Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I think that even if people could and did rat in PVP fits. The hunters have the initiative and aren't going to take a fight that they aren't certain that they're going to win most of the time.

That or they come with gangs anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Dalmuti posted:

We should start doing that thing where we paste unhinged r/eve posts in here as our own again

:smugdog:

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Feliday Melody posted:

I think that even if people could and did rat in PVP fits. The hunters have the initiative and aren't going to take a fight that they aren't certain that they're going to win most of the time.

That or they come with gangs anyway.

its this. no matter how much he insists otherwise, gamers (edit: mostly) do not start fights they dont expect to win. they run

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

in what world do you think scamming someone in a video game that explicitly states scamming is good and cool is being a 'pathalagical' liar and an... abuser?

how can you compare someone beating their wife and telling them you can double their isk in eve?

nothing you've posted itt has been of any value, 80% of your posts are just swinging at me

I guess you are stupid enough to think that the only type of abuse is punching a spouse.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

anyway, hey, have you heard the good news? CCP got their poo poo together and hired Mittens.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

dragonshardz posted:

anyway, hey, have you heard the good news? CCP got their poo poo together and hired Mittens.

Nice

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

dragonshardz posted:

Perhaps the most pro click thing ever posted in this thread or on the internet.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

dragonshardz posted:

:golfclap:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Is that for real?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

dragonshardz posted:

Okay that has to be a rickroll. In tyool 2022?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

nuff said

everything else has already been refuted, numerous times

mitigation doesn't matter when local itself is all you need: source is the billion rental corporations (that are most definitely not bots) that simply dock up when a non blue enters local

i don't think you know who i am or what i do, it seems you've drank the pubbie propaganda of what i am

i've pretty much played every pvp playstyle in eve to it's nth degree and have found these blaring issues- this isn't to say i actually want more people to die, it's to say i want more people to WANT TO put themselves in positions where they can die. eve should reward those who do risky things, not reward those who stay in safe spaces and farm 24.7

the fundamental problem is the highest tier of competitive gameplay has some of the most risk free pve activities associated with it. this is a problem

Listen. There is no doubt in my mind that you are a better player than me at this game and probably amongst the best in the game.

But that does not mean that your coclusions about what need be done to fix the game are correct.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

dragonshardz posted:

Should have sent a poet

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

dragonshardz posted:

congratulations Mittens on your new position, im sure the influence on the games direction will be positive

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

CainFortea posted:

I guess you are stupid enough to think that the only type of abuse is punching a spouse.

no, it's a type of abuse though

i still can't believe you compare scamming in a game to abusing your wife

pretty sick bro

Dalael posted:

Listen. There is no doubt in my mind that you are a better player than me at this game and probably amongst the best in the game.

But that does not mean that your coclusions about what need be done to fix the game are correct.

it's almost as if that's why we have conversation about things, to find out what works and what doesn't without derailing into 'huehue you're just looking out for your own interest' posts

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i cant tell who is trolling who anymore

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

OMFG FURRY posted:

i cant tell who is trolling who anymore

I don't know if I got trolled or not with the Mittens thing (Numismancer, care to comment?), but if I did it was a good one!

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
the page redirects, its a troll

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

eveoiine (2 i's)

might be a troll but hard to tell :argh:

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Sorry guys, saw some of those posts on r/eve and given the shitshow of this thread thought it could use some deep wisdom from the Reddit sewer.

:smithfrog:

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

lmao, how do you all use the internet all day without getting scammed out of your bank account or installing a bunch of malware. you're worse than my boomer coworkers

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

WorkerThread posted:

lmao, how do you all use the internet all day without getting scammed out of your bank account or installing a bunch of malware. you're worse than my boomer coworkers

That's Eve. It's made up of marks and grifters and nothing else.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I choose to believe the thingy is real, congrats Mittens!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

WorkerThread posted:

Why would I not trust a link provided to me on the something awful forums?!

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
i guess the FIRE website might get sued by the EU if they don't notify everyone of the leak or something

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

So I don't know if this is the place for a big "help me please" effort post but I don't really know where else to put this. The recent price hike on accounts has caused me to re-evaluate how many I'm willing to run at once, but I'm having difficulty in deciding which ones to ditch/transfer. I was hoping the Fanfest reveals would contain something that grabbed me and steered me in a direction but unfortunately nothing did.

The 7 accounts I currently Omega are:

1: Main Account ~48mil SP
- Main pilot that flies/is always training to fly the generic subcap doctrine ships
- Jita Alt

2: Logi Account ~27mil SP
- Subcap logi pilot who is currently training towards being a FAX pilot as well
- Salvage/hauling alt that can fly DSTs
- a PI char

3: Ratting Alt 1 ~ 27mil SP
- This was my main ratting character when I did Ishtar ratting in 2016, now she has good Domi/drone skills and is training to fly a carrier

4: Ratting Alt 2 ~8mil SP
- A character I started to do havens in a squad of 4 praxis' with all my ratting accounts, can now fly a smartbombing machariel
- a PI char

5: Ratting Alt 3 ~8mil SP
- Same as above
- a PI char

6: Ratting Alt 4 ~30mil SP (14mil unspent)
- a character I bought cheapish off a friend that still has 14 million unspent SP (don't ask) that is about 7 days off being the gunning character for a trio of smartbombing machs with Ratting alts 2/3

7: Dread alt ~8mil SP
- a dread alt I've had training for 6 months or so

Currently my eve online routine is going on fleets with my main (or logi alt if needed) doing incursions sometimes when we get a delve spawn, and ratting in havens occasionally with 4 praxis' for ISK generation. I was training towards 3 smart bombing machs to replace the praxis squad and that's nearly complete.

THINGS I WOULD LIKE:
- Main subcap pilot for fleets
- A dread pilot so I can take part in the big cap fights
- A carrier pilot (possibly need 2, I was considering using some of the 14 million free SP) for killing dread spawns and other "big" ratting, and for incursions and suitcasing (along with the dread) for gef deployments etc
- Some form of ISK generation that is "log on for an hour or two some evenings to unwind" style, I liked haven ratting for this reason
- To only have to pay for 3 (max 4) accounts per month. If others can be kept online via plexing in a way that doesn't take up more than a few hours a month of space work I'm ok with that too

The carrier and dread alts currently have their skill queues loaded and are subbed for 6-8 months each and will have finished training by the time their subs expire so I don't have to worry about them for a while.

I'm not averse to selling some of the characters for ISK, but they're quite a hodgepodge of skills so it may not be worth it. I think I'd enjoy the trio of smartbombers ratting havens, but that kind of requires 4 accounts to run (with the salvager) so I'd have to shuffle characters around. I also as yet have not sorted out cyno alts, which I guess I'd have to MCT on my existing accounts (one for each cap pilot?)

Alternately if there's a better place to post this feel free to tell me to gently caress off there.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

NtotheTC posted:

So I don't know if this is the place for a big "help me please" effort post but I don't really know where else to put this. The recent price hike on accounts has caused me to re-evaluate how many I'm willing to run at once, but I'm having difficulty in deciding which ones to ditch/transfer. I was hoping the Fanfest reveals would contain something that grabbed me and steered me in a direction but unfortunately nothing did.

The 7 accounts I currently Omega are:

1: Main Account ~48mil SP
- Main pilot that flies/is always training to fly the generic subcap doctrine ships
- Jita Alt

2: Logi Account ~27mil SP
- Subcap logi pilot who is currently training towards being a FAX pilot as well
- Salvage/hauling alt that can fly DSTs
- a PI char

3: Ratting Alt 1 ~ 27mil SP
- This was my main ratting character when I did Ishtar ratting in 2016, now she has good Domi/drone skills and is training to fly a carrier

4: Ratting Alt 2 ~8mil SP
- A character I started to do havens in a squad of 4 praxis' with all my ratting accounts, can now fly a smartbombing machariel
- a PI char

5: Ratting Alt 3 ~8mil SP
- Same as above
- a PI char

6: Ratting Alt 4 ~30mil SP (14mil unspent)
- a character I bought cheapish off a friend that still has 14 million unspent SP (don't ask) that is about 7 days off being the gunning character for a trio of smartbombing machs with Ratting alts 2/3

7: Dread alt ~8mil SP
- a dread alt I've had training for 6 months or so

Currently my eve online routine is going on fleets with my main (or logi alt if needed) doing incursions sometimes when we get a delve spawn, and ratting in havens occasionally with 4 praxis' for ISK generation. I was training towards 3 smart bombing machs to replace the praxis squad and that's nearly complete.

THINGS I WOULD LIKE:
- Main subcap pilot for fleets
- A dread pilot so I can take part in the big cap fights
- A carrier pilot (possibly need 2, I was considering using some of the 14 million free SP) for killing dread spawns and other "big" ratting, and for incursions and suitcasing (along with the dread) for gef deployments etc
- Some form of ISK generation that is "log on for an hour or two some evenings to unwind" style, I liked haven ratting for this reason
- To only have to pay for 3 (max 4) accounts per month. If others can be kept online via plexing in a way that doesn't take up more than a few hours a month of space work I'm ok with that too

The carrier and dread alts currently have their skill queues loaded and are subbed for 6-8 months each and will have finished training by the time their subs expire so I don't have to worry about them for a while.

I'm not averse to selling some of the characters for ISK, but they're quite a hodgepodge of skills so it may not be worth it. I think I'd enjoy the trio of smartbombers ratting havens, but that kind of requires 4 accounts to run (with the salvager) so I'd have to shuffle characters around. I also as yet have not sorted out cyno alts, which I guess I'd have to MCT on my existing accounts (one for each cap pilot?)

Alternately if there's a better place to post this feel free to tell me to gently caress off there.

Account 1:
Mainline pilot
Abyssals/Havens pilot #1 (triggerman)
Jita/hauling alt

Account 2:
Subcap/FAX logi alt
Abyssals/Havens pilot #2 (Salvage/hauler)
Dread/PI alt

Account 3:
Super/Carrier alt
Abyssals/Havens pilot #3
Dread/PI alt

Account 4:
Carrier/FAX alt
Abyssals/Havens pilot #4
Dread/PI alt

Note that each character you move costs $20 and has to spend some time in an NPC corp to be moved

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Did my second fleet today, but the first that I actually kept up and didn’t get lost on the first “free burn” warp/jump! I was able to do all the T1 things, including my Slasher tackling a big ship (Fortizer?) while emptying my ammo, reloading, and running out altogether. I stayed close by my FC (well, if 30km orbiting is close) and did my best not to poo poo up Fleet until after twenty minutes with 0 hostile forces I finally asked if there was something I was supposed to be doing in my frigate. They laughed and said I was fine, so if I hadn’t borked my overview (tried to disable HUD for a screenshot but accidentally closed all windows so when my fumbling got my Overview back it defaulted to monocolor everything) it would have been uneventful and chill!

On the way back (still not 100% on making routes, looking into spending time w/GARPA), my “click link to set destination then turn on autopilot” cheese meant I jumped before a Bridge (is Titan a specific ship, or just any big ship?) got in system, and by the time I realized I was alone the fleet was gone. I ended up making 25+ jumps home, on autopilot again with a clear destination, and only lost my shields and a bit of structure to NPC blood somethings on a couple of gates before ending up back home in 1DQ, fixing my Slasher’s damage, and buying more ammo for the cargo hold! Going out tomorrow to try and do some exploration in my Probe(s), and watching a few videos and learning how to use system-to-system route navigation in the next few days is my top priority.

I was in fleet from 11:30=>4:00 my time, but still ain’t sure what pap is and why some were salty about it as the op winded down. Do I have to get some proof/item so I don’t get purged? I’m still in my first month, so I’m not really worried about getting kicked out,but I don’t want to not get my participation trophies because I got lost on the way back to my Home Station. Had a bunch of fun, and looking forward to flying in my slowAF cloaked ship (can you fit an Afterburner instead of MWD and go even a little faster-even-though-cloaked?) for a few days exploring my home system, and helping in another fleet if I have gaming time available!

Is this where I salute and say mate a bunch, and get called spai? :commissar:

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Good god that warms my cold, broken, space heart.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

pugnax posted:

Good god that warms my cold, broken, space heart.

Not when you learn I’m a 47 year old manchild, but I really enjoy social games and am completely up front about my ignorance in new systems/games. I have enjoyed Goon company online for twenty years and everyone has been super helpful and generous with advice and spacedollars (an *unnamed-by-request* Goon Plex’d my first month Omega a few weeks ago, which led me to getting a 3mo sub for ~$30 until August to at least not let the learning curve scare me away). I’ve been a big fan of Goon culture since 2001, often through gaming, and Goons played nice with my then-11 y/o son on my WoW account (he’s a 23 y/o college grad now!). Don’t let my enthusiasm fool you: I’m pretty rotten and gross, and my Groverhaus has a load bearing poison womb, but I’ll be certain to pay it forward to any other NewBee once I get my spacelegs under me and get a little bitter that my future means a price increase literally as I joined the game :argh:!

I belong in Gooniversity, but I see a lot of fun things that seem right up my alley in 2022 Eve. Hopefully the exploration and data/relic hunting compliments the PvP fun I’ve already had, b/c I can see myself really making Eve my “main.”

Pubbie tears are always a bonus anyway :hfive:!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
if youre in goonwaffe you dont have to worry about paps

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

DerekSmartymans posted:

time, but still ain’t sure what pap is and why some were salty about it as the op winded down.

Paps are a participation metric that are recorded on alliance level fleets to measure how much the people in various corporations are showing up and contributing, or if they just sit around and do pve content all day.

Goonwaffe proper has zero pap requirements. Go on fleets because they are fun, or dont.

Goonwaffe does have posting requirements. If you dont logon to jabber, mumble, or post on the goonfleet forums once a quarter you get set inactive and kicked, but are welcome to rejoin anytime you feel like playing again.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

I did it, I just logged in and omega’d two accounts for a month. So far I’ve had fun just trying to consolidate assets and get market orders set up to sell a bunch of poo poo.

I’ve got some assets that ended up in the weird Pochven space? Not sure how I’m gonna get them.

Curse seems totally empty?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

MRC48B posted:

Paps are a participation metric that are recorded on alliance level fleets to measure how much the people in various corporations are showing up and contributing, or if they just sit around and do pve content all day.

Goonwaffe proper has zero pap requirements. Go on fleets because they are fun, or dont.

Goonwaffe does have posting requirements. If you dont logon to jabber, mumble, or post on the goonfleet forums once a quarter you get set inactive and kicked, but are welcome to rejoin anytime you feel like playing again.

I had fun, and enjoyed myself even if I didn’t understand exactly what today meant in the meta. I ran my 3070 rig on “high” settings w/1000+ in local and had no hiccups, either…I’ll post a few screenshots after my Granny goes to bed and I can get off my iPad and back on my Eve computer. It was really pretty today!

And shitposting requirements play to my strengths :smug:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

pugnax posted:

I’ve got some assets that ended up in the weird Pochven space? Not sure how I’m gonna get them.

if they're capitals, you won the lotto

Keisari
May 24, 2011

So uh, I haven't bothered to reapply to goonwaffe yet but I've been messing a bit with high-sec industry. I recently got ganked, and only then realized I was hauling like 300 mil worth of poo poo, lmao. That has left me pondering, how much stuff should I haul at most on my Tayra? I reckon its not feasible to protect my Tayra with shield extenders from gankers?

I am very bad at this game, and I have always been. Advice would be much appreciated.

EDIT:

gently caress this, gently caress all of this. I'm just joining goonwaffe with my pile of old capital that I recruitment scammed from pubbies in 2012 and just organizing imports and never undocking.

EDIT2:

Btw, since I was last in goonwaffe about 5-8 years ago and surely my account is 100 % purged by this point, can I just create a new character to join with? I'd like a name change for the old one was dumb.

Keisari fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 14, 2022

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
account won't be purged you just have to re-apply. gsf has 2 very good import/export services.

https://wiki.goonfleet.com/index.php?title=Public:Retvet&redirect=no

ded fucked around with this message at 08:39 on May 14, 2022

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Keisari posted:

That has left me pondering, how much stuff should I haul at most on my Tayra?

nothing, there are freighter services that will service you for 1m a jump

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

ded posted:

account won't be purged you just have to re-apply.

https://wiki.goonfleet.com/index.php?title=Public:Retvet&redirect=no

Yep - I came back in August after not playing for 12 years and still have the same goonfleet dot com account

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'd have to imagine there are no newbies miners and ratters to hunt is because EVE is ancient game and there are no new players left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Rutibex posted:

I'd have to imagine there are no newbies miners and ratters to hunt is because EVE is ancient game and there are no new players left.

True aaaaaaaaaaaand... Yeah, that's pretty true. That's true and- yeah that's true. That's true. That's true- That's pretty true. That's pretty true, I mean- inhales ... That's true. Yeah. That's true. Uhm- That's true. That's fuckin' true. Uhm... That's how it is dude.