Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

spaceblancmange posted:

Mercedes have made a car so sensitive that changes in overhead conditions and barometric pressure take it out of the zone.

it's called a prince albert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

harperdc posted:

yeah, it appeared to be a pretty unspectacular race around a very dressed up car park.

still wondering what changed between Friday and Saturday to make the Mercedes so drat slow though.

They were distracted by the off-track shenanigans of Lewis Hamilton complaining about jewelry.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wow 10 year warranty is pretty impressive, looks like Belgium is the best?

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

If i were ferrari I’d build a car that’s faster than Red Bull.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

You Am I posted:

garbage race, garbage track, garbage race winner

I struggled to stay awake.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dictator. posted:

If i were ferrari I’d build a car that’s faster than Red Bull.

They can't, it's red

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They were distracted by the off-track shenanigans of Lewis Hamilton complaining about jewelry.

All joking aside I do wonder where Hamilton's head is at that he's picking stupid fights like this instead of focusing on turning around his dogshit car lol

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Also the person who said they use a cuisinart to grind their coffee needs to gently caress off

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

italian quid posted:

All joking aside I do wonder where Hamilton's head is at that he's picking stupid fights like this instead of focusing on turning around his dogshit car lol
If you read my earlier thesis you would understand that his status as the most moral driver in history is at stake here, not the outcome of mere motor races in Miami/Vegas parking lots. You must have an eye toward history. Also I've been considering getting a Mr. Coffee fully automated Cappuccino maker

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

italian quid posted:

Also the person who said they use a cuisinart to grind their coffee needs to gently caress off

It works well enough. Please don’t be mean.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

If you read my earlier thesis you would understand that his status as the most moral driver in history is at stake here, not the outcome of mere motor races in Miami/Vegas parking lots. You must have an eye toward history. Also I've been considering getting a Mr. Coffee fully automated Cappuccino maker

I'll be brutally honest any time I read the thread I just jump to the last page so I've probably missed some good posts if you've been posting lol

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

italian quid posted:

Only way to polish the turd is a lucky safety car

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Red_Fred posted:

I struggled to stay awake.

Why struggle? I watched the first ten laps, saw Max overtake, then woke up with like 3 laps to go to see the finish.

My brain hates me, loves Max?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

harperdc posted:

you come back to check in on what the thread thought of the Miami GP and get into the midst of a lowlands political slap-fight. Take that poo poo to D&D but keep it out of here please.

I know this is The Worst Thread but we have actual racing to talk about, save the air fryer chat for the ever-shrinking offseason.

It is a crying shame that the most vaporwave team (Alpine) did so poorly on their adopted home turf.

I have nothing else to add to the race. We could go "boring track" ad nauseam or continue making "American parking lot" jokes or pointing out the fake marina but there's only so much we can do.

Question: will the Las Vegas GP be better or worse than what we got here

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Full Collapse posted:

I would totally believe this.

The lack of bouncing during FP3 was certainly suspicious

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Anybody know of a live race audio commentary in English that's in time with what's happening?

I can watch races online by VPNing to Luxembourg, but they have local commentators who I don't understand.

I tried the BBC audio from the website but that seemed to be about 30 seconds behind.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Residency Evil posted:

Why struggle? I watched the first ten laps, saw Max overtake, then woke up with like 3 laps to go to see the finish.

My brain hates me, loves Max?

Perhaps next time I will sleep the whole way through?

I hope your brain comes around, liking Max is bad.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Dunno how accurate....

https://twitter.com/F1Total102/status/1523753162204598274?s=20&t=PtZemIEVHh50KBMr1gfuGA

Very strong rumors from various sources: Aston Martin has prepared a practically new car that will premiere at the Spanish GP. They have been working on it since before the start of the season.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

harperdc posted:

you come back to check in on what the thread thought of the Miami GP and get into the midst of a lowlands political slap-fight. Take that poo poo to D&D but keep it out of here please.

I know this is The Worst Thread but we have actual racing to talk about, save the air fryer chat for the ever-shrinking offseason.

It's a week off too so it's going to get weird. Miami was so bad we got derailed by monday

Custard Undies posted:

Dunno how accurate....

https://twitter.com/F1Total102/status/1523753162204598274?s=20&t=PtZemIEVHh50KBMr1gfuGA

Very strong rumors from various sources: Aston Martin has prepared a practically new car that will premiere at the Spanish GP. They have been working on it since before the start of the season.

I hope old man seb and big valt start fighting for wins

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
telling someone to post in D&D is violence

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Clarence posted:

Anybody know of a live race audio commentary in English that's in time with what's happening?

I can watch races online by VPNing to Luxembourg, but they have local commentators who I don't understand.

I tried the BBC audio from the website but that seemed to be about 30 seconds behind.

There may be something American but it’s important to note that the last time I turned on radio 5 live it was Johnathan Legard on lead commentary, this is the guy so truly terrible that they replaced him with Crofty

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

There may be something American but it’s important to note that the last time I turned on radio 5 live it was Johnathan Legard on lead commentary, this is the guy so truly terrible that they replaced him with Crofty

It's James Allen now. When Crofty was R5L he replaced Maurice Hamilton. When Legard was on BBC's TV coverage, he was replaced by Brundle and Coulthard before Bernie sold the rights to Sky and suddenly Crofty was no longer confined to medium wave radio or half-cut, fat men throwing arrows at a wall.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
people who get weird about coffee are weird. it tastes like soil

i just drink an energy drink if i need a pick me up

can we talk about energy drinks instead its at least kind of interesting and semi related

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

learnincurve posted:

lol i remember legard in 2009 was so awful

hed just spend two minutes meticulously listing who was in what positions at the bottom of the grid while the leaders would be fighting on screen

james allen really wasnt that bad he just caught a lot of flak for getting caught up in lewismania, but wtf else was he going to do, it was a british team on a british network dealing with lewis hamilton when every british driver since mansell had been a binman faildriver

Rhopunzel fucked around with this message at 11:05 on May 10, 2022

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

italian quid posted:

I'll be brutally honest any time I read the thread I just jump to the last page so I've probably missed some good posts if you've been posting lol

There have never been any good posts ITT, nor will there ever will be

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Rhopunzel posted:

can we talk about energy drinks instead its at least kind of interesting and semi related

many years ago i used to work nighshift in a supermarket and half the people there would drink a 1.5 litre bottle of energy drink throughout their shift, every shift. i wonder if they're still alive, that can't be good for a person.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

many years ago i used to work nighshift in a supermarket and half the people there would drink a 1.5 litre bottle of energy drink throughout their shift, every shift. i wonder if they're still alive, that can't be good for a person.

yikes. i drink a 12 oz red bull every other day and feel like im tempting fate

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
every adult that regularly drinks energy drinks needs to be put into a re-education camp

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

nawilo_420 posted:

every adult that regularly drinks energy drinks needs to be put into a re-education camp

>Geert Wilders has entered the chat

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Charles Leclerc posted:

>Geert Wilders has entered the chat

I didn't say only non-white adults op

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

MrMojok posted:

There have never been any good posts ITT, nor will there ever will be

Good post incoming.

This race should have been at Daytona....on the sand.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Rhopunzel posted:

Monster energy is involved with both Lewis and Hideo Kojima

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Rhopunzel posted:

Rhopunzel posted:

Monster Juice Khaotic is the best energy drink

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ilmucche posted:

It's a week off too so it's going to get weird. Miami was so bad we got derailed by monday

I hope old man seb and big valt start fighting for wins

:hmmyes:

It’s not a bad thing that the Mercedesreich seems to be at an end, as much as I would like Lewis to have 8 WDCs instead of 7.5, but the fact that the up and coming challenger is Red loving Bull is the worst way of ending that run.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

nawilo_420 posted:

Eh. Beats ketamine.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Rhopunzel posted:

yeah I bought a whole flat of red bulls at Costco so I can cheer on max in style every week

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I had 1 red bull in my life and it tasted vile. No idea how it’s so popular.can’t be due to the popularity of their drivers either

The only drink that deserves to be a sponsor is Arizona Ice Tea imho. I know they don’t do advertisements, but a teal and pastel pink colour scheme would own. I’m going to spam Alpine’s instagram until they listen to me

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

yeah I bought a whole flat of red bulls at Costco so I can cheer on max in dialysis every week

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

BabyFur Denny posted:

Eh. Beats ketamine.

Energy drinks are much worse for your body than ketamine op 🤷‍♀️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

nawilo_420 posted:

Energy drinks are much worse for your body than ketamine op 🤷‍♀️

Ketamine is healthier than most filtered water.

It’s fun to say things.