Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Watch out for gregnat sex, this hurts babby head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I found a bunch of old Photoshops on my Google drive. Some going back to 2004

https://mega.nz/folder/D9NT3DxR#b2ZgIiBeHILOATjYAvfrHw

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

By popular demand posted:

Whatever happened to :hb: anyway?

Edward Mass posted:

GBS 2.1 did him in.

We learned just how horrible some goons are. It was like when Trump was elected and we learned just how lovely some Americans could be. Lots of goons decided that Hellbastard had not grown enough as an artist, and that he should not presume to post funny comics on our forums for our entertainment.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I appreciate that you have fond memories of the comics but sincerely have you gone back and looked at them recently

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."
I still have a couple of songs from the ancient "You write the lyrics we'll sing the songs" thread(s?) and really wish I could find the rest but i think they all went when tindeck died. Here's the ones that I found: https://mega.nz/folder/ATBgDQ4a#kzVImp9BhP5xC89ewpOj5w

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Fake Name posted:

I still have a couple of songs from the ancient "You write the lyrics we'll sing the songs" thread(s?) and really wish I could find the rest but i think they all went when tindeck died. Here's the ones that I found: https://mega.nz/folder/ATBgDQ4a#kzVImp9BhP5xC89ewpOj5w

I believe I've got one of the ones you're missing; I'll see about digging that up and getting a copy to you when I can.

Also, a lot (most?) of the old tindeck stuff survived on archive.org.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I didn't even hear about tindeck going down, oh my gosh we must have lost so much stuff. This is like when Google video and Vimeo died, christwagons!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Moai Ou posted:

In an effort to make my stuff more organized and usable, I'm going through the big unsorted and misc. folders on my end and placing files in appropriate places (if any). Because I'm a crazy person, I've decided to try to find all the old threads that these folders came from. As I do, I'll add a URL file to the top of each folder. Rather than messing with what's already uploaded, I'm starting a new link :siren:HERE:siren:. As stuff is sorted and old threads found, it'll be added there until everything from the old link is gone thru.

Is there any way we can separate the Freelance Astronaut stuff into its own separate folder from the rest of the SA stuff? Not that it isn't important SA stuff, but it's 46GB and Mega has a hernia trying to separate folders for downloading individually without importing them into your own personal folders. It's a little cumbersome to download the 51GB zip folder just for the ~5GB of non-LP stuff imo

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006

Powered by alcohol

here is a game I found on here in 2004 that starts with dick cheney activating vultron and hulk hogan fighting to restore america

https://file.io/wHJtxm9hHawM

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

barnold posted:

Is there any way we can separate the Freelance Astronaut stuff into its own separate folder from the rest of the SA stuff? Not that it isn't important SA stuff, but it's 46GB and Mega has a hernia trying to separate folders for downloading individually without importing them into your own personal folders. It's a little cumbersome to download the 51GB zip folder just for the ~5GB of non-LP stuff imo

Done! The Freelance Astronauts stuff is now here. I'm still adding links to the original threads as I sort through everything. 80+ links are available now. Finding them reminded me just how great 05~06 was here. So many classic threads.

Also found some cursed threads, including one about Trump wanting to run for president in 2010 (who'd vote for him lol), and one about Marvel planning to make 10 movies after Iron Man (nobody's going to see all these comic book movies).

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Moai Ou posted:

Also found some cursed threads, including one about Trump wanting to run for president in 2010 (who'd vote for him lol), and one about Marvel planning to make 10 movies after Iron Man (nobody's going to see all these comic book movies).

What's amazing about this is that Trump came up a lot on these forums and the idea of him running for president with it, an idea that predates him actually doing it by a very wide margin. It's astonishing just how long they idea had been gestating in the public consciousness. People were talking about it in the 80s.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Heath posted:

What's amazing about this is that Trump came up a lot on these forums and the idea of him running for president with it, an idea that predates him actually doing it by a very wide margin. It's astonishing just how long they idea had been gestating in the public consciousness. People were talking about it in the 80s.

To be fair, he'd been hinting and forming exploratory committees for nearly two decades before he actually tried to run in the 2016 race. He even started doing a bit of media appearances for the 1988 race, though he dropped it before he took any real steps.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

man i had a good folder of FYAD content that got lost when i decided to ban myself for a few years and come back as a Normal GBS poster

downloading now

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Moai Ou posted:

the Mr. Water video.

I think it was Mr Water or Judohobo which got me to finally register instead of lurking.

Can't believe this video is still up on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xK6Tjfsr2Y&t=3s

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

tomapot posted:

I think it was Mr Water or Judohobo which got me to finally register instead of lurking.

Can't believe this video is still up on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xK6Tjfsr2Y&t=3s

I keep Super Bon Bon on my playlist purely because of this video

Prayers for JudoHobo

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

im so old

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I keep that entire Soul Coughing album in my car solely because of the Judohobo video.

Y'all remember the pizza matrix? Enjoy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kzYulkD13D0

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This was always my favorite video from that era and I still go back and watch it sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbMLphi7HQU

e: never realized it was the same guy as the Pizza Matrix montage

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

MREBoy posted:

I have this on my computer. Somewhere.

FOUND IT

Imgur gallery system is poo poo so I will be posting in chunks, 48 pgs total.

Now presenting - "One Class" :ussr:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

haveblue posted:

This was always my favorite video from that era and I still go back and watch it sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbMLphi7HQU

e: never realized it was the same guy as the Pizza Matrix montage

I'm pretty sure that photoshop thread was the straw that broke the camel's back to get me to join the forums.

Captain Charisma
Nov 10, 2021

MREBoy posted:

FOUND IT

Imgur gallery system is poo poo so I will be posting in chunks, 48 pgs total.

Now presenting - "One Class" :ussr:

:five: holy gently caress bookmarked thank you

CH Science
Sep 11, 2019

Yall might find the random SA attachment scroller fun

Potentailly (probably) :nws:
https://justinwash.github.io/sa-random-attachment-scroller/

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

CH Science posted:

I'm just getting the non-loaded image red X, even on the zero-blockers browser I keep for annoying websites that won't work otherwise.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

CH Science posted:

Lucky first try :buddy:

I get the red x once every few times, but it loads correctly pretty often.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'm just getting the non-loaded image red X, even on the zero-blockers browser I keep for annoying websites that won't work otherwise.

:same:

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturę et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan

CH Science posted:

:wtc:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Oh god I think I remember this one. IIRC there was something floating around about someone (I think a gamer? Don't think it was a goon but it wouldn't even crack the top ten shameful things we have going on) who basically subsisted on Monster for a few months and ended up with crazy loving kidney stones.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

Seems like this works in Firefox but not anything Chromium-based, I presume because they don't pass through your SA login cookies when a SA-hosted image is embedded on an unrelated site. Not sure whether or not this is technically correct behaviour.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
SgtSanders 2008: Kiss Shreds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw5oJoUYTb8

And a hilarious video I was introduced to here in 2006 (Period Piece - PARODY - of "Pink Slip")

tw: gross menses jokes :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT3aAjUbT5M

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
I have tried finding an image a couple of times that was a picture of a dude at a computer (CRT monitor) and he looks like he's having a great time and the caption was something like 'TYPING ON THE INTERNET'.

please post if you come accross

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

I have tried finding an image a couple of times that was a picture of a dude at a computer (CRT monitor) and he looks like he's having a great time and the caption was something like 'TYPING ON THE INTERNET'.

please post if you come accross

Based on this classic perhaps?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Polsy posted:

Seems like this works in Firefox but not anything Chromium-based, I presume because they don't pass through your SA login cookies when a SA-hosted image is embedded on an unrelated site. Not sure whether or not this is technically correct behaviour.

I'm on Firefox, though. But it also doesn't work on Edge for Android (chromium based).

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Boy howdy did this bring back memories. Thanks for this, I'll keep it on my hard drive and cherish it forever scroll through it for fifteen minutes, chuckle a bit, then forget I ever had it.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

Based on this classic perhaps?

My memory is shot but I think this was the first meme (or what ever) that I remember seeing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Jippa posted:

My memory is shot but I think this was the first meme (or what ever) that I remember seeing.

Image Macro.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Cyrano4747 posted:

Same here, even in Firefox.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Fuschia tude posted:

To be fair, he'd been hinting and forming exploratory committees for nearly two decades before he actually tried to run in the 2016 race. He even started doing a bit of media appearances for the 1988 race, though he dropped it before he took any real steps.

He also ran for a third-party ticket in 2000 (the Reform party and dropped out) and teased running in 2012 by talking about Obama's birth certificate until it was finally released and he dropped out.

It's kinda difficult to explain now but Trump always talked about politics for decades like he was going to run. Then he'd put in a half-hearted effort and drop out the second actual pressure was applied. People figured he was just doing it to sell something and draw attention to himself (both true to be honest) and when he ran in 2016 people figured it was another novelty run at first. The only difference being he was going all-in by running under one of the major parties but still, people figured he was trying to boost ratings for The Apprentice or something.

Then he got actual, honest-to-God support from Republicans, he just kept going and the rest is history.

pixaal posted:

Image Macro.

I haven't heard this phrase in a very long time and takes me back to 2005.

Justin Godscock fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 20, 2022

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Is it okay to share a few goon related or goon produced YouTube links from back then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Turpitude posted:

Is it okay to share a few goon related or goon produced YouTube links from back then?

Honestly, a Goon nostalgia thread might be a better place, no?