Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I like how in Japanese and Korean baseball games there is a dedicated section for visiting supporters (In NPB it's left field, in KBO it's the 3rd base line).

I guess baseball is a bit different in that teams take turns cheering so they're not trying to drown each other out. But anyway, rival fans make things more fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Powershift posted:

I'm constantly jealous of english football where opposing fan teams have their own sections and can take trains from city to city to watch their teams.

Jealous? You know why they're in their own sections right? And why there's no alcohol served in the venues. English football fan are the absolute worst.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Jealous? You know why they're in their own sections right? And why there's no alcohol served in the venues. English football fan are the absolute worst.

Drinking in english football stadiums is just banned in the stands which makes it worse as people chug pints in the concourse in a rush to return to their seats.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Couple of Flames fans shoved an Indian man down the stairs at game 7.

https://twitter.com/MarxGasol/status/1526585198279786497

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

:stare:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Can you show me the negative part of that chart I wanna see where Penguins goaltending was

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

Can you show me the negative part of that chart I wanna see where Penguins goaltending was

The numbers seem a little different here but i think everybody is just making all of this up anyways.

https://evolving-hockey.com/stats/g...l_age2=%2250%22

This is the source on the image but i don't see the stat on the chart.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/pl...e&draftteam=ALL

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I definitely agree with those lists saying Mike Smith is the best goaler left in the playoffs

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
I think I've seen enough to say the Oilers are going to win. most everyone in the media is counting them out. i think McDavid will go off this series. i think they're a very dangerous team with no expectations

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://flamesnation.ca/2022/05/16/adam-klapka-calgary-flames-czechia-contract/

Flames signed a huge guy who probably stinks

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Stiev Awt posted:

That is beyond hosed up, where the gently caress was stadium security?

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County

Stiev Awt posted:

This smelled suspicious to me (these pictures of two posing and smiling fans were taken by the sister after they fled and as they tried to take away her phone?), but it appears the woman pictured did try and take away someone's phone:
https://twitter.com/nic_andersen/status/1526211126173831168?s=20&t=K6SHvPwZss33JmFr5l9Nag
Hopefully the dad is alright in any event.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Good soup! posted:

That is beyond hosed up, where the gently caress was stadium security?

Brady Tkachuk was giving them a piggyback ride too

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Wow this is really going to change how I perceive Calgary

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Wow this is really going to change how I perceive Calgary

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Who's making the GDT

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Good soup! posted:

Who's making the GDT

Idk but somebody needs to do it so we can talk about that anthem singer

CobwebMustardseed
Apr 8, 2011

And some said he would just be a shell of his former self upon his return.

Good soup! posted:

Who's making the GDT

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Idk but somebody needs to do it so we can talk about that anthem singer

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
This game is awful so far so let it ride

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I did the thing

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4002292&perpage=40&noseen=1

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/weisshockeytalk/status/1526726409342918658?s=21&t=z5W24f0MNm-orGyrPNoDjg

Kucherov made Ekblad look silly tonight

Chiarot skating over from Perry to go to no mans land owns

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Whoops wrong thread

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I really haven't been very impressed by anybody in the east. Kinda makes the Pens loss sting even that much more because everyone looks very beatable. Carolina looks like the best of the bunch but they have warts too so far at least with special teams. And not so sure how their goaltending would hold up if they play a team that pushes them more. I thought Tampa and Florida both looked kinda lovely last night and if I didn't know any better I would have called that a regular season game. The pace of play was bad.

Colorado has that vibe about them and I dunno how they're gonna get stopped

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

I really haven't been very impressed by anybody in the east. Kinda makes the Pens loss sting even that much more because everyone looks very beatable. Carolina looks like the best of the bunch but they have warts too so far at least with special teams. And not so sure how their goaltending would hold up if they play a team that pushes them more. I thought Tampa and Florida both looked kinda lovely last night and if I didn't know any better I would have called that a regular season game. The pace of play was bad.

Not for nothing but this has been said about Colorado for a few years now and, well...

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

Brett Ritchie is going to torpedo Mackinnon and Kadri will get suspended for retaliating

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

mennoknight posted:

Brett Ritchie is going to torpedo Mackinnon and Kadri will get suspended for retaliating

I was gonna ask why not Tkachuk doing that but then I remembered he'll probably do something stupid in the Oilers series to get himself knocked out for at least part of round three

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i only get pissed at hockey when turnt up so gotta wait for the weekend for good rage posts as long as the epic fail mod isn't probating for it

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Ginette Reno posted:

I think you were spoiled by the gong-show Pens-Rags series. The Caps demonstrated how effective clogging up the neutral zone can be at neutralizing the Panthers' rush game. The Bolts are executing that strategy, albeit more effectively.

So unless the Cats break the game wide open somehow, you're not going to see a lot of sustained pressure or rush chances or terribly exciting hockey basically.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Chad Sexington posted:

I think you were spoiled by the gong-show Pens-Rags series. The Caps demonstrated how effective clogging up the neutral zone can be at neutralizing the Panthers' rush game. The Bolts are executing that strategy, albeit more effectively.

So unless the Cats break the game wide open somehow, you're not going to see a lot of sustained pressure or rush chances or terribly exciting hockey basically.

So what you're saying is we got a version of the Dallas Stars in the 2nd round anyway.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

I was gonna ask why not Tkachuk doing that but then I remembered he'll probably do something stupid in the Oilers series to get himself knocked out for at least part of round three

yeah, he'll try to make a statement in game 1 and break his pinky on like Derek ryans butt

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Some real stupid poo poo is gonna happen tonight and I am very excited

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1526978184608202753
Girard had a great game last night. He gets a lot of flack because he's made some bigger mistakes of the Avs defensemen and he gets pushed around a lot if the other team plays more physically. Replacing Girard's partner from Nemeth to Manson since last year's playoffs is much better. Apparently he had to get x-rays due to a blocked shot near the end of the game but Bednar said he'll be good tomorrow. On the third pairing D, Timmins being replaced by Byram is also an upgrade from last year.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Some real stupid poo poo is gonna happen tonight and I am very excited

Need Tkachuk and Kassian to get reacquainted tonight

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I forgot that Manson scored a really similar goal in the last regular season game between Colorado and St Louis.

https://www.nhl.com/avalanche/video/manson-scores-goal/t-277437098/c-11515360

Same spot. Same shot placement.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
So there's a chance the Rangers will get Sammy Blais back? That would be huge if the poor guy can stay healthy.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Matt Zerella posted:

So there's a chance the Rangers will get Sammy Blais back? That would be huge if the poor guy can stay healthy.

sounds like only if they can advance past the 2nd round

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Levitate posted:

sounds like only if they can advance past the 2nd round

So….they aren’t getting him back then?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Duckman2008 posted:

So….they aren’t getting him back then?

You're in the wrong thread.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Matt Zerella posted:

You're in the wrong thread.

Oh don’t worry, Blues also are gone at the end of this round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ginette Reno posted:

The East bracket rules because you could point to every single team and make a decent case the them being able to make the finals. You could also point out how fraudulent everyone is and make cases as to why they would get bounced.