Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Some thing I heard was interesting

They are both abusive people.

The court case is where it is because its their game.

and are using you to be a part of their abuse game

By choosing sides, commenting online for/against and being a part of the abuse.

Choose a side and be a part of spousal abuse or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Select your fighter:

Johnny Rage vs. Dook Psyop

Round One FIGHT!!!

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
I'm choosing NOT to be a pawn in some rich peoples stupid poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwcIUAh1YQM

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I'm choosing to be the poo poo. That's right, i'm the bed poo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Some thing I heard was interesting

They are both abusive people.

The court case is where it is because its their game.

and are using you to be a part of their abuse game

By choosing sides, commenting online for/against and being a part of the abuse.

Choose a side and be a part of spousal abuse or whatever

yeah this. i haven't really payed attention but they both seem like gross pieces of sad poo poo.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Idk. Heard said on tape that she had struck Depp and there doesn't seem to be any proof of him hitting her? Also someone mentioned she'd been accused of abuse by a previous partner.

I think this "both sides" stuff is just as premature as outright condemnation. Just because someone seems less likable (no one is likable under full media scrutiny) doesn't mean they're just an irredeemable pos.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

idgaf about this, but it's hilarious how much raw internet incel energy goes into hating any woman that's the bad guy in a news story, it's so loving transparent. Meanwhile famous-dude-beats-his-wife stories come and go every day, with nary a meme.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This but about Amber Heard making GBS threads on the bed.

Why is this so high res? It's beautiful.

vaginite posted:

idgaf about this, but it's hilarious how much raw internet incel energy goes into hating any woman that's the bad guy in a news story, it's so loving transparent. Meanwhile famous-dude-beats-his-wife stories come and go every day, with nary a meme.

lmao

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

vaginite posted:

idgaf about this, but

Ah. Yes. Quite.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

vaginite posted:

I wish more people beat the poo poo out of each other (mostly me).
I will cheer them all equally.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

I'm choosing NOT to be a pawn in some rich peoples stupid poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwcIUAh1YQM

I am not a pawn! And I need to announce that fact to the world so that they can know that I am not a pawn! Behold how I control my own destiny, unencumbered by the manipulation of the evil wealthy people! And how I go into conversations about those people just to let everyone know that I will not participate in those conversations! I AM NOT A PAWN!

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

vaginite posted:

lmao, for sure

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

In the immortal words of permabanned user facetoucher cat, "lamo".

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

the thing about the poo poo in the bed story is it's irrelevant to whether or not depp abused heard, which just goes to show that depp's entire purpose in this trial is humiliating heard

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Metis of the Hallways posted:

the thing about the poo poo in the bed story is it's irrelevant to whether or not depp abused heard, which just goes to show that depp's entire purpose in this trial is humiliating heard

Like making GBS threads in someone's bed isn't some weirdo primate power move?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

it's weird but it pales in comparison to the documented evidence of depp's rages and violence

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

the most powerful move you can make is making GBS threads on someone's bed

and i'm the one who shat there

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

goons are only against amber heard because they are jealous of anyone who can control their bowels enough to poo poo in a bed instead of their pants

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

To make a genuine contribution to discussion in this thread,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec7o2uJeFDE

This video talks about the obsession with turning crime into content has affected the way people are consuming the Depp vs Heard trial in the form of memes and tiktoks that perpetuate myths about the nature of abuse and what a perfect victim should look like. The first two thirds of the video discuss problems with true crime in general and the last third addresses some of the most commonly brought up myths about the current case - yes, including the dog poo poo thing.

Personally I avoided coverage of the case as much as possible but social media kept shoving it in my face, and the way people have turned Heard's testimony about being abused and raped into jokes and memes utterly disgusts me. Dumbasses who think they can read body language say she's not crying enough, and then that her tears are all fake, and make fun of the faces she makes while she's trying to keep her emotions under control.

Last night I read the entire judgment from the UK libel case and it's clear to me that Depp was so drunk and high on many occasions that he barely remembers what he did to her, and his entire staff is made up of sycophants who will do anything to cover up his crimes in order to stay in his good graces and keep getting paid. I do not particularly like Heard nor am I a fan of her, but I don't need to be to believe her. The idea that, in 2013, Heard was already forging evidence (she wrote herself an email about one incident of abuse at that time) in order to concoct claims of abuse to put into action years later is, frankly, absurd, and you should be ashamed of yourself if you believe it.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

To make a genuine contribution to discussion in this thread,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec7o2uJeFDE

This video talks about the obsession with turning crime into content has affected the way people are consuming the Depp vs Heard trial in the form of memes and tiktoks that perpetuate myths about the nature of abuse and what a perfect victim should look like. The first two thirds of the video discuss problems with true crime in general and the last third addresses some of the most commonly brought up myths about the current case - yes, including the dog poo poo thing.

Personally I avoided coverage of the case as much as possible but social media kept shoving it in my face, and the way people have turned Heard's testimony about being abused and raped into jokes and memes utterly disgusts me. Dumbasses who think they can read body language say she's not crying enough, and then that her tears are all fake, and make fun of the faces she makes while she's trying to keep her emotions under control.

Last night I read the entire judgment from the UK libel case and it's clear to me that Depp was so drunk and high on many occasions that he barely remembers what he did to her, and his entire staff is made up of sycophants who will do anything to cover up his crimes in order to stay in his good graces and keep getting paid. I do not particularly like Heard nor am I a fan of her, but I don't need to be to believe her. The idea that, in 2013, Heard was already forging evidence (she wrote herself an email about one incident of abuse at that time) in order to concoct claims of abuse to put into action years later is, frankly, absurd, and you should be ashamed of yourself if you believe it.

i, personally, read all thosae worsd

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

ChubbyChecker posted:

i, personally, read all thosae worsd

i, personally, saw the anime av and dismissed the entire post

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Actors can't lie. Also, you can't trust sycophants. Who are those? Um, well, p much whoever I decide. Good thing Heard got Elon Musk and bad actor James Franco (both of whom have been accused multiple times of sexual assault) on her side.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Kirk Vikernes posted:

i, personally, saw the anime av and dismissed the entire post

o7

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Weird, wonder why all those people were saying GBS hates women. Either way, things have clearly gotten better

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

and the way people have turned Heard's testimony about being abused and raped into jokes and memes utterly disgusts me.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

30k a month in wine is pretty badass, I do the same poo poo but on a middle class price tag, like I’ll come home and slam 10 beers but they’re craft IPAs, not bud light like those trailer park pieces of poo poo, I’m not an alcoholic like them, I’m fancy.

Nobody knows the difference between good and lovely liquor. The only difference between Albertsons 11.99 gallon of whiskey and gentleman jack is how mean the news is to you when you crash your car into a bus.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Brother Tadger posted:

Weird, wonder why all those people were saying GBS hates women. Either way, things have clearly gotten better

What if I'm not vested in either of these assholes and don't give two shits and think there should be some kind of, I dunno, legal process that can be turned to to make a determination rather than wringing my hands in futile despair over this tragic and awful uh... Whatever people are claiming it to be now

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

They already did that in the UK. This is just the abuser going for another swipe at their victim

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Brother Tadger posted:

It’s weird people think it’s limited to GBS.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Brother Tadger posted:

They already did that in the UK. This is just the abuser going for another swipe at their victim

What is your perfect solution to the Amber Heard and Johnny Depp trial which you feel showcases international misogyny and could be used to potentially resolve major issues?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
can't have a fat people hate thread. can't have a women hate thread. what the gently caress am I supposed to post about, the weather?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I consider myself enlightened enough to say that if amber heard was more attractive I would believe her

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

What is your perfect solution to the Amber Heard and Johnny Depp trial which you feel showcases international misogyny and could be used to potentially resolve major issues?

https://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/anti-slapp-law-california

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Bad Purchase posted:

goons are only against amber heard because they are jealous of anyone who can control their bowels enough to poo poo in a bed instead of their pants

:negative:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Ngl id probably still ha e sexual relations wjth amber heard tho. Just like, make sure the nice sheets arent on the bed first

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
did she poo poo right on the bed or did she guide it gently and delicately to the bed with a paper towel, toilet paper, etc? how do you submit questions for the lawyers to ask also

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

So your answer to what the solution to the Heard/Depp case is, is a law already on the books which they would already have recourse to.

Wow that's pretty deep drat you've really put some work into this.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Big Beef City posted:

So your answer to what the solution to the Heard/Depp case is, is a law already on the books which they would already have recourse to.

Wow that's pretty deep drat you've really put some work into this.

They're probably one of those really smart posters from the politics fan forums.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Bad Purchase posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

solar energy panel posted:

I had so much trouble watching this vid. Amber Heard is human garbage. The part where she yells at her mother (who is now dead) has me ready to cry.

I hope she loses

totally normal and fine