Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dog Case posted:

That's the freedom to roam stuff I was talking about.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_to_roam

Not here though! My ancestors bought this land from the government that stole it fair and square. I'm not using it for anything, and you'd better not either. Maybe if we vote really hard somebody can push something through that allows it as long as you don't leave your car

lol like cops won't gently caress with people living in their cars. A real OPTIMIST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Dog Case posted:

Sometimes the beach is a highway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR-SlPWWDrA

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

but where do you park??

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dog Case posted:

That's the freedom to roam stuff I was talking about.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_to_roam

Not here though! My ancestors bought this land from the government that stole it fair and square. I'm not using it for anything, and you'd better not either. Maybe if we vote really hard somebody can push something through that allows it as long as you don't leave your car

back in the days of cattle rustlers i guess it made sense. welp, laws are set no way to change them :downsa:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

that's nothing, in sweden there's a law that says everyone has the right to go anywhere except within 75 yards of a house that is being occupied. "owning land," in sweden, does not give you the right to stop people from entering it, camping on it, fishing from it, whatever.
drat that's incredible

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

This rules go mexico city a shining light in the world

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Maine has the great ponds and lakes act that says landowners cannot prohibit access (by foot) to any body of water over 10 acres regardless of how it's posted.

Here in CT, i have state forest across the road from my house and my neighbor uses their Comcast company car to block the access road because the first 300 feet of the road they use as their driveway.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

500excf type r posted:

Maine has the great ponds and lakes act that says landowners cannot prohibit access (by foot) to any body of water over 10 acres regardless of how it's posted.

Here in CT, i have state forest across the road from my house and my neighbor uses their Comcast company car to block the access road because the first 300 feet of the road they use as their driveway.

That seems insanely illegal but it's CT which I assume is people who don't live in NYC because of you know who so they just get to do what they want.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

most of florida beaches are public but if they aren't there is still a sliver of all coast that is considered public. not really sure what the point of it is to be honest.

having access to basically every beach is real nice though, and there are no fences dividing them up so you can just walk the entire length of any beach for miles. i can definitely imagine a world where everything is parceled out to the rich fuckers who never use their property yet pay a guard to keep people out.

thank god you can't drive on most beaches like they could in the 80s (unless you are a cop). unfortunately there are a still a few beaches where you get some real cursed rear end poo poo

Norton has issued a correction as of 13:55 on May 6, 2022

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

lmaooo

phenomenonalflorida.com indeed

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
They just moved in last summer and no one has challenged it officially. The road is old, (I personally think it was originally part of the east west native trail that ran through here). 1715 or so the first white people came down it widened it and built houses. About 60 years ago it was decommissioned and the boundary lines were moved to the centerline of the road and the abutting owners got the land.

So they do own half of the road but the other half is state forest so... Lol

The weather is nice now and in going to start riding my bicycle along the road into the forest and start tweeting Comcast asking why they keep blocking the access if and when I encounter it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Delaware allows people to drive on the state beaches if they have a special permit for surf fishing. Just people driving their trucks to the edge of the waves and fishing out of the bed while they drink lightly concealed beers all day.

And Delaware loves the bicycle. The state sport of Delaware is cycling.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

omg datyona beach 1976

what the gently caress haha

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

lets go to yosemite and see nature's beauty

ahh perfect

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

500excf type r posted:

The weather is nice now and in going to start riding my bicycle along the road into the forest and start tweeting Comcast asking why they keep blocking the access if and when I encounter it

:lol: that’s actually probably the fastest way to put a stop to it.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Oolb posted:

I think we should ban cars and force people to be self-sufficient. After all, if you can't make-do without a CAR you're basically a tiny-little weak un-masculine bitch baby who probably deserves to loving DIE. I think this is reasonable, because this is essentially the gist of America's social policy towards like 90% of it's population anyways.

warning. car brain detected inside the thread

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PeterCat posted:

My wife and I had a very small wedding and spent the money we had saved up for a honeymoon in Italy.

Mama mia!

Apr 7, 2003

Oolb posted:

I think we should ban cars and force people to be self-sufficient. After all, if you can't make-do without a CAR you're basically a tiny-little weak un-masculine bitch baby who probably deserves to loving DIE. I think this is reasonable, because this is essentially the gist of America's social policy towards like 90% of it's population anyways.

Our modern car-centric development policies have only been a thing since WW2 ended and there are living Americans who remember a time when even small cities had comprehensive public transit.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Ham Equity posted:

Can't take away her loving drivers license, though:
Wow that's egregious. You can't even own a gun if your a felon, but apparently it's a lot harder to lose your driver license.

Awesome.

Oolb posted:

For a lot of Americans, freedom and their identity boils down to consumer choice. I buy this thing so I feel like manly Amurican. I can buy a dozen different mayonnaise at the grocery store. Look at all the freedom I have!

Car brained conservatives mostly opine about the freedom driving a car gives them opposed to a bus or train. But they mistake freedom for the convenience of immediately driving to their destination. But a car doesn't offer you any freedom. It's a big, expensive, complicated machine. You can barely maintain it yourself unless the manufacturer added DRM to the car, then you can't maintain it at all. You buy that machine, then you are beholden to the manufacturer for more expensive parts for repairs, the oil companies own your rear end to run it, and then you have to pay tens of thousands of dollars to own it. Don't even think about the taxes going to highways or dangerous streets forcing you to drive. And all this for the convenience of a quick drive as long as their isn't traffic. The car is a trap. A shackle. For the hours you work to pay all of that, you can walk.

Apr 7, 2003

I appreciate the big paragraph about how cars suck, all you really need to do is spend an hour in your car to go six miles in normal traffic when you’re not used to doing that, it really makes me want to kill myself.

I could not imagine spending three hours a day of my life, every day, sitting in traffic. What a loving waste. Imagine retiring and realizing at 65 years old that you’ve spent four years of your life just sitting in your car driving to and from work.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Norton posted:

lets go to yosemite and see nature's beauty

ahh perfect

lmao

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Car brained conservatives mostly opine about the freedom driving a car gives them opposed to a bus or train. But they mistake freedom for the convenience of immediately driving to their destination. But a car doesn't offer you any freedom. It's a big, expensive, complicated machine. You can barely maintain it yourself unless the manufacturer added DRM to the car, then you can't maintain it at all. You buy that machine, then you are beholden to the manufacturer for more expensive parts for repairs, the oil companies own your rear end to run it, and then you have to pay tens of thousands of dollars to own it. Don't even think about the taxes going to highways or dangerous streets forcing you to drive. And all this for the convenience of a quick drive as long as their isn't traffic. The car is a trap. A shackle. For the hours you work to pay all of that, you can walk.

yeah walking is cool if you are close, for everything else US city layouts demand a car

also walking in many places will result in you getting killed by a car

Apr 7, 2003

actionjackson posted:

yeah walking is cool if you are close, for everything else US city layouts demand a car

Believe it or not, the built environment is not ordained by god and human beings can invest in changing it.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Believe it or not, the built environment is not ordained by god and human beings can invest in changing it.

yes but what about Americans

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

500excf type r posted:

They just moved in last summer and no one has challenged it officially. The road is old, (I personally think it was originally part of the east west native trail that ran through here). 1715 or so the first white people came down it widened it and built houses. About 60 years ago it was decommissioned and the boundary lines were moved to the centerline of the road and the abutting owners got the land.

So they do own half of the road but the other half is state forest so... Lol

DEEP would probably love to tell these people to go gently caress themselves. I'd contact them before Comcast.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

On a park trail this morning I passed a very old man on an eMTB. Go get em, old man.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I appreciate the big paragraph about how cars suck, all you really need to do is spend an hour in your car to go six miles in normal traffic when you’re not used to doing that, it really makes me want to kill myself.

I could not imagine spending three hours a day of my life, every day, sitting in traffic. What a loving waste. Imagine retiring and realizing at 65 years old that you’ve spent four years of your life just sitting in your car driving to and from work.

I did this for about a year, not the sitting in traffic part but the driving 2.5 hours each way to work part as a 20 something. Never again. in my defense, the town I drove from had long since lost nearly all of its industry.

Pitts related, miles long traffic jams through the squirrel hill tunnel on game days!

Apr 7, 2003

I live just south of the Liberty Tunnels and the traffic jams are just all day all the time now.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

but where do you park??

Face down in the danube I hope

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Oolb posted:

Pathetic & feeble post. Begone, wormlet.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

actionjackson posted:

also walking in many places will result in you getting killed by a car

Sell your posting machine to buy a chariot for your large dogs to pull.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Cat Puke posted:

Sell your posting machine to buy a chariot for your large dogs to pull.

that would be a good idea if it was like, a working dog

not a do nothing dog

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Fitzy Fitz posted:

DEEP would probably love to tell these people to go gently caress themselves. I'd contact them before Comcast.

I don't like getting the government involved on my neighbors because I don't want the favor returned to me but if it gets escalated then absolutely DEEP. The forester for this area retired last year and the position hasn't been filled officially yet. I assume that once s/he verifies the boundary markers the first time then the situation will be resolved pretty quick.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Yea people who do this should at the minimum lose their right to vote.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I'm gonna walk to the grocery store brb

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Yea people who do this should at the minimum lose their right to vote.

uh

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
This page sucks. Post Strøget

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Norton posted:

omg datyona beach 1976

what the gently caress haha

yeah before daytona speedway was built in 1959 the daytona 500 was held on the beach

half on the beach half on the highway that runs parallel

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Probably more interesting race to be fair. And at least it was temporary and you didn't have pedestrians sharing the "road" with cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

drive the cars into the ocean