Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

I didn’t like all the talking but I like the Big Dog. They should do that now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Gavok posted:

Notable Kozlov things:

- Had a really, really bad match with Triple H.

Trips' 2008-09 title run was something else. Great Khali at SummerSlam, Kozlov at Survivor Series, the back-asswards booked Mania match with Randal. Also lost the title for about 3 minutes to The Brian Kendrick.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Destroy My Sweater posted:

i drink blood before my matches, also city name sports team has never won a SuperBowl....follow the buzzards deh

super dark and brooding stuff, also you fans are ugly & smell bad.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

DEAR RICHARD posted:

super dark and brooding stuff, also you fans are ugly & smell bad.

I think you mean YOU SHEEPLE because that is what The Judgement Day calls the fans. Sheeple.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhea brings that stable up but at the same time is too good for it.

Also yeah, the dark spooky vibe they're going for doesn't fit when Edge then goes and cuts some cheap heat promo on the local sports teams and that the audience looks ugly.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

right now im just imagining The Brood's first promo but instead of saying that it was forbidden hehehe by the undertaker and the freeks come oot at night, gangrel and edge just cut a You People's Sports Team promo with the same inflections

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

coming up through the ring of fire wearing yankees jerseys in boston

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

Apparently Damien Priest had the same tron just with his name instead, but still had the tacky dark angel wings or something.

The Judgement Day is a really dumb faction because they are trying to be badasses but its just so...not great. That's not even talking about Edge, Rhea, and Damien this past Monday pretty much playing generic heel promo bingo, with the only box not being ticked was taking a shot at the local sports team (because Hartford doesn't have one). And now that I think about it, I think every single faction in WWE (both main roster and NXT) are heel factions. Toxic Attraction, The Judgement Day, The Bloodline, and The Lads. WWE really does hate giving babyfaces actual friends it seems. I fully expect Balor or AJ to turn on the other and join The Judgement Day.

What are like... 3 things you like about WWE currently?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

the only things I like about WWE rn are Cody doing Cody things and Ilja Dragunov's NXT UK title reign, and one of those things doesn't exist

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Venomous posted:

the only things I like about WWE rn are Cody doing Cody things and Ilja Dragunov's NXT UK title reign, and one of those things doesn't exist

True, Cody isn't real.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Gavok posted:

Notable Kozlov things:
- Somehow has a clean win over the Undertaker by countering Old School into a powerslam.
Kozlov also repeatedly beat Kenny Omega in DSW; I'm trying to figure out how many people have pinfall victories of Undertaker AND Kenny Omega. I am 99% sure the only other person on the list is Chris Jericho. Hell, I'm not even sure how long the list of people who have wrestled both the Undertaker and Kenny Omega in singles matches is. Aside from Kozlov and Jericho, I could find Christian, Rhino, Jon Moxley and AJ Styles if you count the Boneyard. None of those four have victories over both Undertaker and Omega.

There are obviously a lot more people if you expand out to include tag matches and Rumbles and etc.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Astro7x posted:

complaining x3

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Astro7x posted:

The end of Raw
The end of NXT
The end of Smackdown

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Charlotte Flair Quarantine Zone
Bryan Alvarez’s worsening mental state the longer NXT shambles on
Can’t think of a third thing

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Astro7x posted:

I like they turned NXT into Horny Nickelodeon 25 years too late.

I like Becky's headgear.

That's it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that guy wasn't talking to any of you

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i like to have fun

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

i like to have fun

Wrong thread for that

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Bob Lashley
Sleepy Girl
Big E having feeling in his extremities

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Cavauro posted:

that guy wasn't talking to any of you

If I waited for someone to talk to me I might as well take a vow of silence.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Astro7x posted:

1. They put a bunch of old NWA/WCW stuff up on Peacock
2. They put a bunch of old WCCW stuff up on Peacock
3. I get Peacock for free via my cable provider so I don't have to pay an additional cost to watch #1 and #2 above

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Charlotte Flair Quarantine Zone
Bryan Alvarez’s worsening mental state the longer NXT shambles on
Can’t think of a third thing

Alvarez mental state is so bad now he thinks NXT is fine because he also has to watch raw and SD that are all equally terrible. Vinny on the other hand who refuses to watch bad wrestling but has to watch NXT for his job is about ready to break Bryan's arms for cruel and unusual punishment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoVZCyL4zqk

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Lid posted:

Alvarez mental state is so bad now he thinks NXT is fine because he also has to watch raw and SD that are all equally terrible. Vinny on the other hand who refuses to watch bad wrestling but has to watch NXT for his job is about ready to break Bryan's arms for cruel and unusual punishment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoVZCyL4zqk

Vinny himself raised the idea of quitting when the shows are bad so he doesn’t actually have to watch nxt.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Joey McChrist posted:

coming up through the ring of fire wearing yankees jerseys in boston

the idea of this made me laugh a lot. thank you, friend.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That DICK! posted:

i like to have fun

I like to laugh

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I don't think Jericho ever beat Undertaker.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Dr. Baker posted:

I don't think Jericho ever beat Undertaker.

Apparently he beat him once on a Smackdown in 2010, but it was no DQ, so there you go

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Venomous posted:

Apparently he beat him once on a Smackdown in 2010, but it was no DQ, so there you go

quote:

Jericho hits a DDT on an unsuspecting Taker for two. He then removes the turnbuckle pad, Taker gets him from behind, Jericho fights out of the choke slam attempt but gets kicked into the exposed turnbuckle! Last Ride for Jericho! Edge runs in with a spear on the Undertaker! No disqualification, so this is still going on as Edge leaves ringside. Taker does the zombie situp and picks up Jericho, but Chris hits a Codebreaker on the Dead Man and gets the three count!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

taker hates the new generation playing video games because of his deep love for larp

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/report-money-in-the-bank-commercials-are-a-major-source-of-confusion-among-wwe-writers-producers/

quote:

As noted last week, Cody Rhodes said that the respective MITB Ladder Match winners would get a chance to main event WrestleMania. The commercial aired during WrestleMania Backlash. The same commercial aired during Monday Night Raw, NXT, and Friday Night SmackDown so it is clear that this was not a mistake because the commercial could have been edited if there was some sort of error.

In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reported the following about the MITB stakes: “The only direct company word regarding that question was there is nothing definitive either way. Another person said that Vince has plans already in place for the top matches at Mania and the winners of MITB in the title matches wouldn’t be that, although that commercial aired three times without an edit.”

Ringside News reported that the winners of the MITB ladder matches are not set for a WrestleMania match and someone on the creative team stated that they did not know why they used the specific verbiage during the MITB commercials that aired last week. It was also said that there is a “major source of confusion” amongst the writers and producers about what was said during the commercial.

As of this writing, the announcers have not given a clarification on the stakes for the ladder matches but there are several weeks left to tweak their plans. The next pay-per-view is Hell in a Cell on June 5th and Money In The Bank is scheduled for July 2nd.

Cody is loving things up for the writers you love to see it

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Why would you get a "chance" to main event WM (do your chances drastic go down?) AND the MITB briefcase? Your briefcase is your chance to run in on the main event of WM

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
on the grand scheme of a stipulation being setup that has no bearing with reality, i think the cody commercial doesn't matter

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

quote:

Vince has plans already in place for the top matches at Mania and the winners of MITB in the title matches wouldn’t be that

The Rock just HAS to agree to wrestle Roman THIS time! :goodshit:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

randy orton: [driving up to his favorite local dairy queen which has a 'now closed' sign on it] there is no DQ

randy orton wife: well maybe we can go home and order tacos.

randy orton: [scrolling through grubhub] there is no bell to ring

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The Rock just HAS to agree to wrestle Roman THIS time! :goodshit:

Rock not willing to show up for his anniversary show at Survivor Series but willing to film a short video for Impact for Ken Shamrock's entry to their Hall of Fame is still very funny to me.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Maybe they should make MITB for a spot at wrestlemania. Start pointing at the sign in July.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That DICK! posted:

randy orton: [driving up to his favorite local dairy queen which has a 'now closed' sign on it] there is no DQ

lol

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

That DICK! posted:

Hell yah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

That DICK! posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

thank u agent cody

That DICK! posted:

lmao