Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I was willing to swallow the price increase and the smaller box size and pick up a set box, but apparently the set boosters still have 15 cards instead of 20 like draft boosters, despite the larger count being the stated reason for fewer packs per box for CL1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Arivia posted:

Volo has off the top of my head 7 published Guides and 0 Journals IRL. 0/10, Wizards.

Interesting use of “IRL” here.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Elephant Angel :3:

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I like Bant, so I'd use the Adventure commander.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Man, I'm still wrapping my head around Kamigawa and New Capenna commander options. This is all going so fast.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

TotalHell posted:

Interesting use of “IRL” here.

I'm referring to the seven published "Volo's Guide" books in the real world, as opposed to his much longer/larger bibliography in fiction.

e: Myrkul is cute+fun, nice art and a fun flavour win.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Arivia posted:

Volo has off the top of my head 7 published Guides and 0 Journals IRL. 0/10, Wizards.

That's why the journal is only for his private use.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Really looking forward to rebuilding my Gates deck for Historic Arena...

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Arivia posted:

I'm referring to the seven published "Volo's Guide" books in the real world, as opposed to his much longer/larger bibliography in fiction.

e: Myrkul is cute+fun, nice art and a fun flavour win.

I figured, I’m just joshin’ ya.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Framboise posted:

Man, I'm still wrapping my head around Kamigawa and New Capenna commander options. This is all going so fast.

Yeah there is a LOT hitting this year. I know the last couple of years have just been a firehose of releases, but I’m really wondering how many folks burn out on Magic in 2022 specifically because of all of this.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

TotalHell posted:

Yeah there is a LOT hitting this year. I know the last couple of years have just been a firehose of releases, but I’m really wondering how many folks burn out on Magic in 2022 specifically because of all of this.

I skipped out on New Capenna cause of the new CL set, but gently caress my life, after the giant gently caress off price increase and way they're doing the new Masters set that's coming out AFTER the new Commander Legends I might skip out on this one too. It's too loving much, on top of Dominaria and Brother's War coming out.

Oh yeah on top of

:siren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g37v1vslYc :siren:

Jiro fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 17, 2022

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Arivia posted:

Journal has Hexproof, so you can't target it for purchase.

Never mind how big of a pain it is for sellers to deal with something they can't label or examine or scan.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Just as well, it's immune to targeted marketing.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So this is our Summer 2022 set in lieu of a core set, right?

Except it's not coming to Standard or Explorer/Pioneer but IS coming to Alchemy/Historic.

And it will have a Mastery Pass replacing Kamigawa in a couple of months.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Everyone knows Van Richten has the better Guides anyway.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Everyone knows Van Richten has the better Guides anyway.

Except for the one about the Vistani, yikes.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Except for the one about the Vistani, yikes.

In Van Richten's defense, his son got killed by Vistani, and later on he would come to regret his earlier anti-Vistani racism.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
xpost:

new article on the card kingdom union.

having worked there, all this is very real. warehouse workers and pickers are treated like absolute poo poo despite needing specialized training for almost everything they do, and ck's solution is just to hire an army of temps.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

wonder if the set will have any interesting eternal-playable adventure cards

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Totally need to see the spoiler of the "gates matter" commander they talked about on the stream

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

xpost:

new article on the card kingdom union.

having worked there, all this is very real. warehouse workers and pickers are treated like absolute poo poo despite needing specialized training for almost everything they do, and ck's solution is just to hire an army of temps.

That all sounds supremely lovely, this particularly had me reeling.

quote:

They claimed poor communication runs throughout the company, as evidenced by the fact that none of the workers of the Bellevue Mox Boarding House location have been told that the lease on their facility was not renewed, despite Ballard staff openly discussing it for months. They said this puts the jobs of everyone at Bellevue at risk, and thus they have a right to know.

Knowing for months that you weren't going to be renewing a lease on one of your stores and just not mentioning it, presumably up until the moment the store closes and they are laid off.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Totally need to see the spoiler of the "gates matter" commander they talked about on the stream

This one?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
https://twitter.com/basicmountain/status/1526580116502892546?s=21&t=VnkB4vZPKgTiepkIKIQ0iw

Chefs kiss

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

CHEFS KISS is one too many letters :confused:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

CHEFS KISS is one too many letters :confused:

:golfclap:

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

That's trash if that is the one they meant. It needs to be 5C

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Lmao Dynaheir art continuing the Infinity Engine tradition of just tracing over a photo of a celebrity is a good (unintentional) touch

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Eej posted:

Lmao Dynaheir art continuing the Infinity Engine tradition of just tracing over a photo of a celebrity is a good (unintentional) touch

That's definitely Rihanna right

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
5000%

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Not counting what's in this new set, there's currently FOUR gates that can go in this guy's commander deck so if there aren't a lot of new ones, good luck triggering that ability lol.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

kalel posted:

wonder if the set will have any interesting eternal-playable adventure cards

Expensive but maybe close:

https://twitter.com/SpellTable/status/1526611716045361152

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

That's trash if that is the one they meant. It needs to be 5C

Yeah, I was looking forward to building her, but if I can't turn it into a Maze's End commander deck, I don't think she's going to be worth running instead of, like, Kennrith or 4c Omnath.

Given that Nine-Fingers will be able to run:

Dimir, Golgari, and Simir Guild Gates
Gateway Plaza
The 3 color + choice Gates from CL:BG (the not Cliff and Citadel ones)
Baldur's Gate itself

That's only 8.

Adding in Vesuva, Thespian's Stage, Sakashima's Protege, Replication Technique, Mirage Mirror, and Orvar, you have a deck that's still too much effort to make work for what should be a fun theme, and still won't trigger Maze's End because some will have the same names.

Toph Bei Fong fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 17, 2022

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
There are 9 named gates in Baldur's Gate so there should be three more we don't know about yet, presumably it's not another cycle so all 3 will probably be in its colour identity

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1526654868236165121

Immediately swerving into Green Pack 3 no matter what as soon as I see Wilson

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wilson kicks rear end

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress yeah, now THAT's a bear

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Me after crewing a Renegade Freighter and blocking Wilson:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fadam posted:

Me after crewing a Renegade Freighter and blocking Wilson:

Lol