Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I have never been mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eifert Posting posted:

I have never been mad.

I have always been mad and never told a joke *fist bump*

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Eifert Posting posted:

I have never been mad.

it’s not lie month yet. that’s June

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Good news everyone, the 2022 NFL season is only 130 days away

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a patagonian cavy posted:

it’s not lie month yet. that’s June

Spoken like such a Gemini

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1521116770630881285?s=21&t=dkKZaVuFVkg-DHLmWDoNeQ

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wonder what the cost is. I think it was time for the Chiefs to move on from him at the price he assumed he was going to command, but at a friendly price, I dunno.

But hey, at least he'll get to keep throwing his hands up at Sorensen for another year.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Colts were looking at him pretty hard too, but with the Gilmore signing filling the "veteran in the secondary" need and the trade-up for Nick Cross in the draft addressing the safety depth issue it makes sense that he would land elsewhere.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

But hey, at least he'll get to keep throwing his hands up at Sorensen for another year.

Oh god I missed that Sorensen went there, that's hilarious.

Like if you don't want Taysom Hill to play QB you might as well line him up at safety because he'll probably do as good of a job as Dirty Dan with a few weeks worth of practice.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Hell yeah.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finally an A/B tier free agent goes to the loving NFC.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

No loving Coolguys

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

lol at this

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Eagles have jack poo poo at Safety now, fun

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Mathieu reuniting with Sorenson is extremely funny

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Steelers seem to be in a rough space as far as defensive back goes. As far as I understand their situation I think they were really banking on getting Matheu.

Trubisky and Pickett both tend to be stronger in the short and intermediate game and they got a bunch of burners in the draft. They looked to have a very scary receiver room for the next year or two but I'm not convinced they have the quarterback to really utilize it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1521188005754589187?s=20&t=jwyKbOgN_Jn1quCLMnOYLw

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

I appreciate they aren't going to draft a guy in the fourth then spout some BS about splitting reps and making him earn it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Dontsayitdontsayitsontsayit

You could say he

Blewitt

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1521193261741731840?t=Q4KAkBqUP6wGvAtgzseaPA&s=19

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I’m sorry but the league needs to intervene and ensure that a kicker with that name has a starting job somewhere.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Isn’t he really good?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

Isn’t he really good?

He looked good his first year or two and then fell off hard. Still I'm surprised they wouldn't tag him, contracts for linebackers these days are very reasonable, it couldn't have been too much.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pron on VHS posted:

Isn’t he really good?

Great as a rookie, destroyed his leg year 2, sucked last year.

Eifert Posting posted:

He looked good his first year or two and then fell off hard. Still I'm surprised they wouldn't tag him, contracts for linebackers these days are very reasonable, it couldn't have been too much.

Tag rules are dumb as hell and doesn't take into account edge vs off ball, so for LB's it's almost $19m

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Kalli posted:

Great as a rookie, destroyed his leg year 2, sucked last year.

Tag rules are dumb as hell and doesn't take into account edge vs off ball, so for LB's it's almost $19m

Tag is at $19, option is only $10.8. Steelers must be pretty confident they're moving on after this.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Woozie66 posted:

Tag is at $19, option is only $10.8. Steelers must be pretty confident they're moving on after this.

You're right, the formula is complicated.

$11m base, $12m if he had played 75% of more snaps over 2 seasons or 50% in 3, $16m for pro bowl voting, $19m if 2+.

Base is built from the average of the 3rd to 25th highest salaries at their position.

Playtime # is 3rd-20th

1 pro bowl means you get the transition tender #

2+ means you get the franchise #

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
It is pretty dumb to group together OLBs like Khalil Mack and Joey Bosa with OLBs like Devin Bush for contract purposes. They play completely different positions

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Guaranteeing a LB $11m when he can’t stay on the field is pretty big risk. He’s probably better than Devin White though and the Bucs picked up his.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1521217993610514432?t=eNrtIWBu0_7RPGjabjlOhw&s=19

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Wow. More than I thought.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1521218594008272896

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

if the cards can't win the first 6 games of their season then they are going to have trouble finishing 9-8

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lmao

Getting started on the second half collapse a bit early

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

I take it they knew this was coming and that's why they went for Hollywood?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lol that the league moved more quickly on this than on Watson.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Seems like a decent deal to me.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hollywooooood

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Jack Easterby vindicated!

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Probably took it to rehab an injury! Clearly this is a bigger injustice than what Watson did! As usual the shield gets it right

gently caress poo poo drat gently caress

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Dontsayitdontsayitsontsayit

You could say he

sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Seems like a decent deal to me.
It is but he was lamenting a couple weeks back that he would've signed the deal KC gave to Justin Reid so I assumed he wasn't coming close on the money and he ended up doing pretty well.