Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

holefoods posted:

The algorithm seems to have decided I am a trans man and is recommending me chest binders.

You too huh?

At least it stopped thinking I'm a gay man shopping for lingerie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

ah cool I've been looking for a way to supplement cadmium in my diet without digging out the garfield cups

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Darchangel posted:

For toothpaste, this style works fine:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001770766905.html

We’ve got a couple similar to that, and a couple of stainless steel ones like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10000060508618.html
and they work pretty well. Even allow for standing the tube on end of it’s not too tall. Mine are from Amazon, but same difference. You can also by just the windup key, which is still a lot better than squeezing or rolling up without.
Seconded.

I have the first type and love them. Love being able to stand the tubes up to lessen clutter.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

So, I got a USB-C/USB-A adapter for my phone, so that I could use the USB Memory stick on my keychain with my phone. However, it was not quite as "plug'n'play" as advertised: I needed to install 3rd party software to get my NTFS-formatted partition on the stick to show up.

Since it's a "free trial" only, I guess I have 30 days to figure out whether I will buy the full version of this plugin, or find out which file system types Android supports natively and re-format the disk to one of those.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

exfat or fat32, depending on volume size.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

MRC48B posted:

exfat or fat32, depending on volume size.

According to this page, "Android has always supported the FAT32, Ext3, and Ext4 file system formats", so I will probably go with ext3 as I have the driver for that installed on my Windows box. Of course, exFAT would be more compatible, so, as said, I'll take some time to think about it.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
If you are at home, just use wireless connection to copy and paste stuff between your phone and pc. I use mixplorer which support SMB so just add your NAS drive to your mixplorer bookmark. You don't need a pc friendly file format on your card.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
That certainly is A Solution to A Problem, yes.

Not sure it has anything to do with what OP is trying to do though

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Refreshing

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

ohnobugs posted:

Refreshing

Those're the loving things with a spring that snaps out and smacks your finger when you pull out the stick of "gum", aren't they?
Mind you, the "Cock Mint" part is funny, regardless.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

They know what attracts goons!

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

Darchangel posted:

Those're the loving things with a spring that snaps out and smacks your finger when you pull out the stick of "gum", aren't they?
Mind you, the "Cock Mint" part is funny, regardless.

It's not gum, it's mint for your cock. The spring is a feature for the kinky ones out there

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Our ancient roomba was in need of some spare parts. Turns out 1: Roombas are amazing from a maintenance perspective, all the components are modular and easy to replace. 2: Aliexpress is packed with very cheap replacement components. I've replaced the side brush motor unit as well as all the brushes and the front wheel, and I've got replacement wheel rubber, brushes, filters and wheel motors on order as spares for when the current ones eventually die.

Because I'm a goon and this thread is like osha catnip I also have a tiny chainsaw on order.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The gently caress is wrong with you Ali, stop chasing me with around the internet with this poo poo .
Somewhat :nws:
https://gcdnb.pbrd.co/images/G4dtJ23YOFYm.png

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

they will never stop, they know what you like now

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Squish posted:

I am going to incorporate the phrase "offensively correct" into my common vernacular.

The mortifying ordeal of being known by the dumbest algorithm known to man because you're just that predictable. :argh:

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

By popular demand posted:

The gently caress is wrong with you Ali, stop chasing me with around the internet with this poo poo .
Somewhat :nws:
https://gcdnb.pbrd.co/images/G4dtJ23YOFYm.png

I need to know what that digital camera is. Some kind of RED knock off?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

That's the Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ohnobugs posted:

Refreshing

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

No doubt it's been asked ITT before, but how do I stop all Aliexpress pages being displayed to me in Spanish?

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

BigBadSteve posted:

No doubt it's been asked ITT before, but how do I stop all Aliexpress pages being displayed to me in Spanish?

Click on the place where it says Spanish and select English from the dropdown. It should be next to a flag.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mine got hosed up for a long time and no matter how many times I changed it it went back to Polish :shrug:

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

cyberia posted:

It's over 1600 pieces, lol. It's insanely cheap for such a large set.

It's 2-3x the price-per-brick of the sets I've bought off Ali, if you think it's insanely cheap you're a mug

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
Ha, I ordered this "New Upgrade Powerful Slingshot Rifle Portable Semi-Automatic Enhanced Edition Slingshot Bow for Outdoor Hunting and Shooting"
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0JlYOS . It got some kind of "returned" status when shipping, so I got a refund. Today it arrived, of course. Or, half of it I guess since the listing says it will be shipped in two parts, the other part lost to the ether. Oh well.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Tad Naff posted:

Ha, I ordered this "New Upgrade Powerful Slingshot Rifle Portable Semi-Automatic Enhanced Edition Slingshot Bow for Outdoor Hunting and Shooting"
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0JlYOS . It got some kind of "returned" status when shipping, so I got a refund. Today it arrived, of course. Or, half of it I guess since the listing says it will be shipped in two parts, the other part lost to the ether. Oh well.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Tad Naff posted:

Which parts got through? If i tried to order that here I'm pretty sure I would end up with the police knocking on my door.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
Most of it, as far as I can tell. Grips, rubber tubes, lots of bolts and nuts and doodads. But no "barrel", and I think I see a spring going down the middle in the listing which is not in the (very crushed) box I got. Eh, I probably should take that "ignorance of the law is no excuse" thing into account next time I go on an Ali bender.

Relatedly I got a nice letter from the Canadian Border Services about a karambit knife they seized, which I had also got a refund for a long time ago because it missed its delivery date, but in the meantime I ordered a bigger, scarier, and Canadian-made one from Amazon and it came just fine. I hope the cops aren't reading this, I don't need anybody coming around to shoot my dog and take my letter opener.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Whenever I see AliExpress slingshots and such devices, all I see are the bands breaking or coming loose and hitting the shooter right in the face.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I guess this is the generic “something can’t be shown” image but I like it

I remember seeing these things all the time at dodgy market stalls as a kid, I don’t think I ever saw them in a store, and they were always rectangular where this one is round. Anyway I was feeling nostalgic and ordered it.
12 inch falling sand art thingy

I had no idea about this being ‘the perfect communication tool with children’ and it was a dumb buy but if it doesn’t completely fix my feelings about my childhood maybe I can gift it to the nieces and nephews.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

DRINK ME posted:

I guess this is the generic “something can’t be shown” image but I like it

I remember seeing these things all the time at dodgy market stalls as a kid, I don’t think I ever saw them in a store, and they were always rectangular where this one is round. Anyway I was feeling nostalgic and ordered it.
12 inch falling sand art thingy

I had no idea about this being ‘the perfect communication tool with children’ and it was a dumb buy but if it doesn’t completely fix my feelings about my childhood maybe I can gift it to the nieces and nephews.

I saw this exact same thing suggested to me yesterday. I was disappointed when I saw it didn't automatically rotate it self, but then I almost bought it anyways. Maybe I could make a new base for it that had motors to turn it upside down a couple times a day.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

DRINK ME posted:

I saw these in store back in the day but they were much bigger.

Is there a fancier version with buildin back light?

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Update on rifle slingshot: second package arrived. So, free disassembled instructionless eye-putter-outer!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

had to do 3 disputes today but I won all of them immediately so no biggie

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Tad Naff posted:

Update on rifle slingshot: second package arrived. So, free disassembled instructionless eye-putter-outer!

Post a vid of you shooting something when it's done por favor

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

Post a vid of you shooting something when it's done por favor

Try to make it someone else's eye if possible

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Quite possibly my favourite unlicensed Lego building block toy set to date. A bit rich for my blood, though.

finally, the type of sphincter I’m after

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

stephenthinkpad posted:

I saw these in store back in the day but they were much bigger.

Is there a fancier version with buildin back light?

I’m not sure about bigger but there are models with lamps / lights built in which are more expensive again and I already feel like I’m overpaying.

Quicksand Art LED Night Light Bedside Table Lamp Hourglass

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

My electric solder sucker arrived.

My observations:

1. It works better than trying to use a regular sucker/soldering iron combo but Still not great.
2. It takes a few seconds to flow the solder because the actual contact area of the metal tip is small so it loses heat very fast so there's a rebound for the temp to reach solder melting point once you place it on the solder.
3. When you depress the plunger, a blob of molten solder often will rocket out further than you would think and onto your leg.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Unperson_47 posted:

3. When you depress the plunger, a blob of molten solder often will rocket out further than you would think and onto your leg.

never before have I felt so understood by a soldering iron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Behold! So far have only injured my hand assembling it. Eye removal will have to wait.

Only registered members can see post attachments!