Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

weird how everyone's freaking out about a clean hit that doesn't even touch his head unless you're cherry picking stills from bad angles!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

THE MACHO MAN posted:

weird how everyone's freaking out about a clean hit that doesn't even touch his head unless you're cherry picking stills from bad angles!

yeah weird to freak out about the guy who took an elbowing penalty thirty seconds into the game and then later elbowed another player both of who just happened to be the two best players on the Penguins

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

THE MACHO MAN posted:

https://i.imgur.com/91oN1r6.mp4

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
i hope we litigate this for the entire offseason

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It was a good hockey play and Trouba is a dying breed of manly men that hockey desperately misses.

Read more on my blog, wherehaveyougonemattcooke.com

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
based on the way this series has gone, I think Carolina will win game 7 and score at least 5 goals

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

yeah weird to freak out about the guy who took an elbowing penalty thirty seconds into the game and then later elbowed another player both of who just happened to be the two best players on the Penguins

There's no way he knew Jake Guentzel is the second best player on the Penguins.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Justin Holl was an absolute disaster tonight but Liljegren’s been sitting for 4 games and also wasn’t good when he was in. Not sure what Keefe does but I’m sure it’ll be stupid.

Regardless of what happens in game 7 I hope Alex Kerfoot’s on a different team next year. The Leafs could use the salary and he’s not good enough at scoring to make up for his nonsense.

e: Also remember how Dubas traded for McCann so that he could expose him and not lose Holl/Kerfoot if Seattle took him? Pretty loving funny.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Not sure what Dubas does but I'm sure it'll be stupid.

That's the real problem, even if they fire Keefe the same guy that hired him will be picking his replacement and isn't likely to do much better. You'll be lucky not to have The Return of Paul Maurice. What we need is to be tougher!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
So close. I guessed 7, I'm okay with it continuing. Everyone was losing their edges out there towards the end, fluke goal, it happens. This is definitely the best I've seen them play post-2016. They can finish this.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I think calling it a fluke goal is ignoring that this team has started three straight games going down 2-0 or worse. The heroics to come back are just noise, Keefe can’t get this team to start on time and if you go down two goals you’re going to lose most of the time. This team probably deserves to have lost the series already, and Keefe is getting lots of credit for what are essentially score effects and inconsistent referees.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1524951523511386128

Didn't he get arrested for this???

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

I think calling it a fluke goal is ignoring that this team has started three straight games going down 2-0 or worse. The heroics to come back are just noise, Keefe can’t get this team to start on time and if you go down two goals you’re going to lose most of the time. This team probably deserves to have lost the series already, and Keefe is getting lots of credit for what are essentially score effects and inconsistent referees.

But if they score 2 goals first and then blow the lead in the third you'll still complain, so there's no pleasing Leafs fans.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

For the record he never showed brain, he simply dropped his pants but was still wearing boxers

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Honestly I think Toronto is the better team. Tampa has played too much, and been gutted by the cap. Thank god for the dynasty stamp that Aphrodite approved. I can die now. The best poster. For the best team. Godobye

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Someone tell Mathew's it's too late to trade for Giroux

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1524952084491255808?t=OnDF-sz7j2Z3x97Op2rlfQ&s=19

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

What's with the dude stripping off his Stamkos jersey?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

He probably thought it would jinx the Lightning or some stupid poo poo. Police believe alcohol was involved.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

What a range of jerseys there. Impressive.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Spelling Mitsake posted:

"Okayyyyyy, time to leave without getting murdered..."

*someone else notices, takes off their Holl jersey*

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Wonderllama posted:

Honestly I think Toronto is the better team. Tampa has played too much, and been gutted by the cap. Thank god for the dynasty stamp that Aphrodite approved. I can die now. The best poster. For the best team. Godobye

Any other team I'd say that they've been great over the last 5+ periods with a few isolated hiccups in between, appear to have their systems working, and therefore should be in great shape for game 7 at home. But it's the Leafs.

Nah that was butt stuff totally different.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Spelling Mitsake posted:

:thejoke:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

Any other team I'd say that they've been great over the last 5+ periods with a few isolated hiccups in between, appear to have their systems working, and therefore should be in great shape for game 7 at home. But it's the Leafs.

IMO playing great so long as you excuse the fuckups, and once you’re already down multiple goals, isn’t actually playing great at all. The Leafs should be favoured with home ice and how even the results have been, but the process has looked real bad to me.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Gods I hope the Leafs are favored, I love free money.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://twitter.com/CMS_74_/status/1524942914723389449?s=20&t=63Pq3Rxubr5_-kBsitZ7Zw hahahaha

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

They almost never call that away from the play

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Go ahead, try posting it in another thread, he'll also be there to handwave it away

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

They almost never call that away from the play

:ssh: heehee isn’t a Leafs fan, they’re just laughing at Matthews getting dragged around

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Go ahead, try posting it in another thread, he'll also be there to handwave it away

I'm not hand waving it away, it should be a penalty but it's something refs never call away from the puck.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Koopa Kid posted:

:ssh: heehee isn’t a Leafs fan, they’re just laughing at Matthews getting dragged around

Haha I know that, more about the tweet itself

It's incredible that people are finding reasons the Leafs lost aside from ghosts and curses and Keefe

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I just remembered how Keefe did a whole media tour about how the series was going to be “borderline violent” and dressed Clifford and Simmonds to take penalties and be terrible, and since they were both rightfully benched there’s actually been very little roughhousing of any kind. Like, Matthews has been throwing the biggest hits out there.

It’s almost like Keefe is a terrible coach projecting his own hockey career onto the series who undercut his team by dressing a bunch of bad players early.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

There's a reason he looks like a cop from newmarket

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The rules are probably going to be turned off in game 7, which is the hockey goon’s time to shine.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Powershift posted:

The rules are probably going to be turned off in game 7, which is the hockey goon’s time to shine.

If you know of anybody that can goon it up and actually play hockey please tell Kyle Dubas ASAP, the Leafs don’t have any of those guys

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Koopa Kid posted:

If you know of anybody that can goon it up and actually play hockey please tell Kyle Dubas ASAP, the Leafs don’t have any of those guys

What happened to that guy who got kicked out for boarding there. His misconduct would have been offsetting minors in game 7.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Tampa's skill guys seem super dirty with their sticks

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

This is delightful as he rips the jersey off so...

Spelling Mitsake posted:

...he doesn't get shanked on the subway/train/bus home.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Powershift posted:

What happened to that guy who got kicked out for boarding there. His misconduct would have been offsetting minors in game 7.

Ah classic mistake, Kyle Clifford doesn’t actually play hockey, he just glides around hoping to catch someone to brutalize when they’re not looking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Koopa Kid posted:

ya i was just laughing at how insanely blatant it was lol