Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Really looking like meadows is being set up to be the fall guy

https://twitter.com/jeremyherb/status/1518621139987218433?s=21&t=zrE5NYab_jVm1zz9QVwxSA

quote:

The never-before-seen texts include messages from Trump's family -- daughter Ivanka Trump, son-in-law Jared Kushner and son Donald Trump Jr. -- as well as White House and campaign officials, Cabinet members, Republican Party leaders, January 6 rally organizers, Rudy Giuliani, My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell, Sean Hannity and other Fox hosts. There are also text exchanges with more than 40 current and former Republican members of Congress, including Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas and Reps. Jim Jordan of Ohio, Mo Brooks of Alabama and Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia.

Day of was basically all these idiots telling meadows today convince trump to stop it.

Even Jr realized it was bad.

quote:

Shortly after, Donald Trump Jr. weighed in: "This his(sic) one you go to the mattresses on. They will try to gently caress his entire legacy on this if it gets worse."

edit* beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I'm honestly not trying to purposely doompost but under what scenario could Biden possibly win re-election against anyone?

Every day that goes by it seems like he upsets more groups that supported him, more issues arise that will negatively affect him, more polling comes out showing him underwater with different polling bases, and with the obvious rear end whipping House Dems are going to get this year, we are not going to get a single piece of genuine progressive legislation for the next two years. Hell, Pelosi was going to ensure that anyways.

It's not doomposting to acknowledge the writing on the wall.

E: and from there work on change you can achieve on local levels that impact your community and push your way up

BetterToRuleInHell fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 25, 2022

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
We don't even know who either candidate will be yet. There's no writing on the wall to acknowledge, there's not even a wall yet. Everything being stated as fact is meaningless conjecture. Even if it is Trump v Biden round 2, a lot of the unhappy groups that voted Biden will still hate Trump a lot more, and enthusiasm was equally uneven in 2020 and Biden still won despite that. The entire world can change in 2 and a half years, so stop acting like everything is already settled.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 25, 2022

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I'm honestly not trying to purposely doompost but under what scenario could Biden possibly win re-election against anyone?

Republican Nominee Bernie Sanders? They'd pull out every and all stops to, well, stop him.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
It's always projection. Stop the steal means they want to steal.

Senators not voting against a sure to fail effort proves nothing. If they get an opportunity while they also control the house that's probably going to go very differently.

Maybe we'll get lucky and America democracy will be saved by Mitt Romney

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

There are more than two years until the election. We have no idea what's going to happen during those two years. At the beginning of 2018, could you have predicted that Trump would lose re-election to Joe Biden because he bungled the response to a global pandemic?

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Bottom Liner posted:

We don't even know who either candidate will be yet. There's no writing on the wall to acknowledge, there's not even a wall yet.

Come on, it's either going to be a Weekend at Bernie's situation with Biden or Kamala because the Dems in power don't learn their lesson

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Every day that goes by it seems like he upsets more groups that supported him, more issues arise that will negatively affect him, more polling comes out showing him underwater with different polling bases, and with the obvious rear end whipping House Dems are going to get this year, we are not going to get a single piece of genuine progressive legislation for the next two years. Hell, Pelosi was going to ensure that anyways.

Maybe you should rely on data/prior history over generic claims. For example, the polling data I posted earlier, even though it's far out from the 2024 election, shows it's extremely close with a lot of undecided voters:

Kalit posted:

As others have stated, it's impossible to know at this point if Trump would win since it's so far out. The latest Harvard/Harris poll from this month shows Trump has a slight advantage, but with a large amount of people being unsure:

https://harvardharrispoll.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/HHP_April2022_KeyResults.pdf

E: Whoops, I apparently cannot read a legend. Harvard/Harris shouldn't use red for Democrat/blue for Republican :argh:

Or you could look in the recent past. Obama was lagging in polling in 2010 against a number of hypothetical candidates, including Romney:

quote:

In a hypothetical 2012 matchup, Huckabee leads Obama 52 - 44 percent, while Romney has a 50-45 point advantage, which is within the poll's sampling error. Obama holds a 49-47 percent margin over Gingrich.

And this is when Obama's approval rating was in the mid 40s, just a few points higher than Biden's currently is: https://news.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

Please start actually looking at data/recent history before making broad brush claims about how the election in 2 years is already decided.

E:

Harold Fjord posted:

It's always projection. Stop the steal means they want to steal.

Senators not voting against a sure to fail effort proves nothing. If they get an opportunity while they also control the house that's probably going to go very differently.

Maybe we'll get lucky and America democracy will be saved by Mitt Romney

Why would they vote differently if they had control of the senate? The leader of their own party was yelling at them to overturn the election. They could point to their voting record and claim "I always supported our leader" to their constituents to generate more enthusiasm.

I can't imagine a better scenario to vote yes. There's literally no reason to hide behind a no vote.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 25, 2022

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

PhazonLink posted:

no but its another incremental step in the wrong direction.

They were apparently close to declaring "Marshall Law" at one point. I don't know who this Marshall is, but it doesn't sound good.

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1518626451867713539
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1518631522844168192

Some of the newly released texts:

quote:

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene to Mark Meadows

In our private chat with only Members, several are saying the only way to save our Republic is for Trump to call for Marshall law. I don't know on those things. I just wanted you to tell him. They stole this election. We all know. They will destroy our country next. Please tell him to declassify as much as possible so we can go after Biden and anyone else!

quote:

Yesterday was a terrible day. We tried everything we could in our objection to the 6 states. I'm sorry nothing worked. I don't think that President Trump caused the attack on the Capitol. It's not his fault. Antifa was mixed in the crowed and instigated it, and sadly people followed. But when people try everything and no one listens and nothing works, I guess they think they have no other choice. Absolutely no excuse and I fully denounce all of it, but after shut downs all year and a stolen election, people are saying that they have no other choice. I defended Trump last night on Newsmax. He has been the greatest President. I will continue to defend him. And you if anyone attacks you. I hope you are ok. I feel badly for everyone.

Mark Meadows to Rep. Marjorie Greene

Thanks Marjorie

quote:

Rep. Scott Perry to Mark Meadows

[Re: Replacing top DOJ staff prior to election] Mark, you should call Jeff. I just got off the phone with him and he explained to me why the principal deputy won't work especially with the FBI. They will view it as as not having the authority to enforce what needs to be done.

Mark Meadows to Rep. Scott Perry

I got it. I think I understand. Let me work on the deputy position

quote:

Rep. Andrew Clyde to Mark Meadows

Mark, This is Rep Andrew Clyde GA-09. I would like to pass to POTUS that we are still with him, I believe in him and I want to encourage him. I will do my best to continue to fight for election integrity too. Jody Hice suggested this was a good way to reach President Trump with encouragement. I truly hope he does create a new platform to complete with Twitter and I hope he calls it 'Trumpet' and then we can send out 'notes' to each other! Jennifer and I pray for POTUS daily, and FLOTUS too.

quote:

Election Day: November 3, 2020
Sean Hannity to Mark Meadows

hey

NC gonna be ok?

Mark Meadows to Sean Hannity

Stress every vote matters. Get out and vote

On radio

Yes sir

On it. Any place in particular we need a push

Pennsylvania. NC AZ

Nevada

Got it. Everywhere

quote:

Matt Schlapp to Mark Meadows

Pls get 4 or 5 killers in remaining counts. Need outsiders who will torch the place. Local folks won't do it. Lawyers and operators. Get us in these states. Worried that ronna not in mi.

Mark Meadows to Matt Schlapp

I may need to get you and mercy to go to PA

quote:

Jason Miller to Hope Hicks, Jared Kushner, Mark Meadows, Dan Scavino, Bill Stepien and Ivanka Trump

One other key data point: In 2016, POTUS received 15.5% of the vote in Philadelphia County. 'Today he is currently at 18.3%. 'So he increased from his performance in 2016. In 2016, Philadelphia County made up 11.3% of the total vote in the state. 'As it currently stands, Philadelphia County only makes up 10.2% of the statewide vote tally. So POTUS performed better in a smaller share. Sen. Santorum was just making this point on CNN - cuts hard against the urban vote stealing narrative.

Dan Scavino to Hope Hicks, Jared Kushner, Mark Meadows, Jason Miller, Bill Stepien and Ivanka Trump

Keep it until we have a better angle.

quote:

Rep. Andy Biggs to Mark Meadows

I'm sure you have heard of this proposal. It is to encourage the state legislatures to appoint a look doors in the various states where there's been shenanigans. If I understand right most of those states have Republican Legislature's. It seems to be comport with glorified Bush as well as the Constitution. And, well highly controversial, it can't be much more controversial than the lunacy that were sitting out there now. And It would be pretty difficult because he would take governors and legislators with collective will and backbone to do that. Is anybody on the team researching and considering lobbying for that?

Mark Meadows to Rep. Andy Biggs

I love it.

Jared Kushner was apparently the (very mild and very brief) voice of reason. He linked an article that said some of their claims were lies and then stopped.

quote:

Jared Kushner to Mark Meadows

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/...-dismissed.html

The White House was apparently taking calls and passing on Youtube videos from random internet commenters and Youtubers who thought they had "cracked the whole election fraud"

quote:

Kelli Ward to Mark Meadows

This guy says he's cracked the whole election fraud and wants to speak to someone. I sent his info to Molly Michael a few days ago, but I'm not sure it went anywhere.

Mike Lindell is actually crazy and doesn't just play a crazy guy on TV. We have even more evidence of this by his atrociously long and formatted text messages.

quote:

Mike Lindell to Mark Meadows

Hey Mark, I felt I was suppose to text you this message... You being a man a faith and on the front line of the decisions that are going to be historical! I would ask that you pray for wisdom and discernment from God! You are one of the people the president trusts the most. That being said I want to add my input.... Everything Sidney has said is true! We have to get the machines and everything we already have proves the President won by millions of votes! I have read and not validated yet that you and others talked him out of seizing them... If true .. I pray it is part of a bigger plan... I am grateful that on the night of the election the algorithms of the corrupt machines broke and they realized our president would win in spite of the historical fraud! I look for deviations every day in my business ... when I find one I investigate relentlessly until I know why it happened and how it happened... ( this is my gift from God that has made my business so successful) From 11:15 pm on the night of the election I have spent all my time running impossible deviations and numbers from this election... I also was blessed to be able to get info and help Sidney Lin General Flynn and everyone else out there gathering all the massive evidence! I have been sickened by politicians ( especially republicans ) judges, the media not wanting to see the truth ( no matter what the truth would be!) This is the biggest cover up of one of the worst crimes in history! I have spent over a million$ to help uncover this fraud and used my platform so people can get the word not to give up! The people on both sides have to see the truth and when they do .... there will not be no civil war , people ( including politicians!) are fearing! The only thing any of us should fear is fear of the Lord! Every person on this planet needs to know the truth and see the evidence!!! Mark .. God has his hand in all of this and has put you on the front line... I will continue praying for you to have great wisdom and discernment! Blessings Mike

Mark Meadows to Mike Lindell

Thanks brother. Pray for a miracle

quote:

January 2, 2021

Katrina Pierson to Mark Meadows

Good afternoon, would you mind giving me a call re: this Jan 6th event. Things have gotten crazy and I desperately need some direction. Please

January 3, 2021

Scratch that, Caroline Wren has decided to move forward with the original psycho list. Apparently Dan Scavino approved??

So, I'm done. I can't be a part of embarrassing POTUS any further.

quote:

Rep. Jim Jordan to Mark Meadows

On January 6, 2021, Vice President Mike Pence, as President of the Senate, should call out all electoral votes that he believes are unconstitutional as no electoral votes at all -- in accordance with guidance from founding father Alexander Hamilton and judicial precedence. 'No legislative act,' wrote Alexander Hamilton in Federalist No. 78, 'contrary to the Constitution, can be valid.' 'The court in Hubbard v. Lowe reinforced this truth: ''That an unconstitutional statute is not a law at all is a proposition no longer open to discussion.' '226 F. 135, 137 (SDNY 1915), appeal dismissed, 242 U.S. 654 (1916). ' Following this rationale, an unconstitutionally appointed elector, like an unconstitutionally enacted statute, is no elector at all.

Mark Meadows to Rep. Jim Jordan

I have pushed for this. Not sure it is going to happen

quote:

Mark I was just told there is an active shooter on the first floor of the Capitol Please tell the President to calm people This isn't the way to solve anything

Mick Mulvaney to Mark Meadows

Mark: he needs to stop this, now. Can I do anything to help?

Rep. Barry Loudermilk to Mark Meadows

It's really bad up here on the hill.

They have breached the Capitol.

Mark Meadows to Rep. Barry Loudermilk

POTUS is engaging

Thanks. This doesn't help our cause.

Rep. William Timmons to Mark Meadows

The president needs to stop this ASAP

Mark Meadows to Rep. William Timmons

We are doing it

Donald Trump Jr. to Mark Meadows

He's got to condem this poo poo. Asap. The captiol police tweet is not enough.

Donald Trump Jr. to Mark Meadows

This his one you go to the mattresses on. They will try to gently caress his entire legacy on this if it gets worse.

Reince Priebus to Mark Meadows

TELL THEM TO GO HOME !!!

quote:

Jason Miller to Mark Meadows and Dan Scavino

Call me crazy, but ideas for two tweets from POTUS: 1) Bad apples, likely ANTIFA or other crazed leftists, infiltrated today's peaceful protest over the fraudulent vote count. Violence is never acceptable! MAGA supporters embrace our police and the rule of law and should leave the Capitol now! 2) The fake news media who encouraged this summer's violent and radical riots are now trying to blame peaceful and innocent MAGA supporters for violent actions. This isn't who we are! Our people should head home and let the criminals suffer the consequences!

Mark we don't think these attackers are our people. We think they are Antifa. Dressed like Trump supporters.

Rep. Louie Gohmert to Mark Meadows

Cap Police told me last night they'd been warned that today there'd be a lot of Antifa dressed in red Trump shirts & hats & would likely get violent. Good that Trump denounces violence but could add & well demand justice for those who became violent & well get to the bottom of what group they're with.

Jared Kushner to Mark Meadows, Jason Miller and Dan Scavino

Why don't we post on his Facebook page since he isn't locked out there...

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 25, 2022

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
60 days ago Vladimir Putin launched an imperial war of aggression against Ukraine, and subsequently reinvigorated the NATO alliance and lit a fire under European politics. The world can change quickly, and in enormous ways. I don't think it's useful at all to try and prognosticate the 2024 election in 2022.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

E: and from there work on change you can achieve on local levels that impact your community and push your way up

I can imagine him barely crawling to re-election if only because of the incumbent advantage. I'm starting to wonder if the media narrative post-midterms (assuming dems lose the house) will be something like: Biden now has to compromise instead of enacting his radical left agenda. And then that somehow helps his approval ratings despite being an absurd statement on its face.

But heck, two years is a long time and anything can happen.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

haveblue posted:

There are more than two years until the election. We have no idea what's going to happen during those two years. At the beginning of 2018, could you have predicted that Trump would lose re-election to Joe Biden because he bungled the response to a global pandemic?

I'm pretty confident in predicting Republicans will continue to radicalize themselves. That's something that I think will happen in two years. I can't say with certainty how far down the slope they'll get in two years but the end goal isn't going to change for them, they've laid out their course and they aren't changing it.

My gut feeling is they've done enough legwork already to ensure that only their outcome is allowed. If that ends up wrong, nothing is actually stopping them so they'll just try again with more lessons learned and more institutions stacked their way.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Unless she's faking it to Meadows as well, MTG is legit insane.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Biggest take away from those texts is that everyone involved has the language skills of a 5 year old.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
e^

its text messages / chat, thats the nature of the medium.

Bottom Liner posted:

We don't even know who either candidate will be yet. There's no writing on the wall to acknowledge, there's not even a wall yet.

should have let Don build that wall.

a real wall, a beautiful wall you can write and paint on.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Is Cawthorn not in the texts? Or is he just young/smart enough to use Signal or Whatsapp?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

FizFashizzle posted:

Is Cawthorn not in the texts? Or is he just young/smart enough to use Signal or Whatsapp?

I honestly don't think he has those sorts of connections yet/at that time.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Solkanar512 posted:

I honestly don't think he has those sorts of connections yet/at that time.

He had just won his first election and hadn't even been inaugurated yet the day of some of those texts.

Kind of concerning how quickly MTG got the Chief of Staff's personal cell phone number and unlimited access to the President, though.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Signal and other secure comm apps need to be configured correctly on both your side and the other side.

FL Pedo, gaetz has some signal stuff leaked because he didnt enable no screen shoting, or auto deleting messages.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

FL Pedo, gaetz has some signal stuff leaked because he didnt enable no screen shoting, or auto deleting messages.

lol, wot?

Maggie Hassan managed to piss off everyone while posturing at the Southern border:

quote:

Her home state shares a border with Canada. So when New Hampshire Sen. Maggie Hassan recently showed up more than 2,000 miles away, at the U.S border with Mexico, it created a backlash.

Not just among Republicans — who mocked her as ‘MAGA Maggie’ and dismissed her appearances in Texas and Arizona as a desperate attempt to appear tough on border security — but within her own party. Latino leaders reacted with rage to her southern border visit in early April and her opposition to the Biden administration’s plan to lift the Trump-era border restriction known as Title 42.

Members of the New Hampshire Democratic Latino Caucus resigned from their party leadership posts in an angry public letter. A Democratic state lawmaker took to the House floor to rail against Hassan and Rep. Chris Pappas (D-N.H.), who also opposes the administration’s effort to end Title 42. More than a dozen progressives and immigration advocates gathered in Portsmouth Tuesday — the same day President Joe Biden was visiting the city — to protest Hassan’s stance and demand that she meet with them.

The fierce pushback is a glimpse into the volatile politics surrounding Title 42 and the pressures buffeting vulnerable swing-state senators like Hassan — one of four Democratic incumbents whose fate in November will likely determine control of the Senate.

“I’m really furious. I don’t see what she thought she was going to gain by doing this,” said Eva Castillo, one of the signers of the letter and director of the New Hampshire Alliance for Immigrants and Refugees. “I really think she’s trying to pander to the right and she thought doing this is going to help her win some more support.”

Castillo said she’s considering leaving her ballot blank for her U.S. Senate pick.

“In the last election, she was vulnerable and she’s even more vulnerable now. So, if we all decided to just leave it blank, that would speak very loudly,” she said.

Hassan isn’t alone in criticizing the Biden administration over plans to lift Title 42. A number of House and Senate Democrats — including Sens. Mark Kelly of Arizona, Raphael Warnock of Georgia, and Catherine Cortez Masto of Nevada, the four most endangered Senate Democrats — have called on the administration to delay the rescission of the policy, which allows border agents to quickly kick out thousands of migrants without letting them seek asylum.

Yet Hassan is the only one of the group — except for Kelly, who represents a border state — to visit the border to emphasize the need for border security.

“She’s back in election mode, so she’s going to out-Republican the Republicans on the border. Is she disappointing? Absolutely,” said Arnie Arnesen, a former Democratic gubernatorial candidate and liberal radio talk show host. “I don’t think she’ll get one more vote for what she’s doing… I think it’s foolish, but we will be voting for Maggie, not because of Maggie but because we believe in democracy and she won’t vote for Mitch McConnell.”

Immigration isn’t necessarily a top-of-mind issue in New Hampshire, according to several Democratic strategists and leaders. Andrew Smith, director of the University of New Hampshire Survey Center, said there isn’t any recent polling on immigration views in the state, but that the public’s view on Title 42 right now is “not likely to impact many votes in November.”

Still, Hassan’s reelection is taking place against the backdrop of an anxious mood in the state. Nearly two-thirds of respondents in a recent UNH Granite State Poll believe the U.S. is on the wrong track; only 28 percent think it’s headed in the right direction. Biden’s approval ratings are underwater: 47 percent approve of his job performance, while 53 percent disapprove.

A Granite State Poll released this week puts Hassan in a statistical tie in match-ups with four potential Republican challengers. Just 35 percent have a favorable opinion of her, compared to 51 percent who view her unfavorably.

Arnesen and other Democrats in the state noted that Hassan has upset members of her own party before with her position on immigration. In 2015, as governor, she became the first Democratic governor to call for a complete halt to the U.S. accepting Syrian refugees until the government could “ensure robust refugee screening.”

But Hassan’s precarious position this year has led many to assume her trip — and a subsequent video she shared to Twitter in front of the border wall — was a blatant political ploy. To some Democrats, it appeared to be an embrace of GOP tactics and an unnecessary doubling down on an issue that Republicans are going to criticize her on regardless of what she says or does.

“I’m not aware of anyone who thought that was a terribly good idea. It seems like the breakdown of Democrats is: Some are upset, others are perplexed — and I’m not sure anyone is happy about it,” said one long-time New Hampshire-based Democratic political insider, who spoke on condition of anonymity to speak freely. “I love Maggie… but I don’t think anyone really understands why she did it.”

Hassan’s moves have also led to a fallout with Latino leaders in the state.

“The dangerous rhetoric and its accompanying attitude is something we expect from the New Hampshire Republican Party and their fear-mongering slew of candidates,” they wrote in their public letter to the state party chair, “but when one of our Democratic leaders acts in the same way, we must draw a line.”

More.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Come on, it's either going to be a Weekend at Bernie's situation with Biden or Kamala because the Dems in power don't learn their lesson

Could always be Hillary Clinton: Third time's the charm!

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I suspect that Biden runs, wins at least as much of the popular vote as 2020, and loses narrowly on electoral votes with at least one state having obvious fuckery that's not quite enough to cause people to do anything.

There's too many red trifecta states with bullshit election monitors for a narrow election to not go Republicans ways anymore. They made it clear that 2020 was the last time they're going to let open elections stop them. And dems aren't doing poo poo to address it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There are no consequences to doing so and infinite upside. It's not difficult calculus.

All of the pants pissing in those texts we're now seeing was entirely predicated on some severe consequences that did not come.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jaxyon posted:

I suspect that Biden runs, wins at least as much of the popular vote as 2020, and loses narrowly on electoral votes with at least one state having obvious fuckery that's not quite enough to cause people to do anything.

There's too many red trifecta states with bullshit election monitors for a narrow election to not go Republicans ways anymore. They made it clear that 2020 was the last time they're going to let open elections stop them. And dems aren't doing poo poo to address it.

Don't forget they also have a literal proletariat army capable of mobilizing on short notice to assemble and invade any state house and/or the US capitol to try and forcibly make sure they are declared the winners if literally all of that fails as well. Because the organizers and the vast majority of the executors of the last coup went completely unpunished and are free and ready to do it again and get it right this time.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Unless she's faking it to Meadows as well, MTG is legit insane.

I think the worst thing about the right wing conspiracies is how many people actually in government have been convinced by them that they're totally powerless and that there is a secret shadow government fighting them and stopping them instead of their own ineptitude. They're so stupid that they can't effectively weild power even when literally the only thing in the way is themselves and then they come up with insane conspiracy to explain a world that is just flat out too complicated and confusing for them. Everyone in government is so dumb right now because consequences and cause and effect don't exist for them anymore. Congress people live in a paracausal universe

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Koos Group posted:

Forgot to say, if you make a statement with this much confidence, please source or at least explain it.

I was referencing recent polls showing Trump winning first and the general state of disarray in the Dem Party second.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

Bishyaler posted:

I was referencing recent polls showing Trump winning first and the general state of disarray in the Dem Party second.

The polls don't show Trump overwhelmingly ahead though. The latest Harvard/Harris poll is within the margin of error. And there's also a sizeable percentage of people who are unsure.

E: To clarify, I think it's reasonable to say Trump has an edge over Biden if the election happened today. But that's much, much different than

Bishyaler posted:

As of today, if he runs, he wins.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 25, 2022

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Kalit posted:

The polls don't show Trump overwhelmingly ahead though. The latest Harvard/Harris poll is within the margin of error. And there's also a sizeable percentage of people who are unsure.

Do you believe Dems could duplicate the voting turnout from 2020? If the answer is no, Republicans probably have this one in the bag, and I don't see how the answer isn't no after watching Biden fail to deliver on so many campaign promises.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Twitter agreed to the Musk buyout, so going to be very interesting seeing what follows if/when he rolls back any disinformation pushback Twitter was already doing (covid/vaccines, election lies, etc) in the name of “free speech.”

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Bishyaler posted:

Do you believe Dems could duplicate the voting turnout from 2020? If the answer is no, Republicans probably have this one in the bag, and I don't see how the answer isn't no after watching Biden fail to deliver on so many campaign promises.

How do the recent polls you were referencing in your prior post support your "fact" of Trump winning right now?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bishyaler posted:

At this point in both Obama and Trump's first terms they were polling significantly worse in hypothetical matchups for their re-election. Obama was down six points to Romney and Trump down double digits to Biden.

Neither of those really predicted how the actual 2012 or 2020 elections would play out. Trying to confidently make predictions about it now with that kind of data seems like a fool's errand.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Fifteen of Many posted:

Twitter agreed to the Musk buyout, so going to be very interesting seeing what follows if/when he rolls back any disinformation pushback Twitter was already doing (covid/vaccines, election lies, etc) in the name of “free speech.”

The craziest thing is that the company agreed to sell the shares at just a dollar above current trading price. So, the management at Twitter either thinks the company is currently way overvalued or they have no faith that it is possible for the company to be profitable long-term.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Time to delete my Twitter account(s).

e: Accounts deactivated, app installed. You won't be missed.

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 25, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fifteen of Many posted:

The best* case scenario at this point is if he turns Twitter into Tumblr though his short-sighted instant gratification ADHD-addled brainworms; just make the platform absolutely untenably toxic to normal people and the userbase just instantly evaporates so all you have left is just a roiling sea of chuds with no libs left to own. Won't actually happen though. People would rather part with four randomly chosen fingers than ever give up Twitter.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fifteen of Many posted:

He doesn't care about free speech, just about whether people are using Twitter to troll him personally

ReidRansom posted:

Time to delete my Twitter account(s).

It has been time to delete your twitter accounts for years

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Jason Miller text going “Lie and say it was Antifa!” followed by live fox texts of GOP reps going “Ih I heard this was Antifa! Yeah!” is :laffo:

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Kalit posted:

How do the recent polls you were referencing in your prior post support your "fact" of Trump winning right now?

You have polls indicating a winner. You have one base which is energized and another which is disappointed. You have an economic climate which doesn't favor the incumbent at all. At this point you're banking on undecided voters. My high confidence in the outcome does not mean I'm stating the outcome is undisputed fact, nor should anyone unless they're a wizard in possession of a crystal ball.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

haveblue posted:

It has been time to delete your twitter accounts for years

Yeah. One less thing to doomscroll. Also all the other reasons. But now it is done.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

It's Elon Musk, so the most likely scenario is that he makes 3-4 announcements detailing major changes, halfway implements one of them, posts a bunch of edgy memes about PC culture, then forgets about it until he needs money and sells his shares, but he doesn't frame it as doing it because he wants liquid cash and instead says he needs it to create an AI-powered flamethrower on Mars that never gets followed up on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Bishyaler posted:

You have polls indicating a winner. You have one base which is energized and another which is disappointed. You have an economic climate which doesn't favor the incumbent at all. At this point you're banking on undecided voters. My high confidence in the outcome does not mean I'm stating the outcome is undisputed fact, nor should anyone unless they're a wizard in possession of a crystal ball.

No I'm not? As I've stated multiple times, the latest Harvard/Harris poll is still even within the margin of error if you ignore the undecided voters. And that's me being generous and allowing your assumption that polling is 100% accurate.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 25, 2022