Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Codependent Poster posted:

Pretty sure if you're a master of the mystic arts you have a lot of ways to magically gain some cash.

I would imagine he's got savings from being a famous surgeon, and possessions he probably sold off for extra cash

vvvvvv e: oh, right :doh:

Ignis fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ignis posted:

I would imagine he's got savings from being a famous surgeon, and possessions he probably sold off for extra cash

In the first movie he wipes out his savings trying to get his hands fixed

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I’m pretty sure the fancy portal rings go to places like “inside an ATM” and such

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Dr Strange talk:

That 4th wall break from Wanda when she first dreamwalked made me gasp, lol. Elizabeth Olsen did so good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My MCU show list

1. Moon Knight

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Cage Kicker posted:

I’m pretty sure the fancy portal rings go to places like “inside an ATM” and such

Tons of legal ways to monetize a sling ring. Normal-rear end plane tickets are hundreds or thousands a seat; what would you pay to avoid flying Delta?

Strange and Wong just have to get into Ayahuasca ceremonies for crypto bros. Knock out their astral form for a few minutes, charge $100k for the experience. Set up a camp at Burning Man and they could be rolling in Ether for anything they needed the rest of the year.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Xealot posted:

Tons of legal ways to monetize a sling ring. Normal-rear end plane tickets are hundreds or thousands a seat; what would you pay to avoid flying Delta?

Strange and Wong just have to get into Ayahuasca ceremonies for crypto bros. Knock out their astral form for a few minutes, charge $100k for the experience. Set up a camp at Burning Man and they could be rolling in Ether for anything they needed the rest of the year.

I was just thinking he could start a construction vehicle company and rent himself out as a bulldozer, dumptruck, excavator etc. "Sorry bob, you want me to help you knock down that condo i'm gonna have to charge you for the wrecking ball fee"

Make good money AND improve local infrastructure!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gangringo posted:

Dr. Strange 3D trip report: Didn't blow me away aside from one or two scenes. It didn't ruin the movie either, it was plenty bright and well mastered. There's a lot less reality bending fractal world stuff than the first movie.

Thanks for the update. I'll probably just go for a normal, 2D screening Monday, when it's a bit quieter. The regular screens in a non-3D option cinema have recliner seats, and they're plush enough to be the better option if the 3D ain't a major selling point on it's own.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Anita Dickinme posted:

No, don't you see. To be a hero, a character must have a penis pickle even if it's a really tiny one.

FTFY

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

TinTower posted:

Also, the LGBT representation is still a bit “we can cut this out if you want, oh mighty censor board”. America Chavez isn’t explicitly gay (but she wears a pride pin on her jacket), and her two moms are only in one scene.

She also has Amor Est Amor stitched into her jacket in a closeup. But yeah also pretty edit-outable unfortunately.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

dingo with a joint posted:

I love pickles, but live in a country that doesn't even recognise pickles as existing. So from the sound of it, I live in this thread's idea of either heaven or hell, depending.

1. Wandavision
2. Loki
3. Moon Knight
^ These are the only MCU+ shows that I really go into, in roughly that order of get-into-ness. All three had me wildly discussing theories with my friends and salivating for the next episode, even when some of those episodes weren't always so hot.

4. Hawkeye
5. What If
^ There were some bits I liked in both of these shows, but overall they disappointed me and I kinda want my hours back.

6. F&WS
^ Plenty of good ideas on paper, but they were realised so mediocrely that one almost feels insulted by it. What a waste. Definitely want my hours back for this one. Get on it, Strange.

Ironic since I did like F&WS the most for the politics of the series that it was the main reason I subscribed to Disney+ in the first place was to watch F&WS

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
Strange Talk: Was a hell of a weird thing to watch after Picard and Strange New Worlds earlier in the day.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Lammasu posted:

Seriously though, Feige must have balls so massive they are singularities to bring back Anson Mount

what Mount?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Strange chat: Sorry Wanda fans but there ain't no coming back from that. Girl's a mass murderer.

Holy poo poo Black Bolt

Holy poo poo Mr Fantastic!

HOLY poo poo CHARLIZE THERON :swoon:

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Goffer posted:

Weird question, did Mark actually need Konshu to come back to life? It seemed like he basically did it himself. The Konshu powers did get the bullets out, sure, but all the getting out of the reeds and sands and getting through the gates of the afterlife was all Marc.

I actually took it to be Osiris that brought Mark back to life: Osiris’s avatar seemed to expend some last bit of effort before he died and Tawaret says something like “Thank you, Osiris” when she punches the boat through the sand wave to clear the way for Mark. It makes more sense from an Egyptian mythology perspective as well.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
She shouts "Osiris, you old softy" if I recall. I wasn't really clear on what Osiris actually did there though. Tarewet was the one with responsibility for the boat, so it was there by her will entirely and not his, presumably. Was it just that he opened the gates at all? Also, this is the first I'm realizing that the guy who died in Layla's arms was Osiris' avatar. There was presumably something in the episodes to say/show it, but if there was, it slipped my radar; either because I didn't notice, or I just immediately forgot.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lammasu posted:

What does Dr. Strange do for money? In the first movie they explicitly state that he's broke but he seems to be doing pretty well for himself now.

I bet he does a lot of consulting. People probably dig up magical artifacts all the time and they hire him to go "yea don't get blood on that, it will summon a bunch of demons"

Plus he still has his medical knowlage, he can come into Medical Schools and give lectures about brain surgery or whatever. In his Dr Strange outfit.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

twistedmentat posted:

I bet he does a lot of consulting. People probably dig up magical artifacts all the time and they hire him to go "yea don't get blood on that, it will summon a bunch of demons"

Plus he still has his medical knowlage, he can come into Medical Schools and give lectures about brain surgery or whatever. In his Dr Strange outfit.

He's also in a great position to run the world's greatest import/export business. Even if he's not slingringing a few trucks of coke across oceans with a circle of his hands, there's still plenty of legal ways instant transportation would could make someone megarich.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

tsob posted:

She shouts "Osiris, you old softy" if I recall. I wasn't really clear on what Osiris actually did there though. Tarewet was the one with responsibility for the boat, so it was there by her will entirely and not his, presumably. Was it just that he opened the gates at all? Also, this is the first I'm realizing that the guy who died in Layla's arms was Osiris' avatar. There was presumably something in the episodes to say/show it, but if there was, it slipped my radar; either because I didn't notice, or I just immediately forgot.

I took it to be that Osiris opened the doors/gates, deciding that Marc and Steven had earned passage back to the world of the living, and that's what she was talking about.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

thrawn527 posted:

I took it to be that Osiris opened the doors/gates, deciding that Marc and Steven had earned passage back to the world of the living, and that's what she was talking about.

This is my understanding as well. By his actions in the show, this Osiris seems to be kind of a dick, at least to Khonshu, but when the chips are down he's on the right side. Note that he also told Layla how to free Khonshu and save Marc, and then how to re-bind Ammit.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Being a dick to Khonshu seems like a totally reasonable thing to do, hard to fault Osiris for that after watching the show in full.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Dr Strange movie was good. It once again wasn't what youtuber hypefolks said it would be, which is my fault for watching that poo poo.

Sam raimi is good. I like how much color Wanda's face has in all the close-ups, not washed out in a purple filter like in all the Avengers films, and I think that's probably a Raimi choice.

This is a dr strange spoiler:

Hiagin thereagarr lmfao

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Interesting bit of trivia I've been reading from interviews with the cast: Scarlet Scarab was planned to be the avatar of Isis, and her suit was designed with that in mind. They changed her patron to Tawaret fairly late, after the costume was already made, when everyone involved decided that they liked Tawaret and wanted to keep her around, while also needing to avoid introduce yet another character so late in the show. Layla's actress joked that Tawaret might have a cool new idea for her costume if the character returns.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

(Moon Knight spoilers) if they do that, I hope its the same costume, they just add the little flippy hippo ears.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Not nearly enough discussion of the best scene in the entire show: Jake just angrily kicking that empty wheelchair.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Maybe it was just the reference but Doctor Strange reminded me of the old X-Men cartoon in how it was some brand new character running to the hero for help with a humongous problem. That and Raimi's finger prints being all over made it feel unique.

live with fruit fucked around with this message at 07:55 on May 7, 2022

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Kill All Cops posted:

its cool until you write in an Egyptian child asking about the ethnicity and nationality of a debuting Egyptian hero who just saved her life in Egypt. Then it's just shallow

Tell us more stupid white man

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Mentioning anything other than straight white men is pandering and politics and I will not have it in my MCU!

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Cythereal posted:

Interesting bit of trivia I've been reading from interviews with the cast: Scarlet Scarab was planned to be the avatar of Isis, and her suit was designed with that in mind. They changed her patron to Tawaret fairly late, after the costume was already made, when everyone involved decided that they liked Tawaret and wanted to keep her around, while also needing to avoid introduce yet another character so late in the show. Layla's actress joked that Tawaret might have a cool new idea for her costume if the character returns.

Haha I was hearing complaints that the outfit was insufficiently "hippo-y". I pointed out MK's lacks any bird motif but more fool I!
I would absolutely watch a Layla show, 90% for Taweret.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Test Pattern posted:

Haha I was hearing complaints that the outfit was insufficiently "hippo-y". I pointed out MK's lacks any bird motif but more fool I!
I would absolutely watch a Layla show, 90% for Taweret.

Maybe Layla some reruns of the old 70s Isis show and took that as inspiration for her costume. Taweret seems like she'd be cool with whatever costume Layla wants.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

live with fruit posted:

I wish they had included a scene with Steven and his newfound confidence telling his boss off a la the end of Last Action Hero.

I would watch six season 2 episodes that's just six episodes straight of Marc openly making GBS threads on all of the museum co-workers to like House levels of obnoxiousness and then seamlessly switching to Steven being the absolute most god-tier customer service/tour guide person on earth whenever other people are around. All of the action is just them waking up in the morning and seeing on the news whatever crazy poo poo they got up to as Jake.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Moon Knight had so many nighttime fight scenes that I felt personally attacked for having a lovely TV. I assume cool stuff happened in those fight scenes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

smoobles posted:

Moon Knight had so many nighttime fight scenes

It's in the name tbf

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

smoobles posted:

Moon Knight had so many nighttime fight scenes that I felt personally attacked for having a lovely TV. I assume cool stuff happened in those fight scenes.

Rarity posted:

It's in the name tbf

You gotta to pay the Taweret toll, if you want the Knight's hole.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Everyone posted:

Maybe Layla some reruns of the old 70s Isis show and took that as inspiration for her costume. Taweret seems like she'd be cool with whatever costume Layla wants.

Just after Layla accepts the avatar position Taweret says something like "I have such a great idea for a costume! :buddy:" and I can totally see her as having mentally workshopped this super dope costume for any future avatar, maybe sketched it out sometimes when she was bored waiting for souls, and sure it isn't like, hippo themed, and maybe it doesn't need to have wings and swords, but she likes them and darn it her avatar looks cool.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

smoobles posted:

Moon Knight had so many nighttime fight scenes
For the last fight Khonshu specifically changes the day to night so Marc can do his stuff.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Moon Knight isn't skull bird themed, it didn't seem like a big problem even if her current costume is very Isis inspired.

I really liked seeing Konshu wearing Steven's suit in the end credits scene. As much as he relentlessly complains about Stephen he'll steal his outfit without a second thought.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
His hood had a break and his cape becomes a crescent wing but that's about it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Not going to go into spoilers here, but Multiverse of Madness definitely rewards the people who watched things like Wandavision and 'What If'. I think this is the first movie that has really used the events of an MCU TV show (one or more) in a big way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Just saw Multiverse of Madness and it was one of the best Marvel movies they've made up to this point. I hope the next set of movies are all just as good.