Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

John Forester would be proud of all the strong young men in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

sat on my keys! posted:

i see a lot of parents with cargo e-bikes bringing multiple kids to school. seems better than driving until the kids are old enough to bike themselves.

the other day i was coming home on the bike path and a dad and his little kid overtook me on an ebike, and in the process the kid turned to me and said "hello! my bike is faster than yours!" and it was incredibly cute

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Smythe posted:

yea its weird but thats how all the ebike kits are.

that's wild, at least in my case the weight differential is so huge that I change my rear tire twice for every front tire change

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Smythe posted:

yea its weird but thats how all the ebike kits are.

You can get kits in front, rear, and mid motor. They all sort of have their own advantages. Front motor tends to be the cheapest and easiest to convert.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

that's wild, at least in my case the weight differential is so huge that I change my rear tire twice for every front tire change

is this some sort of self-own?

Apr 7, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

is this some sort of self-own?

I don't know, is it?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I don't know, is it?

it sounds like one, but i don't know enough about bikes to confirm it

Apr 7, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

it sounds like one, but i don't know enough about bikes to confirm it

There's very little weight over the front wheel on a modern bike of any sort

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

There's very little weight over the front wheel on a modern bike of any sort

yeah but how much weight is there over the back wheel on yours. a lot i bet. owned

Apr 7, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

yeah but how much weight is there over the back wheel on yours. a lot i bet. owned

I'm 185 lbs and 5'7". I can also get on a bike and ride a hundred miles in about six hours at 41 years old.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I'm 185 lbs and 5'7". I can also get on a bike and ride a hundred miles in about six hours at 41 years old.

im not gonna lie dude its kind of sad that you felt like you had something to prove to me

Apr 7, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

im not gonna lie dude its kind of sad that you felt like you had something to prove to me

You brought it up, dingdong.

Let me know when you can do a hundred miles in six hours on a bike.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

:gizz:

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Petanque posted:

the other day i was coming home on the bike path and a dad and his little kid overtook me on an ebike, and in the process the kid turned to me and said "hello! my bike is faster than yours!" and it was incredibly cute

I get passed up by old geezers on ebikes all the time. They always sort of give me a smirk as they buzz by. It's ok, they aren't in a car so I let them live out their pathetic lives.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im going to become enormously fat as a meme

Apr 7, 2003

Smythe posted:

too many people are already doing this

Apr 7, 2003

Leroy Diplowski posted:

I get passed up by old geezers on ebikes all the time. They always sort of give me a smirk as they buzz by. It's ok, they aren't in a car so I let them live out their pathetic lives.

My issue with ebike speedsters is that they don't ever call as they pass you on the left at 22 mph and make you poo poo yourself

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnavcUHC6zc

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You brought it up, dingdong.

Let me know when you can do a hundred miles in six hours on a bike.

again it is kind of disappointing you felt the need to flex that because i made a "goons are fat" joke. like it does not reflect super well on your self-esteem. it sounds like you're in great shape, you should really feel secure and good about that and not let your ego get irritated by my bad posts. wishing you well and gently caress cars xoxo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

too many people are already doing this

huge fat guy: har har har give humburber

euro waif gay guy: uhmmm EXUCSE ME?

Doctor: YOu're going to die. NOW!

Wife: Divorce. Files.

huge fat guy: give lard! i hunger for more grease! bwahahahaha

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Apr 7, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

again it is kind of disappointing you felt the need to flex that because i made a "goons are fat" joke. like it does not reflect super well on your self-esteem. it sounds like you're in great shape, you should really feel secure and good about that and not let your ego get irritated by my bad posts. wishing you well and gently caress cars xoxo

You brought it up!!!

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Yeah but can you take your bike to the grocery store and load it up with a week's worth of food? Or throw a tent on it and go on a camping trip?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im 5'10" 155 lbs :tipshat:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You brought it up!!!

it was a joke my fellow posting pal, of the sort we make here in C SPAM, it is sincerely uncomfortable that you took it so personally. i did not mean to offend you

Apr 7, 2003

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Yeah but can you take your bike to the grocery store and load it up with a week's worth of food? Or throw a tent on it and go on a camping trip?

yeah, pannier bags

Cup Runneth Over posted:

it was a joke my fellow posting pal, of the sort we make here in C SPAM, it is sincerely uncomfortable that you took it so personally. i did not mean to offend you

you hosed up real bad

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
panini bag. slurp

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

My issue with ebike speedsters is that they don't ever call as they pass you on the left at 22 mph and make you poo poo yourself

I ride on the road where there are cars. I will poo poo myself until the last one is defeated.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Yeah buddy!

Panniers are the poo poo but I recently finished the gathering the parts for making a diy flatbed trailer.

Looking forward to riding around the alleys and piling the trailer with the random junk I find in people garbage.

There's a guy in town who has a bicycle boat trailer with a little sabot that he pulls down to the marina and rows around in. He's sort of my hero.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Yeah buddy!

Panniers are the poo poo but I recently finished the gathering the parts for making a diy flatbed trailer.

Looking forward to riding around the alleys and piling the trailer with the random junk I find in people garbage.

There's a guy in town who has a bicycle boat trailer with a little sabot that he pulls down to the marina and rows around in. He's sort of my hero.

be cool if the bike detached from the tires and docked into the boat and the gearing connected and it became a peddle boat

Apr 7, 2003

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Yeah buddy!

I saw some long haulers today with kitty litter bin panniers. loving ace, god bless, I have way more respect for them than I do for the Ortlieb crowd.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
another thing tat would be cool is if it was a giant robot & had a sexy anime girl pilot inside it or maybe shes a robot too

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Pryor on Fire posted:

Swapping out one element for another does not eliminate the manufacturing and recycling problems. Aren't those e bike batteries all custom sized and integrated into the frame? That poo poo is all just getting thrown in the ocean nobody will deal with that.

I mean it's less insanely toxic once dumped, and doesn't involve lithium and cobalt? The actual cells themselves are just jammed into whatever battery case the bike manufacturer wants to go with, so if you want to use the cells for something else you just pull them out

Na ion chemistry also looks like it will have amazing cycle life compared to current lithium batteries as well

El Pollo Blanco has issued a correction as of 05:21 on May 13, 2022

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I mean it's less insanely toxic once dumped, and doesn't involve lithium and cobalt? The actual cells themselves are just jammed into whatever battery case the bike manufacturer wants to go with, so if you want to use the cells for something else you just pull them out

i wish my dad pulled out lol. so that i wold not be alive to read these posts. :amen:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Smythe posted:

Ah, an e-bike enthusiast.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Cup Runneth Over posted:

At least you didn't make a joke about fluffdaddy being "light."

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Smythe posted:

i wish my dad pulled out lol. so that i wold not be alive to read these posts. :amen:

I wish I didn't exist so I didn't have to post too

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Smythe posted:

im 5'10" 155 lbs :tipshat:

I can bench press u.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait