Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Seeing a subset of the regular crew bounce off Colbert was a blast. And personally, I loved Matt dropping heavy hints while all four players completely ignored him. (“The only thing in there is SALT! Hint, hint! Oh, you all completely ignored that, didn’t you…”)

And I was amazed that Sam can actually be a little subdued; everyone seemed a little star-struck except maybe Ashley. Seeing Colbert all-in while the others were clearly in “Mr. Colbert” mode was a blast and I hope they repeat again because I want to see them bounce off each other when more comfortable.

It’s a short watch, not much depth to it, but charming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
It'd be fun to see how Colbert would do in a longer game like a one-shot or possibly even as part of an ExU campaign. There's only so much you get to do in a 90ish minute session and he'd probably be hilarious as part of a crew instead of being the main character of a short novelty game.

I hope he shares some stuff from the Tomb of Horrors reunion game he's going to :)

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Brian pretty much confirms why he was fired. As many have guessed, it was over some Twitter bullshit.
https://twitter.com/BrianWFoster/status/1520650239685787650?cxt=HHwWhICswcLVt5oqAAAA
Another noteworthy tweet.
https://twitter.com/BrianWFoster/status/1520678657676640256?cxt=HHwWgICshdXLxJoqAAAA

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Terminal Twitter brain poisoning

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao of course he's covering that stupid loving trial and acting as if Depp is completely innocent.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Some ages back after like the second time Brian flounced off Twitter because of fans, I said to a friend that while I sympathized with him getting upset due to stupid people online, he was also very much a thin skinned drama whore and didn't need to take everything so personally. I stand by that statement now.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

turns out being absolutely incapable of shutting the gently caress up about random people on the internet is actually bad PR??? who knew

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

The Internet is bad for everyone, but it’s especially bad for some people, and if those people don’t or can’t recognize that things end up going poorly for them.

Some might even say that…the Internet makes you stupid.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Seems kind of dumb to post passive-aggressive tweets about the company that your fiancée started and still runs, but what do I know.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Seems strange that he would leave out the part where he’d regularly get drunk, find (usually pretty reasonable) complaints about the show that he wasn’t even tagged in, sic all his followers at some nobody and delete the tweet a while later.

Maybe all that had something to do with it or maybe he was just a meanie head who can say really

e: he also sites people getting mad at him about putting his pronouns in his bio as “the fans being unreasonable” when he did some joke poo poo that mocked them. Very selective memory there, Mr. Foster!

Abroham Lincoln fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 1, 2022

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Seems strange that he would leave out the part where he’d regularly get drunk, find (usually pretty reasonable) complaints about the show that he wasn’t even tagged in, sic all his followers at some nobody and delete the tweet a while later.

Maybe all that had something to do with it or maybe he was just a meanie head who can say really

i think you mean bravely calling out toxic fans*

*some queer teenager with 20 followers who takes a show too seriously

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

"Freedom of speech." :jerkbag:
https://twitter.com/BrianWFoster/status/1520682422689431553?t=r5luIoHA7P0wrSrRRo9Ayw&s=19

Kind of ironic that he is complaining about how toxic the Critical Role fandom is (which would normally be pretty valid) while he is attracting reply guys who are blaming the "woke cult"

Generic American fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 1, 2022

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

I hope somebody tells him that he had freedom of speech the entire time!

And maybe they should also explain the concept of "consequences of your actions" to him while they're at it!

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Ashley Johnson could do better imo, but that ain't my business.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

CuwiKhons posted:

Ashley Johnson could do better imo, but that ain't my business.

I’ll just say that I agree with both parts of this. Whatever makes her happy is cool, but also…

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I don't know poo poo about their relationship, It's a bit weird to say poo poo like that.

I just think that dude's a dick.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I would date Fearne

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Dexo posted:

I don't know poo poo about their relationship, It's a bit weird to say poo poo like that.

I just think that dude's a dick.

I mean I think that’s essentially what we’re saying. They do them, that’s there business. It’s just it seems apparent that BWF is kind of a dick.

DaiJiaTeng
Oct 26, 2010
Wow Brian. Seriously though, I hope that comments like these don't strain friendships too much. It's sad to see broken friendships because of things like this. When you have that one friend that's kind of an rear end in a top hat, in private interactions it can be endearing (or at least tolerable). When that person becomes a public face for a brand, that tends to change everything. When they then use social media as a soap-box, that seems even worse. This doesn't seem to be the first case in which someone had trouble making that kind of transition.

I watched the Colbert thing. It was pretty adorable and makes me hope that they can do a longer one in the future. Colbert really seems like a generally likable person.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

With Foster I think part of the problem is that he does not adjust for a fact that a lot of things that will fly in private or even public conversations with friends/people you know will not fly in general public. So while I believe he might be a decent guy in everyday relationships, the moment he gets out of that comfort zone he is doomed.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Lucas Archer posted:

In my opinion, these two last episodes were the best two back to back since C1.

I really enjoyed the departure from more traditional dungeon crawl (though Matt has done some fantastic dungeon crawls), the heist setting, the rival team, much more in the way of traps and trickery than straight up combat, etc. Highly enjoyable all the way through. Definitely the high point of C3 thus far, for me.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
imo if I had a job talking about my wife’s D&D group with our friends I would simply ignore Twitter randos and not fumble the bag so hard

That’s two CR-affliated dudes who’ve had all-time bag fumblings (Orion’s is unmatched though compared to Brian)

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
It's actually pretty sad to watch, tbh. I honestly can only hope that it didn't poison things too badly.

Twitter is just...not good for you, sometimes, and I say that as someone who's pretty terminally Twitter poisoned.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Are they Bell's Hells or Bells Hells? The second one makes less sense but adds a bit more distance between the group and Bertrand, and it seems like that's what they're going for?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Cheston posted:

Are they Bell's Hells or Bells Hells? The second one makes less sense but adds a bit more distance between the group and Bertrand, and it seems like that's what they're going for?

From CR's site:

quote:

Bells Hells continues on their adventures.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
I've been using Schrodinger's Apostrophe. Until directly observed, the apostrophes both do and do not exist.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Cheston posted:

They'll always be the Focus Group in my heart.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I've just been calling them the C3 crew because Bells Hells sounds weird in most sentences.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Beck's Hecks.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Bertrand's Bellends

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bells Hells is a bad name, they should’ve tried harder

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Bells Hells is a bad name, they should’ve tried

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Narsham posted:

Seeing a subset of the regular crew bounce off Colbert was a blast. And personally, I loved Matt dropping heavy hints while all four players completely ignored him. (“The only thing in there is SALT! Hint, hint! Oh, you all completely ignored that, didn’t you…”)

And I was amazed that Sam can actually be a little subdued; everyone seemed a little star-struck except maybe Ashley. Seeing Colbert all-in while the others were clearly in “Mr. Colbert” mode was a blast and I hope they repeat again because I want to see them bounce off each other when more comfortable.

It’s a short watch, not much depth to it, but charming.

I would've been fully star-struck just by Colbert, and with Return of the King still being my favorite movie I would've fully lost it seeing a proper "used in the movies" Sting right there to just play around with or do whatever with. I attended a speech at college from someone who was a guest on the Colbert Report and chatted that guy up for a bit after his speech, and I live in the town that Colbert swung by to do random local access TV for before he took over the late show, so I feel suitably connected to an entertainment personality that I very much admire, considering I'm just a schmuck barely getting by in life.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Covermeinsunshine posted:

With Foster I think part of the problem is that he does not adjust for a fact that a lot of things that will fly in private or even public conversations with friends/people you know will not fly in general public. So while I believe he might be a decent guy in everyday relationships, the moment he gets out of that comfort zone he is doomed.
It was deleted but what set him off this time was a rando comment either asking or suggesting (IIRC) that Ashley beats him and he doesn't do anything about it.

He is someone who is entirely too defensive of people he either knows or cares about.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 10:15 on May 3, 2022

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Crazy Ted posted:

It was deleted but what set him off this time was a rando comment either asking or suggesting (IIRC) that Ashley beats him and he doesn't do anything about it.

He is someone who is entirely too defensive of people he either knows or cares about.
Jfc, that would probably set me off too

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
How the hell do people think that’s an acceptable thing to say? The internet was a mistake.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I mean, I would also go ballistic for something like that

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Antitonic posted:

How the hell do people think that’s an acceptable thing to say? The internet was a mistake.
Because some people think that "punching up" means you can literally say anything you want to anyone with a verified account or has more followers than you or whatever.

In the Wolves-Grizzlies NBA Playoff series that ended just a few days ago after Karl Anthony Towns had a godawful Game Three some dude from Brooklyn tweeted about Towns, who had half a dozen relatives die of Covid including his mother, "KAT's mom is looking up and shaking her drat head". Of course, the implication was that Towns' mother was in hell.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I wanna be super clear here - Brian and the entire cast have gotten some absolutely garbage messages from "fans" on Twitter, Reddit, Twitch chat, and I mean, poo poo, Matt and Marisha had a real life stalker for a little while. I don't blame anybody for being mad about that stuff and I don't think Brian's a bad person necessarily. I just think he lacks the ability to not respond when someone says something that makes him angry and unfortunately, it just makes him that much better of a target for trolls so it's an escalating problem.

He also has punched down on people who kinda didn't deserve it. There's a difference between trolls and people with honest criticism and he responds to both pretty much the same because, well, Twitter's not a very good medium for honest critique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
This kind of drama makes me want to tune out of CR completely.