Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens are galaxy brain, in the past few drafts they've picked a quarterback who can't throw, a center with no arms, and a pass rusher with no sacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I want them to take Ridder, but convert him to TE

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mystic Stylez posted:

Because he played college ball in Pitt

More in the sense "what person thought 'can this guy who has been playing at Heinz Field for five years play at Heinz Field?'"

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Asema posted:

I'm gonna be real honest with you but I think the Ravens have the talent. I just think Wink's system was absolutely garbage at it. Like it's an uncomfortable laugh when you look at like Dean Pees and the people leaving and not doing anything and then you look at the Wink rusher's like Smith and Judon leaving and immediately having career years and being a force and you start to go "hmmmm"

The new DC seems aggressive so if they take a second / third I'll be more than okay with seeing if it was a scheme issue instead of a personnel issue.

Edit;

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1520056688606429184?t=DIbwqbmxhQIuXw3pa0LfNg&s=19

Still drumming the fact that Greg Roman needs to loving leave.

I liked Wink's system of organized chaos, I think ultimately the issue with it is that it would swarm and destroy rookies/low|mid tier qbs and then anyone competent could kinda play around it. You can only disguise so many blitzes before people will get a feel for it.

Sometimes its fine to just play standard and let your good players do what they're good at.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Borsche69 posted:

I liked Wink's system of organized chaos, I think ultimately the issue with it is that it would swarm and destroy rookies/low|mid tier qbs and then anyone competent could kinda play around it. You can only disguise so many blitzes before people will get a feel for it.

Sometimes its fine to just play standard and let your good players do what they're good at.

"I liked it except that it was useless against anyone actually good". Not trying to be a smartass I just thought it read funny :).

But your stuff has to be tailored to handle the top guys in the league. He was kind of the defensive version of Chip Kelly. Or some of those other college offensive geniuses

I do think his schemes to stop Derrick Henry were genuinely awesome though and will be hard to replace.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I mean statistically speaking it was a great system from like 2018-2020, if you grade it entirely on points allowed. But you could just get some of these insane games where the system fell apart.

Its also tough to grade 2021 much given the injuries. That said I'm looking forward to seeing what MacDonald does and I do think it was probably about the right time to part ways.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Apparently the Ravens have displayed interest in Tyquan Thornton out of Baylor. EDC picking up another sickly looking rail thin kid out of Miami saying, "Here Lamar, this is your new best friend."

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I am very excited for the start of round 4 just to see the Ravens turn in a draft card with 32 names on it.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Ravens are galaxy brain, in the past few drafts they've picked a quarterback who can't throw, a center with no arms, and a pass rusher with no sacks

Sack Daddy has scared EDC for life

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

What's this now?

I forget who it was because it was so stupid and I clicked away from it right away, but some loving numbskull on Twitter with a check mark said he was concerned that Pickett wouldn't be able to play at Heinz Field in the winter.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eifert Posting posted:

I forget who it was because it was so stupid and I clicked away from it right away, but some loving numbskull on Twitter with a check mark said he was concerned that Pickett wouldn't be able to play at Heinz Field in the winter.

i know tone in text is hard but are we like 100% sure it wasn't sarcastic joking

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RossTuckerNFL/status/1499433972862013444

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's a pinned tweet and he's laughing at over reactions in the replies.

Joke tweet hit, good for him.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

:cmon:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
man i know the media fellates every raven draft but these year they really using the tongue

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

man i know the media fellates every raven draft but these year they really using the tongue

It's way over the top and undeserved, especially during DeCosta's tenure. But I do like the Ojabo pick. Looking into Hamilton he does seem like a great prospect. And anyone on the lines is fine with me.

We need more receiving talent though. We're getting into the same jam we usually do assuming Bateman doesn't have some ultra breakthrough. Maybe we are planning on trying to go back to that meat grinder run game. Problem is as soon as we get an injury there which is likely at that position, we are in trouble. Just like in 2020 when Ingram got hurt against the Browns late in the season and it jammed up our rhythm.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Apr 30, 2022

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Even knowing it was a joke tweet, I was curious about the historical difference between mid-November and late December in Pittsburgh and they're less different than I thought. Huh.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

It's way over the top and undeserved, especially during DeCosta's tenure. But I do like the Ojabo pick. Looking into Hamilton he does seem like a great prospect. And anyone on the lines is fine with me.

We need more receiving talent though. We're getting into the same jam we usually do assuming Bateman doesn't have some ultra breakthrough. Maybe we are planning on trying to go back to that meat grinder run game. Problem is as soon as we get an injury there which is likely at that position, we are in trouble. Just like in 2020 when Ingram got hurt against the Browns late in the season and it jammed up our rhythm.

its probably too rich for our blood right now but i would loving love signing landry post-draft lol

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Fifty Three posted:

Even knowing it was a joke tweet, I was curious about the historical difference between mid-November and late December in Pittsburgh and they're less different than I thought. Huh.

It is really common for it to be a 10 degree difference between Veteran's Day and Christmas highs. January for the playoffs is a total crapshoot. Could be 10, could be 50.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate living in PIttsburgh because last week it hit 80 and then the day after it was 30

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

its probably too rich for our blood right now but i would loving love signing landry post-draft lol

I can't believe he hasn't been signed. I always liked him. Would definitely want him here.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Borsche69 posted:

I think he could be had pretty cheap on a 2-3 year deal.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Bengals fans are going to hate this draft class.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

three hybrid dbs, IOL and a small huge boy is just about perfect. i trust "old Lou dog" - that's the name i'm using for the defensive coordinator of the Cincinnati Bengals, because that's what i used to call my sister's wonderful dog before he passed on. his name was Lou, so I called him that name old Lou dog.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
do hybrid DBs get better fuel economy

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Under my rules hybrids count as both species.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

RIP sam cock you were a good punter but not for $3m or whatever

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Ravens picked up an UDFA LB from Navy and nothing against the kid but I hope he doesn't stick.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the new clark harris

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Diego Fagot

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Sash! posted:

It is really common for it to be a 10 degree difference between Veteran's Day and Christmas highs. January for the playoffs is a total crapshoot. Could be 10, could be 50.
That's kinda my point- I live here and I had no idea lol

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Sash! posted:

Accurate.