Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

kiimo posted:

he feels like he should have more money than he does and things shouldn't cost so much

Hell, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I fired my cat when I realized how much I spent at the tiki bar last night

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

I fired my cat when I realized how much I spent at the tiki bar last night

Some kittens hit free agency so these guys are my offseason acquisitions. Meet Herbie! (on the right)

idk how I convinced my husband so please don’t become a sex pest, Justin. Bernie, his brother, is becoming an adept lil pass rusher

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chiefs have at least three legacy guys for lack of a better word where their father played professional sports.

I wonder which team has the most. That's an article idea for a bored Bleacher Report writer

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's the Denver Broncos tied with the Arizona Cardinals

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Kawalimus posted:

If you wanna redo all divisions and conferences to be geographical here's how it's done.

Southeast: Panthers, Jaguars, Bucs, Dolphins
South: Falcons, Saints, Texans, Cowboys

…Atlanta is closer to each of these Florida teams than Charlotte, so I’m curious how you made that call.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Have all away games be at London and all home games remain at home. Everyone wins!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

ulmont posted:

…Atlanta is closer to each of these Florida teams than Charlotte, so I’m curious how you made that call.

It was close enough that I could keep Falcons and Saints together.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
It’s the off-season. Mike Vrabel is going to be motivating us!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/get-motivated-nashville-with-president-donald-j-trump-mike-vrabel-tickets-167107148981

Mega64
May 23, 2008

At this point Mike Vrabel can only motivate me by cutting off his dick.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mega64 posted:

At this point Mike Vrabel can only motivate me by cutting off his dick.

I don’t understand today’s kinks but you do you.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I just saw too the church that is hosting it is run by this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maury_Davis

In 1975, when Davis was 18 years old, he stabbed and nearly decapitated Jo Ella Liles, a 54-year old Sunday school teacher. Davis claimed to have had a jailhouse conversion while on trial for her death. He blamed the killing on insanity, drug use, and the devil, and was eventually found guilty of manslaughter, which carried a maximum sentence of 20 years. While in prison, he began preaching to other prisoners. He ultimately served eight-and-a-half years before being released because of a combination of overcrowding and good behavior.

Seems good!

That said, if i ever get famous at all I'll sell out and be shameless. Just give me money and I'll endorse anything.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 6, 2022

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1522700758688448515?t=gxNIwnKfg_iI9C8U_n4zqg&s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He's on the Ravens

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
That's definitely going to help prove that he is not nuts and ready to return to the NFL.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Lifespan posted:

That's definitely going to help prove that he is not nuts and ready to return to the NFL.

The Browns are ready to give him a fully guaranteed contract.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Cavauro posted:

He's on the Ravens

that's what thepicture says

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Pontius Pilate posted:

Some kittens hit free agency so these guys are my offseason acquisitions. Meet Herbie! (on the right)

idk how I convinced my husband so please don’t become a sex pest, Justin. Bernie, his brother, is becoming an adept lil pass rusher

I would like to pet these kittens please.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I can’t say this is necessarily wrong if Lock was still an unknown prospect, which he’s not.

https://twitter.com/jpafootball/status/1522715609221541894

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pete Carrol is wrong.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jivesauce posted:

I would like to pet these kittens please.

I would like these kittens to claw the living poo poo out of my hand and bite me because that's what kittens do. But yes I would still like to sign up for the experience.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm glad Derrick Henry ended his career.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
This is just your friendly reminder for the month of May that you can choose to be a Cincinnati Bengals fan at any point in time.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Eifert Posting posted:

This is just your friendly reminder for the month of May that you can choose to be a Cincinnati Bengals fan at any point in time.

Pretty effed up to recommend self-harm during Mental Health Awareness Month

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Diva Cupcake posted:

I can’t say this is necessarily wrong if Lock was still an unknown prospect, which he’s not.

https://twitter.com/jpafootball/status/1522715609221541894

While I don't necessarily agree he would go first I do agree that the qbs available this year aren't better than lock.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Who did he have sex with his brother with now

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

Pretty effed up to recommend self-harm during Mental Health Awareness Month

It's good to be Bengie.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

EmbryoSteve posted:

While I don't necessarily agree he would go first I do agree that the qbs available this year aren't better than lock.

I’ll bet one or two of them end up being better than him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’ll bet one or two of them end up being better than him.

They might but I agree with Pete that Lock the prospect (not the actual QB) probably would have been the first QB off the board this year.

That doesn't mean a damned thing of course other than it's a fun thing to argue about, or if you happen to be the head coach of the Seahawks a way to obfuscate things so people argue about that instead of noticing who you apparently are going to roll with and how disastrous it will probably be.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

sweet thursday posted:

Baker Mayfield has been consistently ranked as a quarterback in the NFL.

:wrong:

he's an enigma, there and yet not there, a ghost in the machine of the league

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Grittybeard posted:

They might but I agree with Pete that Lock the prospect (not the actual QB) probably would have been the first QB off the board this year.

That doesn't mean a damned thing of course other than it's a fun thing to argue about, or if you happen to be the head coach of the Seahawks a way to obfuscate things so people argue about that instead of noticing who you apparently are going to roll with and how disastrous it will probably be.

I’d were talking about rolling Lock forward to this year I think Pickett still goes ahead of him because Pittsburg obviously liked his specific skill set, and I don’t think anyone takes Lock before them.

Lock only got drafted as high as he did because he fit the Denver archetype of big armed statuesque moron and they were one of the last holdouts on that style of QB.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Lock only got drafted as high as he did because he fit the Denver archetype of big armed statuesque moron and they were one of the last holdouts on that style of QB.

This is not a totally accurate description of Drew Lock or why he sucks. I mean he does suck, and he does have a big arm. But he is not a statue and probably bails out too quickly a lot of the time trusting his legs. And he can move fairly well against the backdrop of all NFL QBs out there. I guess that's the only thing I can disagree with because he does seem to be a moron too.

His main problem has always been accuracy I think. Being dumb doesn't help but never seeing an intermediate route that he's willing to shotgun 5 yards short or 15 yards long, that type of thing is his signature. But he hit a whoooole lot of bombs in college, I think someone would have talked themselves into him if he were in this class.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/mickakers/status/1522716074327769088

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

This is not a totally accurate description of Drew Lock or why he sucks. I mean he does suck, and he does have a big arm. But he is not a statue and probably bails out too quickly a lot of the time trusting his legs. And he can move fairly well against the backdrop of all NFL QBs out there. I guess that's the only thing I can disagree with because he does seem to be a moron too.

His main problem has always been accuracy I think. Being dumb doesn't help but never seeing an intermediate route that he's willing to shotgun 5 yards short or 15 yards long, that type of thing is his signature. But he hit a whoooole lot of bombs in college, I think someone would have talked themselves into him if he were in this class.

It’s possible, though I still think the archetype teams are generally looking for has changed to guys who are just plain good athletes like Lance, Lamar, Murray, Herbert, etc who are just physically gifted. I don’t think Lock is especially gifted outside of the arm so I don’t think he’d be as highly prized as he might have been 10 years ago. Not that they are all *that* similar but Trask put up bonkers numbers and didn’t get picked til round 3 so teams are looking for more than “throws a lot of touchdowns” now.

I guess the most damning thing I can say along that line of argument is if Darnold and Lock had both been in this draft class Darnold probably goes first.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well something real bad is gonna come out about that dude.

quote:

Ventrelle, who has been with the franchise for 18 years, was named interim president in July of 2021 before assuming the role fulltime. He previously worked as the Raiders executive vice president and general counsel.

He stepped into the role after former Las Vegas Raiders president Marc Badain resigned from his position.

Raiders owner Mark Davis, citing “accounting irregularities,” said in October that Badain’s abrupt departure in July “might be fairly characterized” as forced.

“I think it’s pretty much clear now, or I don’t know if it is clear now, but it was pretty much accounting irregularities,” Davis said. “That’s why the CFO left, the controller left and the president left, that’s what it was.”

He committed the worst of sins. He stole a rich white man's money.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

McDaniels gets hired and immediately gets a long term exec fired for objecting to a hostile work environment.

Some things never change

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/lexiosborne/status/1522420628959244288

Enjoy, Saints fans

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Yeah Mathieu loves blaming his teammates

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Play posted:

Yeah Mathieu loves blaming his teammates

I mean, he did find one thoroughly worthy of it here.

I wonder what that locker room situation is like? Are they buddies, do they hang out away from the team? They are definitely in all the same meeting rooms and watching all of the same film where Dan...is Dan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Maybe Brady will finally be able to beat the Saints in the regular season now.