Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hahahaha holy gently caress who thought this was a good idea

https://twitter.com/andyslater/status/1521607378172620800?s=21&t=8Hzib0Qibuv2wF60Rbp1lQ

Other than me, a previous vuvuzela owner, of course. Holy poo poo I can’t wait for the arena to get full of Florida drunks blasting these things all game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

https://twitter.com/andyslater/status/1521607378172620800?s=21&t=8Hzib0Qibuv2wF60Rbp1lQ

Other than me, a previous vuvuzela owner, of course. Holy poo poo I can’t wait for the arena to get full of Florida drunks blasting these things all game.

That's amazing. I approve wholeheartedly. This is the best one of these ever and I hope they're so loud they drown out the commentary.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I want to see a '96 Cup Finals rematch (Avs-Panthers) more than I want the Bruins to win

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I just want every series to go to Game 7 that's all, thank you Santa

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I want to see a '96 Cup Finals rematch (Avs-Panthers) more than I want the Bruins to win

it is a shame what beezer turned out to be

also uwe krupp owned

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
lol at giving out vuvuzelas. The person who made that decision should be given a raise or be fired, no in between

deoju fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 4, 2022

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

EL BROMANCE posted:

Hahahahaha that’s gonna be hilarious.

deoju posted:

lol at giving out vuvuzelas. The person who made that decision should immediately be given a raise or be fired.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

bewbies posted:

also uwe krupp owned

nah

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's an aerosolized respiratory pandemic going on.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The Panthers' last (only) deep playoff run had an obnoxious fan participation gimmick. Why not this one? It could end up being a fabulous marketing move.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Haha vuvuzela go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Paint them to look like rats, you cowards.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Aphrodite posted:

This is Florida we're talking about. Next game they might implement celebrations involving spitting directly down the throats of the people seated around you in the stands.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah def. not in Florida.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Jamwad Hilder posted:

This is absolutely what I want too. Panthers Aves.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Powershift posted:

Not in the playoffs this year, but give it a few hours.

The first round usually occurs during Ramadan so Kadri is hangry from fasting all day then having to play, but because of the Olympic break this year, Ramadan ended yesterday. Kadri will be clean this year now that he isn't hangry.

Also, Kadri has vastly cleaned up his game, his reputation is a bit undeserved at this point, imo.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Yo this Panthers-Caps game is entertaining as hell

I'm a bit envious of NHL teams that play at the NHL level

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

fermun posted:

Also, Kadri has vastly cleaned up his game, his reputation is a bit undeserved at this point, imo.

Until he can make it through an entire playoff season without getting suspended, it’s still deserved. I’d agree that he’s not throwing cheap shots during the season, but he has to earn a new rep in the playoffs.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Kadri didn’t deserve his reputation in the first place because even with the playoff suspensions that reputation was way overblown. I remember when the trade happened an Avs fan on this forum was like “why do we want some thug” after he’d had multiple 30 goal seasons.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
He’s not a thug, I’m just convinced he loses where the line is during the playoffs. He got suspended for 8 games just last year. He needs to make it through the playoffs without taking a stupid suspension before he gets to shake that rep.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Jhet posted:

Until he can make it through an entire playoff season without getting suspended, it’s still deserved. I’d agree that he’s not throwing cheap shots during the season, but he has to earn a new rep in the playoffs.

He did it through 2 entire playoff series in 2020

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

fermun posted:

He did it through 2 entire playoff series in 2020

Fair, but he’s been suspended as much as Wilson hasn’t he? 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, and 2021 are the years I can find him taking a suspension. I can find 5 suspensions for Wilson since 2013. So like all the others, he’s going to have to work off that rep for a bit longer.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Goddamn Barkov is awesome.

e: Not GDT, but still true.

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 4, 2022

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

heehee posted:

https://twitch.tv/streameastlive if you need a site to watch on, the bot posts the site in the chat once in a while (plus you can chat along with fellow twitch users, poggers!)
Says the channel was last live 2 years ago?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Jhet posted:

He’s not a thug, I’m just convinced he loses where the line is during the playoffs. He got suspended for 8 games just last year. He needs to make it through the playoffs without taking a stupid suspension before he gets to shake that rep.

That 8 game suspension was bullshit and everyone in SAS was in agreement. He absolutely deserved discipline for what he did but 8 games was horseshit compared to what other players were getting away with (what did Scheifele get for trying to kill somebody? Not an 8 game suspension)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mike Works posted:

Says the channel was last live 2 years ago?

The channel doesn't actually stream, they just use the chat to share pirate links.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Aces High posted:

That 8 game suspension was bullshit and everyone in SAS was in agreement. He absolutely deserved discipline for what he did but 8 games was horseshit compared to what other players were getting away with (what did Scheifele get for trying to kill somebody? Not an 8 game suspension)

8 games was long, but a suspension still warranted. His reputation and history definitely made it longer even if they say it didn’t. He’s not in the same book as the goons from the 00’s, but he’s about as close as you get to repeat offender in the last decade. This is why I’m saying he needs to really put in the work to get rid of the rep. Once you have it, it really sticks.

Scheifele definitely should have gotten 10 games easy.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
kind of upset the capitals won a game. don't ruin this for the panthers you losers. no one wants you to win

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

That was vintage 2018 Cup winning run Caps hockey, holy poo poo what a fantastic third period! Keep that poo poo up Vanacek!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Knock on wood, but if Bobrovsky plays that well the entire series, I think the Panthers should be alright. The offense should wake up at some point. Hopefully. Maybe. I wish.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
yea the caps played like, the best game they could. And it was still close. They will not be that good the whole series.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

e: Not the GDT

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

yea the caps played like, the best game they could. And it was still close. They will not be that good the whole series.

For what it’s worth, the fancy stats are not kind to Florida

https://twitter.com/MoneyPuckdotcom/status/1521673051489943552?s=20&t=mXlWsfg4ZoehAC_1yb6uRg

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Pungry posted:

Knock on wood, but if Bobrovsky plays that well the entire series, I think the Panthers should be alright. The offense should wake up at some point. Hopefully. Maybe. I wish.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

And while it's something of a cliché to complain about the officials, they weren't great early in the game and it went against the Panthers, throwing them off and leading to the first Washington goal. The whole sequence where Marchment got pulled down and the refs seemingly sent him to the box was kinda symbolic of it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol NY/Pitt game still going on and I get to go to bed instead. Enjoy the cocaine helicopter jump double overtime, kinda glad the Caps are playing Florida right now.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Cartoon Man posted:

Lol NY/Pitt game still going on and I get to go to bed instead. Enjoy the cocaine helicopter jump double overtime, kinda glad the Caps are playing Florida right now.

It's dope and I'm rolling around like a mad lad

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I mean they were fine, but honestly Florida just took a dump on the ice. Weegar and Ekblad sucked and Barkov/Huberdeau looked timid as hell.

I expect Florida to be better but I could see Bob playing worse. He was actually really good tonight.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I was really hoping having Ekblad back would help Weegs get out of his rut, but it seems that hasn’t been the case. Frustrating, but Thursday is another day.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
if florida doesn't win in 5 i will tattoo a rhinoceros on my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

fartknocker posted:

The whole sequence where Marchment got pulled down and the refs seemingly sent him to the box was kinda symbolic of it.

are you talking about this play

https://twitter.com/hockeykot/status/1521656315688464386?s=21&t=2ooPozwoYLY8lW9RrpGW6g