Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

LionArcher posted:

there was a long bit about having children now and how selfish you have to be to have them now.
some argued against that, kinda, but everyone agreed it’s lmao for the kids in 20 years.

then Rime posted a pretty standard dark joke, and a mod who probably has kids decided to ban Rime because he either can’t read, has been waiting to for a while and wanted an excuse to. he hid like a coward for a day in the Glenn thread, I called him out, (and dragged some of them here, my bad) he came back and blamed it on rime being a racist poster, even though his reason for banning him was for a joke about nuking the USA to give the rest of the world a fighting chance, which he mis read, tried to bring it back to be about Rime racism posts in the past, somewhat was able to deflect. the Glenn thread is very smug we’re the crazy ones who don’t do anything and are defending a racist because we’re actually very standard d&d liberals while not posting about anything? oh and posting cat pictures and telling usually one or two person per page to shut the gently caress up.

(even saw a classic maybe if they did something instead of posting they could actually help fix things.) type post.

Oh ok, boring poo poo, nothing of value was lost.

I read this thread for news about the slow end of the world, not some tedious poster drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
we need biden to invite azanoth and rime to a beer summit imo

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Lostconfused posted:

I read this thread for news about the slow end of the world, not some tedious poster drama.

the thing about news about the slow end of the world is that it's slow

I do lol thinking about the people waking up to 2k posts in this thread and having a brief moment of heart palpitations as they wonder if It's On

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Tony Tone posted:

Doomerism in its final form is the ultimate cure to anxiety. You dont give a poo poo anymore, about anything. This planet is quite clearly loving doomed and it doesnt take a genius to figure it out. Eat steak, mine crypto to buy free poo poo, buy disposable poo poo your dont need because it loving feels good, be vain, succumb to vices, use single use because doing dishes loving sucks, idk but the smartest thing you can do is enjoy the last good years we have left savoring what little happiness there is. Do whatever the gently caress you want. Cringe is dead. And once you realize this you reach the post-human clarity state few have yet visited, but one where all are headed towards.

Its just a matter of when you understand that, and honestly, deep down you always know anyways.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

LionArcher posted:

there was a long bit about having children now and how selfish you have to be to have them now.
some argued against that, kinda, but everyone agreed it’s lmao for the kids in 20 years.

then Rime posted a pretty standard dark joke, and a mod who probably has kids decided to ban Rime because he either can’t read, has been waiting to for a while and wanted an excuse to. he hid like a coward for a day in the Glenn thread, I called him out, (and dragged some of them here, my bad) he came back and blamed it on rime being a racist poster, even though his reason for banning him was for a joke about nuking the USA to give the rest of the world a fighting chance, which he mis read, tried to bring it back to be about Rime racism posts in the past, somewhat was able to deflect. the Glenn thread is very smug we’re the crazy ones who don’t do anything and are defending a racist because we’re actually very standard d&d liberals while not posting about anything? oh and posting cat pictures and telling usually one or two person per page to shut the gently caress up.

(even saw a classic maybe if they did something instead of posting they could actually help fix things.) type post.

The they like Glenn or is it an ironic thread? Either way lol at those losers

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

also birds are dying really fast. lots and lots of birds. that was the only news I saw on here.

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

if he's ecofash every one of us is ecofash and you should ban us all, all of us agree with him

I was banned for saying something similar and you all called me a child and a dumbass. Meh. Personality worship.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

RC Cola posted:

The they like Glenn or is it an ironic thread? Either way lol at those losers

i think it's like the trump thread but for glenn and just has its own crew of fatally irony poisoned posters, except with even more drama from what i've heard about the spats in there. cumshitter died there :911:

Comatoast posted:

I was banned for saying something similar and you all called me a child and a dumbass. Meh. Personality worship.

i didn't call you anything :)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I do lol thinking about the people waking up to 2k posts in this thread and having a brief moment of heart palpitations as they wonder if It's On

Lol I used to have moments like that

"poo poo, has the AMOC stopped? Did thwaits collapse?? is it the clathrate gun???"

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

rimes posting owns tho, you have ot contextualize his post with the knowledge he lives in a van 365 days a yearputting up windmills for years on end, while forest are burning down around him and every single windmill is broken when hes finished. also those windmills are also going to fall down in 10 years

Also the windmills are being used to power a gas plant in west Texas or to mine bitcoin

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Rime posted:

Maybe one day westerners will wake up and realize you cannot negotiate with China in good faith, you cannot "democratize" it by being nice to it, and that our downfall is going to stem from failing to firewall it like North Korea when we had the chance - before a Chinese-American scientist defected to build their nuclear program. The past century has demonstrated succinctly that the singular goal in that nation is the global domination of the Han cultural identity by any means necessary. Forced conversion, genocide, slavery, theft, kidnapping, extortion, distribution of lethal drugs - they have no limits and we do not share an ethical or moral philosophy on which to build an equal diplomatic relationship.

Any cursory look at China's actions and motivations during the past century should make it clear that Anyone who deals in good faith with an agent of this regime is in peril. It will not be reciprocated.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Now this deserves a perma. Imagine being mad at the perfidious Han for... *Checks notes* building high speed rail? Nuclear power plants? Dense, efficient, walkable cities?

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Azathoth posted:

he would have gotten a long timeout regardless, he just got more and a ban on top because of a long and storied history of lovely posting

I think we should fund a think tank to start wars with the countries/peoples Rime gets racist about and when the wars start then dnd and gbs will get racist too thus making his posts good.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lol that the glen thread of all the threads now moderates cspam

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

we need biden to invite azanoth and rime to a beer summit imo

azathoth sips his blue moon, rime has a sam Adams light while Biden drinks some brand called Buckler that nobody has ever heard of before

Spergin Morlock has issued a correction as of 06:56 on May 8, 2022

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

what the gently caress is a glenn thread?

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007
Idk but they're real mad

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Better not piss off the off site discords

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Dunno but they seem to infect threads in the same way the trmp people do.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

Dunno but they seem to infect threads in the same way the trmp people do.

trump people bring love, glen people bring endless bickering

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

CODChimera posted:

trump people bring love, glen people bring endless bickering

wrong idiot

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lumpentroll posted:

wrong idiot

what are you classified as or do you have no allegiance to one thread?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

funniest thing about the beer summit was that it was non-alcoholic

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

CODChimera posted:

what are you classified as or do you have no allegiance to one thread?

all of c-spam is mine to roam

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
fear the glennluminati

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

lumpentroll posted:

funniest thing about the beer summit was that it was non-alcoholic

The beer summit is the perfect distillation of the obama admin

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Tony Tone posted:

Doomerism in its final form is the ultimate cure to anxiety. You dont give a poo poo anymore, about anything. This planet is quite clearly loving doomed and it doesnt take a genius to figure it out. Eat steak, mine crypto to buy free poo poo, buy disposable poo poo your dont need because it loving feels good, be vain, succumb to vices, use single use because doing dishes loving sucks, idk but the smartest thing you can do is enjoy the last good years we have left savoring what little happiness there is. Do whatever the gently caress you want. Cringe is dead. And once you realize this you reach the post-human clarity state few have yet visited, but one where all are headed towards.

Its just a matter of when you understand that, and honestly, deep down you always know anyways.

Nah doing evil poo poo is still bad even if climate change wrecks everything.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
it depends on the size of the paycheck

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Tony Tone posted:

agreed. i cant even imagine thinking "hmm how does this affect the environment" over every action i take. that sounds very depressing

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Azathoth bans one racist ecofash and the collapse thread all immediately start doing the end of spartacus

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

Nah doing evil poo poo is still bad even if climate change wrecks everything.

Doing all the personal responsibility/carbon footprint things is still usually healthier and better for you. Eat less meat, support local regenerative agriculture/farmers, bike or walk or take train if possible (sorry Americans), don't try to fix your ennui by filling your life with a bunch of plastic consumer crap, plant a native garden for pollinators, etc...

The difference is that once you accept nothing matters and that none of it will make a difference you can actually really enjoy life and doing those good things. If you try doing that poo poo thinking it could make a difference you'll go loving insane watching everyone around you generate mountains of plastic waste and spraying herbicide on anything a pollinator might eat or etc etc

Also not worrying much if you do grab a burger or have a steak or a long hot shower once in a while. gently caress it.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

some plague rats posted:

Azathoth bans one racist ecofash and the collapse thread all immediately start doing the end of spartacus

I'm trying to square "the world is doomed and nothing matters" with "the moderation on these dying forums is awful and needs to change" as a coherent worldview.

edit: but seriously I get it, you can effect change on these forums but not in the wider world, but the contrast is pretty silly

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

some plague rats posted:

and then the glen thread chimes in with their unwavering and very high morality

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
hes bringing racism, hes bringing eco-fascism, hes a neo-malthusian. and sometimes, i assume, a good poster

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007
What's an eco fascist anyway it seems a lot like the word tankie

If it just means someone who doesn't give a poo poo if non whites die from climate change why don't we just call them Americans or Europeans

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Dreylad posted:

I'm trying to square "the world is doomed and nothing matters" with "the moderation on these dying forums is awful and needs to change" as a coherent worldview.

edit: but seriously I get it, you can effect change on these forums but not in the wider world, but the contrast is pretty silly

and yet when a poster who works to help kids tells others they could volunteer to do the same, this is met with derision.

this volunteering would help both the person doing it and the people they volunteer to help but, no, doomposting is the light.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
also the person who works with special needs kids recommending this gets a post implying they are some kind of weirdo for suggesting it

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
receipts:

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I think any volunteer opportunity where you spend time with vulnerable kids is a good way to make a difference (in general). There are a lot of youth and drop-in centers that need people to show up and spend time playing games, reading, etc., with kids from lovely home environments. Lots of communities need people to mentor or chaperone trips for kids to get out of the city and interact with nature, and I've heard a lot of really good things about the positive outcomes of those programs (especially for kids living in poverty).

However you can manage to stay mindful and in the moment when you're doing things you enjoy is effective coping. I spend a lot of time (you guessed it) volunteering with kids, and seeing the difference it makes for them makes me happier about the awful world they're inheriting.

e: here's a good post from someone else about this:

(btw, NeatHeteroDude's job is working with special needs kid). Responses to this sensible suggestion:

silicone thrills posted:

You are really fixated on kids. It's a bit weird.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

So you don't make a difference in the awful world they are inheriting because you can't but also want to claim that it's horrible to admit that?

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Cranappleberry posted:

also the person who works with special needs kids recommending this gets a post implying they are some kind of weirdo for suggesting it

Yeau that was pretty uncalled for and I'm a little bummed no biosphere thread regulars pointed out that it was uncool to

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
this drama is so reheated idgaf lol. i will genocide those kids mf'er

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007