Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Three races in America is good but but none of them are Watkins glen or Laguna seca :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Sam Collins owns

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Thanks Ants posted:

Sam Collins owns

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

Sam Collins owns

:yeah:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Hottest take: Crofty is good and no one gives a gently caress about infrared cameras mapping heat signatures on cars that's stupid.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Sab0921 posted:

Hottest take: Crofty is good and no one gives a gently caress about infrared cameras mapping heat signatures on cars that's stupid.

Gonna need an infrared camera to get a read on this take

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Sab0921 posted:

I would use it to check if Albon's brakes are going to set fire any time soon

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Rebus posted:

I would use it to check if Albon's brakes are going to set fire any time soon

:drat:

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Ok which of you wrote this? https://thenib.com/ode-to-my-rice-cooker/

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Kinda hope they manage to fix the porpoising by the time we get to Baku, otherwise there won't be a rest of the season on account of all the drivers' spines being reduced to powder after 51 runs down that huge straight.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bloody Pom posted:

Kinda hope they manage to fix the porpoising by the time we get to Baku, otherwise there won't be a rest of the season on account of all the drivers' spines being reduced to powder after 51 runs down that huge straight.

great news for max

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Unfortunately sprint races are extremely fake and FTL and this was probably a deliberate attempt by the FIA to sabotage the true racing spirit of Italy and Scuderia Ferrari. Inexcusable

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The guys in the early 80s basically put up with 600HP+ oversized turbo shifter karts so I’d suggest Russell and his ilk stop whining.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

ethanol posted:

Three races in America is good but but none of them are Watkins glen or Laguna seca :qq:
Nobody would be able to pass at Laguna. It’s like Imola but worse in that regard.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Maybe Liberty thought Ferrari could win twice in a weekend. vOv

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Bloody Pom posted:

Sounds like a solid win for Check after all the euro lads braak their spine.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

F1tv was great with the PLC but they butchered it and now its not worth the money unless you have no other way to watch and even then…

Seems like the three US options are F1TV Pro, cable with ESPN, or some random stream on Reddit.

One of those is definitely the cheapest and easiest if you don’t watch other sports.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ethanol posted:

They’d never be able to get either up to Grade 1, between either the safety upgrades needed or the massive gently caress-off garage spaces. Would be better to just have Roger Penske throw money at making the Indianapolis infield circuit better, since it’s already got the grade 1 categorization.

I haven’t used F1 TV yet because the live streaming rights in Japan are with DAZN, which has plenty of other sports that I want to watch anyways so it’s still a good deal. But yeah, the situation in the US is an absolute poo poo-show for TV coverage. [Fake edit] yeah NFL’s streaming is expensive outside the US (about $250/season from memory) but it’s all games live and RedZone. DAZN here has a selection of games and RedZone, so I don’t bother. The MLS is the one that has zero legal option to watch in this country.

It’s also a shame F1 has chased pay-TV money in Europe especially over getting coverage on free-to-air channels, I remember in 2010-12 the BBC having F1 meant real high viewing figures that dropped off as soon as Sky got the exclusive rights. Huh!

harperdc fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 26, 2022

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this is just insane for a temporary circuit. I'm having a big laugh at euros having to work with Florida DOT regs and buy from local vendors. Also, whenever I say "asphalt" from now on I'm pronouncing it "ashvault"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65z7xFjgKRg

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Sab0921 posted:

Hottest take: Crofty is good
That's nothing to joke about, friend

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

has anyone said fat rear end marina yet

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Sab0921 posted:

Hottest take: Crofty is good

:mods:

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Thanks Ants posted:

Sam Collins owns

I was going to agree but then I remembered he's a Lib Dem

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

spaceblancmange posted:

rear end purina

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Alaois posted:

No one except the biggest nerds in the entire universe gives a poo poo about any of that

That’s the poo poo I got into the sport for. gently caress the drivers.

[edit] gently caress the racing too, for that matter. Tell me more about the cars.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 26, 2022

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

spaceblancmange posted:

who's marina

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

If a car crashes into Miami’s fake kiddie pool and drains it onto the track it’ll be the best thing I’ve ever seen, maybe.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm not sure what, but I'm beyond excited to see just exactly how Miami this Miami race gets.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
The porpising makes the cars looks so drat cheap and bad it’s like wtf bro

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Probably the tackiest thing they could do would be to only partially fill the lake with water, such that the boats look like they're floating but actually they're just sitting on blocks, so I assume that's what they're going to do.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Blackhawk posted:

Probably the tackiest thing they could do would be to only partially fill the lake with water, such that the boats look like they're floating but actually they're just sitting on blocks, so I assume that's what they're going to do.

Considering the harbor is half built but there’s already visible boats there, this is absolutely what’s happening.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I was going to agree but then I remembered he's a Lib Dem

Probably not for long

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Considering the harbor is half built but there’s already visible boats there, this is absolutely what’s happening.

*Visible boats that people paid entirely too much money to have towed into and parked in a half-assed half-built marina.

It’s terrible, I love it.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Thanks Ants posted:

Probably not for long

Well if enough of his constituents are annoyed that he's away half the year, and actually turn out to vote in local elections. But piss tories normally get by on total anonymity

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Oh I just assumed he wouldn't bother running again

Edit: Lol he is, why would you bother

https://northhertslibdems.org.uk/en/page/district-council-candidates-may-2022

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

An overpriced flashy money laundering scheme placed in an area that good sense tells you it should not be there is actually the entire modern history of Miami so I'm glad f1 is honoring our traditions

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

nom epique posted:

The porpising makes the cars looks so drat cheap and bad it’s like wtf bro

No it doesn't.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

albon rater reporting in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU