Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ginette Reno posted:

The Pittsburgh media all seems to think that Crosby, Rakell, and Jarry are playing tonight. I guess we'll see.

Going off morning skate I would think that Jarry is definitely starting and Sid/Rakell are big 'maybe' but to really definitely yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

mennoknight posted:

filled with a tangible sense of dread and nausea, must be a Flames 1st round deciding game

This feels like 06/07 where the Flames had a chance to close out the Ducks in 6, Huselius hit a crossbar, Ducks went the other way and scored and then Calgary poo poo the bed like only they can in game 7.. I was crushed...

Now I'm older and wiser?

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Also I think this will be awful hockey to watch... Like 30 combined sog awful

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
I think that was when I gave you that avatar.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Misanthrope posted:

Also I think this will be awful hockey to watch... Like 30 combined sog awful

I'm already in a grumpy-and-snapping at my kids mood and I've had an otherwise great day. it's going to be a poo poo night.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Misanthrope posted:

This feels like 06/07 where the Flames had a chance to close out the Ducks in 6, Huselius hit a crossbar, Ducks went the other way and scored and then Calgary poo poo the bed like only they can in game 7.. I was crushed...

Now I'm older and wiser?

I’ll never forget ‘08 when the corpse of Owen Nolan was trying to will them past the Sharks

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

mennoknight posted:

filled with a tangible sense of dread and nausea, must be a Flames 1st round deciding game

Yup.

I'm also convinced that the hockey gods don't want another BoA in the playoffs soooo...... :smithicide:

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
If history is any indication the Stars are due for a 2OT heart attack game too.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Cheating wins. gently caress the Rangers. gently caress the refs. gently caress the NHL.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Cheating wins. gently caress the Rangers. gently caress the refs. gently caress the NHL.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Cheaters always prosper. It's why Tampa won last year and why the Rangers will probably injure their way to a Stanley Cup final blowout.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
What can you really say? Had the highest xgoals I think of any team in the first round, and lost. Just couldn't overcome the bad goaltending/injuries and superior Rangers special teams. Dominated on 5v5 but goaltending and special teams is a thing and the Pens did badly at both.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
It's good to know the hockey gods still reward the better team when they do clean checks and pucks on net.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

What can you really say? Had the highest xgoals I think of any team in the first round, and lost. Just couldn't overcome the bad goaltending/injuries and superior Rangers special teams. Dominated on 5v5 but goaltending and special teams is a thing and the Pens did badly at both.

Rangers gifted 2 goals tonight because ripping a players helmet off to create an odd man and all of a sudden we're going to call holding after letting all the hacks, whacks, holds, and interference go sure is totally on the up and up

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
I mean, shrug. Either team coming out of tonight’s game will get loving obliterated by Carolina, so :shrug:

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Rangers gifted 2 goals tonight because ripping a players helmet off to create an odd man and all of a sudden we're going to call holding after letting all the hacks, whacks, holds, and interference go sure is totally on the up and up

brother you must be lost, you're in the "Playoffs" N/V

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1526027262855942147?s=20&t=-7avNUV22ke0yliJWOxMUw

Special teams and goaltending matter sadly

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

:hmmyes:

I mean the Pens COULD construct a team that doesn't rely on poo poo goaltending I guess

but that's a discussion for the loser thread

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

tainting the pool with loser tears

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/BlueshirtsBreak/status/1526023848583372803

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Levitate posted:

I mean the Pens COULD construct a team that doesn't rely on poo poo goaltending I guess

Cheating team with no trophies lolololol

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

RINGZ.

I got BINGO!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Raynejahs baby, love da Raynejahs

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1526027657170722817

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Levitate posted:

We tried that and it worked for a lil while but then Matt Murray's clock struck midnight.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

They do not infact get a trophy for this though???

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

RINGZ.

I got BINGO!

You're a Spurs fan too?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Rex please drink some water and go lay down.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Amazing that this never happened against Toronto

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

You're a Spurs fan too?

try again kid :wave: :wave: :wave:

NY #1 as always love da Rangers let's go the Rangers

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

that wasn’t even what i was trying to say but :lol:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

NY #1 as always love da Rangers let's go the Rangers

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Maybe time to sleep it off.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I can't really enter the sports city trophy talk because I'm a weirdo who roots for different cities in different sports

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Pens/Rangers series never had a very intense vibe despite Sidney’s brain, but RAS and PAS having the most posters remaining on this dead gay forum has built an intense new posting rivalry

It’s beautiful

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The only thing that'd really bug me about the rangers winning the cup this year is them not managing to pull it off with Lundqvist

Otherwise it's whatever. They're fine for the most part

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

The Dirty Burger posted:

Pens/Rangers series never had a very intense vibe despite Sidney’s brain, but RAS and PAS having the most posters remaining on this dead gay forum has built an intense new posting rivalry

It’s beautiful

honestly I remember generally having more insane feuds with Ottawa and Montreal (mainly because Stab is typically the Connor McDavid of awful playoff posters). i hope Ottawa gets good again and meets the Leafs in the second round. you guys have a lot of pent up energy and LAS is too morbid in the first round. i think a second rounder would be great entertainment

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The only thing that'd really bug me about the rangers winning the cup this year is them not managing to pull it off with Lundqvist

Otherwise it's whatever. They're fine for the most part

I'm pretty much here as well. Don't hate the Rangers. I'll even root for them against anyone in the East that is not Florida. gently caress Tampa getting a threepeat because then Wonderllama gets to say they're better than the Pens and I can't stand for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Ginette Reno posted:

Don't hate the Rangers.

Wtf no, this is a terrible opinion.