Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

do not give in to despair and doomerism, friend; mundicide is within our grasp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 23 minutes!
edit: stopped caring

skipmyseashells has issued a correction as of 02:53 on May 7, 2022

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

I see 500 new posts in the climate thread and I get excited thinking that the Thwaites finally let go, but no it's bi monthly child debate and a dumb ban.

Way to ruin my Friday night goons.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
(admin name) looking upon his latest works and seeing people take quotes out of the floorboard/cyrano quotes/etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1mJDPEEkH0&t=4s

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Wisest Moron posted:

I see 500 new posts in the climate thread and I get excited thinking that the Thwaites finally let go, but no it's bi monthly child debate and a dumb ban.

Way to ruin my Friday night goons.

don’t worry it’s coming

the wise man sits, cracks open a beer, and waits for the dying icebergs to float by down the river. :beerpal:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
found this while searching for that clip lol

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

skipmyseashells posted:

this isn’t even the nastiest one either, if he suggested throwing the first world under the bus to give the other 75% of humanity a chance I’d rock with him the long way

drat that's some bad analysis. Being in CSPAM I'd thought he know capitalism is the problem. It's nestle chopping down most of the tropics to make room for palm oil. And the article itself points to climate induced wildfires and hurricanes as another major factor in deforestation there.

Also lol at them holding up Brazil as a shining example of reforestation. A vision of what America does to countries who try improve the environment at the expense of corporate profits. They'll coup you and get in a business friendly fascist.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Cold on a Cob posted:

i don't even give a gently caress about rime but lol and lmfao

Hey maybe we can unban Rime OR ban all the people in the Ukraine thread?

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

skipmyseashells posted:

this isn’t even the nastiest one either, if he suggested throwing the first world under the bus to give the other 75% of humanity a chance I’d rock with him the long way

That is pretty nasty. It's 4 years old, I'd hope Rime's learned since then...? I want to believe they would at least, he's a top tier doomposter in here imo

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RC Cola posted:

Hey maybe we can unban Rime OR ban all the people in the Ukraine thread?

well since resources will continue to get more scarce and capitalism is gonna get desperate it’s gonna get exhausting trying to keep all of the war threads closed. we haven’t even gotten to India-pakistan war or taiwan war yet, much less the Mexico-Canadian Confederacy vs. the Detroit Water Alliance

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Samuel Glompers posted:

That is pretty nasty. It's 4 years old, I'd hope Rime's learned since then...? I want to believe they would at least, he's a top tier doomposter in here imo

no i'm sure they've got a ban queued up for u/r thread darling frosted flake for (e: past posts about) transphobia as well

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

crunching the numbers on how much fuel can be generated by feeding all of the world's children (five years or younger) into continuous-flow bio-diesel reactors, it's looking promising so far

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
turn america and Europe into a giant open-loop nuclear reactor for the rest of the world’s power needs. it’s the only way to stop climate change

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
honestly we should nuke yellowstone to set it off and buy ourselves some time

kater
Nov 16, 2010

mods should definitely not have kids

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Tungsten posted:

kind of hosed up to ban a guy for posting mainstream posadist views tbh

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Bird news really makes me sad.

This painting is dedicated to the brave fighters of the corvideen

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

silicone thrills posted:

Bird news really makes me sad.

This painting is dedicated to the brave fighters of the corvideen

i really hope they will survive this great calamity we’ve unleashed. :smith:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Fly Molo posted:

i really hope they will survive this great calamity we’ve unleashed. :smith:

I hope they survive by plucking our flesh off our rotting bodies after we succumb to whatever dumbass disease or nukes we gently caress ourselves with.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

silicone thrills posted:

I hope they survive by plucking our flesh off our rotting bodies after we succumb to whatever dumbass disease or nukes we gently caress ourselves with.

they’re smart they’ll figure something out

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Rime posted:

When I still thought it would achieve any meaningful course correction I advocated for nuking the white world, champ, but at this point it's just funny to see people glossing over that and continuing to trot me out as if I am the ur-racist boogeyman of the forums.

Especially since, you know, it's obvious that as a species we're all trapped in the gas chamber regardless of race color or creed and if you are posting on these forums it is overwhelmingly your lifestyle which put us there and welded the door shut over the past three decades. I hope your comfortable convenience, sitting atop a pyramid of consumer production built upon a foundation of incomprehensible suffering and slavery in the developing world, was worth the death of all life on earth. :tipshat:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

what a bullshit ban, free rime.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
if this thread isn't a safe space to cheer on inevitable collapse/possible extinction, then just shut it down.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Raine posted:

nuclear blasts occur outdoors

the economy would be minimally affected

lol

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
unban rime and ban the disingenuous dipshit who reported him

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Stereotype posted:

there's a reason why the universal advice is to never read this thread. don't read the climate change thread

nah. staring the truth in the face until it changes or you do: this is the way.

nehoo: hay guys. i'm a sapient extinction event! i'm personally responsible for the end of all life in the known universe.

does anybody in here know anything about metalworking? i've been thinking about ways to try to get information to the future, and it seems like maybe engraving aluminum sheets with a laser might be a way?

idk, i don't know anything about this, other than that in 3-body problem when faced with inevitable extinction we made a giant rock carving musuem on pluto.

so what's the best way to store information for a long rear end time?

emTme3 has issued a correction as of 04:43 on May 7, 2022

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

emTme3 posted:

nah. staring the truth in the face until it changes or you do: this is the way.

nehoo: hay guys. i'm a sapient extinction event! i'm personally responsible for the end of all life in the known universe.

does anybody in here know anything about metalworking? i've been thinking about ways to try to get information to the future, and it seems like maybe engraving aluminum sheets with a laser might be a way?

idk, i don't know anything about this, other than that in 3-body problem when faced with inevitable extinction we made a giant rock carving musuem on pluto.

so what's the best way to store information for a long rear end time?

Carved on stone, translated into as many languages as possible on the same stone. The only reason we know several ancient ones is because of the Rosetta Stone and similar works. If you mean, how does someone translate written language if they have no relation to it? They don't. About the best you can do is descriptive looking pictographs. Look up Linear A and B as to how translating ancient writing goes when there's no reference point.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkQmyCCNn_8

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

emTme3 posted:

if this thread isn't a safe space to cheer on inevitable collapse/possible extinction, then just shut it down.

admins: :doit:

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

Individual choice arguments whether it's flying or kids or wrapping yourself in plastic are loving dumb

Even bill mckibben thinks a one child policy is a good thing tho

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
just smdh if you dont see nuking an entire continent as a credible threat coming from a cspam poster

no growth

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

just smdh if you dont see nuking an entire continent as a credible threat coming from a cspam poster

we have the 0000000 codes and we’re not afraid to use them!!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
banning him was the worst thing you could do in this situation. we're doomed now.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

if Rime had said "western" instead of "white" they would still be posting with us so free Rime

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Rime posted:

Maybe one day westerners will wake up and realize you cannot negotiate with China in good faith, you cannot "democratize" it by being nice to it, and that our downfall is going to stem from failing to firewall it like North Korea when we had the chance - before a Chinese-American scientist defected to build their nuclear program. The past century has demonstrated succinctly that the singular goal in that nation is the global domination of the Han cultural identity by any means necessary. Forced conversion, genocide, slavery, theft, kidnapping, extortion, distribution of lethal drugs - they have no limits and we do not share an ethical or moral philosophy on which to build an equal diplomatic relationship.

Any cursory look at China's actions and motivations during the past century should make it clear that Anyone who deals in good faith with an agent of this regime is in peril. It will not be reciprocated.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

haha woah hey, now that's a post

Mayday Cat
May 1, 2022

by sebmojo
wasnt nuclear hellfire one of the better options in the last climate report, lol

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
i think rime might just be some kind of masochist, a postpig if you will

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Whomst amongst us doesn't have the urge to feel terrible all the time, and make sure everyone around us feels terrible as well

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

Mola Yam posted:

banning him was the worst thing you could do in this situation. we're doomed now.

Sanction rime but with a five year phase out plan for this thread and idk the AI art one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Karl Barks posted:

Whomst amongst us doesn't have the urge to feel terrible all the time, and make sure everyone around us feels terrible as well

yep just like the covid thread title we’re all “bad news cultists”. we really need to get serious, start thinking more positively, and voting for carbon offset credits.