Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/MollieeWalkerr/status/1521685992549371905

This is his first playoff game too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

My son’s name is also Gump

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
nice to see gumper get a shout out in 2022

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
What an insane game. I'm exhausted after that.

Sorry RAS. That would have been a gut punch for either team to lose.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
What a freaking bonkers insane game.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Half of me is just happy the Rangers made the playoffs and its already a successful season. Half of me is heartbroken and furious right now.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
79 saves lol

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
The AHL record is even more insane. 5OTs, 94 saves.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Honestly its Rangers.txt to lose to not one, but 2 backup goalies.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

loving sucks but on the bright side the 2nd period for NYR was scary bad and then they turned around and put up an amazing fight for 4 more periods. Shesty is going to go Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan for the rest of this series after that ordeal. Not worried.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Louis Domingue with 17 saves :11tea:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

WeaponX posted:

loving sucks but on the bright side the 2nd period for NYR was scary bad and then they turned around and put up an amazing fight for 4 more periods. Shesty is going to go Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan for the rest of this series after that ordeal. Not worried.

It's extremely difficult to imagine him playing even better and the sustainability even less. He was excellent though and all he needs to do is outlast the Pens goalie. Which fortunately was up to standard tonight..

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Also change the thread title to 'Spicy Pork and Broccoli'

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

rex rabidorum vires posted:

It's extremely difficult to imagine him playing even better and the sustainability even less. He was excellent though and all he needs to do is outlast the Pens goalie. Which fortunately was up to standard tonight..

Start imaging it

Turbo Jesus
Mar 17, 2007

Pop that tarp off.

God I love Geno

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Markstrom vs Domingue SCF while Jim Benning rubs one out

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Seems good.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
I gotta say, I loving missed Sutters post game interviews, he won 1-0 and he is just being antagonistic to these dumb questions

Eric Francis: Matthew Tkachuk getting involved with Raffl there, is that something you’d rather not see?

Sutter: I rather would see it. It’s the playoffs, Eric.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

The Dirty Burger posted:

I gotta say, I loving missed Sutters post game interviews, he won 1-0 and he is just being antagonistic to these dumb questions

Eric Francis: Matthew Tkachuk getting involved with Raffl there, is that something you’d rather not see?

Sutter: I rather would see it. It’s the playoffs, Eric.

Sutter is back baby:

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Pens-Rangers real fun. playoffs fun. should be an entertaining series. forgot how much I like playoff hockey when your team is in it.

both teams looked way too gassed for a loving game 1, even if it did go to triple OT.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Pens-Rangers game was unbelievable and Shesterkin stood on his head, but Crosby Malkin and Letang man…they can still turn it on in the playoffs, so fun to watch. Malkin especially looked electric tonight, his assist on the Rust goal was nasty

Kaapo Kakko needs to keep playing like he did tonight too, even though Chytil’s goal got disallowed that was a great move using his size to take the puck to the net Kreider style

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 4, 2022

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
malkin looked like a slow old bitch on the one shift i saw him aside from the ot winner

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County
https://twitter.com/JhanHky/status/1521661804941922305?s=20&t=txL60i1T-GpDLh449UDKDQ
https://twitter.com/domluszczyszyn/status/1521694675207401474?s=20&t=HWUzzkB97b6TNSrG0pLmgw
Hmm...

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

I noticed Gallant doing that and was kind of confused why the Reaves line kept going out against Guentzel-Crosby-Rust.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Turbo Jesus posted:

God I love Geno

It takes a lot for an NHL interview question to stand out at stupid, well done

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

To continue a prior conversation, there were a shitload of penalties called through the first game of the playoffs. However, Toronto's 5-0, St Louis 4-0, Colorado's 7-2 and Calgary's 1-0 wins were the most penalty filled games. At the other end of the spectrum, there were only 5 penalties called in Pittsburgh's triple overtime win, with none occurring after the second period.

Simplex fucked around with this message at 10:53 on May 4, 2022

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

The refs got the memo

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
In a 1 - 0 game, the Stars last shot on net was at 9:15 of the third period... Sutter hockey baby.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Misanthrope posted:

In a 1 - 0 game, the Stars last shot on net was at 9:15 of the third period... Sutter hockey baby.

Also Bowness hockey baby

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeah that game was a snooze fest. Couple with a late loving starts and hooboy.

Stars in 5.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Someone was gonna have to die for a penalty to be called during OT

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

Mind_Taker posted:

Also Bowness hockey baby

Yeah that too... 10 even strength shots on net and at least 2 of them were dump ins from center.

Yikes.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Someone was gonna have to die for a penalty to be called during OT

There was definitely stuff that could have been called, but I don't really remember anything super egregious even in terms of interference or tired players getting tripped. That said with all that energy expenditure Thursday's game going to be interesting.

The ice time breakdown on both teams makes for interesting reading too. Letang logged nearly 47 minutes, but the rest of the ice time is pretty evenly spread out over the rest of the D core though Pettersson the low man with 26:30. On New York's side Fox and Miller were 44:30 with Trouba coming in at 42:30. Being down Lindgren though definitely messes with that some. At 5s it seems like Sullivan spread the time amongst his top 3 lines a bit more with Rakell being in concussion land and Boyle being a disaster on the ice. Hope maybe O'Conner can get in for Thursday if only to provide some fresh legs....though I guess with Rakell banished to the dark someone has to come into the lineup and I don't see Boyle coming out. Also think Carter looked questionable to start, but when E Rod got on that line it looked much better.

The Dirty Burger posted:

Kaapo Kakko needs to keep playing like he did tonight too, even though Chytil’s goal got disallowed that was a great move using his size to take the puck to the net Kreider style

Their line played some of the least too with 20 minutes each and I'm glad of it, 'cause they looked dangerous every time they were out there. Spreadsheet mostly says otherwise, but outside of Panarin/Strome/Copp everyone got murdered on the spreadsheet so :shrug: .

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

The Dirty Burger posted:

It really sucks that he was injured so much this year because the kid flashed a ton of talent. He's a bull on the puck.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Chytil always looks good when he plays the Pens. Kind of a bull on the puck.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Michael Bunting gonna play tonight, will be interesting to see if Keefe goes back to the usual lines or keeps some of them in place considering how game 1 went. Either way someone’s gonna get bumped to the 4th line and it better not be Engvall.

Also apparently Nylander had food poisoning and was puking his guts out the day of game 1, making it even funnier that he got behind Tampa’s D multiple times.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
well guess the flames are taking it all sorry everyone

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

yea the caps played like, the best game they could. And it was still close. They will not be that good the whole series.

The Caps have a real shot honestly. A lot depends on how Florida adjusts to Washington playing conservative and trapping the gently caress out of the neutral zone. The Cats didn't get a lot of clean entries or looks and the Caps are clearly capable of being opportunistic in the counterattack.

But yeah, not every game is going to start with a 5 on 3 so.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
With any luck this is the end of Bowness. Please god remember what an offense looks like, Stars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Mind_Taker posted:

Also Bowness hockey baby

no the bonus hockey was in Rangers-Penguins last night, please try to keep up