Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Never count out an opposing team to do the dumbest poo poo imaginable when playing against Touchdown Tom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the first thursday night amazon game

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1519850569564708864

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Neat.

Get one of those two out of the way early. Guessing from the way it's formatted, it's at KC?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a neat cape posted:

Neat.

Get one of those two out of the way early. Guessing from the way it's formatted, it's at KC?

It's indeed at Arrowhead

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1519890564573020160?t=l0keg5P2FXOeKL_kySsQpQ&s=19

And 6 WRs taken in the first 18 picks and who knows what could happen with Metcalf and Deebo.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I am more open to that Deebo to the Ravens chat now.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wandler20 posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1519890564573020160?t=l0keg5P2FXOeKL_kySsQpQ&s=19

And 6 WRs taken in the first 18 picks and who knows what could happen with Metcalf and Deebo.

:siren: byron pringle is a chicago bear

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

the devaluing of RBs coming to WRs too

In a few years it'll be weird to give a WR a second contract

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

players should just be randomly assigned to teams in the form of trading card packs opened by the head coaches followed by wheeling and dealing shot by a korean game show tv crew

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Fate Accomplice posted:

the devaluing of RBs coming to WRs too

In a few years it'll be weird to give a WR a second contract

What if I told you WRs average shelf life is almost the same as RB and always has been

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the devaluing of chemistry has begun. it will be feasted upon

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

wandler20 posted:

Metcalf wasn't traded today so I don't think he is going anywhere. If Seattle isn't willing to pay him or he wanted out, he would have gotten the AJ Brown treatment.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Doltos posted:

What if I told you WRs average shelf life is almost the same as RB and always has been

Larry Fitzgerald would like to have a word with you but instead he'll leave his response ambiguous

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

metcalf can easily still be traded. he's no a.j. "hollywood" brown who was traded for by two different teams. that's something you're allowed to do if you make the two trades at exactly the same time. huge exploit

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Doltos posted:

My initial thought would be that the value of a WR in a modern offense must be higher than that of an RB but I could be wrong

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I think the value of both are high. It's that their relative value is low because there are so many talented WRs and RBs out there for the taking. Hollywood Brown was a good and important player for the Ravens. He's also maybe the 35th best WR in the league. It's a good bet that they'll be able to replace his value.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Cowboys trade of Amari Cooper started out bad, but now its worse

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Shinjobi posted:

The Cowboys trade of Amari Cooper started out bad, but now its worse

Bad for Cooper too. Everyone else got new money. He just got this year guaranteed in a cap space move.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Swapping for Burks over an insistence on not paying market value seems like a poor choice by Tennessee

https://twitter.com/TDavenport_NFL/status/1520045048464826371

e: Also, Hollywood wanted out of the Ravens offensive system.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1520056688606429184

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 29, 2022

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Sucks but glad AJ got paid.

I guess it's cap woes since we also gotta pay Big Jeff down the line.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1520033577227927553

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I think the way the game is played now and how much talent is coming out of college, paying 1 wr a ton of money is just tough. Assuming you are already paying a franchise qb its very tough to pay a wr 22+ mil and field a good oline and a decent defense. I think the teams that got out of paying these deals are smart and will pivot to trying to find 3-4 above average weapons that don't cost as much.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

One day these old dudes will die

God willing it will be before me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Papes posted:

I think the way the game is played now and how much talent is coming out of college, paying 1 wr a ton of money is just tough. Assuming you are already paying a franchise qb its very tough to pay a wr 22+ mil and field a good oline and a decent defense. I think the teams that got out of paying these deals are smart and will pivot to trying to find 3-4 above average weapons that don't cost as much.

I think the value of a true superstar WR is probably more in line with what they're starting to get now rather than before. And hell, just get paid in general if you can. But yeah the salary explosion here is pretty crazy.

Also I somehow spaced out completely on Allen Robinson to the Rams and I am very happy that he gets to play with a real offensive coach and the best QB he's ever played with. He might be slowing down now, but I'm glad he gets the chance.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Grittybeard posted:

I think the value of a true superstar WR is probably more in line with what they're starting to get now rather than before. And hell, just get paid in general if you can. But yeah the salary explosion here is pretty crazy.

Also I somehow spaced out completely on Allen Robinson to the Rams and I am very happy that he gets to play with a real offensive coach and the best QB he's ever played with. He might be slowing down now, but I'm glad he gets the chance.

yeah a superstar WR definitely can make the whole offense go and everyone around them better by drawing attention and creating opportunities for teammates even when they themselves are not taking over. I do think they are game changers and totally worth 25 mil. PAY DK

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The Jaguars clearly overpaid Christian Kirk in a genius move to reset the market and force the Titans to lose AJ, Trent Baalke has done it again!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Isn't this the second or third time we've gotten looks at the Cowboys Big Board

Rules

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Shinjobi posted:

One day these old dudes will die

God willing it will be before me.

Henry Kissinger is still alive. Just FYI

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Papes posted:

Honestly I think we are just in a period where a lot of teams realized their receiving options were all like 2b, 3a guys and they are all scrambling to find a 1b guy so they can make their offenses work. It's going to be like the QB market where a bunch of these guys getting paid like the best in the league curve out to be like bottom 20 in the league and the market corrects itself in a few years probably.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

New regime and all but ouch.
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1520083901481320449

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The downside of multiple 1st round picks is that even if you really like all of them, 3 5th year options is very expensive.

Thankfully the Raiders don't have to worry about that.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Some guy on Reddit apparently had a dream about the Ravens exact draft scenario and posted it like a month ago. Good job Reddit guy.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Both Jets and Lions had significant offers on the table for Deebo and the Niners wouldn't engage. It'll be interesting to see how they mend the fences here because if they wanted assets, they had an opportunity.

e: I guess there's a remote chance of a 2022 2nd + 2023 1st from someone but that seems unlikely.
https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1520081031574999041

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The downside of multiple 1st round picks is that even if you really like all of them, 3 5th year options is very expensive.

Still better than it used to be

The Lions famously got cap-crippled by having multiple top picks and hitting on them before the rookie scale came in

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Sucks but glad AJ got paid.

I guess it's cap woes since we also gotta pay Big Jeff down the line.

ATN brought up an interesting point: the Titans might struggle more with the cap than other teams because the Adams family is (relative to the other owners) cash poor. Despite the salary cap, some teams are at a disadvantage in offering guarantees.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

fsif posted:

ATN brought up an interesting point: the Titans might struggle more with the cap than other teams because the Adams family is (relative to the other owners) cash poor. Despite the salary cap, some teams are at a disadvantage in offering guarantees.

hey good thing they're about to build a new stadium!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Swapping for Burks over an insistence on not paying market value seems like a poor choice by Tennessee

https://twitter.com/TDavenport_NFL/status/1520045048464826371

e: Also, Hollywood wanted out of the Ravens offensive system.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1520056688606429184

Sorry Hollywood, I'm pretty sure I watched a game last season where you dropped four touchdowns in a row.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Not really a surprise

https://twitter.com/panthers/status/1520107924223315974?s=21&t=hMANMwhL_fDBRn1Mm7IByw

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I was about to counter and say that the 5th year is locked in and that 13 mil or whatever for a year of a WR 5 years from now will look like a steal but I think the 5th year option is probably based on whatever the market average is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Sorry Hollywood, I'm pretty sure I watched a game last season where you dropped four touchdowns in a row.

lol that game against the lions would've been put away early if he caught like one of them. he did bounce back with a sick TD against hte broncos the week after