Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if someone starts discussing maid dragon and posts a video, who the gently caress is gonna watch that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

this is why i like JoJo just a bunch of dudes hangin out being dudes girls are sus.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

War and Pieces posted:

my god those are huge

why'd you look

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Look on my Works, ye Normy, and despair!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
There was a girl at my high school who looked as similar as an actual human can to the Dragon Maid character. I don't think she had a 9000 year old spirit or anything but she two classes behind me so I didn't anything about her other than how she looked and that she liked/was forced to wear really, really tight outfits.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Kitfox88 posted:

mp100 is one of the best animes of all time

unrelated beyond the manga being great but hype for lucifer and biscuit hammer too :cool:

Oh man I keep forgetting Lucifer & Biscuit Hammer is getting an adaptation. And in just a couple months by the sounds of it. gently caress yes. I'd also love to see a Sengoku Youko adaptation at some point. Dude is an excellent writer and it's a drat shame his work has gotten slept on so much

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Shiroc posted:

There was a girl at my high school who looked as similar as an actual human can to the Dragon Maid character. I don't think she had a 9000 year old spirit or anything but she two classes behind me so I didn't anything about her other than how she looked and that she liked/was forced to wear really, really tight outfits.

totally normal regular post

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
yeah it wasn't my finest one

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

sb hermit posted:

:same: except kill la kill

:mad::mods:

Kit Walker posted:

Oh man I keep forgetting Lucifer & Biscuit Hammer is getting an adaptation. And in just a couple months by the sounds of it. gently caress yes. I'd also love to see a Sengoku Youko adaptation at some point. Dude is an excellent writer and it's a drat shame his work has gotten slept on so much

hell yeah, how about spirit circle

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

hell yeah, how about spirit circle

Yes!

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

sb hermit posted:

Thanks to that show, I absolutely want a japanese hatchet to cut firewood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YREatse8dJ8
WARNING, VIDEO IS VERY LOUD

Never mind that I'll never get to use it since I live in California. And I would be wary of using it anywhere because apparently wildfires in north america can happen anywhere, even canada.

It does not seem particularly good at its job, compared to an axe.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

In movies I have seen those split sticks with one mighty chop but it seems like the sticks have to be just so for that to work.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

thotsky posted:

It does not seem particularly good at its job, compared to an axe.

I guess the trade-off is weight and portability? Though there are some axes with enough leverage that aren't very heavy at all. I think I'd rather go with the bigger pain to carry that doesn't require several minutes of hard labor to split a single log, though

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

i think the Japanese hatchet looks like it sucks rear end; OP. seems more suited for stripping bark or twigs from branches than for splitting logs. or maybe that person is really bad at it

a7m2 posted:

i finally started watching ranking of kings and folks, it's good

keep us updated

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
when i took a couple woodworking classes the professor was really into this japanese carving blades and tools
it seems the katana goons migrated to woodworking

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

some of the Japanese hand tools seem nice because you can avoid spending $12,000 on large table saws and jigs and just have a small set of some hand tools and some clamps

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

a cyberpunk goose posted:

keep us updated

i finished it just now. couldn't stop watching! the animation is so drat good and the characters are really fleshed out. i want more!
i don't think i've ever seen a show in which characters cry more though lol

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

a7m2 posted:

i finished it just now. couldn't stop watching! the animation is so drat good and the characters are really fleshed out. i want more!
i don't think i've ever seen a show in which characters cry more though lol

i cooled off on it in the last half. the animation slowed down largely and it became a lot of talking head scenes spread across like 5 plot threads which began crawling

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/favoritesenpaii/status/1523078520460611584

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

sb hermit posted:

:same: except kill la kill

for real, kill la kill is loving cringe rear end loving garbage, i cant believe how many people were talking about it was going to "save" anime or some poo poo

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Good soup! posted:

for real, kill la kill is loving cringe rear end loving garbage, i cant believe how many people were talking about it was going to "save" anime or some poo poo

‘this naked teenager is totally different from all the other naked teenager shows because they’re aware of what they do!’

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Good soup! posted:

excuse me maybe you havent watched enough video essays to mkultra yourself the proper take

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Good soup! posted:

Haven't watched it in years, but I remember it being hilarious.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Good soup! posted:

the rhetoric about saving anime was dumb but people really wanted to believe in trigger being gainax 2.0 instead of being poop from a butt. hell, lord knows I wanted that to be true.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Trigger did Little Witch Academia and is therefore better than most studios

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Can't believe Trigger gave us the trash pile darling in the franxx. :sad:

E: Trigger is a land of contrasts

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Trigger also did Gridman and Dynazenon. That buys them a lot of leeway in my book.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Having now seen the first few episodes of Ya Boy Kongming, I have to say that it whips rear end and none of you should sleep on it

Also I'm gonna post the OP again because I can't get it out of my head:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNn9NxZH2Vo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

i buy poo poo from ebay all the time and since i needed poo poo for my lil sim rig chair a decent amount is 3d printed. one time i left out a keyword and there is a ton of this stuff. theres like 1 seller from china that has like a loving warehouse full of this crap lmfao. everything you can possibly imagine. it makes no loving sense

Good soup! posted:

lol wtf its just a fighting anime

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

net work error posted:

goons loving that crap was incredible.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwq5K-EK8Pc

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I apologise for what may be an extremely controversial opinion, but perhaps a goofy cheesecake action anime like KLK shouldn't have included quite so much graphic incestuous rape?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

net work error posted:

some of the robots are cool but i gotta keep it real with you shinzo abe,

galagazombie posted:

Trigger also did Gridman and Dynazenon. That buys them a lot of leeway in my book.

gridman was one of the best shows in the past decade

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Kit Walker posted:

Having now seen the first few episodes of Ya Boy Kongming, I have to say that it whips rear end and none of you should sleep on it

Also I'm gonna post the OP again because I can't get it out of my head:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNn9NxZH2Vo
this OP makes me think that some Three Kingdoms guy got isekai'd into being a present-day tokyo DJ party guy?

and that's exactly what it is? lmao.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Maybe it’s time for a critical reevaluation of Cross Ange.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

TenementFunster posted:

this OP makes me think that some Three Kingdoms guy got isekai'd into being a present-day tokyo DJ party guy?

and that's exactly what it is? lmao.

Exactly right. Legendary tactician Zhuge Liang dies and gets isekai'd to modern day Shibuya as himself when he was younger, befriends a singer who hasn't had much luck making it big, and decides to put his military strategy knowledge to good use on the most cutthroat battlefield of all: the jpop underground music scene

Kit Walker has issued a correction as of 21:54 on May 8, 2022

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Kit Walker posted:

Exactly right. Legendary tactician Zhuge Liange dies and gets isekai'd to modern day Shibuya as himself when he was younger, befriends a singer who hasn't had much luck making it big, and decides to put his military strategy knowledge to good use on the most cutthroat battlefield of all: the jpop underground music scene
i’m like 10 minutes into the first ep and this seems really stupid. i love it.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
what is the blockchain?

same, dude

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i have no idea what the division of Darling of the Franxxx was between Trigger staff and A-1 Pictures staff but it definitely felt like it leaned a lot more towards the A-1 Pictures side. if the giant robots looked just a bit less cool it could easily have been confused for any of their other light novel crap from around that time.

Augus has issued a correction as of 22:03 on May 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Kongming rocks