Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I want Turok Rage Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Morter posted:

I want Turok Rage Wars.

didnt they lose the rom ir somethung

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

the n64 was good actually. ten year old me CANNOT be wrong.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I'd love a modern Snowboard Kids reboot/remake. Those games were fun.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I think whether or not you like the N64 depends on where you were in life at the time. Millennials like the N64, Gen Xers like the PlayStation 1.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

robot roll call posted:

it didn't feel like the powers were quite as interesting as they are in the better 2D games (Superstar, Triple Deluxe, etc).

I'm the one weirdo who actually doesn't care much for the super long movesets for powers in games like Triple Deluxe/Star Allies (Superstar was okay) because I have brain problems and can't be bothered to remember movelists so I just use like the basic attack and maybe sometimes the dash attack. So I'm totally fine with Forgotten Land's super simple powers. That said, I do wish the long movesets were in the game, because I realize normal brained people like them and I can still be simple since the game never really requires you to use anything other than the basic attacks.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Automata 10 Pack posted:

I think whether or not you like the N64 depends on where you were in life at the time. Millennials like the N64, Gen Xers like the PlayStation 1.

Im millennial and dont really care about the n64. Checkmate

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Spellman posted:

DK64 but rebranded as post-apoc open world

Audience score: 94%

ElDKn ring

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

The novelty of 3D at the time meant we were blown away by just about anything, but the state of the art has move on so far that almost all of the beloved childhood staples are kinda bad and look like poo poo. SNES has aged much better since they nailed 2D gaming at that time, and GameCube games have aged much better since they had the mistakes and successes of th previous generation to reference (plus additional power).

It's like early films. It was incredible at the time, and a few true classics have stood the test of time, but the majority of the era is tough to watch since they were still inventing how to use the medium.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I hated early 3D. A large part of why I stopped gaming for a large period of time was because of how ugly the N64 and PS1 were.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Automata 10 Pack posted:

where fall families too poor to buy a new game console fall into?

we got a PSX only because it was very easy to get used for dirt cheap

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Walla posted:

I hated early 3D. A large part of why I stopped gaming for a large period of time was because of how ugly the N64 and PS1 were.

Sounds like you should’ve got a Saturn for that sweet sweet 2D spritework.

Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009
Loving the bowling but if you get a strike during the last phase of the elimination I think it can hurt you because the score applies to the next frames. I’m also more successful just throwing down the middle instead of putting some fancy spin on the ball. Gotta experiment some more.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Walla posted:

I went straight from the Genesis to the Dreamcast and regret nothing. I did have a decent Pentium/Virge/TNT1 rig in the interim though and played all the great PC stuff in those intervening years though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The remakes I'm most interested in are SF Rush and Vigilante 8.

It'll never happen but I can still hope. There are basically no arcade car combat games anymore.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Why did they stop making Burnout games I wonder.

I think EA got insecure and shifted the remaining team over to work on NFS games instead since that's their homegrown franchise.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Automata 10 Pack posted:

I like both and think they both own

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

The remakes I'm most interested in are SF Rush and Vigilante 8.

It'll never happen but I can still hope. There are basically no arcade car combat games anymore.

vigilante 8 was so good. i played the gently caress out of it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the nintendo 64 is my favorite console. it owns.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i've just accepted that vigilante 8 second offense on n64 is the most fun anyone will ever have had with any game based on controlling something on wheels.

it also seems like something someone could probably remake in a month or two in ue5 for an easy remake to sell, wonder what's up with da rights there. always weird when something isnt endlessly repackaged

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the super nintendo is also good

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

OwN64

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 30, 2022

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it's really good OP

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

American McGay posted:

If you want N64 emulation I think you're gonna want something a little more powerful than the Switch or you'll be disappointed.

:imunfunny:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Where’s the lie

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

CharlestheHammer posted:

Where’s the lie

It was a placeholder until i could find the smilie i was actually looking for

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

man nurse posted:

Sounds like you should’ve got a Saturn for that sweet sweet 2D spritework.

I never even heard about the Saturn until well after it disappeared. I do wish I had one, but primarily for Shining Force 3.

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I went straight from the Genesis to the Dreamcast and regret nothing. I did have a decent Pentium/Virge/TNT1 rig in the interim though and played all the great PC stuff in those intervening years though.

I did start playing Sierra games during this time, but not many. I did get a PS2 shortly before the PS3 released and it was great getting a bunch of used games cheap.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Extreme G is also a underrated classic.

Great game

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I haven't updated the OP in a while was there anything important I missed that should go there?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the super nintendo is also good

the super nintendo is the best system of all time

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Lastdancer posted:

I haven't updated the OP in a while was there anything important I missed that should go there?

People have been saying Wintendo lately

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Lastdancer posted:

Nintendo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Sega

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like video games that are fun and make me happy thank u.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I'll add Switch sports and some tesimonials for it if anyone has one, too

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I spent the past week going through an eight-hour Bomberman retrospective and now I want some compilations of the older games on Switch (since Konami probably wouldn't just let them be on Switch Online).

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they should add all the nintendo 64 bombermans to the switch

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ-DJd-57Lo

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

N64 is right up there. When the games were a hit they loving smashed it. We had all of the systems, but for party time it was almost always N64 both because of multiplayer and the best games did poo poo PlayStation/Saturn simply didn’t and/or couldn’t do. One of those systems I feel like you had to be there to fully appreciate.

Wave Race 64? Goldeneye? The Aki wrestling series? Four controller ports built-in? That was jaw-dropping stuff. Then you had a good dozen games that were must play single player experiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Willo567 posted:

the super nintendo is the best system of all time

Eh it's no ps2, or even a gamecube