Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

AnimeIsTrash posted:

excited for you to produce some of the least funny most retarded stuff yet

don't let me down, champ

I'll do my best. keep filtering the twittersphere for me so I don't have to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Fly Molo posted:

^^tbh he can be pretty abrasive, but i feel compelled to give them poo poo for permabanning any poster over a fish bone joke. especially if it’s on the basis of “we thought his dangerous memes would infect people.”

larry is funny and entertaining and (generally) gets mad at the right people. effectively permabanning him from cspam over ‘felicitous memes’ or ‘bad vibes’ or whatever is loving stupid. especially when it’s to protect the feelings of a dipshit former d&d mod who works for the CIA and literally helped get a bunch of black people lynched during the dismantling of libya.

hell, ill say it: it’s racist against latinos. :colbert:

I think the most frustrating thing about it is that he was selectively punished in excess by a couple of mods who didn’t like him, like straight up eating a ban+30 for posts that if I had made them wouldn’t have even gotten 6’d, simply because of the ongoing mod beef. Then this was used as justification for perma stuff on the grounds of “guy simply cannot follow the rules—look at his rap sheet!” It was especially dumb when said mods would add stuff like “misogyny” in the ban reason bc he made fun of a witchcraft thread in a politics forum. I’m not even friends with the guy or anything it just seems like a lovely way to run a community.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

500 good dogs posted:

we need a gulag sub-forum for rehabilitating the banned posters

please. this ^^^ I still feel like CSPAM lacks a special subforum gimmick

what could go wrong? :shobon:

would you volunteer as gulaguard 500gdogs, to make sure all the posts are up to par?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheSlutPit posted:

I think the most frustrating thing about it is that he was selectively punished in excess by a couple of mods who didn’t like him, like straight up eating a ban+30 for posts that if I had made them wouldn’t have even gotten 6’d, simply because of the ongoing mod beef. Then this was used as justification for perma stuff on the grounds of “guy simply cannot follow the rules—look at his rap sheet!” It was especially dumb when said mods would add stuff like “misogyny” in the ban reason bc he made fun of a witchcraft thread in a politics forum. I’m not even friends with the guy or anything it just seems like a lovely way to run a community.

technically it’s a great way to run a community

into the ground, for idiots

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Lux Animus posted:

please. this ^^^ I still feel like CSPAM lacks a special subforum gimmick

what could go wrong? :shobon:

would you volunteer as gulaguard 500gdogs, to make sure all the posts are up to par?

+1

Certain posters should only be allowed to post in the gulag, not anywhere else in CSPAM.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
I'm going to say the word and absolutely no one can stop me

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheSlutPit posted:

being mean and aggressive to everyone for little to no reason is an awful way to act in a community

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Cpt_Obvious posted:

+1

Certain posters should only be allowed to post in the gulag, not anywhere else in CSPAM.

it can also double as a place for threads that become too hot, a little reeducation center of our own

a place between probe and ban, a shadow dimension of (even more) terrible posts

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

empty whippet box posted:

being mean and aggressive to everyone for little to no reason is an awful way to act in a community

its silverback mindset. you'll never understand. you're a shrimpy little bonobo living in a gorilla world

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Fly Molo posted:

also thank you for linking that post in particular

larry’s right free larry

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Calibanibal posted:

its silverback mindset. you'll never understand. you're a shrimpy little bonobo living in a gorilla world

LEAVE Whippey ALONE :ssj:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Calibanibal posted:

oh yea? then how come the last several posters I've had a problem with have all been permabanned or b+30'd? that's right, because I don't miss bay bee 8)

Lux Animus posted:

LEAVE Whippey ALONE :ssj:

:hai:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

true, for example larry being a jerk to snoo pissed me off. it just still seems like horseshit (effective) permaban imo, much like all the other cspam political prisoners banned for little reason other than “mods didn’t like them”

like benghazi 2 was an angry and abrasive poster leading up to their perma, and im glad they’re doing better now, but A. they were also funny a lot of the time, and B. that wasn’t the reason they caught a perma.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
.sorry... I was waiting on my food. Calibanibal is still cool, guys.

sometimes I forget what it must like when you've been cursed to always have to tell it like it is.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^its absolutely terrible do not recommend. :fishmech:

oh yea? then how come the last several posters I've had a problem with have all been permabanned or b+30'd? that's right, because I don't miss bay bee 8)

:hai:

lol

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fly Molo posted:

true, for example larry being a jerk to snoo pissed me off. it just still seems like horseshit (effective) permaban imo, much like all the other cspam political prisoners banned for little reason other than “mods didn’t like them”

like benghazi 2 was an angry and abrasive poster leading up to their perma, and im glad they’re doing better now, but A. they were also funny a lot of the time, and B. that wasn’t the reason they caught a perma.

Snoo was a tedious whiner with a weird fledgling cult of personality and honestly being a jerk was the correct response in that instance

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

a glorious, powerful silverback fought to the death over glory and bananas while you cowered in a bush. You survived, I guess, but can you really call that living?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

some plague rats posted:

Snoo was a tedious whiner with a weird fledgling cult of personality and honestly being a jerk was the correct response in that instance

gently caress you, snoo was an excellent member of this community and the mods failure to respond to someone harassing her by repeatedly making fun of her father having cancer was unacceptable. what kind of piece of poo poo would cheer that on? seriously gently caress you.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Truth is I like a lot of the users here and from the posts in this thread I gather a lot of the users liked quite a few of the posters that the mods *don't* necessarily want coming back and that's inherently sad and so I wish we could gulagworkshop them back into our good posting graces somehow.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if you come in here claiming larry parrish was a good member of this community and saying that snoo deserved to be harassed until she left forever, like, what are you going for? what do you want this community to be? that's unbelievably lovely of you and I genuinely think less of you as a poster and a person for saying it. god drat.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Snoo's art is and was rad who cares about the rest, people shouldn't feel threatened for posting on a website for crying out loud, and it's a shame that a creative person like Snoo would feel it best to migrate off the SA boards.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

some plague rats posted:

imagine hating women this much

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

Calibanibal posted:

a glorious, powerful silverback fought to the death over glory and bananas while you cowered in a bush. You survived, I guess, but can you really call that living?

LOL

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Calibanibal posted:

excuse me, I get in forums slapfights with my posting enemies all the time :colbert:

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Not only am I going to say the word, I will record myself alec vlog style saying the word while doing blackface

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Say it with R-face.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

imagine hating women this much

It's taken years of practice

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

some plague rats posted:

and now neither of them post here. big success

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

if you come in here claiming larry parrish was a good member of this community and saying that snoo deserved to be harassed until she left forever, like, what are you going for? what do you want this community to be? that's unbelievably lovely of you and I genuinely think less of you as a poster and a person for saying it. god drat.

If you genuinely believe anything Larry did actually constitutes harassment then I'm going to say it: you absolutely need to toughen up a bit

This, incidentally, is exactly the kind of absurd whining that makes me glad Snoo is gone and not heading up this coterie of high-handed crybullies blubbering away like their respect or lack of it should mean anything to anyone

RealityWarCriminal posted:

and now neither of them post here. big success

cspam is no place for centrism I'm afraid

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lux Animus posted:

sorry my brain is too poisoned to do such a job

not because of politics brain, but because I used to be a gbs poster

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
btw in all seriousness the cspam mods seem pretty good nowadays. SA as a whole would be much better if the admins were more like the cspam mods

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

some plague rats posted:

If you genuinely believe anything Larry did actually constitutes harassment then I'm going to say it: you absolutely need to toughen up a bit

This, incidentally, is exactly the kind of absurd whining that makes me glad Snoo is gone and not heading up this coterie of high-handed crybullies blubbering away like their respect or lack of it should mean anything to anyone

this is the kind of thing that drives normal people off the forums so you're left with the aggro assholes and the otherwise brokebrained ones who are willing to put up with them

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

some plague rats posted:

cspam is no place for centrism I'm afraid

this has no relation to anything that happened with snoo. I remember very clearly what got snoo to leave. she was being repeatedly harassed by someone in the covid thread attacking her dad for having cancer. and snoo was never a 'centrist' and neither was anyone else posting in this thread, you're just cheerleading a genuinely good person and poster being chased away from this place because you're a loving piece of poo poo. people like you make SA a worse place to be and I really hope you gently caress off

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I don't think you understood plague rats centrism joke

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
whatever, don't care. some plague rats is exactly the kind of pointlessly aggro, mean-spirited poster that makes good people leave this place.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

this has no relation to anything that happened with snoo. I remember very clearly what got snoo to leave. she was being repeatedly harassed by someone in the covid thread attacking her dad for having cancer. and snoo was never a 'centrist' and neither was anyone else posting in this thread, you're just cheerleading a genuinely good person and poster being chased away from this place because you're a loving piece of poo poo. people like you make SA a worse place to be and I really hope you gently caress off

This is the second time you've misread a post of mine and gone off the deep end. Remember the basic wife saga, that was hilarious but you should stop doing this to yourself

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

some plague rats posted:

This is the second time you've misread a post of mine and gone off the deep end. Remember the basic wife saga, that was hilarious but you should stop doing this to yourself

my misreading your random comment about centrism has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you're randomly attacking a poster who left here a long time ago, for no reason, who was a good and well loved member of this community, who was driven off by genuinely toxic people, and you're cheerleading that. what's some drama with me got to do with that? trying to bring that up to deflect away from how disgusting and nasty what you were just saying in your posts in this thread is just sad. absolutely pathetic attempt at whataboutism

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

500 good dogs posted:

btw in all seriousness the cspam mods seem pretty good nowadays. SA as a whole would be much better if the admins were more like the cspam mods

looking at any part of the forums other than cspam regarding russia or china or human rights I'm p' sure that nothing is capable of making sa as a whole better. maybe closing gbs and making byob the main forum

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

this has no relation to anything that happened with snoo. I remember very clearly what got snoo to leave. she was being repeatedly harassed by someone in the covid thread attacking her dad for having cancer.

This seems genuinely hosed up but iirc the poster in question was a) not larry and b) eventually permabanned so it seems like kind of a moot point. I know we probably disagree on this but I think part of posting on a politics shitposting forum is that ppl are going to quote you sometimes and check you when you post dumb poo poo. For example if you post a twee thread about how witchcraft is actually leftist there is going to be a Marxist poster blasting you on how that’s garbage. There is a league of difference between harassment/abuse and quoting people uncharitably, and it’s sort of gross to equate the two imo, covid thread poo poo notwithstanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheSlutPit posted:

This seems genuinely hosed up but iirc the poster in question was a) not larry and b) eventually permabanned so it seems like kind of a moot point. I know we probably disagree on this but I think part of posting on a politics shitposting forum is that ppl are going to quote you sometimes and check you when you post dumb poo poo. For example if you post a twee thread about how witchcraft is actually leftist there is going to be a Marxist poster blasting you on how that’s garbage. There is a league of difference between harassment/abuse and quoting people uncharitably, and it’s sort of gross to equate the two imo, covid thread poo poo notwithstanding.

I never said it was larry. I understand why you might have gotten the impression that I was but I was not saying that.