Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nu carnival gaming in the house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

personally I'm much more afraid of real gamers than of fake ones

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
You could perhaps more easily argue that VNs are bad games, or insipid games. Not to say I'm saying that. But to argue that they aren't games at all is much more difficult

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

If they give the gamer title to anyone and everyone it'll dilute the prestige of my gamer title

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kild posted:

If they give the gamer title to anyone and everyone it'll dilute the prestige of my gamer title

Well too bad, everybody plays games from the very young to the very old, in a broad sense all humans are gamers.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
We're all players in the game of life

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

if it's good who cares what it is!!! gently caress!!!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

marumaru posted:

read houseki no kuni

this + also play Disco Elysium since Larry reminded me i need to finish it. farewell

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Gaming.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

animeing

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Hardcore unprotected and uncensored anime watching

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i wasnt too sure about the introduction of False Gamer in the new fate strange fake volume, but if narita wants to keep adding characters i believe in him

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

why does the gj-bu op sound like such rear end

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i dont remember the op of that one but it had several good eds

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

dogsicle posted:

why does the gj-bu op sound like such rear end

I haven't watched the show, but the op almost feels like a parody going by the lyrics, so maybe it's intentionally not great, like the daily lives of high school boys ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJkVwyZOzlI

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that song is good though

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I saw a bunch of new posts in the chat thread and feared the worst, but nobody has melted down. So keep up the good work everybody

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

nu carnival gaming in the house

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Julias posted:

I haven't watched the show, but the op almost feels like a parody going by the lyrics, so maybe it's intentionally not great, like the daily lives of high school boys ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJkVwyZOzlI

this song was good

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah after reacquainting myself i think its just a dud OP

heres where all the juice went to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amn2Ch9nlJY

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
higurashi itself has a whole bonus scene where they discuss what makes a vn without any choices a game and bring up the idea that mystery novels themselves are a form of game because the player is challenged to engage with the act of mystery solving themself, so by extension mystery vns with or without choices count as a game

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

all gamers are real gamers

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

StandardVC10 posted:

I saw a bunch of new posts in the chat thread and feared the worst, but nobody has melted down. So keep up the good work everybody
may is only beginning

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I really wish it had the weird combo system from Project X Zone. That would make combat more fun.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

StandardVC10 posted:

Give me time, I'm not even close to my final form:ssj:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

mycophobia posted:

You could perhaps more easily argue that VNs are bad games, or insipid games. Not to say I'm saying that. But to argue that they aren't games at all is much more difficult

Well you got the choice between either Larry is trolling in which case I prefer people who post about things honestly, or he’s being sincere in which case he’s an idiot. Either way VNs are games according to everyone who matters

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Vns are good but too many of them are bad

Modern style games are good but less of them are bad. Simple mathematics.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I am currently playing VA-11 HALL-A, at the moment.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Namtab posted:

Well you got the choice between either Larry is trolling in which case I prefer people who post about things honestly, or he’s being sincere in which case he’s an idiot. Either way VNs are games according to everyone who matters

they're not games

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Clarste posted:

"Click to advance to the next line" is a rule, I suppose.

Arist posted:

They're games because we understand them as games, they're sold as games, they utilize the same audio-visual mediums as games, we interact with them at our own pace like games.
What about NVLs with auto-advance?

manging is better imo

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Dongicus posted:

Vns are good but too many of them are bad

Modern style games are good but less of them are bad. Simple mathematics.

they dont make vns anymore, yeah

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

The Colonel posted:

higurashi itself has a whole bonus scene where they discuss what makes a vn without any choices a game and bring up the idea that mystery novels themselves are a form of game because the player is challenged to engage with the act of mystery solving themself, so by extension mystery vns with or without choices count as a game

ryukishi knows whats up

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

marumaru posted:

Hardcore unprotected and uncensored anime watching

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

manging is better imo

Its true.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The Colonel posted:

The WTC games have always played with this idea. Each installment has a difficulty rating at the start and explicit challenges for the reader to work out at the end

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The phrase "uin-uin" lives rent-free in my head forever because of Oruchuban Ebichu.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

they're not games

Thanks for confirming my post

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

FilthyImp posted:

I really wish it had the weird combo system from Project X Zone. That would make combat more fun.

Well good news, there's SRW Endless Frontier, Endless Frontier EXCEED (fan translation) and DBZ Attack of the Saiyans with the same combat

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i'm a real gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

I am currently playing VA-11 HALL-A, at the moment.

va11halla is so goooooood, i love it