Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The best thing AxCx ever did was have its band members die in the dumbest of ways.

e: I'll take this snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Other than the guy that fell into the escalator and Putnam, who else died in a super dumb manner?

I don't really know the story behind the escalator but I guess that's dumb? Heart Attack was more dumb than predictable I think.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Didn't the bathoty guy just like wander out into the snow underdressed

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

It was a typo but I'm keeping it

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

hatelull posted:

I don't really know the story behind the escalator but I guess that's dumb?

quote:

According to a police report, the 45-year-old was reportedly “clowning around and riding the rail of the escalator” before he fell backwards off an escalator at the Providence Place shopping mall in Providence, Rhode Island.

Yeah, pretty dumb.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Killingyouguy! posted:

Youre thinking of Windir I think. The frontman froze to death hiking.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah, pretty dumb.

The Providence shopping mall escalators run over 5 stories high. It's a HUGE drop. Like falling off a building basically.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Killingyouguy! posted:

Nah, Quorthon died from a congenital heart defect.

It was Valfar from Windir who got caught in a snowstorm and died from hypothermia.

Both died in 2004, though.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Killingyouguy! posted:

No, that was a sudden heart failure thing.

You might be thinking of the Windir guy, although that was not so much "wander into the snow underdressed" and more "caught in the mountains by unexpected snowstorm" which may happen to anyone no matter how experienced. Same thing happened to a classmate of mine at university; died like 100 meters from a safe cabin.

...freezing to death in a blizzard on a mountain is however the most authentic black metal way to die.

Efb

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah, pretty dumb.

i like that he was trolling gene simmons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7_VuQANEdE

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

https://twitter.com/ExhumedOfficial/status/1525182894934663168

Exhumed rules.

This is way cooler than making songs or albums about cancel culture.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Malaria posted:

Exhumed rules.

So loving hard.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Exhumed rule and so do Nechochwen. Azimuths to the Otherworld and Heart of Akamon are some of my favorite black metal albums ever. Really the first black metal band of note to go deep on implementing Native American themes and music into their stuff.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah, pretty dumb.

those escalators are loving terrifying. wonder how far he fell lmao

Kvlt! posted:

The Providence shopping mall escalators run over 5 stories high. It's a HUGE drop. Like falling off a building basically.

i dont have a huge fear of heights but that's one place i cant even walk near the railing on the walkways

Iceberg-Slim
Oct 7, 2003

no re okay

hatelull posted:

Other than the guy that fell into the escalator and Putnam, who else died in a super dumb manner?

I don't really know the story behind the escalator but I guess that's dumb? Heart Attack was more dumb than predictable I think.

The Finntroll guy fell off a bridge and died IIRC, which is pretty in character

E:
Per wikipedia:
On 16 March 2003, shortly before the release of Visor om slutet, guitarist Teemu Raimoranta died when he fell off a bridge in Hakaniemi, Helsinki. Although they had lost their last remaining founding members in this tragic event, the band did not dissolve, but after some time decided to go on, touring Europe for two weeks, supported by the band Katatonia

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I just noticed that Karl Willets has a new electronic band called H Drive Project. There’s only a teaser video out but it sounds pretty good. Makes me want a Karl/Justin Broadrick collaboration. Memoriam is ok but I feel like he deserves better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cjdk77XW4k

https://www.cosmickeycreations.com/h-drive-project-syntax-zero-one-10-lim-500-3-clrs-pre-order-27-05.html

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

By the way, if you like Carcass at all, don't sleep on this. Cartilage are rad as hell.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Going to my first show tonight on like two years. Beast in Black and Nightwish and I am so freaking excited!

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

remigious posted:

Going to my first show tonight on like two years. Beast in Black and Nightwish and I am so freaking excited!

Enjoy! I went to my first show in two years the other night: Ensiferum and Dark Tranquility! My neck really hurts now as it hasn't moved like that for some time.

However, it did leave my head ringing. I think its time to join the earplug crew.

Can you guys recommend some really good concert earplugs from Amazon UK that I can order? Thank you! Budget options also welcome...

Downbeats seem pretty affordable? https://www.amazon.co.uk/DownBeats-...ps%2C116&sr=8-3

henpod fucked around with this message at 10:50 on May 16, 2022

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

remigious posted:

Nice! I'm gonna see them in July at Masters of Rock, I'm really curious if Yannis Papadopoulos can deliver live.

henpod posted:

Enjoy! I went to my first show in two years the other night: Ensiferum and Dark Tranquility! My neck really hurts now as it hasn't moved like that for some time.

However, it did leave my head ringing. I think its time to join the earplug crew.

Can you guys recommend some really good concert earplugs from Amazon UK that I can order? Thank you! Budget options also welcome...

Downbeats seem pretty affordable? https://www.amazon.co.uk/DownBeats-...ps%2C116&sr=8-3

I've been happy with Alpine PartyPlugs, which are similary cheap.

My tip would be to make sure you're comfortable with the holder, ie that you can quickly put them away and take them out in the dark without looking and while holding a drink in one hand. Fumbling around, or dropping one in the grass, while you're trying to talk to a friend or order a beer between songs sucks.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I've been rocking Howard Leight Bilsom 303 disposables for over a decade, since I bought a giant box of them for motorcycling.

I just throw a handful in my pockets before I go, and I don't have to worry about losing them, I'll just grab another pair.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

NihilCredo posted:

Nice! I'm gonna see them in July at Masters of Rock, I'm really curious if Yannis Papadopoulos can deliver live.

I've been happy with Alpine PartyPlugs, which are similary cheap.

It was pretty obvious that Yannis wasn’t singing the entire time, but it didn’t bother me. They put on an amazing, energetic show and you could tell they were all having a blast. I had the hugest idiot grin on my face and drat it felt good to be among “my people.” I’d been wanting to see them live for so long and they really delivered :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

My plugs fell out on Saturday near the final set and it was such a drastic difference. At that point though I wasn't caring and just kept going. But christ, my neck and even my brain yesterday were sore. :lol:

Killer night though - Outre Tomb were fantastic but I didn't see any merch after the show which sucked. They had their last song cut off due to time which no one there liked.

I wasn't sure what to think of the next band, Striker - at first I was like, eh, this is cheese to the max but I got into it and was banging away after. Good times with em!

And Exciter... they just loving ruled. Had a rough start as Dan's mic wasn't working at all and when they were fixing it the speakers popped insanely loud a couple times but once that was fixed we banged our heads till 1am. So incredible.

A shame Razor wasn't there as someone got covid in their party. I didn't go the second night of the mini-fest - wasn't really feeling Cryptopsy or Kataklysm.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

wasn't really feeling Cryptopsy or Kataklysm.

:catstare:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Maybe they only played tracks off of And Then You'll Beg.

Blut Aus Nord's newest release is exactly what you'd expect from a BAN record - nothing like anything else they've put out before and completely awesome.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Iceberg-Slim posted:

The Finntroll guy fell off a bridge and died IIRC, which is pretty in character

Literally stopped breathing when I read this

quote:

E:
Per wikipedia:
On 16 March 2003, shortly before the release of Visor om slutet, guitarist Teemu Raimoranta died when he fell off a bridge in Hakaniemi, Helsinki. Although they had lost their last remaining founding members in this tragic event, the band did not dissolve, but after some time decided to go on, touring Europe for two weeks, supported by the band Katatonia

Literally resumed breathing when I read this, then I felt bad for not feeling bad

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I still feel some second-hand grief over it. I never knew or even met the guy personally, but a friend of mine was friends with him, and I still remember when she called me after hearing about it. She was so shook up. :smith:

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Look, Decapitated got falsely accused of rape and were torn apart by the press until cleared. Nergal just recently had to fight his 11-billionth blasphemy charge in Poland.

The cancel culture poo poo is on the nose, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out why they would feel that way. They've got more reason to complain about it than most of the edgy bands.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

sick death/doom. first track is nothing like the rest fyi

https://listen.20buckspin.com/album/tlazcaltiliztli

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
New Horn album is superb.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Henchman of Santa posted:

To get back to actual music discussion: this Nechochwen album slays. It's a black metal record but similarly to Havukruunu it has big epic guitar lead moments.

their split with panopticon was great, thanks for the heads up

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I think I would characterize this basho as "sloppy" in both the wrestling and the officiating.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Vargatron posted:

I think I would characterize this basho as "sloppy" in both the wrestling and the officiating.

yeah but how are the riffs

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

DeimosRising posted:

yeah but how are the riffs

Terunofuji has flashes of brilliance but he’s very clearly not on his A-game this go around.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

gently caress wrong thread lmao.

this basho is about a "Are You Dead Yet?" caliber performance.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I got these in the mail today. gently caress yes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

That post got me now listenin to Bal Sagoth

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

CornHolio posted:

I got these in the mail today. gently caress yes.

loving outstanding. I’m still waiting on my delivery.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Lifeglug posted:

loving outstanding. I’m still waiting on my delivery.

I'm still waiting on them to rerelease the first three albums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

CornHolio posted:

I'm still waiting on them to rerelease the first three albums

That too. Whilst the latter trilogy is good, Battle Magic is among my favourite all time albums and it’s never seen a vinyl release. I can’t remember who said it but there is apparently a release for the first trilogy in the works.