Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I kind of pride myself on keeping the *crack ping*s to a minimum, but these last few days have been rather *crack ping*y.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

My local bodega invented taquitos using an r&d tax credit

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Special ed kids definitely won't be next.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

who's the girl?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

mcmagic posted:

They are going to kill the filibuster and do a national abortion ban in 2025.

Yep.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Ham Equity posted:

Special ed kids definitely won't be next.

Just throw em in a dark room and throw away the key so nobody has to think about them anymore.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Just throw em in a dark room and throw away the key so nobody has to think about them anymore.

Given things like Medicaid funding of caregiving I feel like there's a lot of room for public/private partnership grift for special ed. A dark room just wouldn't be as profitable.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Gripweed posted:

who's the girl?

Irving

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol waiting until 2025

https://twitter.com/statesman/status/1522018267208069120?s=21&t=bXSDb9fIsVEQQOituO3QlQ

lmao

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

I'm not that worried, Joe Biden will make the republicans come to their senses and reach across the aisle 😀

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

:d2a:

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Complications posted:

Given things like Medicaid funding of caregiving I feel like there's a lot of room for public/private partnership grift for special ed. A dark room just wouldn't be as profitable.

I’m sure there’s some bright minds at McKinsey working on that conundrum as we speak.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

are they killing public education? lmao

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1521986821256884230

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Complications posted:

You bill for a comprehensive, holistic, individually-designed special education program with one-on-one instruction.

But in practice, you stick them in a dark room.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

"Vote for Joe Biden" -- Eli Valley

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

bi crimes posted:

yes, but specifically in this case only for non-white children

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Nastier Nate posted:

yes, but specifically in this case only for non-white children

Initially, only for non-white children.

Give them time, they'll get there.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the Democrats think the GOP is willing to do a coup to overrule an election, but is also unwilling to overrule the parliamentarian if they had the majority

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Ham Equity posted:

You bill for a comprehensive, holistic, individually-designed special education program with one-on-one instruction.

But in practice, you stick them in a dark room.

If they're alone in the dark there'd be liability on the company if things happened. No, you'll want a teacher (credentials optional) responsible for 60 students with a curriculum with consultant approved elements for the class put together via an interview with a councilor who takes about fifteen minutes per person to put together the comprehensive learning package. That way it's the teacher's fault if anything goes wrong. Or the councilors for picking the wrong elements.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
This get posted yet?

Secretary of State Antony Blinken tests positive for COVID-19, State Department says.

lol

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tba__KTKPTc

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

bi crimes posted:

This has been a low-key bipartisan project for a long time. Hillary Clinton talked about public-private partnerships in like 1992, before the concept of a "charter school" existed. The department of education is still somehow funded by billions of dollars nationally and what a waste right? That money would be much better spent on political favors and sinecures as well politically connected entrepreneurs. Let's disrupt public education so that we can innovate in that space. Also teachers are paid too much, and have too much job security, the private sector is much more efficient.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

the Democrats think the GOP is willing to do a coup to overrule an election, but is also unwilling to overrule the parliamentarian if they had the majority

Didn't the Republicans literally fire the last parliamentarian who defied them?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Nichael posted:

"Vote for Joe Biden" -- Eli Valley

The pig-headed coward is right though.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

docbeard posted:

The republicans are a real political party with real goals so of course they did, why wouldn't you?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

This has been a low-key bipartisan project for a long time. Hillary Clinton talked about public-private partnerships in like 1992, before the concept of a "charter school" existed. The department of education is still somehow funded by billions of dollars nationally and what a waste right? That money would be much better spent on political favors and sinecures as well politically connected entrepreneurs. Let's disrupt public education so that we can innovate in that space. Also teachers are paid too much, and have too much job security, the private sector is much more efficient.
I read Democracy in Chains a while back and I'm forgetting most tbh, but I remember it details how the dismantlement of public education was one of the biggest long term goals for the Kochs and their pals.

docbeard posted:

yes

Clip-On Fedora posted:

The pig-headed coward is right though.

Eli's comics are good, and I probably resent his stupid vote blue stuff in 2020 less than most, but it's still annoying during weeks like this one.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

docbeard posted:

Only if by literally you mean “they did exactly that.” I believe there’s a number of “well actuallies” that can be twisted with carefully parsed wording to argue that they did not, if you’re so inclined

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ive had to endure greg loving abbots face like eight times in the last two pages jesus christ

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Every time I think of anonymous, I think of when they tried to gently caress with the drug cartels, just to immediately back down when the drug cartels threatened to massacre civilians if they acted.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

i am harry posted:

ive had to endure greg loving abbots face like eight times in the last two pages jesus christ

Enjoy the relative lack of abbot while it lasts. Gonna be a lot more than that when he’s Trump’s next Vice President

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nichael posted:

I kind of pride myself on keeping the *crack ping*s to a minimum, but these last few days have been rather *crack ping*y.

we are surrounded by horrors, the content is excellent. :rubby:

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

i am harry posted:

Speaking of Mr. Potter:

https://twitter.com/sawyerhackett/status/1496552139136585730

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

this greg abbott guy seems like a real jerk. I hope the dems have a capable candidate that can defeat him!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nichael posted:

this greg abbott guy seems like a real jerk. I hope the dems have a capable candidate that can defeat him!

I hear they have an ex troop that thinks Trump is dangerously liberal and is polling in the low 20s.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Is anyone going to stand up to Abbot??

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Nichael posted:

They did, but then Matthew McConaughey changed his mind about running :smith:

Oh wait, you said the dems!

Nevermind.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
anonymous shouldve teamed up with the drug cartels smdh

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth