Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Martin Done-dle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

ilmucche posted:

Let this thread be race director. Collectively

Yeah that’s what f1 needs.

Rulings based on the drivers’ opinions on cast iron.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

ilmucche posted:

I‘m for releasing the water onto the track in Lap 43. Who‘s with me? Someone should also train Bernd Mayländer to drive a safety boat.

Just imaging the purpoising in the water.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

What f1 needs is a race this weekend

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

boop the snoot posted:

He retires at least once a race weekend.

:drat:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

He retires at least once a race weekend.

lol and also :smith:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

tuo posted:

Just imaging the purpoising in the water.

Lewis would be magnificent.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

This always makes me think of those Mobil1's Road Trip commercials that Nando and Yenson did and how hilarious they were because they were such terrible ads. Sadly it looks like the videos are taken down, but this outtake one still exists. https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=10153981079826413

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Wait is Martin brundle done

Officially nothing's been said but he's been coming to fewer and fewer races. I think he's done 2 of 4 this year so far.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Last time he turned up it seemed to me he had something up with his throat as well. He didn't sound at all right.

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

ethanol posted:

There's a Spanish Grand Prix going on this weekend, it's going to have more overtaking than F1 when it goes to Spain.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

ilmucche posted:

putting the race director spot on the blockchain

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
"and my electricity prices have hardly gone up at all"

Horrible old poo poo

https://twitter.com/MBrundleF1/status/1519069953797808130

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Good for you Brundle you dickhead I've been waiting ages to get a new provisional classification on my licence from the DVLA god I hate him.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Let Rebus be race director

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Good for you Brundle you dickhead I've been waiting ages to get a new provisional classification on my licence from the DVLA god I hate him.

My son can't go to disneyland paris with his friends because they have made facetime a requirement for getting a first passport and he can't loving speak.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

learnincurve posted:

My son can't go to disneyland paris with his friends because they have made facetime a requirement for getting a first passport and he can't loving speak.

why are you trying to get a passport for your dog

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

FAUXTON posted:

why are you trying to get a passport for your dog

? My large adult son uses sign language, so we may have to go to Liverpool for a face to face and I don't wanna.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

learnincurve posted:

? My large adult son uses sign language, so we may have to go to Liverpool for a face to face and I don't wanna.

seems like there should be a law against that?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ArmZ posted:

seems like there should be a law against that?

I was a front line care worker during 2020, and it's very very hard to describe how sick I am of being told "because of covid" like yeh ok, I've had covid 4 times how's your living room?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

learnincurve posted:

Oh sorry I thought you only had a dog, that's lovely they ask people to do a zoom and have no accommodations like "let them use sign language for fucks sake it's a drat video call"

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/four-f1-teams-to-stay-in-imola-for-pirelli-testing/10044522/

This page says 4 of the teams stayed behind to test at Imola this past Tuesday & Wednesday? Did this actually happen? I can't seem to find any information about it

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Just remembered that F1 was held hostage to race in Saudi Arabia and loled

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Did they find replacement directors because it's critical to have someone who knows the theory about how to race and oh no Florida has just banned F1.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I heard Jos verstappen is available to race direct

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

slave to my cravings posted:

I heard Jos verstappen is available to race direct

idk if anyone needs to hear that man's thoughts on race

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

rpop posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/four-f1-teams-to-stay-in-imola-for-pirelli-testing/10044522/

This page says 4 of the teams stayed behind to test at Imola this past Tuesday & Wednesday? Did this actually happen? I can't seem to find any information about it

Pirelli tests aren’t always promoted or reported on, so it’s likely that did happen.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Lmao her account is suspended and she's probably fired.

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/1520127705710215175?t=vKvThiPQEOWWIiP9n6jmWw&s=19

Get in there Katie (the unemployment line)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Petition to refer to all British subjects as Cumpers now

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Rosberg the greatest and prettiest WDC.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Russian Bear posted:

Rosberg the greatest and prettiest WDC.

Agreed

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

MustardFacial posted:

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/1520127705710215175?t=vKvThiPQEOWWIiP9n6jmWw&s=19

Didn't someone in the thread have a daughter going to work for mclaren? LC maybe?

What a dumb way to lose a job

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Thanks Ants posted:

Let Rebus be race director

That's v kind of you but I'm not v qualified for that.

I'd like to recommend "fan director" which crowdsources all decisions based from a slider in the F1 app that goes between "I like what I'm seeing", "that chap looks in peril, bring out the safety car", and "let's spice this poo poo up I'm bored". Some other quick time events could be added to keep everyone engaged.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Rebus posted:

Some other quick time events could be added to keep everyone engaged.

Bernie, is that you?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

This is just as good as the dumbass media person being dumb.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Rebus posted:

That's v kind of you but I'm not v qualified for that.

Neither are any of the other candidates.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ilmucche posted:

Didn't someone in the thread have a daughter going to work for mclaren? LC maybe?

What a dumb way to lose a job

University run high school, the uni are in partnership with McLaren Automotive who will be recruiting 12 kids a year from that school from this year - it's composites and materials so not mini's thing

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Custard Undies posted:

This is just as good as the dumbass media person being dumb.

came here to post this lmao

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

ethanol posted:

Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to have a race on Mother's Day instead of this non-special weekend!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MustardFacial posted:

First the marshal at the SAGP and now this. Fans of Poois Shamilton seem to be very fond of Nazi-like doxxing and snitching behavior to get low level employees fired. Wonder if Lewis is directing this himself.