Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Situation: there are 3 competing centrist parties
Tony Blair: 3?! Ridiculous! We need to develop one universal centrist party that covers everyone's use cases.
New situation: there are 4 competing centrist parties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pistol_Pete posted:

It's crazy how these people continue to resolutely believe that what the UK electorate really wants is Grown-up, Sensible Centrism, despite 100% of the evidence pointing to the opposite.

They aren't doing this to get votes, but to grift donations, NGO chairmanships and paid speaker engagements from the small bubble of people who genuinely believe that what the UK electorate really wants is Grown-up, Sensible Centrism.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
https://twitter.com/JohnLewisEU/status/1518290782813315078

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

LOL comparing a Presidential election to a parliamentary election.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

gonadic io posted:

Situation: there are 3 competing centrist parties
Tony Blair: 3?! Ridiculous! We need to develop one universal centrist party that covers everyone's use cases.
New situation: there are 4 competing centrist parties

No but you see he's going to make the other three competing centrist parties merge into one all-encompassing centrist coalition that will surely beat the Tories- wait, what? Oh. I have been informed that he will not, in fact, do that

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

forkboy84 posted:

LOL comparing a Presidential election to a parliamentary election.

Especially France's system, explicitly set up to force a faceoff between centrists and radicals so the radical side always gets crushed

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

MikeCrotch posted:

Especially France's system, explicitly set up to force a faceoff between centrists and radicals so the radical side always gets crushed
Note: If trends hold, she has a near 50:50 shot next time.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Note: If trends hold, she has a near 50:50 shot next time.

She said she won't run again.

But then politician (especially fash politician) promises etc.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Private Speech posted:

She said she won't run again.

But then politician (especially fash politician) promises etc.

She doesn't need to run again, and if her views about putin turn out to be a serious problem they'll just grab the next le pen anyway. Daddy set up the dynasty and marine was second by being the competent daughter, her sister would cheerfully step up.

Or it'll just be zenmour. Or maybe some new face of the far right. France isn't short of options and Macron is deeply hated by everyone that isn't voting for him

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Spangly A posted:

She doesn't need to run again, and if her views about putin turn out to be a serious problem they'll just grab the next le pen anyway. Daddy set up the dynasty and marine was second by being the competent daughter, her sister would cheerfully step up.

Or it'll just be zenmour. Or maybe some new face of the far right. France isn't short of options and Macron is deeply hated by everyone that isn't voting for him

I suspect a lot of people who did vote for him deeply hate him too

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Barry Foster posted:

I suspect a lot of people who did vote for him deeply hate him too

Right now there is every chance that Macron could become the defining European figure of our age, eclipsing even Merkel, whose legacy is unraveling before our eyes. The French president is not as clever as he thinks he is. He is selfish; he is arrogant; he believes himself the center of the world. And yet, he may well become great.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Catpetter1981 posted:

Right now there is every chance that Macron could become the defining European figure of our age, eclipsing even Merkel, whose legacy is unraveling before our eyes. The French president is not as clever as he thinks he is. He is selfish; he is arrogant; he believes himself the center of the world. And yet, he may well become great.

Comment is Free?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Let's be real here, Macron is just going to enact all of the Front National's deranged racist bullshit as an apology for losing supporters to them, while ignoring their vague mumblings about more equitable economics.

The 'centre' is not a fixed position, and the far right is the most powerful and socially-acceptable driver of French modern liberal-democratic policy.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Craven?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Quoth the Craven, "CONTROLS ON IMMIGRATION"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
that book extract misses this bit. starmer is an absolute massive oval office

https://twitter.com/keewa/status/1518558227188834304?s=20&t=t0r3JGetV9D1qwq3JF7Zxg

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Jose posted:

that book extract misses this bit. starmer is an absolute massive oval office

https://twitter.com/keewa/status/1518558227188834304?s=20&t=t0r3JGetV9D1qwq3JF7Zxg

bizarre that he was involved in this, I never knew

can't believe he was out-compassioned by Theresa loving May

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Barry Foster posted:

bizarre that he was involved in this, I never knew

can't believe he was out-compassioned by Theresa loving May

former human rights lawyer lol

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Darth Walrus posted:

Let's be real here, Macron is just going to enact all of the Front National's deranged racist bullshit as an apology for losing supporters to them, while ignoring their vague mumblings about more equitable economics.

The 'centre' is not a fixed position, and the far right is the most powerful and socially-acceptable driver of French modern liberal-democratic policy.

he should make her his chancellor tbh, get her invested in the current system and keep her under his thumb.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

"Speaking to you is making me feel very uncomfortable" LMAO keith

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

gonadic io posted:

he should make her his chancellor tbh, get her invested in the current system and keep her under his thumb.

:hmmyes:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"why are you persecuting my son, he is suffering for a victimless crime, i am terrified he will die"

wow u r being VERY hostile r/n

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

tbf the silver lining is you can treasure forever the day you made kier starmer upset

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

dunno he’s already such a non entity that there’s just going to be a greyed out squiggle where his name is in the labour leadership historicals

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

"why are you persecuting my son, he is suffering for a victimless crime, i am terrified he will die"

wow u r being VERY hostile r/n

what scum

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Darth Walrus posted:

this but all 'centrist' countries

centrists aren't real, they're just embarrassed right wingers

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jel Shaker posted:

dunno he’s already such a non entity that there’s just going to be a greyed out squiggle where his name is in the labour leadership historicals
there’s already a greyed out squiggle where his human body should be

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Regarde Aduck posted:

this but all 'centrist' countries

centrists aren't real, they're just embarrassed right wingers

They might not be real, but they can certainly hurt you.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

https://twitter.com/TracyAnnO/status/1518832390000549888?t=Nyj9Ez1Z1YcI6ssAScdFBQ&s=19

Please retweet

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/BareLeft/status/1518583891921092611

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/HackneyAbbott/status/1518862566189109248?s=20&t=lyC0zAHfDTNpjzw8BCzhMw

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Looks like a drink spiker.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

That's higher res than some of her Keith pictures lol

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

what is wrong with his chin?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Relevant Tangent posted:

what is wrong with his chin?

it is attached to the rest of him

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Excited for Diane Abbott to be forced to make a grovelling apology for online bullying

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

lol i

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Women4Wes/status/1518887992068390912?s=20&t=lyC0zAHfDTNpjzw8BCzhMw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

an entire island of sex monsters