Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

Chargers signed EDGE Morgan Fox, formerly of the Panthers.

Fox, 27, signed a two-year deal with the Panthers last offseason after spending his first four years with the Rams. After recording just 1.5 sacks for Carolina, Fox was released in March and now links back up with coach Brandon Staley in L.A. as a sub-package player behind Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack.

That's a good signing. He has a lot left in the tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Elephanthead posted:

They also play on Christmas

I mean, someone has to play on that day

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

That's a good signing. He has a lot left in the tank.

Staley said he'll mostly be on the interior. Which makes sense given Mack and Bosa.

Also makes sense that he has EDGE experience given, y'know. Mack and Bosa

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

A new contender has arrived.

Good thing Morningview isnt around anymore.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
He's named after a MiG-15?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Doltos posted:

Jon Bois does good work but he still said MMA was caused by the Iraq War and got that idiot Falcons fan on to say that the Falcons/Saints rivalry was the fiercest in all sports

I was really disappointed by the Falcons 28-3 segment he did. He basically summed it up as evil will always triumph, because good is dumb. As opposed to actually cataloging all the stupid decisions and incredible breaks that made the comeback.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Baker [redacted]

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Holy poo poo I cannot imagine growing up with that surname

Nov 6, 2002

Spoeank posted:

I once knew a Gay Butts who's middle initial was "D".

I think she was a glutton for punishment because she also was a substitute teacher. Imagine walking into a classroom of kids you've never met before and writing "Mrs Butts" on the chalkboard.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think she was a glutton for punishment because she also was a substitute teacher. Imagine walking into a classroom of kids you've never met before and writing "Mrs Butts" on the chalkboard.

We had a Mister Bates in middle school. Salute to that man for getting up in the morning

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Falcons/Saints is definitely underrated. Possibly 2nd after Ravens/Steelers for modern era rivalries though 49ers/Seahawks is up there.

It's hard to rank anything other than a top 5, but it's absolutely in there, the opinions of NFC East fans who still think America cares about WAS/DAL notwithstanding

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I was really disappointed by the Falcons 28-3 segment he did. He basically summed it up as evil will always triumph, because good is dumb. As opposed to actually cataloging all the stupid decisions and incredible breaks that made the comeback.

Yeah that was weird I don't think anyone cared that Trump was at the game or that Brady partied with him. Still though, Dave Stieb.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I knew a guy named Richard Zucker who willingly went by "Dick". Sometimes I think it was a power move that he just owned it.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

She took her spouse's name? What was her name before, shithouse?

(Men in tights was a great movie although it shows it's age a bit. Stealth catapult!)

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
A kid in my junior high was named Mike Hunt. He pretty quickly decided to go by Michael

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i knew a guy named poo poo rear end in a top hat, and his middle name Was gently caress. the cincinnati bengals are going to win the super bowl.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Cavauro posted:

i knew a guy named poo poo rear end in a top hat, and his middle name Was gently caress. the cincinnati bengals are going to win the super bowl.

Does he think they will though?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Cavauro posted:

i refuse to believe

that the bungles have a chance to win the Big Game

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He went to Navy, so at least he leaned into it.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Went to school with a Wayne King… yeah.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Gotta be honest. I was never part of any academic team and even then I can't imagine dealing with being an even semi-insecure kid with that name. Respect.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Cavauro posted:

You had your chance, now it's time for the other criminal orange Ohio football team to have a shot

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.airforcemedicine.af.mil/News/Photos/igphoto/2001804976/

Chief Cum would like a word

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

We had a Mister Bates in middle school. Salute to that man for getting up in the morning

My middle school guidance counselor was Mr Boner, and his son was on my soccer team. poo poo luck on that one.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT GEORGE “STEVE” CUM

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1527033165956665346?t=QFFNIt5jh1FrnskhzaPELA&s=19

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sharknado slashfic posted:

I knew a guy named Richard Zucker who willingly went by "Dick". Sometimes I think it was a power move that he just owned it.
I met a man named Richard Hand, and his middle initial was N. He went by Dick, too, and I came to the same conclusion because holy moly.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Slurname

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

So is it pronounced the way we assume or is there some French angle to it, like Fa-go

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

latinotwink1997 posted:

So is it pronounced the way we assume or is there some French angle to it, like Fa-go

In my mind, I’m hearing it pronounced like Donald Glover in that old spelling bee video.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

latinotwink1997 posted:

yes it's pronounced Fago

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Kilometers Davis posted:

CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT GEORGE “STEVE” CUM

is this too long to be a user name

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mystic Stylez posted:

yes it's pronounced Fago

Faygo?

Nov 6, 2002

More hilarious cause this guy is likely 1000% uber christian since he's AF.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Everyone is focusing on the name, but I feel like not enough attention is being paid the the background pic that makes him look greasy and weepy like he just ate a mess of hot wings after a bad breakup.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.dvidshub.net/news/373932/top-air-force-enlisted-medic-retiring-after-three-decades-praises-airmen

Thank you for your service, Chief Cum.

quote:

Joining the Air Force in February 1990, Cum always had an interest in medicine and found an opportunity to pursue it in the Air Force.

“As a young kid, I remember watching old TV shows and I was fascinated by the paramedics,” said Cum. “I knew I wanted to do something in that line of work. When I joined the Air Force, I ended up becoming an aerospace medical technician and I have loved being part of that hands-on emergency care and response ever since.”

As with any Air Force medic, Cum’s training and passion for medicine came together during his deployments. Most notably, when he deployed to Afghanistan in October 2001, Cum encountered his first combat casualty, which impacted how he viewed his training and reinforced why he puts on his uniform.

“When I first witnessed that combat casualty, it opened my eyes to the fact that this wasn’t training anymore,” said Cum. “This was somebody’s husband, brother, father, son who was lost, and it was then I changed my entire thought process. Up until that point, I mainly focused on getting training done to keep up with my peers and be able to deploy. But when patients come in, I have a duty to be the best I could be.”

Nov 6, 2002

I wonder if Cum ever worked on seamen.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Dick Bong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Bong

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Say what you want about Cum, but he delivered hands-on service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

The hero of Superior, Wisconsin, who made me laugh every drive from MN to the UP.

Duluth also has a Bong Boulevard, but it's a pretty small stretch, not main street or anything.