Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
It's clearly Marc's anusless vampire headmate Franz, who wants you to check your privilege when you say "everybody poops".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I'm not trying to be lovely or damp your spirits but Moon Knight crossovers are usually pretty bad in the comics, because he's his own cast of characters.

There's one good sort-of cross-over I can remember. Moon Knight is doing the typical Superhero Parkour thing across New York's rooftops and runs into Punisher, who is perched on a ledge and gunning down (presumably) bad guys with a sniper rifle. Marc asks Konshu, "should I deal with him? He really is bad by a lot of standards." Konshu says "no, I don't want to get into a war with another god" and Marc says "oh I didn't know Castle was an Avatar, who for?" and Konshu looks at him like he's a total idiot and says "he wears his patron right on his chest, Marc." Kind of a cool moment.

The first time I ever saw Moon Knight was a pretty cool guest appearance in a great What If issue. The story was about the Venom symbiote attaching itself to Frank Castle instead of Eddie Brock. Frank figured it was some secret SHIELD tech at first and didn't question it. Then it started taking over his body more, made him more brutal and reckless, and pushed him towards wanting to hunt down Spider-Man (while he inexplicably just knew he was Peter Parker somehow). Spider-Man borrowed a sonic gun from the Fantastic Four and went after the Punisher, joined by Daredevil and Moon Knight. Spider-Man shot the Punisher with the sonic gun, which stunned the symbiote. Frank thanked him, shot the sonic gun out of his hands, then stood in a comatose state while the symbiote was only covering half of him.

Moon Knight was there for the sake of saying, "Guys, I know I'm relatively new around here, but I've seen some poo poo and it's for the best that you don't touch him. The real fight's going on in Frank's head and the best we can do is hang back and hope for the best."

Which he was right about, as there was a battle of wills going on in the form of Frank in soldier gear marching through a Vietnam jungle while a smiling shadow tried to stalk him. It was all rad as hell.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The Doctor Strange episode of Legends completely leaves out No Way Home even though it apparently leads right into Multiverse of Madness. Sony and Disney are messy co-parents.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cythereal posted:

My theory as to what's going on:

This is Ammit's power putting Marc on trial, trying to sort out if he deserves to die or not, and by extension also Harrow on trial for the killing. Tawaret's scales were flipping out just like Harrow's tattoo did in the first episode. Harrow killed Marc, but he's devoted to a goddess of justice however warped. So Ammit wants to know: was killing Marc/Steve/whoever else in fact just? Or has Harrow defied her? I think that's why Dr. Harrow keeps trying to assert that the psychiatric ward is real, because he knows that this whole thing isn't so much a near death (or actual death) experience, but an inquisition by a goddess of justice.

Given the ending, I suspect that Ammit has decided that no, killing Marc was not just, and that can only mean things are about to get even messier.

This makes a hell of a lot of sense.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
We know it's a trial though, that was pretty clear last episode as they're running and the hospital is tilting. Made even more clear this week when they exit the hospital and they're on a boat with Hippo goddess weighing their hearts. I think though that's supposed to be Ammit's job and the reason she has cards to explain stuff is because part of locking up gods in statues is they need to reassign their duties. And also I have a theory that the woman avatar we saw a few episodes ago is in on it because she's trying to usurp the other gods. That's why she told him where to find the tomb (that was supposed to be hidden even from her. so why would she know about the map?)

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

chitoryu12 posted:

Steven was Marc’s replacement for the brother he couldn’t protect.

Pretty sure that's not a theory, that's the intended idea. That was my interpretation of the episode at least.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Come on people, it's obvious. Marc's third personality is clearly Mephisto :rolleyes:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Was anyone else bothered when Khonshu called Marc his "Moon Knight"?

I feel like they didn't need to do that, unless that's what happens in the comics.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

ApeHawk posted:

I feel like they didn't need to do that, unless that's what happens in the comics.

I don't think he'd call himself that. Who calls themselves knight? He'd call himself something like Pyramid Defender or Mummy Merc, but Konshu is a drama queen, and Moon Knight is a pretty killer name.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

HootTheOwl posted:

We know it's a trial though, that was pretty clear last episode as they're running and the hospital is tilting. Made even more clear this week when they exit the hospital and they're on a boat with Hippo goddess weighing their hearts. I think though that's supposed to be Ammit's job and the reason she has cards to explain stuff is because part of locking up gods in statues is they need to reassign their duties. And also I have a theory that the woman avatar we saw a few episodes ago is in on it because she's trying to usurp the other gods. That's why she told him where to find the tomb (that was supposed to be hidden even from her. so why would she know about the map?)

There's layers to it though. We've seen two distinct versions of the ward. The one where Marc and Steven share control of their body and there isn't overt supernatural stuff happening other than Harrow's office being weird, and the overtly supernatural one where Marc and Steven are separate people and the ward is a trial. We switch between the layers when Marc freaks out or gets drugged. I think resolving the trial will let them escape the supernatural ward for the Indiana Jones adventure, but the more grounded version of the ward will stay as a recurring segment to make us question reality.

Then again, this could be wishful thinking because I like Hawke as the doctor more than I like him as the supervillain.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ApeHawk posted:

Should have been "The Moon's Knight" because I thought Egyptian gods were also the embodiment of their domains. Ra isn't just God of the sun, but also the sun itself.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

HootTheOwl posted:

Should have been "The Moon's Knight" because I thought Egyptian gods were also the embodiment of their domains. Ra isn't just God of the sun, but also the sun itself.

Sailor Senshi Moonknight.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Desperado Bones posted:

Yes, please

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

HootTheOwl posted:

I'm wondering where Anubis is given he is the one that is typically the one overseeing the weighing of hearts with Ammit

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

achillesforever6 posted:

I'm wondering where Anubis is given he is the one that is typically the one overseeing the weighing of hearts with Ammit

I believe he was on the wall where we saw Khonshu placed.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Captain Moon Knight

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Moon Knight should have a polar opposite bad guy...Sun Day!

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

swickles posted:

Captain Moon Knight

Captain Dr. Moon Knight. He is already named (kinda) Steven. Just needs to be played by an actor named Chris.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

kazil posted:

Obviously such a villain would be called the Morning-Star; reversing the order as well as the wording.

MH Knights posted:

Captain Dr. Moon Knight. He is already named (kinda) Steven. Just needs to be played by an actor named Chris.

Well, Oscar is kind like Chris. If you squint your eyes. It has most of the same letters at least.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHvEv9w7sZI

More shots of the pyramid stuff

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I liked how Marc already had the Marvel Legends Moon Knight figure.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

kazil posted:

He does in the comics, but he's called the Sun King. Good guess, even as a joke!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The_Doctor posted:

I liked how Marc already had the Marvel Legends Moon Knight figure.

Yea that was pretty funny.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Piell posted:

Orphan Black did it incredibly and you should watch it when you have a chance
The best part about Orphan Black was any time Tatiana Maslany played one of her characters pretending to be another one, with such a level of subtlety that you could TELL she wasn't the original because they had such distinct mannerisms.

Oscar Isaac's pulling some of that out in some scenes, especially with the subtle accent every time he gets super violent and angry.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

sticklefifer posted:

The best part about Orphan Black was any time Tatiana Maslany played one of her characters pretending to be another one, with such a level of subtlety that you could TELL she wasn't the original because they had such distinct mannerisms.

Yeah she was so incredible in that, there is one episode where she is Alison pretending to be Cosima and it’s one of the most impressive performances I’ve ever seen. And she’s hilarious too.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

gey muckle mowser posted:

Yeah she was so incredible in that, there is one episode where she is Alison pretending to be Cosima and it’s one of the most impressive performances I’ve ever seen. And she’s hilarious too.

drat, I really need to go back and do a complete rewatch of that show.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Desperado Bones posted:

Good to see more Moonlight Knight fans ITT :hfive:

Weird that this guy also had DID, just remembered that now

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

kazil posted:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

kazil posted:

Well, as Moon Knight is a moon-based Batman pastiche with lots of mental baggage, Marvel does have a sun-based Superman pastiche with lots of mental baggage.

We're about due for MCU Sentry.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Oh please no

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Does anyone actually like Sentry as a character?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
An interesting idea, done poorly.

So, no.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

It's me. I'm the Sentry fan.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

oh oh, now do Starbrand.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It's kind of funny just how many Superman pastiches Marvel has at this point. Gladiator, Captain Universe, Sentry, Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Superior, Wonder Man, Count Nefaria and probably at least a few others. One of them will probably make it into the MCU at some point, but which one? I'm not too familiar with most of them, but I like Gladiator from my very limited experience with stories of him, at least as an antagonist since fights with him can be varied by finding ways to shake his confidence and make him vulnerable to differing degrees.

Blue Marvel also sounds interesting in theory (never read much with him in it, since I stopped reading comics about the time he was introduced), since he's a Black superhero who was operating in the 60s with Superman's powers and general role, but once he revealed his skin color everyone turned on him and so he had to retire for years and was basically just kind of swept under the rug. A lot of that narrative is already covered by the whole Black Captain America thing though, and it'd be harder to squeeze in a forgotten hero operating in the 60s in the MCU, since it doesn't have a rolling timeline of heroics stretching back decades to the 40s, if not earlier. He could still be relevant obviously, but it'd probably just be repeating Sam's story, along with some of Isiahs.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Since hulk got weakened by thanos’s beatdown in infinity war they can’t do it again with the sentry storyline unless we get maybe a few movies of hulk getting his groove back.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nah, get Bana Hulk back.

Multiverse babyyyyyy

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Immortal Hulk or bust

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

tsob posted:

One of them will probably make it into the MCU at some point, but which one?

We already got one, Ikaris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Marvel should just do a Supreme Power series, just to mess with DC.