Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Susan Collins is like the one person where this dude's terrible art style is actually appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
DOGGIE BAG

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

And what would you rather have that money spent on here in the US, McCoy?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

We're in the final stretch where policy costings is becoming a thing: Coalition costings: $3.3bn in public service cuts to fund election pledges worth $2.3bn (Guardian). Pope is cartoonist for The Canberra Times where slashing the public service could be a deciding factor (the ACT votes very left, but if they vote even more left it might cost the Liberals a senator).

Rowe:

Labor will release their costings on Thursday which is normal for opposition parties but that isn't going to stop it becoming a thing.

Knight:

John Howard was brought down from Sydney to campaign in Melbourne to help Josh Frydenberg save his seat.

Wilcox:

Shakespeare:

The Liberals have two policies on housing: letting first time home buyers raid their retirement savings to buy small houses and giving retirees tax breaks to sell their larger houses to buy small houses.

Downes:

Lethbridge:

Spooner:

Korthal
May 26, 2011

JamesBont posted:

And what would you rather have that money spent on here in the US, McCoy?

"True" conservatives would rather you refund the money and lower taxes, as the only thing a libertarian government would spend money on is defense.

You know, in spite of the fact that the aid money is Defense money.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

lol

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Erdoğamete

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/ACABylonBee/status/1526399585681285121?t=UOB19-yAEhbmRyA3eibGxw&s=19

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Walt Handelsman

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Jack Ohman

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Jen Sorensen

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Tony Branco

quote:

Crowning Achievements: It backfired badly when Biden tried slamming Trump by labeling him the M.A.G.A king, a name Trump wears proudly.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

this isn't even saying anything???

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

This is a terrible recipe card. Has Bennett never read a recipe before? Name up top, list the ingredients, then go over the steps.

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

Literally the opposite of reality.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'd say "LOL he ripped off a Tina Toon of all things" but it's such a hack premise I can believe they both came up with it independently.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
What the actual literal gently caress? Is Lester using this racist serial killer's murder spree against black people as an excuse to go "YEAH BUT WHAT ABOUT THE TIME A BLACK GUY KILLED PEOPLE"?? Does he draw these in full klan regalia or what the gently caress

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Really wish we could get past the myth that white supremacists are all dumb uneducated hicks.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Trump and his soft, full, kissable lips.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Meanwhile in 1948, it's also an election year! And what better way to symbolize it than a good old-fashioned lynching?

As you might guess, the Trib cartoonists don't think much of organized labor in politics...

And now, behold the spectacle of a conservative cartoonist denouncing military overspending.

If you were wondering, Parrish and Orr completely ignored Truman's integrating the military. In general, they have nothing to say on racial issues, probably because they don't give a poo poo. Something tells me this attitude won't last as civil rights becomes more prominent in politics. They do produce cartoons gloating about how Southerners seem to be turning on the Democrats, but never why.

But hey, it's almost the 50s! Better work on that red-baiting. I love the faces in this one:

And one last nice sentiment:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Nothing like a Strong Message for the Midterms

Ted Rall posted:

Voters will be going to the polls for the midterm elections six months from now. Democratic politicians know that they face an uphill climb and are likely to lose both the House of Representatives and the Senate. Yet the party hasn’t managed to coalesce behind a clear message beyond not being Republicans.

First Dog on the Moon: How to preference your ballot so you VOTE SCOTT OUT! (Don't frack it up)

Sargon of TN
Nov 7, 2011

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

Yes, Ramirez be a hateful right wing hack, but NGL this image is metal as gently caress.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

We all know who really runs this country: Big Labor

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Dubar posted:

We all know who really runs this country: Big Labor
Don't disparage the giant hate skullmoon.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The next time I attend a demonstration I want to make one of those box signs

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

1 posted:

Yes, Ramirez be a hateful right wing hack, but NGL this image is metal as gently caress.

I hate it because it's the classic attempt to frame stuff like the Buffalo shooting as just a random act of human nature that we can do nothing about, like a hurricane.

But yeah it would be a rad metal album cover.

RAMIREZ

ECLIPSE OF HUMANITY

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Her Dryer posted:

RAMIREZ

ECLIPSE OF HUMANITY
*death growl* DEBT!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

DAWN OF THE LAST DEBT
-35 Trillion Dollars Remain-

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can say
A total eclipse of the hate

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ben Garrison posted:

THE REPUBLICAN PRIMARY IN PENNSYLVANIA PROVED ONE THING: THE BIG MONEY CANDIDATES ALWAYS WIN.

UPDATE: OZ pulls ahead of McCormick by 2,600 votes. Winner TBA

We at GrrrGraphics were hoping Kathy Barnette would pull off an upset. Although she garnered a great many votes, the mega millionaire RINO candidates finished in a virtual tie. The recount should determine the winner in a few days. The MAGA-minded voters are the losers.

I’ve never listened to or watched Dr. Oz. I know Trump gave him his blessings, but it’s not as if the president hasn’t been wrong before. After all, he populated his cabinet with Swamp operatives even though he did point out the existence of said Swamp. I don’t mean to offend conservatives who voted for Dr. Oz, but I don’t like his looks or his fast-talking manner. I don’t like that he holds a dual citizenship. Of course, a great many of our politicians also enjoy that status. Too many share citizenship status with Israel. I believe they all should be focussed on helping America first and foremost and not foreign countries. Dr. Oz has some rabid supporters. Among them include the mega millionaire war monger Sean Hannity. Geraldo Rivera loves Dr. Oz as well. Big red flags! Dr. Oz is wishy washy on abortion and gun control. I sense another RINO could be on his way to the Senate.

Both Dr. Oz and David McCormick spent a great deal on advertising. I’ve read they’ve spent $50 million combined for attack ads. They largely ignored Kathy Barnette until a conservative PAC donated $2 million to help her. She campaigned hard and knocked on many doors, but she too was then able advertise–and that’s when she got attacked as well. They accused her of secretly belonging to BLM and supporting Barack Obama. These ridiculous smears were disproven, but that’s how the big money bullies operate. I listened to Barnette being interviewed by Dr. Steve Turley. We were both impressed by her. I also heard she did well in the debate.

McCormick served in the Bush administration and subsequently he handled a lot of business dealings with China. McCormick is an establishment Republican. He was endorsed by McConnell and Cruz. He will fit right in with the current ‘uni-party’ in DC. McCormick was not a Trump supporter, which might explain while the president supported Dr. Oz instead, but neither deserved Trump’s support. Barnette did. We were told he could not consider supporting her because she did not stand a chance in the general election. That’s funny…they said the same thing about Donald Trump when he ran. Barnette was the only candidate who is a true populist. She genuinely wants to make America great again. Instead, big money will prevail as usual.
looooool that Garrison found a way to disagree with a Trump because because he was too Middle-Eastern.

But it’s okay! He supported Kathy Barnette, who is definitely NOT racist against Muslims and she DID NOT use the “they’re a religion, not race” card borrowed from anti-semites.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I find a little comfort in the fact no ones likes Oz.

Edit: oh people are still voting for him nvm

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

I find a little comfort in the fact no ones likes Oz.

It would be cool if they could be less antisemitic about it though.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

Dawn of
The Final Day
-24 Hours Remain-

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Alhazred posted:

It would be cool if they could be less antisemitic about it though.
Is he Jewish? I saw his Turkey citizenship and my brain went to islamophobia.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the US anti-abortion movement – The hypocrisy of claiming to support the ‘right to life’ while toting a gun"

Telegraph:

Bank of England warns of 'apocalyptic' global food shortage

Matt:

Perseverance: Nasa rover begins key drive to find life on Mars

Independent:

Truss insists move to scrap parts of post-Brexit deal cannot be delayed

Times:

Evening Standard:

Soaring 9% inflation increases pressure on Sunak to act on cost-of-living crunch

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

NDP
Jun 25, 2021

Selachian posted:

And now, behold the spectacle of a conservative cartoonist denouncing military overspending.

The "Old Right" was largely isolationist and opposed excessive defense spending because it was being used for overseas military adventures or as part of some sort of "international entanglement" (e.g., NATO). Even after WWII, there was an attitude in conservative circles that the US should go back to minding its own business and shut out the rest of the world militarily, diplomatically, and economically (many of those on the "Old Right" also believed in high tariffs to block foreign trade). However, there was another school of American conservatives who, alarmed by the post-war expansion of the USSR and the spread of communism, advocated for greater international involvement and increased defense spending. It was this latter school that prevailed politically.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

You can even see that slow evolution in his cartoons as he starts side-eying Stalin.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Pants Donkey posted:

Is he Jewish? I saw his Turkey citizenship and my brain went to islamophobia.

Arguably islamophobia is a subcategory of antisemitism, because "semitic" is an archaic term for people of Levantine or Arabic descent, but the actual word was invented by proto-nazis to add a layer of legitimacy to the more on-the-nose "Jew hate" they had been preaching before then, so in practice it applies specifically to pejudice against Jewish people.

Oz is a Turkish muslim and he does get a fair amount of Republican hate on that front, but I've seen more hate directed at him for being an agent of the New World Order ushering in the Great Replacement, which is very much a crazy antisemitic conspiracy theory. See also Garrison's rant which does not bother to mention his religion, but does take a random swing at Israel.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Is it still ok to hate him for being a snake oil salesman?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

by Song Chen

Le Monde

by Osama Hajjaj from Jordan
came with a small text entitled: "United States, murdered by the mass shooting in Buffalo"

by Rayma from Venezuela

Charlie Hebdo

Finland and Sweden submit their applications to join Nato

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

rydiafan posted:

Is it still ok to hate him for being a snake oil salesman?

it's perfectly fine to hate someone for their unscrupulous and harmful actions, yes

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Anthony Albanese gave the traditional National Press Club address yesterday while Scott Morrison was the first PM in 50 years to blow that off. Also the wage growth figure was released: Australian wages grow 2.4 per cent annually, far below inflation (9News) (inflation is 5.1%, so this is a real pay cut of 2.7%).

Knight:

On the release wage growth figure being below inflation.

Pope:

A whole bunch of ministers have been in hiding during the election so their past record or portfolio aren't a significant part of the campaign.

Wilcox:

The Coalition is planning on funding their pledges with a cut to the public service.

Lethbridge:

This whole campaign has had people ask Labor when they were going to release their costings (they plan to release them today).

Leak, Son of Leak:

Albanese to take South-East Asia package to Quad meeting if Labor elected (SMH). The Quad meeting is on Tuesday and the election Saturday, so this means Albanese has to hit the ground running if he wins and get sworn in immediately so he can make the meeting. This has also had Scott Morrison and conservative commentators claim Albanese is being presumptuous and arrogant in saying what he will do if he wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

on-the-nose "Jew hate"

heh