Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

FFT posted:

I've been wanting to run a campaign of all barbarians with a focus on political intrigue for years

Can we multiclass? Cause I've got a Bard/Barbarian character I've wanted to play for years named Kro-Gur whose spells are all Nickleback lyrics

His backstory is that he was never a great warrior so his family tried to get him to try other classes like wizard and rogue, but he never made it as a wise man and he couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing

flavor.flv has a new favorite as of 16:07 on May 5, 2022

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

FFT posted:

I've been wanting to run a campaign of all barbarians with a focus on political intrigue for years

Yesssss. The one Barbarian I ever played I made Charisma her second highest stat and gave her a noble background since she was the princess of a country that happened to highly value physical prowess. Just a big beeftank of a lady that was beloved by her people because she could outfight and outdrink anyone else, and the explicit purpose of her journey was as a diplomatic mission to build good relationships with neighboring countries

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

flavor.flv posted:

Can we multiclass? Cause I've got a Bard/Barbarian character I've wanted to play for years named Kro-Gur whose spells are all Nickleback lyrics

His backstory is that he was never a great warrior so his family tried to get him to try other classes like wizard and rogue, but he never made it as a wise man and he couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing

bard/barbarians end up too overpowered for the campaign, i'm afraid. don't believe me? look at this show-grow graph

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

big plain grass lawns suck, but your dog can't really run around and dig and do dog stuff in a functional vegetable garden.

i have clover instead of grass. well had. my dog doesnt like clover and dug it all up. now i have a dust pit of a back yard and my dog couldnt be happier. except for the every other day baths i have to trick her into by steaming her brocoli

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

A little known fact is that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York.

The ship hit an iceberg and sank and the cargo was forever lost. The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5 and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

this is not the case

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Carbon dioxide posted:

A little known fact is that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York.

The ship hit an iceberg and sank and the cargo was forever lost. The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5 and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

boooo

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

And now you know... The rest, of the story

This is Balls Harvey... Good day!

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

And that ship was Albert Einstein and everyone stood up and clapped.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

flavor.flv posted:

Friend of mine had a bardbarian (as we called it) who took oratory skills so they wouldn't need an instrument to do bardic skills. Since he had to talk to keep his bard powers active, his backstory was he was an insult comic who would make fun of enemies while he fought them.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

flavor.flv posted:

I've been here for fifteen years and that's the meanest thing anybody's ever said to me

it is the cruellest thing I've ever typed

anywhere

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

does it remain functional

Lemme ask hang on

Hey pooch, how's it going over there, everything working out ok? Yeah? Good boy!

Yeah he says it works alright :)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I now have leek where the peaches were, no truffles, and the rest is salad. What a good boy.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Empty Sandwich posted:

it is the cruellest thing I've ever typed

anywhere

You clowns wish you had a fifth of the posting acumen of The Wizard Master!!

I will go full Will Smith on anyone who dares besmirch the good name of that vaunted paragon of posting potency

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Wizard Master posts reprehensible garbage content. Just the way I like it.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

flavor.flv posted:

lawnslawnslawnslawnslawnslawnslawns

I'm sure the science on this is solid, but I can't help but think it's a conspiracy by lazy lawn-havers to make not taking care of their property a highly principled action, because when my wife and I were thinking about buying a house, I kept looking at the lawns and being like "oh, man, spending my Saturdays making sure this doesn't look like crap so that the neighbors don't think I'm trash is going to be novel for, like, a month, at most."

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

mysterious frankie posted:

I'm sure the science on this is solid, but I can't help but think it's a conspiracy by lazy lawn-havers to make not taking care of their property a highly principled action, because when my wife and I were thinking about buying a house, I kept looking at the lawns and being like "oh, man, spending my Saturdays making sure this doesn't look like crap so that the neighbors don't think I'm trash is going to be novel for, like, a month, at most."

The defense of weeds is the real revealing thing, because they will absolutely choke the biodiversity out of your lawn if you don't keep them at least somewhat controlled. Dandelions are not especially friendly to the plants around them

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think we all know that suburbs are no longer an "environment"

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Carbon dioxide posted:

I apparently put this joke on my phone calendar a year ago, set to repeat annually. No regrets.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's a good sentiment, but people with yards are going to have a limited impact even in the best case scenario where all of them are on board

You're missing that the square from Illinois to Ohio is the only important one and stuff like growing your own tomatoes means not having to ship them from southern Mexico, and it's frankly completely insane to live in the gulf region and be buying citrus from Peru, or really any produce besides apples and potatoes.

Like imagine Hawaiians importing pineapples from Thailand. My brother in Christ, your yard eliminates so much insane waste by just planting poo poo you can eat.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

big plain grass lawns suck, but your dog can't really run around and dig and do dog stuff in a functional vegetable garden.

prioritising the two goals of "good garden" and "good dog" is a tricky one but, thankfully, not one that many people will have to worry about because the Landlord Shark will ensure you can never buy property

You can have a great garden and a dog, you just can't have a bad garden and a dog. If you till the soil into long rows like a mini-farm that's a bad garden. It's labour intensive, hurts your back, and gives your dog no place to run. A great garden is high density raised beds fertilised with compost. Raised beds are easier on your back, easier to plant, harvest, weed, and water -- so you don't check out in July and let everything go to pot. Your dog doesn't run through the vegetable garden, he runs around the raised beds and dogs love running around things.

This sort of thing. (not mine) The dog has as much running room as ever, but you're also growing an absolutely ridiculous amount of produce.

Anyway

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

drat horror queefs posted:

You clowns wish you had a fifth of the posting acumen of The Wizard Master!!

I will go full Will Smith on anyone who dares besmirch the good name of that vaunted paragon of posting potency

wizard master is an incredibly powerful poster

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Paladinus posted:

In TYoOL 2022 anyone on the internet should know that it's a myth. The fact is that the flavour is based around one particular compound that is responsible only for part of banana's flavour, and Gros Michel has only marginally more of it, so it's not really a perceptible difference. It's just a very approximate flavour, same as artificial grape.

I used to work in a bagel shop and we used banana flavoring and let me tell you the concentrated stuff probably has an MSDS (I know, everything has one) 'cuz it straight up was hard to breathe around it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Godawful Caca Enjoyer

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Reprehensible Waste Taster

Also, moon moon

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

putrid poop muncher

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Reprehensible content poster.

The Anime Liker posted:

Reprehensible Waste Taster

Also, moon moon

That from Bloodborne you dolt.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXaVmKR_des

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

You can have a great garden and a dog, you just can't have a bad garden and a dog. If you till the soil into long rows like a mini-farm that's a bad garden. It's labour intensive, hurts your back, and gives your dog no place to run. A great garden is high density raised beds fertilised with compost. Raised beds are easier on your back, easier to plant, harvest, weed, and water -- so you don't check out in July and let everything go to pot. Your dog doesn't run through the vegetable garden, he runs around the raised beds and dogs love running around things.

This sort of thing. (not mine) The dog has as much running room as ever, but you're also growing an absolutely ridiculous amount of produce.

Anyway

Whelp time to fire up a blunt and Stardew.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

i got poop poop

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Scholtz posted:

Can you at least consider not posting them in such huge chunks? I don't even dislike all of your memes but every few days you make a gigantic post like this and halfway through I get exhausted.

It doesn't even facilitate a good discussion of the memes themselves because it's also a pain in the rear end to quote your post, and find which of the 30 imgur links is the one that I want to respond to (and then people who don't bother with that and just quote the post as is create a huge quote in their post of all of your memes.)

If I just wanted to read a bunch of memes and no discussion of them/the topics they cover, I'd just go on imgur or reddit.

This is late as gently caress but I had to stop scrolling at the complaint of TOO MANY MEMES in the MEME THREAD. After 3-4 pages of lovely song lyric ad libs. Good lord.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
1 meme per page, thanks.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

The Anime Liker posted:

1 meme per page, thanks.

Fuckin whoa buddy, too rich on the mixture. Pull it back a bit

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I know people were all like "oh bike tory my poor elderly fingers can't scroll through so many memes" but there have been so few memes in the last two pages that yous are getting a double crop of extra lovely memes from me today

RIP in piece the CUM bowl, I checked and UConn have apparently changed their logo

I had to read this one so now all of you do too:

shout out to all the people who were dumb enough to genuinely think like this as a teen (minus the carcinogen joke, even I wasn't that dumb)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ijyt posted:

This is late as gently caress but I had to stop scrolling at the complaint of TOO MANY MEMES in the MEME THREAD. After 3-4 pages of lovely song lyric ad libs. Good lord.

Scholtz posted:

facilitate a good discussion of the memes themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

is this some sort of dark bargain that is immediately voided once he eats a pretzel, accidentally or otherwise? or is it his mansion so long as he doesn't succumb to the temptation to eat a warm, pillowy, salt-encrusted p r e t z e l