Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
One time the projectionist put in a reel backwards during Willard, and it took a while for anybody to notice, care or complain because it was Willard. Well, that's my story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The same thing happened (the reel burning up) during Monument's Men and the audience applauded.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Good things come in cats and penguins???

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Did Frank Miller write this one, too?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It's a Godfrey Ho movie, no one wrote it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I don’t understand, is Not Murphy a vampire too?

Zechariah
Mar 20, 2020

There is a road, no simple highway
Between the dawn and the dark of night
When I saw 2018's Rampage in theatres, the power went out and when it booted back up again the film had rewound 15 min and the sound was broken. The audience, with a nervous energy after waiting in the dark, began imitating the sound effects for the scene we'd just watched. The movie eventually rebooted for a second time to put things back on track and people calmed down then, but that brief moment was one of the most fun and memorable theatre experiences ever.

(Edited for brevity.)

Zechariah fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 12, 2022

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

edogawa rando posted:

I don’t understand, is Not Murphy a vampire too?

sort of, he's a cop

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

holy poo poo the synopsis is even better

The film stars Jeremy Renner as Ned Nelson, a Skinhead who ends up in a mental institution where he meets Rachael (Gabrielle Union), a black woman claiming to be the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler. The unlikely couple's hookup leads them down a shocking road to recovery.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

American History X meets Bubba Hotep

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

How have I never heard of this?

Sounds like a Tip Toes like feature.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gripweed posted:

The film stars Jeremy Renner as Ned Nelson, a Skinhead who ends up in a mental institution where he meets Rachael (Gabrielle Union), a black woman claiming to be the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler. The unlikely couple's hookup leads them down a shocking road to recovery.

Well, that synopsis goes places.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Credit where it's due, it looks like it did pretty well for itself on the film festival circuit

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I haven't seen the movie, but looking on google the most I can find is Jon Favereu in a bandana.

But have you considered CHEFS HAT. CHEFS HAT. CHEFSHATCHEFSHATCHEFC̢̥͍̠H̹̜͔E̟F͙̜̜̪̬͘S̷͍͍̮͖H̙͙͍̘̀A̻̙̤̹̹̣̹T̶̝̼̺̝̜ͅ

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gripweed posted:

Well, I mean I just hope they handle the subject matter with more sensitivity than The L.A. AIDS Jabber.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Cage posted:

I haven't seen the movie, but looking on google the most I can find is Jon Favereu in a bandana.

But have you considered CHEFS HAT. CHEFS HAT. CHEFSHATCHEFSHATCHEFC̢̥͍̠H̹̜͔E̟F͙̜̜̪̬͘S̷͍͍̮͖H̙͙͍̘̀A̻̙̤̹̹̣̹T̶̝̼̺̝̜ͅ

Is Sofia Vergara the grandma? Abuela is the only word I really recognize in that tagline. Also, it seems like at least half of those faces are from red carpet events or something like that. I like it when stars don't give enough of a poo poo about a movie to bother letting people take pictures of them for the poster (which probably happens even more than I realize).

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
"Not all of the best recipes come from grandmother" is how I translate that

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Good things come in abuelas.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Detective Thompson posted:

Is Sofia Vergara the grandma? Abuela is the only word I really recognize in that tagline. Also, it seems like at least half of those faces are from red carpet events or something like that. I like it when stars don't give enough of a poo poo about a movie to bother letting people take pictures of them for the poster (which probably happens even more than I realize).

No, she's Jon Faveraus ex that plays a major role. Funny that Scarlett Johansson gets equal placement despite being in the movie for like 5 minutes.

Anyway, watch Chef. It's quite good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU4wxbzOQxw

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Waffleman_ posted:

Good things come in abuelas.

Futurama covered that.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Chef is great and it being Favreau post-Iron Man and burnt out is just the cherry on top

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Detective Thompson posted:

1) this definitely happens more than you realize
2) this is not the original American poster, which doesn’t have any of these issues

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Everyone knows that most posters these days with multiple people are cobbled together from headshots taken at different times and places. The Chef poster is so garbage though, it appears that they didn't even pull a headshot for Vergara, Favreau, and the kid (possibly Johansen as well) from a pro source, they literally just pulled from red-carpet paparazzi snaps where they appeared for the premier of whatever else. Hoffmans head looks like it was taken from some other movie. Downey appears to be the only one taken from a professional headshot

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Some serious mid 90's indie film hoping Miramax picks this up vibes just from that poster.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Everyone knows that most posters these days with multiple people are cobbled together from headshots taken at different times and places. The Chef poster is so garbage though, it appears that they didn't even pull a headshot for Vergara, Favreau, and the kid (possibly Johansen as well) from a pro source, they literally just pulled from red-carpet paparazzi snaps where they appeared for the premier of whatever else. Hoffmans head looks like it was taken from some other movie. Downey appears to be the only one taken from a professional headshot

I am like 90% sure that RDJ is from Elton John's "I Want Love" music video.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Vargo posted:

I am like 90% sure that RDJ is from Elton John's "I Want Love" music video.

I know the one you mean, although I did actually find the headshot on a photo site. But that definitely seems to be his go-to blue-steel look he uses in photos and that music video.

I mean the weirdest thing is I've seen Chef more than once, and I can't recall any part of RDJ being in it.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Chef is great and it being Favreau post-Iron Man and burnt out is just the cherry on top

It's pretty funny that he followed it up by becoming Disney's in-house director though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Who would have thought after watching Swingers that Gutter from PCU would end up having the better career than Baby Face Trent

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

kiimo posted:

Who would have thought after watching Swingers that Gutter from PCU would end up having the better career than Baby Face Trent
He was so money and we didn’t even know it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

he's growsed up and he's growsed up and he's growsed up

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

No, she's Jon Faveraus ex that plays a major role. Funny that Scarlett Johansson gets equal placement despite being in the movie for like 5 minutes.

Anyway, watch Chef. It's quite good.

Wait, that poster/movie is real????????

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Looten Plunder posted:

Wait, that poster/movie is real????????

There's a scene where John Leguizamo and the kid bond because they rub corn starch on their nuts.

I don't remember RDJ or Dustin Hoffman being in it, but it's pretty good. There's a Netflix food show based on it. It's just Jon Favreau hanging out with people like Dave Filoni and Robert Rodriguez. And he has chefs like Roi Choi teaching some dope food.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Fartington Butts posted:

I don't remember RDJ or Dustin Hoffman being in it, but it's pretty good.

I had to rewatch the trailer to remember what RDJ was doing. Still not sure who his character was, but he was the super rich guy that made Favreau put on the paper shoe covers so he didn't gently caress up his expensive floor.

Hoffman was the owner of the restaurant that Favreau initially worked for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Fartington Butts posted:

There's a scene where John Leguizamo and the kid bond because they rub corn starch on their nuts.

I don't remember RDJ or Dustin Hoffman being in it, but it's pretty good. There's a Netflix food show based on it. It's just Jon Favreau hanging out with people like Dave Filoni and Robert Rodriguez. And he has chefs like Roi Choi teaching some dope food.

i need to watch both the movie and the show, but one of the clips i remember circulating from that show was an episode gwyneth paltrow guest starred - where she revealed she could not recall which mcu movie she cameo'd in, which can be read as an indictment of paltro, the mcu, or both

The Saddest Rhino fucked around with this message at 07:52 on May 12, 2022