Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

A reminder that Lewis is a fraud and hasn't won a race this season.

It was the Car your Honour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

ArmZ posted:

seems like there should be a law against that?

lol, this is the UK man

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

your friend wicka posted:

Yes, but those streaming services have more than just that sport. If you are a person who watches nothing other than baseball, not even any TV shows, then yes it will be a problem. But most people aren't that and most people will just have these streaming services anyway. Many people will subscribe to all the major streaming platforms by default and consequently just also have access to all the sports.

Lots of people make this dumb joke and it's always dumb because there is no logic behind the dumb suggestion that a bunch of competing companies would bundle their services together for no reason other than to justify the dumb claim that streaming is somehow turning into cable even though it resembles cable in literally zero ways. Obviously there were always going to be more and more streaming services and I am deeply confused by anyone who didn't see that coming - did you really think everyone paying $100/month for cable would turn into everyone paying $10/month for just Netflix? If so, be better at math. The point of OTT streaming is to replace the revenue being lost by cable, it always needed to grow in order to do so. Like, duh. Idk what world y'all are living in where corporations are just dying to make less money.

It's already happening but it's done by ISPs rather than cable providers.

Here is my provider aggregating netflix, disney plus, eurosport player, dazn and a few others for a tiny discount https://www.tim.it/offerte-tv/timvision/timvision-gold

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Rebus posted:

That's v kind of you but I'm not v qualified for that.

I'd like to recommend "fan director" which crowdsources all decisions based from a slider in the F1 app that goes between "I like what I'm seeing", "that chap looks in peril, bring out the safety car", and "let's spice this poo poo up I'm bored". Some other quick time events could be added to keep everyone engaged.

Twitch Plays Pokémon but for F1 team management would be a hell of a thing. Wonder how many pit stops would get called over the course of the race.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

MustardFacial posted:

Lmao her account is suspended and she's probably fired.

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/1520127705710215175?t=vKvThiPQEOWWIiP9n6jmWw&s=19

Get in there Katie (the unemployment line)

Jesus Christ she is painfully British

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Diet Crack posted:

A reminder that Lewis is a fraud and hasn't won a race this season.

It was the Car your Honour.

Yet he still lives rent free in your head lmao imagine thinking about a backmarker this much (excl noted good lad our Dan)

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Katie Cummer

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

It's too early to say for sure, but the results so far do not rule out fraudulence.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
You say fraudulence. I tell the truth and say sabotage.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
A friendly reminder that Are Russie has finished in the top 5 in every race this year with the supposed same car as Shamilton

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

marshalljim posted:

It's too early to say for sure, but the results so far do not rule out fraudulence.

Merc predictions for Miami looking pretty rough

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

A friendly reminder that Are Russie has finished in the top 5 in every race this year with the supposed same car as Shamilton

Russell is used to driving lovely cars; I wonder if that's a factor.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

uh lets see russel expericining neck and head trauma from toto using his spine as a jackhammer maybe lewis doesnt care about getting 4th as much as not being crippled for life

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Custard Undies posted:

This is just as good as the dumbass media person being dumb.

this is too good, there's no way it can be real.

(please let it be real)

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"No you see, it's because Lewis doesn't want to win"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lewis would rather direct his toxic army of Instagram and Twitter followers to dox, harass, and report employees to their bosses to get them fired, for the crime of not liking him. He is a toxic presence and hopefully will be gone from the sport sooner rather than later.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Lewis would rather direct his toxic army of Instagram and Twitter followers to dox, harass, and report employees to their bosses to get them fired, for the crime of not liking him. He is a toxic presence and hopefully will be gone from the sport sooner rather than later.

Not liking Lewis and calling him a prick on social media as an employee of another team are two very different things.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

ethanol posted:

uh lets see russel expericining neck and head trauma from toto using his spine as a jackhammer maybe lewis doesnt care about getting 4th as much as not being crippled for life

Maybe Lewis's decrepit old body can't take the punishment, and Georgie's young, resilient one can.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lewis isn't going to risk shattering his neck for 5th, because say what you will about him, he's not a dumbass.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

How do you follow the race when you attend in person?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Best post ive seen in years in this thread

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Lewis, unlike noted frauds “Senna” and “Schumacher” and “Verstappen,” is a wise and thoughtful driver who is skilled at risk assessment

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

birds posted:

ipad with the race on, back in the day it would have been the radio so radio 5 live on one of the radio apps if you have no other option.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Watch the cars go by, notice when one car stops going by or is now going by behind another car

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

birds posted:

You watch it, op.

They have big screens up that you can watch for the bits that aren't at your corner

For instance

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

the best way to watch f1 is from a boat surrounded by a plywood deck painted blue to look like the ocean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJJT1NRAzrw

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tsaedje posted:

You watch it, op.

They have big screens up that you can watch for the bits that aren't at your corner

For instance

If the thread curmudgeon is at Monaco the rest of you can shut the gently caress up about it. It owns.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
monaco is the shittiest "city" i ever had the misfortune of visiting, and i wasn't even there during the race

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
the best way to watch f1 is to value your life and not watch f1

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

when teh rising seas destroy monaco we will all be better for it

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

ethanol posted:

when teh rising seas destroy monaco we will all be better for it

it's quite steep actually so it can take quite a bit of sea level rising before it actually loses much land

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

niethan posted:

it's quite steep actually so it can take quite a bit of sea level rising before it actually loses much land

do +100

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Have at it but it only goes to +60 sorry http://flood.firetree.net/

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

niethan posted:

Also all the stuff underwater on that map is reclaimed land with barriers so is probably well protected.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Speaking of water...

https://mobile.twitter.com/EngineMode11/status/1520493257125412869

loving lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I loving love F1 lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I hope we get more things going wrong

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
On the one hand: lol. On the other, that does kill the dream of midrace leakage

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

it doesn't even look as real as PS1 game water. shameful for such a rich sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It should be filled with blue ballpit balls