Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Critical Role Campaign 3: Tonight, I Bake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Joey McChrist posted:

Critical Role Campaign 3: Tonight, I Bake

Someone PM a TVIV mod, please.

Also, this Ajit guy is 100% an evil fake.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
So, they film episodes before they do 4 sided dive, because they revealed the liquid dunamancy thing tonight, and Laura spoiled it during 4SD.

Makes me wonder how many episodes they have in the tank. They could theoretically just do a bunch each week.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I think they've mentioned they film 2 weeks in advance.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

redbrouw posted:

So, they film episodes before they do 4 sided dive, because they revealed the liquid dunamancy thing tonight, and Laura spoiled it during 4SD.

Makes me wonder how many episodes they have in the tank. They could theoretically just do a bunch each week.
That's a huge mistake on their part. What happens when an episode prior to 4SD ends on a cliffhanger or has some big reveal? Instead of the cast being as excited as the audience and speculating along with us, they'll already know what happens and will have to focus on not accidentally spoiling things.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

This crew having a portable hole is going to lead to shenanigans.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Since they're only doing 4SD once a month and most of the questions are more generalized (or hand picked by the crew), there's little risk of them spoiling anything major. I don't think the Dunamancy thing was that big of a reveal to be honest - Sam only asked what the 4 things Ashton's rage could do were, which Taliesin listed because they've all come up at this point. Anyone who watched enough of Campaign 2 (and I didn't, to be clear) could probably put together that it was Dunamancy related.

evelyn87
Mar 20, 2009

We all can be only who we are, nothing more, no less.
Getting "The Measure of a Man" Star Trek vibes from FCG's encounter with Jiana and the group overall.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

evelyn87 posted:

Getting "The Measure of a Man" Star Trek vibes from FCG's encounter with Jiana and the group overall.

"just because you have a soul doesn't mean you know how to use it" is an A+ burn

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Just finished the episode. Good chunk of it was unfortunately just post-quest cleanup and it wasn't all interesting, but I'm excited for a field trip to Ashton's shithole home town. Getting more in depth information about Ashton's backstory is also making them a lot more interesting. I liked Ashton before, but they hadn't felt as strongly fleshed out as some of the other characters and this gives them much more of a hook.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
I guess there is an unabridged version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy22CN0j95c

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

redbrouw posted:

I guess there is an unabridged version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy22CN0j95c

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
lmao, https://twitter.com/CriticalRole/status/1523694284834283522

I kinda want that Henley, though...

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

lol Travis

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

hashtag couplegoals

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

I'm watching through the latest episode and did they not pick up diamond dust? Seems like an odd thing to forget

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

What do they need diamond dust for? They needed a lot of spell components (or at least FCG wanted them) and I didn't really look up what all spells they were for. If you're worried about revivify, they asked for their travel stipend from Jiana Hexum in diamonds so they do actually have those now. They just don't have dust.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
I personally am hoping they break the episode 26-27 character disappearance trend. I know, two way different circumstances, I just think it's funny that happened twice.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

CuwiKhons posted:

What do they need diamond dust for? They needed a lot of spell components (or at least FCG wanted them) and I didn't really look up what all spells they were for. If you're worried about revivify, they asked for their travel stipend from Jiana Hexum in diamonds so they do actually have those now. They just don't have dust.

Some people might not want to know, so (outside of homebrew stuff): https://imgur.com/a/DyXXRA8

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Antitonic posted:

Some people might not want to know, so (outside of homebrew stuff): https://imgur.com/a/DyXXRA8

Oh, I see. I guess FCG is prepping early since they're a ways off from the most notable of cleric spells on there.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Nah, its almost certainly for revivify, a level 3 spell so he can cast it now

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

We're talking about diamond dust though. The spell component for Revivify is 300gp worth of actual diamonds (which is why I brought up that FCG asked for their travel stipend from Hexum in diamonds - they were clearly collecting that component at the time) and diamond dust wouldn't work as an equivalent, I don't think. Unless there's a homebrew thing they've got, FCG shouldn't currently be able to cast any spells that need diamond dust.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Oh yeah, diamonds are a different component that diamond dust. And Revivify specifically doesn’t need a single diamond (multiple will suffice provided their worth is equivalent), but does require them to be whole, not dust.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Maybe he wants to drop some glyphs of warding

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QMiGD2offs
Game Master Brennan Lee Mulligan guides players Luis Carazo, Aabria Iyengar, Marisha Ray, Sam Riegel, Travis Willingham, and Lou Wilson as six distinguished heroes from the Age of Arcanum.

Surprised that Brennan is DMing, he said in an interview he doesn't like to have to learn other people's lore, but I'm glad he is.

Senjuro fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 12, 2022

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Senjuro posted:

Game Master Brennan Lee Mulligan guides players Luis Carazo, Aabria Iyengar, Marisha Ray, Sam Riegel, Travis Willingham, and Lou Wilson as six distinguished heroes from the Age of Arcanum.

Surprised that Brennan is DMing, he said in an interview he doesn't like to have to learn other people's lore, but I'm glad he is.

Nobody can resist Critical Role now. We are acolytes to a ravenous hunger, an ancient primordial demon in service to that elder God of A'mazon.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Senjuro posted:

hell yeah, lou is an incredible player, he's going to fit in so well with sam/travis

also from how brennan's talked in the past, i think he's seen a lot of CR, since it and TAZ are really the two proofs of concept that let them get d20 off the ground

eke out fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 12, 2022

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Oh hell yes.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Very excited to see if the group in Calamity is just more straightforwardly heroic or if they're another group of unlikely heroes... or even possibly a cause of the event.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
brennan AND lou gently caress yess

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I will watch the show, and nobody can stop me.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Didn't notice this before but it's going to replace regular CR episodes while it runs. The main campaign will resume June 30th.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Senjuro posted:

Didn't notice this before but it's going to replace regular CR episodes while it runs. The main campaign will resume June 30th.

That probably does make more sense than running once a month.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Hell yeah, looks rad as gently caress. It's a really interesting point to set the game in since it's basically an ongoing magical apocalypse. It's a good squad of people too. Shame about C3 being on hold for a month but I can live with that for this.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

C L I F F H A N G E R time wooooooooooooo

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

oh my loving god it's

:frogsiren: Campaign 3 Episode 23 time!!!! :frogsiren:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Ahahahaha the Ashley monologue

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Ashley's mind is left to wander

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

THE ASHLEY HEEL TURN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

EXTREME NORDLORE