Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

PINOCCHIO JOE WILL NEVER BE A REAL PRESIDENT.

Joe Biden is a walking, talking, stumbling, mumbling disaster. Yet in his own mind, he’s never done anything wrong. Ever. If pressed into a corner he lies. He lies regardless of circumstances. He’s a demented and corrupt spewer of lies. He actually thinks he’s president. Wrong. The election was stolen for him. He’s not my president and I will never call him president.

Sleepy Joe continues to carry out Obama’s plans for America’s destruction. Hillary was supposed to do that but she flopped. Now we have a puppet in office. Pinocchio Joe. Barry pulls his strings. Joe is an accomplished liar who is held in contempt by most Americans. In his latest press conference he blamed inflation on everyone but himself. Pathetic.

Pinocchio Joe will never be a real president.

—Ben Garrison

Just reminding everyone he hates Biden, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Best Overall
Short, to the point, perfectly understandable, and relatable. Nothing else to say, it's a genuinely good cartoon.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Gonna hot take here. Ramirez is an exceptional artist. I am envious of his detail and linework. Payne (he is the gas go vroom guy right?) Had the most distinct and cleanest style and it is fantastic, though it is hard to read where your eye should follow.

I have more but those are the top of my mind.

People who are really good at visual art can be conveying really lovely stuff.

Garrison is a loving caricature artist lol he sucks so bad visually.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Payne's style is a lot of things but I definitely wouldn't call it clean.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Yeah clean is the wrong word. Intentional. I like it!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Raised By Birds posted:

Just reminding everyone he hates Biden, I guess.

What the hell is with that puppet frame :psyduck:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Steve Benson

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Mike Lester

Joel Pett

Rob Rogers

Drew Sheneman

Jeff Stahler

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

:doubt:

Tony Branco

quote:

Operation Distraction: Democrats are hoping the abortion issue will distract voters from their American disaster.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

....because Democrats invented the Supreme Court's leaked decision, as a distraction, of course

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

This has to be the twentieth time he's published this same drat cartoon

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That's not even true considering our childbirth mortality rate.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

AxGrap posted:

Yeah clean is the wrong word. Intentional. I like it!

What is so mind-blowing about Payne is how his style and level of effort has shifted over time. Here's some of his earliest work:

You can see some of the loose, heavy lines that would eventually become his only kind of lines.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Discendo Vox posted:

What is so mind-blowing about Payne is how his style and level of effort has shifted over time. Here's some of his earliest work:

You can see some of the loose, heavy lines that would eventually become his only kind of lines.

Also he seems to be anti-pollution instead of cheering it on.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

AxGrap posted:

Gonna hot take here. Ramirez is an exceptional artist. I am envious of his detail and linework. Payne (he is the gas go vroom guy right?) Had the most distinct and cleanest style and it is fantastic, though it is hard to read where your eye should follow.

Ramirez uses crosshatch tools which is why it looks so uniform. In general his caricatures are poo poo and everything looks ugly as gently caress. Yeah he puts a lot of effort into backgrounds but you really don't gotta hand it to him

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Raised By Birds posted:

Gary Varvel

A Game Show Host Who Somehow Became President posted:

They took away our lightbulb. I want an incandescent light. I want to look better, okay? I want to pay less money to look better. Does that make sense? You pay much less money and you look much better. And on top of that, with the new bulbs, if they break it’s considered a hazardous waste site. It’s all gases inside and you’re supposed to bring it back to where you bought it in a sealed container. Give me a break.

I asked the people, the professionals. Well, what do people do when it breaks, because they break all the time? What do they do? Nothing, they throw it away. So I owe — a lot of people didn’t know, they didn’t understand. You get a much better light at a much reduced cost, and it’s much safer. Because when those other bulbs break they really are dangerous. The gases come out, they’re dangerous.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
New lights bad, very old lights bad, lights around when I was young good.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Am I misreading this, or is it actually positioning itself as "why are courts so political?" because I feel like I want to throw my phone across the room and assume the fetal position.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Pretty sure it's saying that it's insanely obvious the supreme court is political and you'd have to be a real dunce to claim otherwise. It's a pretty standard "what makes you say X is happening?" [backdrop: X is happening] setup. It offers no opinion as to why it is happening, but I think it's still only the farthest fringe of the cult that openly embraces Handmaid/Qanon shaman imagery so it's likely at least saying it is a bad thing.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 11:21 on May 12, 2022

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Psaki getting all the credit she could expect for disavowing pro-choice protestors. Her quotation gets cut in half and used to say she approves of various strawman goons.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Pretty sure it's saying that it's insanely obvious the supreme court is political and you'd have to be a real dunce to claim otherwise. It's a pretty standard "what makes you say X is happening?" [backdrop: X is happening] setup. It offers no opinion as to why it is happening, but I think it's still only the farthest fringe of the cult that openly embraces Handmaid/Qanon shaman imagery so it's likely at least saying it is a bad thing.

100%. Here are two more Arail toons where he shows he's got a good head on his shoulders, at least about this issue. They're links because I dont know the arcane rites you need to save image from Gocomics.

https://www.gocomics.com/robert-ariail/2022/05/04
https://www.gocomics.com/robert-ariail/2022/05/05

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Raised By Birds posted:

Gary Varvel

Huh, isn't that an LED bulb? Didn't think Varvel would be in favour of those.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I think it's specifically a response to the various think pieces about how, "Even if I we don't agree with the courts decisions, we have to respects it's legitimacy/tradition." Basically a less direct version of this cartoon.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Tindalos posted:

Huh, isn't that an LED bulb? Didn't think Varvel would be in favour of those.

It's LED, incandescents don't have that high plastic collar.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I get liking Ramirez if you're into detailed cartoons of planes and cars and stuff

Payne's drawings look like a third grader did them and every single one is aggrieved boomer nonsense, just the same picture over and over of the enemy of the week with their nose in the air sneering at Real Americans

It's weird to see his old stuff where the art is actually good like he spent more than 6 minutes on it, and also he doesn't hate the earth

Discendo Vox posted:

If he'd drawn this today it'd be a guy in a big car looking down his nose at a poor sad worker on the side of the road. The bumper sticker on the car would say "I hate factory workers" and "Made In China"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

I get liking Ramirez if you're into detailed cartoons of planes and cars and stuff

Ramirez' art may be detailed but it's still not good art. His planes have a lot of lines but they're still not well drawn.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

On this topic, reminder that loving Branco of all people is actually a reasonably competent artist when he's not doing childish hate scribbles:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

First thing I thought of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85t3aLQzTsI

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's LED, incandescents don't have that high plastic collar.

Christ, this makes me realize we've definitely got people buying LED bulbs while confidently talking about how these old things are way better than newfangled light bulbs and the liberals will have to take them from their cold dead hands

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The Justice's addresses should be easy to find so that people can excercise their perfectly legal rights to assemble and protest.
AGC

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

This is a comic strip. You shouldn't have the characters describe the thing they are looking at, just show it. There is no reason not to have a few extras wearing orange. You can just reuse some old clip art and the fill tool.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Kit Walker posted:

Christ, this makes me realize we've definitely got people buying LED bulbs while confidently talking about how these old things are way better than newfangled light bulbs and the liberals will have to take them from their cold dead hands

Being angry at things you don't understand is like the centaur tenet of conservatism, and I'm just gonna leave that autocomplete intact.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dubar posted:

Being angry at things you don't understand is like the centaur tenet of conservatism, and I'm just gonna leave that autocomplete intact.

Yeah, Varvel was the cartoonist for my local paper awhile back and it is absolutely the case that he used one of his own bulbs as a reference and he genuinely believes it's an incandescent because he doesn't understand the faintest bit about what he's talking about. The Centaurs of Conservatism are indeed not much interested in nuance or rigor.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Queen’s speech – Boris Johnson has been accused of being ‘bereft of ideas’ after a speech that made little mention of the cost of living crisis"

Telegraph:

Street votes on England planning rules ‘will not increase affordable housing’

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

GDP: UK economy shrank 0.1% in March

:yayclod: I'm dogsitting from tomorrow - service might be disrupted for a few weeks.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ben Garrison posted:

THE GREAT CRYPTO CRASH OF 2022

Just over a decade ago my brother told me about a new form of currency called “Bitcoin.” I looked into it and decided not to get involved. It looked like a Ponzi scheme to me. A scam. Instead I stuck with silver, which soon crashed. By 2015 I had to sell my remaining silver due to hard financial times. My stacking days were at an end, but I should have bought Bitcoin when I had the chance.

If someone had framed crypto currency as a means to escape the debt dollar, I might have been more interested. On the other hand, there is no escape from the debt dollar. Bitcoin remains tied to King Dollar. Now we’re seeing the stock market crash because the Fed is raising interest rates to combat the inflation it created. Cryptos began crashing, too.

Crypto currency, like gold and silver, are inextricably tied to the dreadful debt dollar that enslaves us all. When people ask what Bitcoin is worth today, they mean what it is worth in dollars. King dollar still rules. There was never an escape to an alternate currency. That was all wishful thinking.One could have bought precious metals instead of Bitcoin, but everyone knows that gold and silver prices are rigged.

Bitcoin prices were harder to rig, hence the moonshot rise. Still, gold and silver remain REAL money according to our Constitution. The dollar used to represent precious metal and paper currency could be cashed in for the ‘real’ thing, gold and silver. This was not good enough for the central bankers who were given control of our money. They wanted to print up endless fiat paper to enrich themselves and impoverish the rest of us by means of debt and inflation.

Bitcoin went up because ‘greater fools’ kept buying it. Now that prices are collapsing we may never see true market value because Bitcoin is backed by nothing. It certainly isn’t anything physical. It’s a mathematical concept. It’s coding on a computer bank. Sure, some will say Bitcoin represents the expensive electricity used to ‘mine’ the coins and that’s what gives it value, but naturally Bitcoin would have to be converted into debt dollars first to buy that electricity back and since many of the coins are now underwater, it’s a losing proposition.

The biggest crypto crash was LUNA, which is related to the ‘stable coin’ family. It was anything but stable. It crashed 97 percent on May 11 due to a disaster with its algorithms. It’s too complex for me to understand, but it was recently as high as $120 per token. As of this writing it’s worth .004 cents.

There’s nothing to stop other cryptos from repeating the same pattern of collapse. There is no safety net. I recommend sticking with gold and silver, even if they’re boring because the price remains suppressed by the central bankers. At least precious metal is a good store of value. Gold will never go to zero.

It might be better to give up on speculating and currencies altogether. Instead, buy garden seeds, ammo, storable food, small bottles of liquor, and cigarettes. Those items might end up being more desirable for trading purposes than theoretical money, debt paper, and shiny discs of metal.
He has been selling NFTs on his site for about a year now.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

quote:

Just over a decade ago my brother told me about a new form of currency called “Bitcoin.” I looked into it and decided not to get involved. It looked like a Ponzi scheme to me. A scam. Instead I stuck with silver, which soon crashed.

Anyway so i kept buying silver and

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Garrison doesn’t know what he wants.

Fiat currency is bad, we shouldn’t tie the value of metals to the dollar. We should go back to the gold standard….which also ties gold to the dollar.

I should have bought into bitcoin early, except I actually should stick with precious metals even though I was forced to sell my silver off after bankers forced it to crash.

Also please buy my Trump NFTs.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dubar posted:

Somewhere Pence gets excited and doesn't know why

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pants Donkey posted:

Garrison doesn’t know what he wants.
Neoreaction a BasiliskCentaur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I have two pounds of carrot seeds and a small bottle of scotch, how much .303cal will you give for them?