Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean it's not any worse than his role as the general guy in grandia xtreme. badly directed but he's one of the two guys giving a decent performance in spite of that. the problem, is everyone else sucking in a dub in a series where the jp voice cast are all consistently hitting it out of the park

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

nobody plays teh version of yakuza with mark hamill majima
I do, and so does in*gami k*rone

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i mean it's not any worse than his role as the general guy in grandia xtreme. badly directed but he's one of the two guys giving a decent performance in spite of that. the problem, is everyone else sucking in a dub in a series where the jp voice cast are all consistently hitting it out of the park

Yak 0 is like a highlight of the entire genre in that they cast older actors famous for playing yakuza roles in movies, modeled the characters after them, and they absolutely nailed it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

I do, and so does in*gami k*rone

she played it in japanese!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm looking forward to more Mob

Also, Like a Dragon had a darn fine dub. At the very least, I don't think there's a wrong choice in that game's audio. Yeah, the JP is gonna feel more legit but the EN was no slouch.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

I'm looking forward to more Mob

Also, Like a Dragon had a darn fine dub. At the very least, I don't think there's a wrong choice in that game's audio. Yeah, the JP is gonna feel more legit but the EN was no slouch.

:yeah:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Larry Parrish posted:

Oh, joy. They're going to bring back ninja blade era from soft.

Good

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
NYAV Post has a pretty solid track record with dubs.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

she played it in japanese!
prove it

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i dont think snail has watched a korone stream in his life

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

If u play yakuza with a dub u have poor vision or are dyslexic. If u are otherwise abled but play yakuza with the dub then you are retarded

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Shinjobi posted:

I am sorry but you simply must go to jail.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dongicus posted:

If u play yakuza with a dub u have poor vision or are dyslexic. If u are otherwise abled but play yakuza with the dub then you are retarded
mark hamils in it though

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/archermation/status/1525563348267728897?s=20&t=nOuYTcP8R_Pa0i091kBZiw

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

homeless snail posted:

mark hamils in it though

he was also in the bad Star Wars movies. overruled

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

he's in one of them and gets mercy killed before the end of it. sustained

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

homeless snail posted:

mark hamils in it though

the ultimate jokers trick

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

homeless snail posted:

he's in one of them and gets mercy killed before the end of it. sustained

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jagged Jim posted:

I am sorry but you simply must go to jail.

This keeps happening :smith:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

homeless snail posted:

mark hamils in it though

Is a sixty year old actor not entitled to the money of his fandom's wallets?

"No!" Says homeless snail.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm sad at what could have been, the nu trilogy was just crippled by a lack of ambition. Say what you will about Lucas and his Protection from Editors enchantment resulting in excessive bloat but at least the prequels were ambitious and had a great sense of epic scope to them.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dongicus posted:

agreed but also lol

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

marley quinn

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm sad at what could have been, the nu trilogy was just crippled by a lack of ambition. Say what you will about Lucas and his Protection from Editors enchantment resulting in excessive bloat but at least the prequels were ambitious and had a great sense of epic scope to them.

i havent seen any of the sequels but i hate them solely for how much prequel apologia theyve inspired. the phantom menace is one of the most boring movies ever made

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mycophobia posted:

i havent seen any of the sequels but i hate them solely for how much prequel apologia theyve inspired. the phantom menace is one of the most boring movies ever made

Revenge of the Sith has cool moments at least

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i believe it's mostly the 2nd and 3rd people like. i don't think anyone likes the phantom menace. even as a kid it was only like the last 20 minutes that were fun

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rogue One was legitimately good imo, and Solo had cool moments. to hell with the sequelk trilogy tho

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
The Podrace section was kinda cool though. :shobon:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

mycophobia posted:

This.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Star Wars Ring Theory.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

mycophobia posted:

The first two are like 50% toy commercial and not very good aside from some pretty fantastic & creative looking stuff and the lightsaber battles. Revenge of the Sith is a classic that holds up however, probably because they already got every toy they planned to make in the first two and decided just to make a movie for the last one.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

star wars is loving cringe gundam is the superior toy commercial

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The phantom menace sucks rear end but I don't think I'd call it boring

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm gonna slay the next person to talk about Star Wars unless they're talking about the Star Wars anime or manga. Beware.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

meanwhile, I'm a macross watching adult, a franchise that never successfully sold toys and they had to sell them as transformers instead

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Ibram Gaunt posted:

agreed but also lol

Problem?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The Last Jedi has a lot of flaws but it's also got some interesting ideas, imo. Of course those interesting ideas are also why half the fandom loathes it, and presumably why Disney smashed the 'abort' button so hard that we ended up with the 3rd absolutely trash one.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Clarste posted:

The Last Jedi has a lot of flaws but it's also got some interesting ideas, imo. Of course those interesting ideas are also why half the fandom loathes it, and presumably why Disney smashed the 'abort' button so hard that we ended up with the 3rd absolutely trash one.

I don't disagree with your take but sadly I must slay you now.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Clarste posted:

Yeah the middle one was legitimately the more interesting one even though it was held back by the events of the previous film.

Then of all of the EU to content mine they had to go with "Idk Palpatine comes back?" for the 3rd when they could've done virtually anything else and been better off for it. Have Darth Revan and the Starforge make a return, that's way more plausible. I couldn't take 1,000 Superstardestroyers each armed with a planet killer gun seriously; but the fully restored starforge endlessly able to produce Star Destroyers? That would've been a reasonable high stakes threat.

e: On that note, Rey being the long lost descendent of the Player Character in KOTOR 1/2/the MMO instead would've been better and more fun than being a Palpatine. Maybe actually have it that Revan's genetic memories are locked inside her and she gets captured/turns herself over and turns into Revan and takes over the First Order while a redeemed Ren has to try to succeed where Solo failed and get her to fight it maybe could be kinda neat(er) way of trying to do that kind of plot.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

star wars is loving cringe gundam is the superior toy commercial

ive only seen wing and its also very boring