Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

It's such a fun game to watch play out, with everyone trying to tear Will's characters apart as he effortlessly deflects by Yes, And-ing everything they throw at him and just digging his hole deeper and deeper while not giving a single poo poo.

Also, Lippert was on fire the entire episode.

The reveal of the punk rocker’s day job was hilarious. That was my favorite part of the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

feedmyleg posted:

Also, Lippert was on fire the entire episode.

S-Anatomy killed me. I don’t think Walton is my favorite character he does, but I think it’s the one that has the best individual gags for sure. I just genuinely can’t tell when he’s stalling and when he’s got something amazing ready to go, and it’s always hilarious.

Dammit I need to know where the tour is coming to already. We have a nicely new renovated theatre here that’d be perfect.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Will Hines rocks and I hope I can see him when I visit LA this year.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
He's legitimately one of the best stage improvisers in the world. I was so bummed when he moved from New York.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

JethroMcB posted:

"Oh no. Oh no. Ohhh, no. No. No. No, no, no, no."

This killed me. Incredible ep. Relistened to it.

Certainly feels like it encompassed the current roster of CBB regulars and everyone brings their A game.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
As much as I love Andy Daly and the whole thing with his characters I was very much relieved that this wasn't yet another episode of that. I think it all peaked with a few years ago and they've just been milking that magic ever since. It's still fun and everything but man it's nice to hear other people having a good time with the show.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I think you're confusing the anniversary shows with breaking off a hundo, which are the ones that tend to have Zouks and Daly.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Inspector 34 posted:

As much as I love Andy Daly and the whole thing with his characters I was very much relieved that this wasn't yet another episode of that. I think it all peaked with a few years ago and they've just been milking that magic ever since. It's still fun and everything but man it's nice to hear other people having a good time with the show.

300 was the only one I felt worked because it was organic. They're still fun, but it's very forced. But yeah, those aren't the anniversaries.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Inspector 34 posted:

They have some of the same problems the show used to have with previously funny characters like Cake Boss where they spend half the episode just catching up on previously established continuity (that they barely remember) instead of bringing in new bits. I think they're all good together, I just wish they'd stop doing the same storyline they've been doing now for a while.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

They have some of the same problems the show used to have with previously funny characters like Cake Boss where they spend half the episode just catching up on previously established continuity (that they barely remember) instead of bringing in new bits. I think they're all good together, I just wish they'd stop doing the same storyline they've been doing now for a while.

The one exception to the “20 minutes of backstory” issue is Al A. Peterson. I will always want the phrase “vermouth drunk” said.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Coco13 posted:

The one exception to the “20 minutes of backstory” issue is Al A. Peterson. I will always want the phrase “vermouth drunk” said.

I'm also a fan of Scott forgetting that Big Chunky Bubble's wife is dead every single time

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Live At Five! posted:

I'm also a fan of Scott forgetting that Big Chunky Bubble's wife is dead every single time

I like how that came up in this one; "how'd she die again?" "i don't remember"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I will always remember the line "but I'll always feel bad about it, like William Burroughs. Remember that?"

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
"sniveling worm"
"clumsy portmanteau"

so drat good

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Analytic Engine posted:

"sniveling worm"
"clumsy portmanteau"

so drat good

"...and he thanked me for it."

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

"...and he thanked me for it."

PFT's first appearance is loaded with sick turns of phrase, and while it's really hard to understand him you can infer it through the reactions of Scott & Dax. (I wonder if I could clean up the audio with machine learning...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAxUug_JOu4

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

One of the great anniversary episodes of all time

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I was kind of dreading this week's episode after I read the description about the first ever in-depth CBB interview. Pleasantly surprised with how it went!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Mons Hubris posted:

I was kind of dreading this week's episode after I read the description about the first ever in-depth CBB interview. Pleasantly surprised with how it went!

Same! Scott's such a great interviewer.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Scott's stories about comedy writing in the 90s are incredible, my highlight of Scott Hasn't Seen so far

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Mons Hubris posted:

I remember one of my first episodes I listened to was a "full, hour long" interview with Patton Oswalt. I love when Scott does a dumb interview bit.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Them confusing apiary for aviary is making my head hurt.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Fezz posted:

Them confusing apiary for aviary is making my head hurt.

I'm imagining PFT listening at home, just

yelling at them

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I hadn’t listened to CBB for a few years, but did get into naddpod/dimension 20 in the interim, so I’m amped to see that zac oyama earned himself recurring guest status while I wasn’t paying attention, I love that for him

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Yeah I’m not sure if he was just yes-anding too hard but why would you make your character an apiary enthusiast if you didn’t know what that word meant?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mons Hubris posted:

I hope the CBB Interview becomes a regular feature with every non-character guest.

I also hope Scott has to keep doing math.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The ads on threedom are gonna make me pay for ad-free episodes, I swear. I keep getting one for some dodgy "invest in art" scheme, and the copy speaks to "morning joe viewers", as if someone made a mistake and put the ad on the wrong show

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
did you know that inflation has increased by 8% during just the first third of this podcast? fortunately, a good hedge against this inflation is contemporary art, a term that has no definition in this context. here's another percentb that is real: how much this kind of art has appreciated (125%)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Empty Sandwich posted:

did you know that inflation has increased by 8% during just the first third of this podcast? fortunately, a good hedge against this inflation is contemporary art, a term that has no definition in this context. here's another percentb that is real: how much this kind of art has appreciated (125%)

i just wish that there were something i could do about it instead of blaming washington or the fed. unfortunately, i am but a humble Morning Joe listener

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
I remember listening to a ton of old blank check episodes and the ad reads getting dynamically replaced with ads about Star Trek nfts and wondering if there was anything their podcast network could do if I emailed them about. Also local car dealerships, which, come the gently caress on, I’ll just go back to the radio if you’re gonna start putting those ads in

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Kevin loves that dynamic poo poo

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Cold Milk Bottle posted:

Also local car dealerships, which, come the gently caress on, I’ll just go back to the radio if you’re gonna start putting those ads in

At the end of yesterday's Blank Check I got an ad for my area's largest dealer and installer of aftermarket custom rims and I swear to God I thought it was a skit for like 10 seconds until they mentioned a city name

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I once got an ad for the state of South Dakota while listening to Threedom

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

for as many lovely podcast ads there are out there, I don't think any have made me laugh quite as hard as blue moon trying to rebrand itself as something other than just a popular mid-range beer that people get when they just want something recognizable on the menu

i mean i drink and enjoy blue moon but cmon, you gotta know what you are, don't get airs

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Pepsi, right in your EAR HOLES

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Analytic Engine posted:

Pepsi, right in your EAR HOLES

it's been so long now those ads almost seem quaint.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I believe that Scott is 100% sincere when he talks about going down to his ol' watering-hole where the bartender asks him if he wants his regular Blue Moon.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

How are u posted:

I believe that Scott is 100% sincere when he talks about going down to his ol' watering-hole where the bartender asks him if he wants his regular Blue Moon.

Definite Blue Moon vibes from Scott I agree. And no judgment! I do it too, but i'm not buying the rebrand one bit

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
As someone who, like Sprague the Whisperer and Akiva, regards The Emperor's New Groove as a childhood classic, I'm a bit disappointed that Scott and co didn't express any opinion on it until about 70 minutes in to the podcast. But I'm glad they liked it, and I totally agree that disney (and most studios) should go for less "ambitious" and more straight-up comedic movies. If they're less than an hour and a half long, even better. I kind of want to see the new Chip and Dale movie now, it sounds like it's kind of in that vein.

edit: though it was interesting to hear about Scott's experience on Shark Tale. It's funny to think that it could've been a good movie if they had listened to him and retooled the stuff that didn't work earlier in the process (or maybe that specifically was Shark Tale 2? idk)

Magissima fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

You get the feeling that because Scott Hasn't Seen is behind CCB World's paywall, they're a lot more blunt about the industry, and it's a good thing.