Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Where you going next Kawalimus? Have you ever been to Maine?

Yes I've been there. I think my next place would be southeast arizona+sw new mex. Either that or Belize. Who knows if/when that will happen. But I definitely hope for more trips.

Today I got Pauraque and Botteri's Sparrow for life birds #51 and 52 to close out the trip. 52 in honor of RAY LEWIS!!!

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
You should pish a group of crows for #52

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Doltos posted:

You should pish a group of crows for #52

Here's the thing: there aren't any crows down here! Only Chihuahuan Ravens. Sometimes Tamaulipas Crows show up. But none were around during my trip.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/Lj_era8/status/1519872308537659398

lol bye

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm sure Kyle Hamilton can play QB.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm sure Kyle Hamilton can play QB.

Can he throw? oh wait it doesnt matter anyway

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

How many defensive backs do we seriously need? If QBs have 5 seconds to throw its not going to matter who is back in coverage.

I like the center pickup.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Hamilton will be the best player in your secondary by December.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Im not saying he isnt a good player. Just that it wont matter if we cant get to the QB.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Blee, blee blee blee, bleeeeee.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Im not saying he isnt a good player. Just that it wont matter if we cant get to the QB.

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

i mean cawing

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Oh lord, Pickett is coming

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Trading Brown was the right move but we have no one to replace him. Like I've been saying I want a TE to complement Andrews to run an offense like the Patriots did with Gronkowski and Hernandez.

Right now we're in "Let's hope Rashod Bateman turns into a Randy Moss" with our receiving options. Brown had his issues but Lamar had good chemistry with him at times. Remains to be seen with Bateman.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said this in the draft thread last night but the trade was done months ago, EDC said it at the press conference that Hollywood came to him after the seasons end and asked for a trade. They ran it by Lamar.

Apparently the WTF is because Brown was in Arizona last night at their watch party and didn't tell Lamar anything which is lmao, just weird timing.

The Ravens also have like every pick in the 4th round so I'm expecting them to trade up today to grab a WR and an Edge.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Pickett pick

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eifert Posting posted:

CB Marlon Humphrey
CB Marcus Peters
S Marcus Williams
S Kyle Hamilton

God that secondary is majestic.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Asema posted:

CB Marlon Humphrey
CB Marcus Peters
S Marcus Williams
S Kyle Hamilton

Until their idiotic conditioning and constant cba violations get them all hurt, sure.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eifert Posting posted:

Until their idiotic conditioning and constant cba violations get them all hurt, sure.

i know recency bias is the name of the game here but the Ravens have generally been pretty healthy but also they got a new conditioning coach I'm pretty sure but it was the Titans old one so maybe yikes who knows

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's just my one nitpick with harbaugh. Bengies had the training staff super involved with scheduling/limiting practice and, shocker, they were much healthier than normal.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Congratulations to the AFCN on not making a single good pick

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did anyone else have a mini-embolism when they saw the "Pickett can't play in Pittsburgh winters" take?

Of all the reasons to knock the pick...

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Asema posted:

CB Marlon Humphrey
CB Marcus Peters
S Marcus Williams
S Kyle Hamilton

I want to see Joe Burrow throw for 500 yards against those players instead of ice cream truck drivers

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Just kidding, please don't

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

I want to see Joe Burrow throw for 500 yards against those players instead of ice cream truck drivers

Again, if QBs have several seconds to throw on every play, he might not get 500 but 350-400 is certainly possible.

If we had just one pass rusher up front who was an issue to block it would make a huge difference. Maybe Oweh can be that guy. Hopefully.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oweh looked good to me.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Oweh looked good to me.

Me too! I thought he was a bust when we drafted him but he really is a physical freak. He disappeared much of the time though. So we'll have to see if a new DC can help his development. Martindale apparently liked shifting people around way more than they liked for the sake of a complicated and harder to predict setup but I think ultimately it hurt more than it helped in terms of getting to the QB. So fingers crossed Oweh can be that guy

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Oweh didn't disappear so much as he got double and triple teamed. It's just that the other guys didn't make much of being one on one.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Oweh didn't disappear so much as he got double and triple teamed. It's just that the other guys didn't make much of being one on one.

That sounds like a pretty serious problem then that I wish the team would address instead of just stacking the secondary up.

Look at the Superbowl. The Bengals did nothing in the second half. Why? Because the Rams started dominating up front. When the Bengals hit that big pass it looked like they were about to take control of the game. But after that the Bengals did nothing. If they had managed even one more touchdown, it was curtains for the Rams in all likelihood.

Now you look at our games against the Bengals. No pressure whatsoever against the same line.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's so much talent in this draft that you can start freaking out and throwing your arms up in the air if the Ravens don't walk away with an edge after round three.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Eifert Posting posted:

Did anyone else have a mini-embolism when they saw the "Pickett can't play in Pittsburgh winters" take?

Of all the reasons to knock the pick...

What's this now?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Asema posted:

There's so much talent in this draft that you can start freaking out and throwing your arms up in the air if the Ravens don't walk away with an edge after round three.

Honestly even a good interior lineman like Travis Jones that can theoretically take doubles and push the middle could solve this problem. Though weirdly the Ravens other pass rushers got tons of pressure, they just turned very very few of them into sacks. Might be a statistical outlier.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Honestly even a good interior lineman like Travis Jones that can theoretically take doubles and push the middle could solve this problem. Though weirdly the Ravens other pass rushers got tons of pressure, they just turned very very few of them into sacks. Might be a statistical outlier.

I'm gonna be real honest with you but I think the Ravens have the talent. I just think Wink's system was absolutely garbage at it. Like it's an uncomfortable laugh when you look at like Dean Pees and the people leaving and not doing anything and then you look at the Wink rusher's like Smith and Judon leaving and immediately having career years and being a force and you start to go "hmmmm"

The new DC seems aggressive so if they take a second / third I'll be more than okay with seeing if it was a scheme issue instead of a personnel issue.

Edit;

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1520056688606429184?t=DIbwqbmxhQIuXw3pa0LfNg&s=19

Still drumming the fact that Greg Roman needs to loving leave.

Asema fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 29, 2022

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Sash! posted:

What's this now?

Because he played college ball in Pitt

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Daelin Hayes will be the man that finally unlocks the Ravens pass rush

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I want the Ravens to draft a quarterback somewhere just for the chaos.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sharknado slashfic posted:

I want the Ravens to draft a quarterback somewhere just for the chaos.

why so steve from dundalk can call into 105 and say they should start ?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Asema posted:

For some reason I don't think that'd be a problem if the QB was Willis.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Asema posted:

Some men just want to watch the world burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011