Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
But what if the thing that appeals to me about Keijo is the insane concept and rampant horniness? It sounds like these shows are conventionally good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Keijo is loads of stupid fun. Maybe other shows are better are providing stupid fun, but it isn't like if you watch too much anime you die.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Raenir Salazar posted:

Keijo is loads of stupid fun. Maybe other shows are better are providing stupid fun, but it isn't like if you watch too much anime you die.

you do, actually

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i already died and i'm still watching anime so who's laughing now

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

I liked the beach volleyball anime Harukana Receive it's got girls in swimsuits and tones of lesbian attraction.

i will now watch your anime

marumaru
May 20, 2013

anyone know if theres a japanese learning thread on sa?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

marumaru posted:

anyone know if theres a japanese learning thread on sa?

All the language threads are under the SAL subforum under Ask/Tell.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I wish I could have watched some anime today on this Sunday, but it is not Anime Sunday

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kwyndig posted:

Watch them in Broadcast Order, by which I mean watch all of K-On first and then do the mismatched episodes of Haruhi. I've heard that's the best. I've only watched like 2 eps of K-On. and one ep of haruhi but close friends have recommended this order for maximum enjoyment.

i haven't watched the broadcast order of haruhi but release order is uh... an experience lmfao. all the endless eight episodes are back to back

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

endless eight has only ever been all together like that, it was one of the arcs that got added the second time around, not in the original run

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

I keep meaning to watch more sports sports anime. after I watched Uma Musume Pretty Derby both seasons since it turned me on to sports anime.
uma musume has a great youtube channel too, highly recommended

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

i haven't watched the broadcast order of haruhi but release order is uh... an experience lmfao. all the endless eight episodes are back to back

As they should be.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

homeless snail posted:

golshi is Good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Arist posted:

I wish I could have watched some anime today on this Sunday, but it is not Anime Sunday

actually it is

marumaru
May 20, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

All the language threads are under the SAL subforum under Ask/Tell.

thanks!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

homeless snail posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkSUH7wAz7o

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah this is really good on-topic promotional material for anime and/or anime mobage, looks directly into camera

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I just wish they would release the game over here, maybe in cooperation with Crunchyroll.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its a fun game but, I don't know if it would be successful here or not for the amount of material they would have to translate. will the people care about horse girls

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I would but I'm not a whale so they just ignore me.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

homeless snail posted:

yeah this is really good on-topic promotional material for anime and/or anime mobage, looks directly into camera

lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

you're right, it's only if you cross the bad anime threshold that you die

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

I liked the beach volleyball anime Harukana Receive it's got girls in swimsuits and tones of lesbian attraction.

It's like Prince of Tennis except instead of smashing a tennis ball and wiping out the dinosaurs it's Titty Hyponosis with a dash of butts glowing and turning super sayian

Keigo I mean. Also something about a butt cannon that splits the pool in half.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
people always bring up the dinosaur extinction but never the playing tennis on a sinking ship that gets completely submerged underwater at one point

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

people always bring up the dinosaur extinction but never the playing tennis on a sinking ship that gets completely submerged underwater at one point
1) you're absolutely right. 2) happy anniversary lazulight and happy birthday tokino sora. 3) who is the king of tennis

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
butt bounce kupo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Srice posted:

actually it is

:monocle:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Srice posted:

actually it is

I watched two more episodes of Zeta Gundam while I worked on my gunpla, Haman is finally here!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

3) who is the king of tennis

a samurai, obviously

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

surf rock posted:

But what if the thing that appeals to me about Keijo is the insane concept and rampant horniness? It sounds like these shows are conventionally good

saki canonically takes place in a sci-fi alternate universe where gay marriage is legal worldwide and they've invented a scientific method for women to have children with each other. one of the main characters is a wacky short girl who loves tacos and is given the power to play mahjong better when she eats tacos. the reason she has taco super powers is because her aunt's girlfriend is from mexico and they all ate tacos together in her childhood

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

theres a saki character who can travel forward in time to see what is going to happen next turn. one time she tried to look forward two turns but collapsed and promised to never try that again, except when she's backed in a corner she reveals she's been training and looks three turns ahead. as a result shes hospitalized but its okay because she transferred a part of her power to her friend while she was resting her head on her lap, appearing to her as a mahjong genie that she can ask 3 times to peek into the future for her. they still lose though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I love saki, I love tacos. I need to get back to reading it because it's so good the character actions and the mahjong powers.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

theres a saki character who can travel forward in time to see what is going to happen next turn. one time she tried to look forward two turns but collapsed and promised to never try that again, except when she's backed in a corner she reveals she's been training and looks three turns ahead. as a result shes hospitalized but its okay because she transferred a part of her power to her friend while she was resting her head on her lap, appearing to her as a mahjong genie that she can ask 3 times to peek into the future for her. they still lose though.

that's the power of thighs

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i normally vibe with noralities videos but her video on gay magical girls was pretty bad and kind of annoyed me a lot lol

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
How so?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it was weirdly dismissive of yuri, saying most of it was either 'murder lesbians' or 'purity lesbians' (she kept pointing at and framing the editing around Bloom into You as a latter example as well?? and grouping it with stuff like girls bravo) and that most yuri anime is "seinen" and made by dudes (ignoring the original manga authors) so she's not interested in yuri in general. and then she spent the last 10 minutes complaining about how the writer of madoka magica said "probably" rather than "yes" to a question about madoka and hamura being in love, in an interview that was doubly translated from japanese to german to english

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

you do, actually

Just like nutmeg, if you have too much anime in one sitting you will die.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

it was weirdly dismissive of yuri, saying most of it was either 'murder lesbians' or 'purity lesbians' (she kept pointing at and framing the editing around Bloom into You as a latter example as well?? and grouping it with stuff like girls bravo) and that most yuri anime is "seinen" and made by dudes (ignoring the original manga authors) so she's not interested in yuri in general. and then she spent the last 10 minutes complaining about how the writer of madoka magica said "probably" rather than "yes" to a question about madoka and hamura being in love, in an interview that was doubly translated from japanese to german to english

I skimmed the video a bit and she does a demographic analysis by looking up the demo tags of the series listed on the wikipedia page for yuri...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Motto posted:

I skimmed the video a bit and she does a demographic analysis by looking up the demo tags of the series listed on the wikipedia page for yuri...
which wouldn't have been helpful anyway since marketed demo, intended demo, source magazine vs authorial intent, it can all be different (preaching to the choir here of course but just venting i guess lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
somehow most of the people who do videos on this subject end up putting out one of the worst things i've ever heard of, consistently

The 7th Guest posted:

which wouldn't have been helpful anyway since marketed demo, intended demo, source magazine vs authorial intent, it can all be different (preaching to the choir here of course but just venting i guess lol)

extra weird is that they fail to make note of a large chunk of the graph being for dedicated yuri mags, which like. some of those tried to have more separated gender demographics. once. it didn't really work. mostly the same people would read them all equally anyway and a lot of them are women lol