Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

evilpicard posted:

Inflation is awesome for debtors though

to the extent that your salary rises to cover your debts and you don’t lose your job I guess. what % raise did you get this year ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I got 10% this year. My empliyees got the same but backdated 6 months and then another few percent based on their performance.

Companies in my area are desperate to hang onto workers. Even McDonald's has giant signs saying starting at $17/hr

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

evilpicard posted:

Inflation is awesome for debtors though

All billionaires are debtors, unfortunately

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Wheeee posted:

“But,” she objected, as if this were self-evident, “they’d borrowed the money! Surely one has to pay one’s debts.”

Goddamn, the smoothest brains.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Their response to cops taking a white supremacist alive after he kills a bunch of black people in a targeted hunt:

https://twitter.com/AndrewJBates46/status/1525907858306523136

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m very mad

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chris James 2 posted:

Their response to cops taking a white supremacist alive after he kills a bunch of black people in a targeted hunt:

this feels like both sidesing in a way i can't quite put my finger on :thunk:

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Chris James 2 posted:

does he think he's on the campaign trail? why is he stressing "fund the police" like when "defund the police" was still a thing people said?

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Vomik posted:

does he think he's on the campaign trail? why is he stressing "fund the police" like when "defund the police" was still a thing people said?

bc he's a useless racist mushbrain, op

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

bc he's a useless racist mushbrain, op

once again the simplest explanation is the correct one

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Vomik posted:

I guarantee you when they break out the brain pills he reboots like bender with the penguins and his options are 'speechify' and 'yuck it up'

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
he sincerely thinks we should give cops more money

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

what a useless sack of old demented poo poo. the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hate it when my boss criticizes me in public

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/_AfricanSoil/status/1524458055835996160
https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1524374540620644352?s=20&t=QDF2cr9OBJcVNAmbKdG-LQ

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

she’s running

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol that they've completely ceded this fight to an absolute lunatic who thinks Jews have space lasers but even she can realize 'wait maybe feeding our babies matters more than this stupid proxy war'

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Eh, the Democrats are dumb but we know it's sort of a false dichotomy. The US government can definitely spend on both things.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zurtilik posted:

Eh, the Democrats are dumb but we know it's sort of a false dichotomy. The US government can definitely spend on both things.

I mean, they shouldn't be spending anything on giving nazis guns to fight other nazis but they should be making sure mothers don't have to steal formula to keep their baby alive so I think 'false dichotomy' aside the dems have failed completely in every regard there!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

rhetoric isn't about logic nerd

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

indigi posted:

but which of their candidates does this stuff not apply to? Kamala, Biden, Sanders are all fake Christian coastal elites, none of them served. I guess Buttigeg did an internship with the marines but being gay automatically makes him a phony Christian to a lot of Christians, even Democrat voters. they probably couldn’t get away with it even if they had the balls, and the hypocrisy charge only carries any weight with Blue No Matter Who voters
see this is loser thinking, right here. you do it anyway and don't give a poo poo if it makes you a "hypocrite" because nobody actually cares

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

empty whippet box posted:

this feels like both sidesing in a way i can't quite put my finger on :thunk:
it's called "getting hosed coming and going"

Zurtilik posted:

there is probably nothing the US government could realistically do to solve the baby formula shortage. no direct solution from congress is possible. politicians will yell and scream and point fingers and, after enough time has passed and infants have died for the market to half-assedly sort it out for them, they'll try to take credit

if it were a republican congress and president right now the same gop calling out the democrats right now, would blame the crisis on deadbeat mothers instead. and then from the democrats you'd get a bunch of harsh tweets

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

actually I take that back: if the gop were in charge you'd see legislation entirely on republican terms that democrats would go along with and try to act like it was their idea in the first place. the legislation would basically be tax breaks and other subsidies for formula companies. then, on the other end, you'd have some backroom deals between gop leadership and the businesses responsible, to take action to mitigate the issue in the short term (the cost to do so would be far less than the handouts given to industry by the new laws, of course)

then by the end of 2023, partially as a consequence of the law, one company would produce and distribute all the baby formula in the country

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Jabberlock posted:

orange man good if he destroys the democrats.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

lol that they've completely ceded this fight to an absolute lunatic who thinks Jews have space lasers but even she can realize 'wait maybe feeding our babies matters more than this stupid proxy war'

is it a proxy war if it's NATO against russia

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

remember when biden was going to cure cancer lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Are the libs owned yet or are people itt still in the extremely big think that dread-manifestation works and doesn't just cause an internal hemorrhage of depression

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Try reposting but phrased as if you were a regular human with an interior life instead of a Twitter-brained moron.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Yadoppsi posted:

Try reposting but phrased as if you were a regular human with an interior life instead of a Twitter-brained moron.

This completely answers my question, tyvm

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Do you actually believe the Dems will do well in 2022 or are you just trying to locate an anti cspam position that will somehow be more memorable than Nazism

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

you: the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

the democrats in 2022: lol we just raised another billion dollars and nobody important lost their seat

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Waffle House posted:

This completely answers my question, tyvm

Good. This is the only kind of post I want to read from you, Waffen House:

Waffle House posted:

lmao wew wrong thread *whistling my way right on outta here*

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Starving babies don't vote.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Antonymous posted:

is it a proxy war if it's NATO against russia

yes because Ukraine only exists as it is today as a proxy/buffer state against Russia and never was going to be allowed into NATO?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lmfao

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Waffle House posted:

Are the libs owned yet or are people itt still in the extremely big think that dread-manifestation works and doesn't just cause an internal hemorrhage of depression

im confused, do you think the democrats will come out of 2022 undestroyed?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Waffle House posted:

I'm gonna stuff you in a locker

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

gently caress, this is going to be an even easier election for the Rs than 2016. The narrative just builds itself so easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

actually I take that back: if the gop were in charge you'd see legislation entirely on republican terms that democrats would go along with and try to act like it was their idea in the first place. the legislation would basically be tax breaks and other subsidies for formula companies. then, on the other end, you'd have some backroom deals between gop leadership and the businesses responsible, to take action to mitigate the issue in the short term (the cost to do so would be far less than the handouts given to industry by the new laws, of course)

then by the end of 2023, partially as a consequence of the law, one company would produce and distribute all the baby formula in the country

thankfully my toddler no longer needs formula but basically all formula in the US is either mead johnson (owned by Reckitt, a British multinational) or Abbott labs. nestle’s brand, gerber makes up the remainder. it’s maybe 40-40-20 between the three.

three multinationals enter, which will win?