident a dozen times per interaction), and they said it was how it was supposed to be and painting it would be an eyesore (in england, shudder at the thought) and removing it would be a safety hazard, because i guess it kept the worlds smallest car from driving onto a meter wide bike path from the middle of the mile wide mud field beside it

also he reminded me at every opportunity that no one rides bikes anyway, despite however many hundreds of people i saw using this thoroughfare from my flat everyday

so i wrapped some reflective safety tape around it, and heard way less people eating asphalt for awhile. then one day the tape was gone, and soon i got a letter about interfering in public spaces. a month later they solved the problem. by putting up two more unpainted, invisible, thin metal poles in the path on either side of it, so it was impossible to ride any bike through

Jesus loving Christ

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

An insane mind posted:

No way, this can't be real

you're gonna want to sit down for this

most administrative districts employ what is known as "police,"

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

quote:

Home Office staff threaten mutiny over ‘shameful’ Rwanda asylum deal

On an intranet noticeboard civil servants drew a comparison with serving under Adolf Hitler, and asked if they had a duty to ‘resist’
[...]
Another stated: “Can the permanent secretary and seniors give staff any advice on coping with our conscience with these sort of policies? I don’t feel safe telling people I work for the Home Office any more and now just make up a nondescript role in another government department when asked what I do for a job.”
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/apr/20/home-office-staff-threaten-mutiny-over-shameful-rwanda-asylum-deal

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/TimesRadio/status/1517106403080609792?t=eDMYoTDRYErFZYKFh1IeHw&s=19

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

quote:

I don’t feel safe telling people I work for the Home Office

Actually it is me, the home office employee, who is the victim here

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Exciting to see neo new labour not just pro child sex abuse but openly in favour of hitting kids

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Sorry, not pro child sex abuse, just against prosecuting it

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
No Tory policy so ghastly Labour wouldn't endorse it to appeal to the centrists.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Ever more, I notice the Tories will say whatever as long as someone cheers for it. They're the party for policies with vocal supporters.

Labour's providing the other option, they're the party for policies with no supporters.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

endlessmonotony posted:

No Tory policy so ghastly Labour wouldn't endorse it to appeal to the centrists.

Rwanda asylum offloading?

Granted that seems more like a Patel than Tory policy.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Private Speech posted:

Rwanda asylum offloading?

Granted that seems more like a Patel than Tory policy.

What is a "hostile environment"?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Keith objected to the Rwanda plan on the grounds of cost. Any minute now they're going to unveil a rival plan to dump all the refugees on that Scottish anthrax island

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Surely there's a better choice.

Maybe somewhere in the Levant?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

smack him some more then

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Where can I read about Ed balls being brought back (edit he never left

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Ed Balls Day isn't for another week, sheesh

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Sorry, not pro child sex abuse, just against prosecuting it
ambivalent on child sex abuse, ambivalent on the causes of child sex abuse

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Keith objected to the Rwanda plan on the grounds of cost. Any minute now they're going to unveil a rival plan to dump all the refugees on that Scottish anthrax island

Nah, on low tide you can just walk across from Gruinard island to the mainland, and besides, they finally cleaned the island after started collecting soil samples and mailing them to the government lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Breakfast All Day posted:

This is the most British story I've read. What a great island full of incredibly smart people.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Don't like it leave, simple as

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
No one like it we don't care.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

That's are kieth

https://twitter.com/openDemocracy/status/1517483485564444672?t=6AIJfrjdK_D9yed0TTczPg&s=19

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the only surprising part is that he still has donors.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkmmhoW6Y24

two good guys

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

boris' current wife cheated on harry cole with boris lol

https://twitter.com/jamesdoleman/status/1517585708625584128?s=20&t=wKKSbi9OF7yqw6Zqz-KICw

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
She's not unattractive, what draws her to relationships with obese middle aged tory shits?

keep punching joe has issued a correction as of 10:12 on Apr 23, 2022

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

keep punching joe posted:

She's not in attractive, what draws her to relationships with obese middle aged tory shits?

Power

I'd usually say money too but lol not in Boris's case

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Boris Johnson getting multiple women to enthusiastically gently caress him all the while knowing that he's Boris Johnson is one of the most puzzling examples of human behavior that I've encountered in my entire life.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Boris Johnson getting multiple women to enthusiastically gently caress him all the while knowing that he's Boris Johnson is one of the most puzzling examples of human behavior that I've encountered in my entire life.

As I've said; he apparently enthusiastically wants to gently caress consenting adult human women, which makes him an almost unique catch among the british upper class

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

No Dignity posted:

Power

Boj is skint?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

No Dignity posted:

Power