Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Captain Hygiene posted:

Thinking I might switch back to 4 Finger, seems like it provides the most pen security

when i was in school they called it tiger style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Today I Found Out that I've never grown past 7 years old. :ohdear:

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Re: shitposting.

Back when I worked for the local council, one of the 1000+ supposed adults working in the head office used to go into the Mens in an evening, take a poo poo on the floor about six inches behind the door, and then carefully sneak out again through the barely cracked door. The next person to enter would engage the poo poo booby trap and find the door leaving an artistic brown arc across the floor. We were all impressed at the levels of coordination and daring required to wait for the brief moment when all the cubicles were empty and nobody would walk in mid-act.

This happened so regularly they had to put cameras up in the entrance corridor in an effort to find the saboteur, but never conclusively nailed anybody for it before the phantom shitter either got bored or moved away. :iiam:

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

darkwasthenight posted:

phantom shitter :iiam:

Poo-tergeist

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

wheatpuppy posted:

Poo-tergeist

Diarrheaith

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

At least my experience doing menial jobs where I had to clean bathrooms was that the mens was consistently kinda gross but the women’s was an all or nothing horror show.

yes that there is a consistent trend in american media to have male sitcom cartoon characters marvel at the luxuries of women's restrooms is a sign that tvs writer rooms have not a single person whose actually worked in their life.

Doll House Ghost posted:

It's odd. People talk about women's public bathrooms like they are 7th dimension fo hell, but I don't think I've ever seen a misplaced used period product, blood or poo poo in odd places at a public bathroom. And I was an office cleaner for a while. Maybe I'm just lucky? Weirdest thing I saw was a giant beetle in a toilet in a literal savannah.

I do wish squat toilets were more common option. Would give the inevitable squat pissers their natural environment to hang out at.

office ones aren't that bad honestly because you're there everyday so you have an interest in taking care of it. when we talk about the horrors of women's restrooms we're really talking about retail and other places where you poo poo in absolute anonymity. Costco's womens was uniquely awful.

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 3, 2022

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Danaru posted:

Fellas, is having a father cheating?

I'm reminded of the 4chan bullshit about how having a daughter is the ultimate in being cucked, but this guy's too much of a little bitch to even win as seen through that hideously warped lens.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

nashona posted:

I'll always remember when I went to the ladies and a used pad was stuck to the middle of the door on the inside.

I imagine as more menstruators use men's rooms they will start being more bloody.

all the cis guys are going to think the box is a loving trash can and its going to be the worst thing in the world

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
AITA for telling everyone the truth why my brother didn't come to our family reunion

quote:

A little backstory for context, my brother's gf and my wife got into an argument 4 years ago. My brother Jack's gf Danielle tends to hold grudges and cut people out of her life when she isn't happy with their actions. The fight my wife and Danielle got into was over a mutual friend, my brother's best friend Henry. Danielle didn't like Henry and told my brother it was either her or Henry, my brother broke up with her but eventually cut ties with his best friend and got back together with Danielle.

Danielle told my wife to stop inviting Henry to cookouts, parties, and events. My wife said no, Henry is a family friend and is more than welcome to come to anything we host.

Danielle said she needed to rethink their friendship feeling my wife didn't side with her, my wife basically told her to grow up and f*** off. My wife and Danielle haven't seen or spoken to each other since the argument. My wife did apologize numerous times saying she was out of line, Danielle won't accept her apology and by doing so had my brother pick a side.

It has been a real nightmare where my brother has tried numerous times to reconcile, tried to meet his niece who is 2 and come to gatherings. Danielle gives him an ultimatum every time so he chooses to stay away to avoid conflict with his gf.

For the past 4 years every time we've had a family get together we've made excuses for Danielle and Jack saying they are busy or had prior obligations. My parents said Danielle's biggest concern is family members will think of her differently if they find out she's the one preventing my brother from attending family gatherings. She tends to put on act for family that's she's sweet and innocent, behind the curtains she controls my brother and has a very bad temper.

We had a family reunion over the weekend and once again everyone asked where Danielle and Jack were. I finally told everyone the truth that Danielle was still upset with my wife and she's refusing to make amends and my brother isn't allowed to go anywhere without her. My parents said they have tried to talk to my brother alone but Danielle won't let that happen. They asked how he liked being an uncle, I told them the truth that he's never met his niece. He's made a couple of attempts but Danielle wouldn't let him so he hasn't been able to.

The look on their faces was shock, mortified, and confused. Some asked for me to go into detail so I did, and others kind of just smiled and walked away.
Now my parents are saying I'm an a**hole because family is going to look at Danielle differently and I've made it awkward for any other family gatherings in the future for my brother and Danielle.

EDIT For everyone asking what Henry did to Danielle- Henry told Jack that Danielle was trying to isolate him, she didn't like the fact that Henry told Jack to breakup with her after 6 months of dating. Danielle didn't like how close Henry and Jack were, they would play golf together and do things she doesn't like to do so she felt excluded, she gave my brother an ultimatum saying Henry was threatening their relationship. Jack told Henry so Henry spoke up and called her a B****. Henry would try to point out other girls when they went to the bar to sway Jack's mind. As a gf she felt he was trying to break them up, which he was.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
AITA for not buying my boyfriend another birthday gift after he rejected the original present?

quote:

Throwaway and please refrain from “break up” comments. Those don’t help.

I’m 25F and I have been with my boyfriend for over 3 years. His birthday was last week. Him and I are not into the same music so we don’t go to many shows together but when we have gone together it has been very fun.

My boyfriend loves bands. I don’t really know how else to put it. He listens to a lot of rock music from these bands I’ve never heard of. Imagine Dragons are coming to our city this summer. I know who they are and I know they’re a band so I figured this would be an awesome present for my boyfriend. I got us the tickets and was very excited.

My excitement was short lived, it turned into sadness very soon. Here is a summary of how the gift exchange went down:

I bought him some other smaller things but put the ticket confirmation in an envelope with the card I made for him. He opens the envelope and I’m met with a “uhhhhhh.. what?”

I explained to him that they’re coming to town and I thought it would be a lot of fun to go together, and that I want to get more into the music he likes. Then he responds “this is not the music I like.. just because a band has instruments doesn’t mean it’s what I like”

I am getting very sad at this point. I asked him if he really wouldn’t have fun. He says: “honestly you should just try to get your money back, I don’t want to go to this”

I say okay as I am literally holding back tears. He then says that I could try to resell the tickets. He goes on his phone and googles concerts in the area around that date, and says we could go to one of these shows instead.

I snapped at him. I said I really tried to do something I thought he’d like. And that it’s extremely hurtful the way he responded. He says

“we have been dating for 3 years, how did you not know that I don’t like that music? I wouldn’t get you tickets to the Travis Scott concert for your birthday because I am well aware you hate rap. You should have known I wouldn’t like this”

At that point I actually started crying. I just said I wanted to do something together and he didn’t have to be so mean. He tried to walk back everything he said and he was like we can go I’m sure it would be fun. I told him gently caress no. I know how he really feels.

He is now upset saying that it’s basically like I got him nothing for his birthday since I won’t resell the tickets to get different tickets and that I won’t suck it up and go with him after he made it very clear how he feels. Aita

Edit: update I spoke to my boyfriend and apologized. After reading these responses I’ve learned that I was acting selfish. My gift showed him that I know nothing about his taste in music, and more than likely that’s why he got upset. I am going to sell the tickets, and he apologized for hurting my feelings. He said that we can find another show and he will split the price of the tickets with me. (Which I can probably make another AITA about, if I would be the rear end in a top hat to accept that offer or insist that I pay for both tickets)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

AKA Pseudonym posted:

AITA for not buying my boyfriend another birthday gift after he rejected the original present?

quote:

please refrain from “break up” comments. Those don’t help.

TA just for this one. Fine, stay and be miserable/make your partner miserable. All right?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

My boyfriend loves bands. I don’t really know how else to put it. He listens to a lot of rock music from these bands I’ve never heard of. Imagine Dragons are coming to our city this summer. I know who they are and I know they’re a band so I figured this would be an awesome present for my boyfriend.
This is some next level bizarre reasoning.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

mediaphage posted:

AITA for telling everyone the truth why my brother didn't come to our family reunion

NTA but also YTD (you're the doormats)

Why wouldn't you guys torch Danielle's reputation to the ground years ago?

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Throwaway and please refrain from “break up” comments. Those don’t help.

I actually did assume that she should break up judging by that first line, but no, she wasn't being thoughtful with her gift. But at least they worked it out in the end.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

AKA Pseudonym posted:

hahahah "my boyfriend likes music! these guys play music! how could this possibly go wrong?"

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

DemoneeHo posted:

NTA but also YTD (you're the doormats)

Why wouldn't you guys torch Danielle's reputation to the ground years ago?

I actually did assume that she should break up judging by that first line, but no, she wasn't being thoughtful with her gift. But at least they worked it out in the end.

I mean, they should break up because she doesn't care enough about him to put even 2 seconds of effort into learning about something he loves.

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

This is some next level bizarre reasoning.

Yeah the wording here is making me insane, like does she enjoy music at all, or does she assume it's all completely interchangeable?

Also, the fact that her boyfriend listens to "these bands I've never heard of" probably means tickets for one of those shows would have been way cheaper than Imagine Dragons lol.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

office ones aren't that bad honestly because you're there everyday so you have an interest in taking care of it. when we talk about the horrors of women's restrooms we're really talking about retail and other places where you poo poo in absolute anonymity. Costco's womens was uniquely awful.

Lol, uh.

The women's restrooms in my building are always absolutely loving destroyed. We have a regular phantom shitter who leaves standing turds on the seats of every toilet, and smears poo poo on every surface available, then leaves without getting caught by people or cameras, between 9:15 and 10am about 2 days a week. To the point that the building put someone there to monitor for a while, in which nothing happened.

Monitors went away and the phantom shitter came back. Put cameras in front of the door and nobody goes in or out the doors and yet it's somehow covered in poo poo.

We literally think it's a dude climbing through the ceiling to do it so now I get to cross a major highway on foot to piss at work. It's a small business incubation center. Yes I'm applying elsewhere.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

mediaphage posted:

Okay look, I've done some incredibly selfish, lovely things in relationships, but attempting to isolate people from their friends and family is straight up an abuser's favorite tactic. Ugh. I hope OP's brother gets out okay.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

Yeah the wording here is making me insane, like does she enjoy music at all, or does she assume it's all completely interchangeable?

Also, the fact that her boyfriend listens to "these bands I've never heard of" probably means tickets for one of those shows would have been way cheaper than Imagine Dragons lol.

I mean to be fair if they are smaller bands they might not even tour in their area.

Though it’s hard to say considering how little effort she put into like looking into it

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Yer that one’s just ‘we’ve passively enabled my brothers abusive relationship…what do?’

Poor fucker.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

mediaphage posted:

For everyone asking what Henry did to Danielle- Henry told Jack that Danielle was trying to isolate him

You don't say.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Happy ending though, so far. Now all the family knows she's a poisonous, awful person and she won't have anyone covering for her awful behavior anymore.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

I've met people like this (hell Im related to one). Im not saying they all have amusia, but amusia affects about 4% of the population and is not exactly a thing people talk about or get diagnosed with. To these people music does, genuinely, often sound interchangeable and the one Im related to just assumed people got into specific bands entirely based on the performers themselves but that, like, the music itself was irrelevant.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

mediaphage posted:

A little ditty about Jack and Danielle
Two American fools in relationship hell
Jack, he's gonna be a henpicked man
Danielle is a bitch, gonna follow her plan

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

needs more suckin' on chili dogs

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Pope Corky the IX posted:

And there's no better way to guarantee that urine will end up all over your bathroom then asking a cismale to please clean up after themselves.

THREAD MOVES FAST. But anyways...

I'm a guy and had some guy friends over for an afternoon, and when I went to the bathroom myself there was piss all over the place. I couldn't believe it; we're all 30+ here and sober? There was a lot of yelling and an angry host storming out of the loo to shame 4-5 guys (since I couldn't recall who went in last).

I still don't get it. Did they think nobody would notice? Is it just what their own restroom looks like, dried sticky messes all over? Even if it is, would they not think to be on better behavior as a guest in a clean place?

I'm still angry, and drat glad I yelled about it.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Cardi BYOB posted:

Lol, uh.

The women's restrooms in my building are always absolutely loving destroyed. We have a regular phantom shitter who leaves standing turds on the seats of every toilet, and smears poo poo on every surface available, then leaves without getting caught by people or cameras, between 9:15 and 10am about 2 days a week. To the point that the building put someone there to monitor for a while, in which nothing happened.

Monitors went away and the phantom shitter came back. Put cameras in front of the door and nobody goes in or out the doors and yet it's somehow covered in poo poo.

We literally think it's a dude climbing through the ceiling to do it so now I get to cross a major highway on foot to piss at work. It's a small business incubation center. Yes I'm applying elsewhere.

my college (uk high school) had a phantom shitter that was never found; i’m not sure of any of the grisly details but i am extremely glad that the phrase ‘phantom shitter’ has this much reach, because that’s exactly what we called it

i’m pretty sure i got the bus with him but i can’t be sure

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

South Park Dookie in the Urinal

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Serephina posted:

THREAD MOVES FAST. But anyways...

I'm a guy and had some guy friends over for an afternoon, and when I went to the bathroom myself there was piss all over the place. I couldn't believe it; we're all 30+ here and sober? There was a lot of yelling and an angry host storming out of the loo to shame 4-5 guys (since I couldn't recall who went in last).

I still don't get it. Did they think nobody would notice? Is it just what their own restroom looks like, dried sticky messes all over? Even if it is, would they not think to be on better behavior as a guest in a clean place?

I'm still angry, and drat glad I yelled about it.

Who cleaned it up?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

r/relationships: please refrain from “break up” comments. Those don’t help.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Who cleaned it up?

I did, but the tongue-lashing must have worked as it hasn't happened since.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

For years I heard "Diane debutante back seat of Jackie's car" as "Diane dead in the backseat of Jackie's car" and it's kinda impressive how much the rest of the song still works. A dark mournful look at what could have been. I think I was thirty when I found out that wasn't the actual lyric.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for telling my son that I would not stop inviting his ex to family functions?

quote:

My son (44M) divorced his wife (43F) after having an affair with a much younger woman (I think 23F).

He and his ex have two kids (12, 6) and his ex has almost full custody of them. He gets them one weekend per month. He just got engaged to the woman he had an affair with and told me I’m not allowed to invite his ex to family functions anymore bc his fiancée is uncomfortable being around her. I

told him no and now he’s angry with me. My reasoning is: she has custody of their children the vast majority of the time and I want to be able to see my grandchildren frequently and not only once a month; she has basically been my daughter for twenty years and it’s not like their divorce is going to change the way I feel about her; and she is actually closer to most of the family than he is since she was always the one who kept us up to date about the kids, scheduled family outings with us, and even spent more time with us than he did.

Also, her family lives in another country and we have been her family for decades, I’m not going to take that away from her because my son decided to leave her. However, I recognize that I’m still really angry and hurt about my son’s actions towards his ex wife and kids so maybe I’m acting out of anger. AITA for refusing to exclude his ex from our family functions?

Paragraphs added

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Today I Found Out that I've never grown past 7 years old. :ohdear:

That thing is so wrong and dated I think the author is one step away from screaming how left-handed people are scary and evil.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for telling my son that I would not stop inviting his ex to family functions?

it's nice that the MIL is on the right side in this one

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Serephina posted:

I did, but the tongue-lashing must have worked as it hasn't happened since.

You probably could have just used some paper towels or something.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Soylent Pudding posted:

Paragraphs added

MIL needs to tell her idiot son that the entire family is uncomfortable being around the 23-year-old side piece he dumped his wife and kids for.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Soylent Pudding posted:

Paragraphs added

Famcucked

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Terrible Food Husband Mk 2

AITA for giving my husband food poisoning?

quote:

My husband is always leaving food on the counter—milk jugs, juice jugs, frozen foods, cheese, lunch meat, leftovers—you name it, he leaves it out. I’ve spoken to him many times about this and he continues to do it. I’m of the philosophy that everyone has quirks and sometimes living with someone means you have to put the metaphorical toothpaste cap on the tube. So, I would put things away for him. I did this for a few reasons: 1. Mess 2. We have kids and I don’t want them to get sick. 3. Food wastage. I have been, however; always reminding him when I did it. I didn’t want to nag, but I also didn’t want to further enable the behaviour. Recently, I got really frustrated and I stopped. I would take note of what was on the counter and make sure that if it reappeared in the fridge or freezer that I would not feed it to the kids or myself. I gave him fair warning I would be doing this. He started to notice things on the counter and would ask how long they had been out. I would give him my best guess, but I also wasn’t keeping track. After a few days of this, I would just shrug. No idea.

Well, he got sick. We don’t know for sure if it was food poisoning, but that’s my guess because no one else got sick. He’s pretty upset about it. He’s not blaming me out loud (although he’s pretty short with me—maybe embarrassed), but his family is giving me grief saying I took it to far and that I intentionally poisoned him to teach him a lesson. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

I like how this guy is just competitive befuddled the instant the magical kitchen fairy stops showing up to mysteriously make food go back in the fridge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Soylent Pudding posted:

Paragraphs added

Gonna suck when the home wrecker starts making this dudes second batch of grand kids but there might be enough time for extensive historical revisionism until the whole family agrees they had a daughter not a son.