Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

try again kid :wave: :wave: :wave:

NY #1 as always love da Rangers let's go the Rangers

What lunatic made this list, included the CFL and excluded Canadian cities???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

this is sad

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Duckman2008 posted:

Wtf no, this is a terrible opinion.

Give me a couple more series like this and I'll get there.

I need some more time to get the angry feelings back. I've seen too much success too recently to get overly worked up about these things any more. If it gets to another decade between cup wins I'll start to get the rage back.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

this is sad

it is, please pour one out for the poor cities that have 1/4th as many Major Sports Championships as The Greatest City In The World, New York City

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Top 5 baby let's goooooooo

And that's with the Lions!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Ginette Reno posted:

Give me a couple more series like this and I'll get there.

I need some more time to get the angry feelings back. I've seen too much success too recently to get overly worked up about these things any more. If it gets to another decade between cup wins I'll start to get the rage back.

I am really happy for the back to back Cups because the officiating in that series really was slanted the Rangers' way and between that and the assault on Crosby I would have been lost in rage far worse than rex was tonight and would probably have gotten myself banned. As is, it sucked but they weren't gonna win the Cup anyway, I can cry into the two they already won (three actually though the third was a long time ago), life goes on.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

it is, please pour one out for the poor cities that have 1/4th as many Major Sports Championships as The Greatest City In The World, New York City

please, you're no Daniel, Wyoming

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/vzmercogliano/status/1526038589410365440

Lmao

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

I am really happy for the back to back Cups because the officiating in that series really was slanted the Rangers' way and between that and the assault on Crosby I would have been lost in rage far worse than rex was tonight and would probably have gotten myself banned. As is, it sucked but they weren't gonna win the Cup anyway, I can cry into the two they already won (three actually though the third was a long time ago), life goes on.

i tried to be open-minded about this but the Pens had 4 more power-plays and had the two biggest decisions of the series go for them in critical times, both on calls that could have gone either way (Kakko and Guentzel). i don't think that was it. chance + having to play their third string was more the factor.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
so uh, penguins are complaining about Petterson losing his helmet and "having to leave the ice" when he could have just put the helmet back on...and the Pens asked for clarification on this very rule last year when it happened and cost them a goal so they should have loving known??

lol

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Levitate posted:

so uh, penguins are complaining about Petterson losing his helmet and "having to leave the ice" when he could have just put the helmet back on...and the Pens asked for clarification on this very rule last year when it happened and cost them a goal so they should have loving known??

lol

I think it is a stupid rule but it is kinda funny that Petterson didn't realize he could have just put it back on.

I'm not sure if he gets back into the play in time to do anything about that goal even if he does put it back on though

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/FitzGSN_/status/1526043454320652291

Sound up RAS

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I hope Carolina beats the Rangers and I also hope that Penguins fans keep having tantrums

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

oh man that's nice

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Ginette Reno posted:

I think it is a stupid rule but it is kinda funny that Petterson didn't realize he could have just put it back on.

I'm not sure if he gets back into the play in time to do anything about that goal even if he does put it back on though

I"m more amazed that sullivan apparently still doesn't know the rule and is complaining about it to the media

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

oh man that's nice

Now if I lose my helmet
And I head back to the bench now
And I don't put it back on
Imma feel like an rear end in a top hat

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

honestly I remember generally having more insane feuds with Ottawa and Montreal (mainly because Stab is typically the Connor McDavid of awful playoff posters). i hope Ottawa gets good again and meets the Leafs in the second round. you guys have a lot of pent up energy and LAS is too morbid in the first round. i think a second rounder would be great entertainment

Aging myself here but the Sens/Rangers playoff game a decade ago where Carkner basically assaulted Dubinsky and then Dubi got tossed will forever be burned into my memory after he chucked a gatorade cooler on the way out

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

The Dirty Burger posted:

Aging myself here but the Sens/Rangers playoff game a decade ago where Carkner basically assaulted Dubinsky and then Dubi got tossed will forever be burned into my memory after he chucked a gatorade cooler on the way out

Hahaha wasn't there another edit where it bounces back up after he throws it?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Honestly, is there a reason they pop off like they’re put on with butter on the inside? Helmets are supposed to stay in place so they protect the stuff inside them, but they barely stay in place on a bunch of these guys. Not having a helmet is bad news for people falling at free skate on a Saturday afternoon, it’s so much worse at 25mph.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Many/most players don’t wear the strap tight enough to help keep the helmet on
They’re simply not wearing it correctly

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Jhet posted:

Honestly, is there a reason they pop off like they’re put on with butter on the inside? Helmets are supposed to stay in place so they protect the stuff inside them, but they barely stay in place on a bunch of these guys. Not having a helmet is bad news for people falling at free skate on a Saturday afternoon, it’s so much worse at 25mph.

I'd imagine sweat has something to do with that.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Matt Zerella posted:

I'd imagine sweat has something to do with that.

I can go 50 miles in the Texas summer on my road bike and never have it move an inch. I definitely think most of these players barely have it resting in their head.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Levitate posted:

Many/most players don’t wear the strap tight enough to help keep the helmet on
They’re simply not wearing it correctly

This is what I’m alluding to.

I get that they’ll still occasionally come off when you hit your head, but this is a no brainer from a personal and player safety thing. If you wear it tightly enough, it’s also a lot harder for someone else to tear it off.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Hand Knit posted:

Maybe time to sleep it off.

wow just another BLATANT example of the mods being biased against pens posters

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Ginette Reno posted:

Don't hate the Rangers.
Counterpoint: gently caress every single New York sports team—even the sports I don't watch or particularly care about.

Knicks? gently caress 'em. Giants? gently caress 'em. Red Bulls (:lol:)? gently caress 'em.

gently caress all of them. gently caress New York as a concept.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Abner Assington posted:

Counterpoint: gently caress every single New York sports team—even the sports I don't watch or particularly care about.

Knicks? gently caress 'em. Giants? gently caress 'em. Red Bulls (:lol:)? gently caress 'em.

gently caress all of them. gently caress New York as a concept.

You know, I might just hate every single team and city in North America

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
I'm so excited for the Battle of Alberta

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Matt Zerella posted:

Hahaha wasn't there another edit where it bounces back up after he throws it?

Not quite bouncing up but there have been some great edits here over the years.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If the Oilers don't sweep Calgary the entire country of Canada can die, as far as I'm concerned

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Shinjobi posted:

If the Oilers don't sweep Calgary the entire country of Canada can die, as far as I'm concerned

have you ever seen Mike Smith play hockey?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mennoknight posted:

have you ever seen Mike Smith play hockey?

losing to this Flames team should be embarrassing to any team that considers itself a contender.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
I think Calgary will have an easier time with Edmonton than with Dallas, tbh. Notably because Edmonton has no D or goalie. But it's playoffs so wio knows. The only thing I know is it's gonna be loving awesome

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I think the Flames will be able to score some more goals because Mike Smith is not the goalie Oettinger is. That being said, Edmonton definitely has some better goal scorers than Dallas so it will be interesting.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Red X results. round 2 predictions end when the puck drops on the next round.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000767&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post523489506

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
It will be the Mike Smith experience.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MoaM posted:

It will be the Mike Smith experience.

I personally cannot wait for this, he's the most exciting Oiler because anything can happen when he has the puck.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I have now seen 5 first round victories since I started cheering for the Calgary Flames hockey club in 1986 because of Lanny McDonald's mustache. in 3 of those years they made the finals. Goddamn my heart is not going to be able to take the next round.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Rick Bowness hates hockey and the Dallas stars are terribly boring.

Flames in 6.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/EvolvingHockey/status/1526074561355202561

Wild list here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

It was kind of a Canucks in-joke to refer to Demko playing well (as in, merely elite-level) as "bubble Demko" -- I forgot just how insane the real bubble Demko was. One goal away from taking a true-talent 80-point team to the conference final.