Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Necrothatcher posted:

The Tories should really be thanking their lucky stars that there are food banks because without them British society would probably collapse in about two weeks

The Tories don't consider the people who use food banks to be part of society, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

kingturnip posted:

The Tories don't consider the people who use food banks to be part of society, though.

yes to tories they are literally vermin, getting free food when really they shouldn’t have even been born. probably a number want to bring back sterilisation to “wonton” women or whatever the old fashioned term used to be

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Sorry for Cummings posting but I had no idea this was a thing. I guess it’s not that shocking that the media haven’t reported it.

https://twitter.com/Dominic2306/status/1524394482938093571?s=20

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/03/08/government-refuses-to-reveal-taxpayer-cost-of-secret-covid-subsidy-for-its-wealthy-press-friends/

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
What is Dominic Cummings job right now?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
irl troll

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I think when I was at school the careers advisor (who the gently caress even were they?) left out some really attractive options.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

"Will the Brits act like psychopaths and murder us all" is probably a really sensible question for the Irish State broadcaster to ask tbh.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Look we're just trying to de-nazify Ireland.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

TACD posted:

Eh what? What's the catch with this, that'd be two things (off the top of my head) that the Tories have done to benefit renters :confused:

I suspect it will go to a similar system like they now have in Scotland where you can only be asked to leave for "no fault" if the landlord needs to sell the property or move onto it themselves.

And their courts have fined landlords who tried that excuse but did not follow through.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tsietisin posted:

I suspect it will go to a similar system like they now have in Scotland where you can only be asked to leave for "no fault" if the landlord needs to sell the property or move onto it themselves.

And their courts have fined landlords who tried that excuse but did not follow through.

still probably leaves the onus on a cash strapped tenant with their own life to lead needed to stick it to the landlord though.

cyril sneeeer
May 3, 2021

by Pragmatica
I will always feel this worst now, but i will know how to get help.

allmost annoys me when i see my integegrety/life on outside being questioned. ur ok don't question that

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

cyril sneeeer posted:

I will always feel this worst now, but i will know how to get help.

allmost annoys me when i see my integegrety/life on outside being questioned. ur ok don't question that

go on discord pal, or maybe not lol

cyril sneeeer
May 3, 2021

by Pragmatica
hat will not help. I have never been live on the dischord although i want to hear bobby n rattys accent i don't want to hear it that bad.

going to bed now i think.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

cyril sneeeer posted:

hat will not help. I have never been live on the dischord although i want to hear bobby n rattys accent i don't want to hear it that bad.

going to bed now i think.

That sounds like a good idea. Take care of yourself.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

"Will the Brits act like psychopaths and murder us all" is probably a really sensible question for the Irish State broadcaster to ask tbh.

It's going to be a surprise when the IRA show up with a howitzer Javelins that fell a truck in Ukraine.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Z the IVth posted:

It's going to be a surprise when the IRA show up with a howitzer Javelins that fell a truck in Ukraine.

Biden’s USA floods the IRA with high-tech weaponry.

I hope you’re all watching Derry Girls. It’s so drat good.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

therattle posted:

Biden’s USA floods the IRA with high-tech weaponry.

I hope you’re all watching Derry Girls. It’s so drat good.

I've never seen it, consider it in the same category as i dunno catherine tate and so steer well clear. Am i wrong?

Also I don't really enjoy young people enjoying themselves

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Given how that usually goes 2035 is going to be giant IRA space laser cutting Ireland off the archipelago and sailing it out into the atlantic to go conquer Boston, much to the chagrin of the americans.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Z the IVth posted:

No need to go that far. The NLAW rocket launchers are made in East Belfast

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I've never seen it, consider it in the same category as i dunno catherine tate and so steer well clear. Am i wrong?

On this as well as the other things.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Also I don't really enjoy young people enjoying themselves

Very wrong. It’s very good, and very funny. It’s not at all like Catherine Tate. My politics may be dubious but my taste is impeccable!

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Get a dog, call it Gramsci, teach it to attack rich people

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Just don't play the lottery

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Come on guys. After Ireland we will get *eyes begin beaming* India back into the fold. Then we will finally have an empire again and I can stop reading British empire history and start living it!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Being from Norn Iron I can confirm that Derry Girls is both hilarious and extremely accurate.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I like Derry Girls but it very much falls into the "gentle comedy" category. Lots of smiles and chuckles, maybe one big laugh every two or three episodes. Nothing too mad.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

stev posted:

I like Derry Girls but it very much falls into the "gentle comedy" category. Lots of smiles and chuckles, maybe one big laugh every two or three episodes. Nothing too mad.

That's just modern inoffensive comedy for you

It was an alright show to have on in the background while dodging work but totally disposable

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It's a bit like the inbetweeners with less gross out humour, and more anti-English sentiment.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Derry Girls, The Inbetweeners and Gavin and Stacey, all pale to the might of Burnistoun

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Twitter keeps showing me pics of Charles' fingers. Man's organs are not working right

https://twitter.com/leahgaraas/status/1524605766673461248?t=VTxDl4vrPXTIrg4Iu5cASQ&s=19

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 08:25 on May 12, 2022

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Twitter keeps showing me pics of Charles' fingers. Man's organs are not working right

https://twitter.com/leahgaraas/status/1524605766673461248?t=VTxDl4vrPXTIrg4Iu5cASQ&s=19

I think it's just a low grade eldritch horror thing where rather than developing a mass of writhing tentacles you get asda smart price sausages for your digits instead

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Ms Adequate posted:

Being from Norn Iron I can confirm that Derry Girls is both hilarious and extremely accurate.

The accuracy is here and there. Like the disadvantage of setting it in a very specific time period is when the play some 90's songs, I get distracted because all I think is "this song came out in 1995. But everything else about this episode says 1993."
And I know that's something almost all period media has, but it's far more noticiable since it's the media from our childhood.

The worst example of this is the end of the first season where the cast take part in a talent show. Intercut with the adults watching the Omagh bombing and basically vowing to protect their kids from the violence and hatred.
A noble sentiment, however if you were alive back then you'd remember that the Omagh bombing took place on a Saturday* which begs the question of why are the kids in school doing a talent show.

Now I accept this is just my pedantry, but it's the little things that stand out the most.

*= The fact that it happened on a Saturday was why the bombing was so devastating.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Your school never had events and poo poo on at the weekends?

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

stev posted:

Have you watched Young Offenders? It's.. not so gentle.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

DesperateDan posted:

I think it's just a low grade eldritch horror thing where rather than developing a mass of writhing tentacles you get asda smart price sausages for your digits instead
The Colour Out of Date

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Derry Girls has gotten pretty shite in the new season imo. My main problem has always been that it drops 90s bangers but you only hear like 2 seconds of them, a frustrating experience

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

stev posted:

Your school never had events and poo poo on at the weekends?

No.
Like maybe the very odd "kids from these classes are going to pack shopping bags in the local supermarket to raise money for charity" thing. Occasionally a mention of kids who were on a local football team playing a game and asking people to show up to cheer them on. But that was the extent of it.

Are you saying that kids had to go into school on the weekend? And wear uniforms on a Saturday?
I thought that was just some American invention for TV.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
From Omagh, and was the same age as the girls back then.
And drat that was a good ending.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

private schools like most goons went to often have classes on saturday mornings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
My private school didn't, thank gently caress